IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 273.
#6351 5 years ago

I had a stream tonight of the new 1.57 code and we ended out murdering the game with a score of 8,099,050. In this game we get to and defeat Showdown, Armageddon, showcase the new Quantum Theater Multiball, as well as the changed Chaos in Quantum City. As for my game settings, I do have Sim Card Memory On, and have Special award an EB. You can download the new 1.57 code directly from the JJP website. If you enjoy this content, be sure to tune in live. We play pinball live on Twitch every WED at 7PM EST on Twitch.

Video:

#6352 5 years ago

So, how do you qualify QTMB? I thought you had to make two shots in each QT mode, but it seems like all you have to do is activate each QT mode whether you make the shots or not. Is that right?

#6353 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

So, how do you qualify QTMB? I thought you had to make two shots in each QT mode, but it seems like all you have to do is activate each QT mode whether you make the shots or not. Is that right?

Yessir.

#6354 5 years ago

Is that a change from the beta release? I could have sworn that I heard them say during the early stream of the new code that you had to hit each QT mode at least two times to count it for your progression towards the multiball. But, perhaps I misheard, and they were just talking about qualifying the QT modes in the first place.

Anyway, I think the whole QTMB adds a layer of strategy to this game that wasn't there before. DI was always a really fun game, but there wasn't much strategy to it other than advancing through the modes and trying to collect SIM cards. Now, I think the strategy comes in trying to time QTMB to stack it with something else in order to maximize points. I've only reached it twice so far, and both times, I've just gone for it right away because I was excited. But now I may try to wait and qualify another MB at the same time. I assume that if you stack Under Attack MB with it that it turns into a 5 ball multiball, is that right?

#6355 5 years ago

It’s 2 shots on the virtual targets in the theater to start each of the theater modes (4). Starting the theater mode (X4) qualifies the Multiball.

Example. Spider standup, virtual spider, spider standup, virtual spider, spider spinner theater mode (qualified)

Hope this makes sense

The manual says it’s supposed to be 3 shots on the virtual targets but the default is 2.

Junky

#6356 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Metal to metal joints, a tiny bit is okay.
LTG : )

Ok, so the squeaking/creaking is happening only when Betty is raising the diverter, because the wheel is rotating up and pushing against the circular plate above it. There is more metal against metal pressure when going up than down, hence...only squeaking when going up.

20181125_151629 (resized).jpg20181125_151629 (resized).jpg

It looks like there is originally maybe some grease on the rotating wheel? I do have oil/gun-oil that I could use but it seems maybe some kind of grease might be more appropriate here? I am definitely not a mechanic though.

#6357 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

It looks like there is originally maybe some grease on the rotating wheel?

That is what I'd do.

LTG : )

#6358 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok, so the squeaking/creaking is happening only when Betty is raising the diverter, because the wheel is rotating up and pushing against the circular plate above it. There is more metal against metal pressure when going up than down, hence...only squeaking when going up.
[quoted image]
It looks like there is originally maybe some grease on the rotating wheel? I do have oil/gun-oil that I could use but it seems maybe some kind of grease might be more appropriate here? I am definitely not a mechanic though.

If you have superlube, I would probably put the thinnest of coats on it. I'll have to do this as well since mine squeaks also.

#6359 5 years ago

I would need to get some superlube…...they make both an oil and grease. I would assume the grease then?

Also, my shooter rod also squeaks a bit. Should I use superlube or powdered graphite?

#6360 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I would need to get some superlube…...they make both an oil and grease. I would assume the grease then?
Also, my shooter rod also squeaks a bit. Should I use superlube or powdered graphite?

I wouldnt use anything on the shooter rod, just check to make sure its clean.

You would want the grease.

#6361 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I wouldnt use anything on the shooter rod, just check to make sure its clean.
You would want the grease.

No grease, but a dry silicone lubricant will work.

#6362 5 years ago

I wish they'd have left the option to keep the old multi-ball light show. My wife and I both loved that it threw the first ball out when the lights were out like the game was trying to trick your eyes. The new code gets rid of that extra bit of cool factor for us on that.

#6363 5 years ago

I just noticed "the button" on DI.

the-button-di (resized).jpgthe-button-di (resized).jpg
#6364 5 years ago

I'm about to place a Titan pinball order during their sale and was going to buy a replacement titan competition rubber set for DI. Any suggestions on what looks good colorwise? Right now its all white with red flipper rubbers.

#6365 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I'm about to place a Titan pinball order during their sale and was going to buy a replacement titan competition rubber set for DI. Any suggestions on what looks good colorwise? Right now its all white with red flipper rubbers.

I highly recommend clear for all the rings! Red flipper rubbers are fine.

#6366 5 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

I just noticed "the button" on DI.
[quoted image]

Nice one.
Just one question.
Why were you looking for this?

