Topic Stats

• 9,378 posts
  • 507 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,124 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190818_112830 (resized).jpg
20190818_112853 (resized).jpg
5CC58065-A49F-4026-88D4-6BCA684A9937 (resized).jpeg
DITrap (resized).JPG
97E55CF6-7B4D-48F8-A538-ED978827C7DA (resized).jpeg
91A790A6-A8F0-4357-A429-8A34B2B071B1 (resized).jpeg
2FA68F6F-FF94-4B2D-A3DE-3996F2A6E843 (resized).jpeg
Rubber (resized).jpg
Cliffy2 (resized).jpg
Cliffy1 (resized).jpg
Cliffy3 (resized).jpg
20191003_181551 (resized).jpg
ScreenJJP (resized).jpg
showdown (resized).jpg
25389D20-1022-4992-9032-DC58F7E0D621 (resized).jpeg
E0A0B586-7AF4-483C-9C4B-D556087D9FF7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9378 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 188.
#6251 11 months ago
Quoted from Cobray:

so how do I remove the speaker panel? Is it just the 2 security screws on each side of the JJP plaque?

Yes. Careful of the speaker wire.

LTG : )

#6252 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Trim the 5 or 6 wood supports right behind the top area of the backglass.

See the finger in the picture. The indent the finger is pointing to. I trimmed that area up and back more. On every chunk of wood back there, across the top.

DIBackbox (resized).JPG
#6253 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Careful of the speaker wire.

Great! Thank you sir!

#6254 11 months ago

Has anyone installed a playfield protector themselves ? How much work is it ? Special things to keep an eye on ? How does it go with cliffys ? Do they remain installed and the protector over it or do you need to remove them and over the protector?

#6255 11 months ago

Don’t install the play field protector the ball will get trapped behind the upper right flipper and in the QED guy path. Very annoying, and ball search can only fix one of them. I think it’s no coincidence that there is no pf protector for pirates.

#6256 11 months ago

If someone would share the new code with me, I would appreciate it. Thanks

#6257 11 months ago

Played new code last night. Love it.

#6258 11 months ago

I made some nice target decal for my DI.
Wanna share with other DI lovers.

High quality vinyl with an laminated extra layer.
And i'll put 2 of each in the package for a backup.

28,- $ inclusive shipping via envelope from germany.

Interesting? Message me.

decals1 (resized).jpgdecals2 (resized).jpgdecals3 (resized).jpgdecals4 (resized).jpg

di-decals (resized).jpgdi-decals-sample (resized).jpg
#6259 11 months ago

Has anyone repositioned their BOB sign? Can you share what you did?

#6260 11 months ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Has anyone installed a playfield protector themselves ? How much work is it ? Special things to keep an eye on ? How does it go with cliffys ? Do they remain installed and the protector over it or do you need to remove them and over the protector?

I have. Removing ramps is most of it. Took maybe 80 minutes. Easy operation. You can fix the upper flipper ball hangups with a piece of weather strip foam. Never had the other ball hang up. My game is on location and in tournaments, including a major PAPA circuit tourney. No problems. Recommend it for operators. Home use seems unnecessary. Cliffys fo under the protector. Happy accidental fix: We keep breaking trap door ramp flaps but the pf protector is the same width as the door that lays above the pf so without the flap the ball still sails right over the door gap, it’s seemless. Still replacing it though.

#6261 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Has anyone repositioned their BOB sign? Can you share what you did?

I purchased a kit from mezelmods. For only $26 they give you all the parts you need to reposition the signs and illuminate them. Two sided sticky tape is used to hold them down.

EDIT: You gotta have a power adaptor or a splitter to make it work. That's also available on their website.

#6262 11 months ago

I haven’t read the thread, but the BOB sign is definitely in a wonky position for the player.
Did it somehow not pass a test at factory?

#6263 11 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

I purchased a kit from mezelmods. For only $26 they give you all the parts you need to reposition the signs and illuminate them. Two sided sticky tape is used to hold them down.
EDIT: You gotta have a power adaptor or a splitter to make it work. That's also available on their website.

Yep, this. The Mezel kit is good.

#6264 11 months ago
Quoted from msj2222:

If someone would share the new code with me, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Ditto.

Thanks!!!

#6265 11 months ago

I'll post up pics of my DIY sign tomorrow. It's much better than factory. You can actually see it. Next best thing is the Mezelmods upgrade, but $$$.

#6266 11 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

I haven’t read the thread, but the BOB sign is definitely in a wonky position for the player.
Did it somehow not pass a test at factory?

I believe it was positioned in that way to avoid balls getting lodged behind it.

#6267 11 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'll post up pics of my DIY sign tomorrow. It's much better than factory. You can actually see it. Next best thing is the Mezelmods upgrade, but $$$.

