IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 273.
#6301 5 years ago

ground and power wires swapped?

#6302 5 years ago

Stuck ball picture of the day. Of course, this happened during a great million plus point game. And, I had to waste my two Tilt warnings to free it. Luckily, I did free it and was able to finish the game, but it threw me off, and I drained soon after.

IMG_0296 (resized).JPGIMG_0296 (resized).JPG

#6303 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

ground and power wires swapped?

Two of the same (non ground) coloured wires.

Manual says violet/grey and violet/blue

6500932D-8180-4783-AF06-A92493E2A81B (resized).jpeg6500932D-8180-4783-AF06-A92493E2A81B (resized).jpeg

Physicially they were both violet/grey and didn’t wire up to the correct socket on the molex connector (human error).

#6304 5 years ago

Got the new v1.57! I find the new Bob's animation at the start looks really creepy though. Love the new version otherwise.

#6305 5 years ago

If my DI is showing I have version 1.13,how do I upgrade to 1.57?
Do I need to download to 1.50 first? Thank You

#6306 5 years ago

exactly. Start with a full install of 1.50 and afterwards install the delta update for 1.57

#6307 5 years ago

Yes. 1.50 full install first, then 1.57 delta on top.

#6309 5 years ago

My phone developed a redish/pink tint about 5 weeks ago. I played through it and it went away on its own somehow. I noticed that after it went away, the screens' image was a good 5 pixels lower on the phone. But hey, at least the full color was back and I could still see everything, so I was fine with it.

Fast forward to 2 days ago. I was cleaning the playfield and moved around the phone to get some hard-to-reach areas, so I know I jostled it a bit. Turned the machine back on and the redish/pink tint came back, and the screen is 5 pixels up back into its old position again! NOOOOO!

I unplugged the phone from its holster and plugged it back on... no change. Jostled all the wires, turned it off and on... no change.

Weird, right? I started to just played through it again but I'm bummed that it's back.

#6310 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

My phone developed a redish/pink tint about 5 weeks ago. I played through it and it went away on its own somehow. I noticed that after it went away, the screens' image was a good 5 pixels lower on the phone. But hey, at least the full color was back and I could still see everything, so I was fine with it.
Fast forward to 2 days ago. I was cleaning the playfield and moved around the phone to get some hard-to-reach areas, so I know I jostled it a bit. Turned the machine back on and the redish/pink tint came back, and the screen is 5 pixels up back into its old position again! NOOOOO!
I unplugged the phone from its holster and plugged it back on... no change. Jostled all the wires, turned it off and on... no change.
Weird, right? I started to just played through it again but I'm bummed that it's back.

I had a similar issue with both the red tint. JJP replaced, then I had an offset on the new phone. JJP replaced again. It's fixed (for now).

#6311 5 years ago

Quick question fellas - I’ve had a few balls flung sdtm from the theatre instead of up and around since 1.57, so I thought I’d go in and adjust the theatre magnet strength but can’t find it anywhere... did the setting change to magnet catch behavior and no more numbers? I ran through everything 2x, but am kinda hungover and on my 3rd coffee and Baileys
Thanks and happy Thanksgiving!

81C032BC-B6EF-4BC7-9D42-6271DA2EAD1C (resized).jpeg81C032BC-B6EF-4BC7-9D42-6271DA2EAD1C (resized).jpeg
#6312 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Quick question fellas - I’ve had a few balls flung sdtm from the theatre instead of up and around since 1.57, so I thought I’d go in and adjust the theatre magnet strength but can’t find it anywhere... did the setting change to magnet catch behavior and no more numbers? I ran through everything 2x, but am kinda hungover and on my 3rd coffee and Baileys
Thanks and happy Thanksgiving!
[quoted image]

I believe the magnet strength is in the test menu for some reason

#6313 5 years ago

Tests - device tests - theater magnet

#6314 5 years ago

Thanks guys

#6315 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I’ve had a few balls flung sdtm from the theatre instead of up and around since 1.57

I’ve never had mine throw the ball up and around.... what setting do you guy have the magnet at?

#6316 5 years ago

-80 to -90 but your mileage may vary.