#6367 5 years ago

These are orange Titans fitted last week. Trough lights are great, worth the $. I also did the back box surrounding the screen and also colour changing leds top inside translite.
I have also posted for you on AFM.

0C0FE50A-3D1B-4BEE-8409-65272CB511ED (resized).jpeg0C0FE50A-3D1B-4BEE-8409-65272CB511ED (resized).jpeg3956200F-6B7A-4957-A25D-0F4F00CC8FE3 (resized).jpeg3956200F-6B7A-4957-A25D-0F4F00CC8FE3 (resized).jpeg
#6368 5 years ago

What’s your highest bonus? I just got a couple of 100,000+ bonuses in a row. That never happened for me on the old code.

#6369 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Nice one.
Just one question.
Why were you looking for this?

One is hidden on every game Pat Lawlor has done.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-for-fun-where-is-the-red-button-on-pat-lawlor-games

#6370 5 years ago

Sanity check: So, if my right ramp shot has enough speed, sometimes its turning into a right orbit shot. I'm not positive on what happens, but perhaps the ball is getting slightly airborne and then hitting and going over the left orbit "wall" and then down the left orbit? Or do I need to adjust something like the metal flap in front of the right ramp or something?

#6371 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Sanity check: So, if my right ramp shot has enough speed, sometimes its turning into a right orbit shot. I'm not positive on what happens, but perhaps the ball is getting slightly airborne and then hitting and going over the left orbit "wall" and then down the left orbit? Or do I need to adjust something like the metal flap in front of the right ramp or something?

Theres no flap to adjust, it just happens sometimes. The rejects when it rises then gets tossed back down the right side are worse than the full jumps. I think the issue is the ramp top is pretty much at exact ball center. it they made it even 1/8" higher it would have stopped the issue. but its not a game breaker.

#6373 5 years ago

Hit chaos mb mode last night and it's unbelievable in the new code. Love the call outs, the music, the light show - it felt 1000 times better. Love this game.

#6374 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hit chaos mb mode last night and it's unbelievable in the new code. Love the call outs, the music, the light show - it felt 1000 times better. Love this game.

I played for a couple hours yesterday.

The best part about the new code, in my opinion, is the new mix of disaster modes available from the start of the game. I like getting to play the modes that were previously deeper in the disaster progression.

Theater multi ball and animations are cool too!

It's an incredible game.

#6375 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Theres no flap to adjust, it just happens sometimes. The rejects when it rises then gets tossed back down the right side are worse than the full jumps. I think the issue is the ramp top is pretty much at exact ball center. it they made it even 1/8" higher it would have stopped the issue. but its not a game breaker.

Add to that the switch at the top of the ramp ( a few inches down the wireform ) being too close to the peak of the ramp and you then have a switch that can be missed by a fast ball ( if you are lucky enough to get a fast ball not to reject ). Pretty poor design.

#6376 5 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

I made some nice target decal for my DI.
Wanna share with other DI lovers.
High quality vinyl with an laminated extra layer.
And i'll put 2 of each in the package for a backup.
28,- $ inclusive shipping via envelope from germany.
Interesting? Message me.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got mine and pretty easy install with perfect fit. Looks good!
20181127_223319.jpg20181127_223319.jpg

#6377 5 years ago

Super beyond f'ing thrilled and excited to be finally joining the club very shortly

The game I'm acquiring is bareback but comes with a set of uninstalled protectors. Don't mind the work to slap 'em in but concerned about rejected shots. Is the general consensus to install or leave as-is in a home environment?

#6378 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Super beyond f'ing thrilled and excited to be finally joining the club very shortly
The game I'm acquiring is bareback but comes with a set of uninstalled protectors. Don't mind the work to slap 'em in but concerned about rejected shots. Is the general consensus to install or leave as-is in a home environment?

Definitely install the cliffys. You will risk chipping if you don't. If you get genuine cliffys, you won't have reject problems.

#6379 5 years ago

I’ve never played one without Cliffy’s but have seen some unpleasant pictures of scoops chipping without them. Welcome to the club and you picked a good time to join because this game with the brand new code is incredible.

#6380 5 years ago

Put the cliffy on the SIM hole since there is no option but use a Mantis protector on the phone. I switched the other day and it’s a different game. On my machine the cliffy caused rejects half the time and sucked the fun out of the game. Cliff makes great products and I’m a loyal customer but for some reason the phone scoop is a PITA. It takes some effort to install the Mantis protector since the main wiring harness is in the way but is worth it. You hear a satisfying clunk when hitting the shot vs. yourself cursing.

#6381 5 years ago

I just finished my best game on DI, collecting five SIM cards, and coming up just short of 3,000,000 points. My wife could care less, so I thought I would share my victory with you guys.

I haven't downloaded the new code yet, but I will by this weekend. Can't wait.