#6317 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Have you upgraded to the new code? Reason I say this is I had the issues with the Pink wash out for a long time (second phone) I got to the point that I put a switch in line with the power to it so I could reset it without rebooting which always fixes it. NOW with the new code the pink wash out has never happened again, I always thought it was some sort of initialization sequence problem on boot, possibly fixed in this code .?.

#6318 5 years ago

Awesome update. Looking forward to see what will be in 1.58...

#6319 5 years ago

I think there is a bug in Software 1.57: If you Start CIQC with Sim cards lit and trap door open, you can collect the Sim cards with a Bob shot. Can someone confirm?

Great Pin and great Software anyway

#6320 5 years ago

So I think I found the problem - one of the wires has come loose on the ribbon cable. How do I fix it?

Quoted from dluth:

My Theater screen has a blue tinge (see pics). I just updated to the beta code but not sure if it happened after this or not, i just noticed it for the first time after updating. Any thoughts on what could be up?[quoted image][quoted image]

47E2DEC4-3B7A-428F-B9BD-E0345FABCB33 (resized).jpeg47E2DEC4-3B7A-428F-B9BD-E0345FABCB33 (resized).jpeg
#6321 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

How do I fix it?

New cable. I don't think you can fix it.

Temporary, jam it in there and shove a wood tooth pick or something in after to hold it.

LTG : )

#6322 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

New cable. I don't think you can fix it.
Temporary, jam it in there and shove a wood tooth pick or something in after to hold it.

Thanks LTG - would JJP have these or are they a generic cable I could pick up somewhere else online?

#6324 5 years ago

Anyone ever see this on their phone? I had to reset to get rid of it.

IMG_20181122_190118 (resized).jpgIMG_20181122_190118 (resized).jpg

#6325 5 years ago

I just updated to 1.57. Some things seem easier. For instance, it seems to take less hits to start the Quantum Theater modes. Is that right? This probably makes sense as to make it easier to get to QTMB. Also, I now noticed a grace period after a mode ends. One of my modes ended and then I hit big bang a second later and got a completion award. This never happened before, so I believe it is new. Has anyone else noticed that?

#6326 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I just updated to 1.57. Some things seem easier. For instance, it seems to take less hits to start the Quantum Theater modes. Is that right? This probably makes sense as to make it easier to get to QTMB. Also, I now noticed a grace period after a mode ends. One of my modes ended and then I hit big bang a second later and got a completion award. This never happened before, so I believe it is new. Has anyone else noticed that?

Grace period has always been there. Theatre modes are easier.

#6327 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Grace period has always been there. Theatre modes are easier.

Thanks. Never realized that about grace periods before. It always seemed like when the timer ran out, I was cut off immediately.

#6328 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks. Never realized that about grace periods before. It always seemed like when the timer ran out, I was cut off immediately.

It runs until you hear/see the end of mode scoring, which is a few seconds after the timer is done. It adds some intense pressure when you're used to it.

#6329 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

I'm wondering if I can use this one?

Looks like the same thing. I'd try it. Same number of pins.

#6330 5 years ago

I'm loving the new code!

When I first heard about QTMB, I thought that's nice, but I'll probably rarely see it. But the way they changed things around and made qualifying the QT modes easier definitely makes it doable. I've been concentrating on reaching it and have already qualified it once (but then drained) and gotten 3/4 of the way there a second time. And, all that was just in a half dozen games. So, I'm sure I'll reach it soon.

I do think the opening Bob animation is creepy, though. I prefered him when his lips didn't move.

#6331 5 years ago

Got qtmb for the first time last night. Started normal mb while it was running and then started a bob mode. Flasher Madness! I loved it!

#6332 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Got qtmb for the first time last night. Started normal mb while it was running and then started a bob mode. Flasher Madness! I loved it!

I've done the same stack. DEADLY!

#6333 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I did that too. I got about 800k!

#6334 5 years ago

My update bricked my game. Must have done something wrong, maybe not have unzipped or something but now it's stuck.

I attempted to update my DI to the 1.57 software and followed the instructions but got frozen and now it won't allow me to get back to the menu and can't seem to load anything.