DI is such a fantastic game.

20181127_192713 (resized).jpg20181127_192713 (resized).jpg
#6382 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Some buddy suggested replacing the ramp flap. The ramp flap might be a little too thick causing the ball to go airborne. I was thinking about maybe installing a longer ramp flap so if the ball would go a little airborn from a fast shot the ball will be settled down before it makes that sharp turn were it rejects occasionally.

#6383 5 years ago

What was the comic like that was supposed to come with the LE’s? Is it the same as the slide show that you can get to in the attract screens?

#6384 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Some buddy suggested replacing the ramp flap. The ramp flap might be a little too thick causing the ball to go airborne. I was thinking about maybe installing a longer ramp flap so if the ball would go a little airborn from a fast shot the ball will be settled down before it makes that sharp turn were it rejects occasionally.

Some of us have just put a small piece of sticky felt right before the curve at ball height. It slows down the ball slightly and completely solved the problem for me, eliminating rejected shots as well. There’s a photo of where to place it somewhere in this thread.

#6385 5 years ago

Awesome! Did you grab that CE? Great price for that

#6386 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Awesome! Did you grab that CE? Great price for that

Seller got in touch, but I had already started working out a deal with somebody local. Definitely an awesome price! Guess I’ll have to suffer with the rest of the unwashed masses and deal with the great shame of only having an LE.

#6387 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

What was the comic like that was supposed to come with the LE’s? Is it the same as the slide show that you can get to in the attract screens?

Pretty much - I think there are a couple additional sketches not seen in the game, but the comic has sort of a partly-finished look to it (because you continue the story in the game, I guess), and not all of the images are seen in the game.

#6388 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pretty much - I think there are a couple additional sketches not seen in the game, but the comic has sort of a partly-finished look to it (because you continue the story in the game, I guess), and not all of the images are seen in the game.

Aside from the covers (outer and inner), the entire comic is shown in attract mode.

And, yes, you continue the story by playing the game.
--Ted

DI_press_start (resized).jpgDI_press_start (resized).jpg

#6389 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Some of us have just put a small piece of sticky felt right before the curve at ball height. It slows down the ball slightly and completely solved the problem for me, eliminating rejected shots as well. There’s a photo of where to place it somewhere in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/26#post-4048873

For those like me that don't want to go searching.
Thanks for sharing this Nokoro and originally cooked71 . The rejects are driving me crazy and it is great to have this easy fix.

#6390 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/26#post-4048873
Thanks for sharing this Nokoro and originally Cooked71 . The rejects are driving me crazy and it is great to have this easy fix.

Thank you! 128 pages is a lot to go through. Will definitely get this installed asap. I was also getting rejects sometimes on right ramp, I believe from the ball hitting the corner of the left loop opening (corner closest to flippers) and coming back down so this should solve both problems.

#6391 5 years ago

Why not adjust flipper strength? A weaker left flipper means less phone rejects, less ball jump and general wear and tear. My left flipper is adjusted so that it easily makes the right ramp with a straight on shot but no more than that. My pf angle is cranked up as well. No rejects etc. and no sticky stuff.

#6392 5 years ago

Left flipper must be strong enough to backhand the left ramp. I need that shot so often when that dang electric guy is blocking the ramp from the right.

#6393 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Thanks for sharing this Nokoro and originally Cooked71 . The rejects are driving me crazy and it is great to have this easy fix.

Haha that’s funny because I looked at that felt the other day and was wondering what it was for. I’d guessed it was something like slowing the ball down but wasn’t sure.

I have cooked71’s old machine!

#6394 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

It's even a key post! This is a pretty well indexed thread. I wish others were like this one.

#6395 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Left flipper must be strong enough to backhand the left ramp. I need that shot so often when that dang electric guy is blocking the ramp from the right.

I can backhand that ramp with my flipper turned down.

#6396 5 years ago

Joined the club, bought a DILE, will be delivered end of next week. really curious if cliffy's are installed or not.

#6397 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Joined the club, bought a DILE, will be delivered end of next week. really curious if cliffy's are installed or not.

Was it nib? If so than cliffys will b on it . Also most used ones have been fitted with cliffys by now also

#6398 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Was it nib? If so than cliffys will b on it . Also most used ones have been fitted with cliffys by now also

yes it's NIB

#6399 5 years ago

It sld have cliffys

#6400 5 years ago

Has anyone had speaker issues with this game? I'm getting some distortion, usually at volume levels higher than 22. It's most noticeable on the organ parts of songs.

It seems like it's coming from the left speaker. I put it in speaker test, everything is fine, except when I get to "high". Most noticeably, the left high is louder than the right. It also seems like there's some distortion there, but hard to tell in that test alone.

I swapped the speaker input wires and it's isolated to the those speakers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/128?hl=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.