D39F295E-FF45-4BC1-91BE-151A1FDB719E (resized).jpegD39F295E-FF45-4BC1-91BE-151A1FDB719E (resized).jpeg

#6335 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My update bricked my game. Must have done something wrong, maybe not have unzipped or something but now it's stuck.
I attempted to update my DI to the 1.57 software and followed the instructions but got frozen and now it won't allow me to get back to the menu and can't seem to load anything.
[quoted image]

I would download the full game install and reset back to 1.50.

http://159.203.76.48/general/install-full/

#6336 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I would download the full game install and reset back to 1.50.
http://159.203.76.48/general/install-full/

Will it pick up from the USB stick because it's not getting to the menu at all.

#6337 5 years ago

Yes do a full install - full installs start from power off, then the first thing the game looks for on power up is the usb stick.

#6338 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Yes do a full install - full installs start from power off, then the first thing the game looks for on power up is the usb stick.

Instructions are on the JJP website to do a full install. Follow them carefully.

#6339 5 years ago

I just got to QTMB for the first time. I'm really digging it, but I need to know the rules more. I have to go look for the video explaining them. Can anyone briefly describe what the jackpots are? I need to try to stack it because my performance was kind of lackluster. I still had a 700,000+ point game just going for the multiball and not really concentrating on the modes that much, so that's cool.

The new code is really intense. Everything feels like a hurry up, and I've been swearing at my machine more than ever. The code really takes things to a new level. Well done, JJP crew!

#6340 5 years ago

I can't understand the instructions to download the file onto my USB drive, I got a new USB 16G and can't figure out how to extract the file to the drive. I read followed the instruction above but it makes no sense whatsoever.

I am going to attempt to try on my MAC.

anyone have a better set of instructions?

Why does it have to be so difficult to download??

#6341 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I can't understand the instructions to download the file onto my USB drive, I got a new USB 16G and can't figure out how to extract the file to the drive. I read followed the instruction above but it makes no sense whatsoever.
I am going to attempt to try on my MAC.
anyone have a better set of instructions?
Why does it have to be so difficult to download??

If i can figure out how to do it than i know u can bud, as im the least capable computer person ever lol.

#6342 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If i can figure out how to do it than i know u can bud, as im the least capable computer person ever lol.

think got it for the MAC. It's very confusion with having to download additional programs to extract the code etc.

#6343 5 years ago

All is well. I am up to 1.57 but sorry had to lose all my audits. I had not thought that it I would get hung up and need to do a full install or I would have looked at my audits to see how many games I've played on it.

#6344 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

All is well. I am up to 1.57 but sorry had to lose all my audits. I had not thought that it I would get hung up and need to do a full install or I would have looked at my audits to see how many games I've played on it.

Always backup your settings before ANY install. That way if anything goes wrong, you can restore them. Too late for this update but good advice for the future.

#6345 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Always backup your settings before ANY install. That way if anything goes wrong, you can restore them. Too late for this update but good advice for the future.

thanks, I don't know how to restore the setting even if I had them.

#6346 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't know how to restore the setting even if I had them.

Formatted memory stick. Game turned on. Plug memory stick into USB cable by the cash box. Enter diagnostics. Go to Utilities - Settings Back UP. Go in there. To back up, or restore. Do what the game tells you to do. Remove memory stick when done.

#6347 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't know how to restore the setting even if I had them.

Page B-50 and page B-51 in the manual.

You can download the latest version from jerseyjackpinball.com in the Support section.

#6348 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page B-50 and page B-51 in the manual.
You can download the latest version from jerseyjackpinball.com in the Support section.

thanks as always.

this update is nice, game just keeps getting better and better.

#6349 5 years ago

New DI owner! Family loves it!

One thing I've noticed...is that the QED guy movement and especially the mechanic's arm are both squeaky. I've searched but "squeaky" didn't show up. I know I'm supposed to keep oil away from the machine but what else can I do to help alleviate some of the noise?

#6350 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I know I'm supposed to keep oil away from the machine

Metal to metal joints, a tiny bit is okay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/127?hl=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.