I was thinking it would be something as simple as an L-bracket to push the sign out further that would cost $.50. Looking forward to seeing your solution.

#6268 11 months ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I believe it was positioned in that way to avoid balls getting lodged behind it.

Interesting. I have some leftover polycarbonate sheet. If I push the rear of the sign out to angle it towards the player more, I can cut out a small barrier for possible ball traps. Thanks for the info!

#6269 11 months ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Great! Thank you sir!

I had the same issue with my DILE when I got it.
I did what LTG suggested which is also what JJP told me I had to do.
I notched off about 1/4" of the wood on all 6 spots on the speaker box.
Then I used some black latex paint to make it look nice.
You will also need a new modified cam lock from JJP. If you contact them, they will send you one.

CuJo

#6270 11 months ago

I angled the brackets as much as I could to face the player and used a small piece of double sided tape to secure the end that is swung out. Obviously, this creates a ball trap if an air ball finds its way behind there, but this has never happened on my game.

The sign is much more prominent and readable now.

Some people put the smaller "BOB" plastic up by the Station 3, which looks cool. I don't know how that sign would be secured, though.

IMG_1671 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1670 (resized).jpeg

IMG_1672 (resized).jpeg

#6271 11 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I angled the brackets as much as I could to face the player and used a small piece of double sided tape to secure the end that is swung out. Obviously, this creates a ball trap if an air ball finds its way behind there, but this has never happened on my game.
Some people put the smaller "BOB" plastic up by the Station 3, which looks cool. I don't know how that sign would be secured, though.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The BOB sign situation was just not caught until it was too late to change. There is a 3D printable adjusted version of the sign available, which I have printed but not installed. It allows for a better angle, looks like. Houdini has a similar ball trap situation behind the Ouiji planchette, and it is solveable by zip tieing the wires together in a different spot. May work here as well.

#6272 11 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Was the sign screwed in or riveted in?

#6273 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Was the sign screwed in or riveted in?

I don't recall. Pretty sure they are plastic rivets, though. Those are pretty easy to remove.

If you do need to re-secure, 4-40 or 6-32 hardware will work.

#6274 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The BOB sign situation was just not caught until it was too late to change. There is a 3D printable adjusted version of the sign available, which I have printed but not installed. It allows for a better angle, looks like. Houdini has a similar ball trap situation behind the Ouiji planchette, and it is solveable by zip tieing the wires together in a different spot. May work here as well.

where is this available?

#6276 11 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I don't recall. Pretty sure they are plastic rivets, though. Those are pretty easy to remove.

What is 4-40 / 6-32 hardware?

#6277 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

What is 4-40 / 6-32 hardware?

Thread size for machine screws or nuts.

#6278 11 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Common machine screw sizes.

#6279 11 months ago

Quick question. I am trying to update the code, but the usb is female to female. Am I missing something here?

#6280 11 months ago
Quoted from dmerc003:

but the usb is female to female. Am I missing something here?

Look the same, except when you look inside, one side is empty and the other side is full. Rotate them so they plug into each other full part into empty part and empty part into full part.

Or if it won't plug in one way, turn 180 degrees and try again. Should slip right in.

#6281 11 months ago

Correct one if I am wrong, but this is a male plug. It is the same size as my usb.

15426710002901950494045747591141 (resized).jpg
#6282 11 months ago
Quoted from dmerc003:

Correct one if I am wrong, but this is a male plug. It is the same size as my usb.

Weird. Is something already plugged into it ?

#6283 11 months ago

I just figured it out. The bluetooth dongle was broken and the male end was stuck in there. Crisis averted.

#6284 11 months ago
Quoted from dmerc003:

If all else fails. Go into the back box and unplug that USB cable from where it plugs in, and then plug your USB stick into that spot. Then do the delta update, when done unplug it. Turn game off, wait 20 seconds turn game back on. Done.

#6285 11 months ago

Looks like the Delta Upgrade to 1.57 is now up on the Jersey Jack website.
https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

#6286 11 months ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

Was uploaded yesterday on the JJ website. Very pleased with the update, lots of improvements. Also noticed that the overall sound has been improved.

#6287 11 months ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Is there any difference from the new Delta release vs the 1.57 that was listed on JJP forums for beta testing?

#6288 11 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is there any difference from the new Delta release vs the 1.57 that was listed on JJP forums for beta testing?

They are the same.

Sounds like there will be another update next week to address some minor bugs.

#6289 11 months ago

Quick stupid question: Once I download the update and extract it, do I need to delete/remove all other files on the disk or not? The drive I'm using has my backup files for work.

#6290 11 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

Quick stupid question: Once I download the update and extract it, do I need to delete/remove all other files on the disk or not? The drive I'm using has my backup files for work.

I didn’t have to. I had the BM66 1.0 update on the same thumb druve and it worked fine.

#6291 11 months ago

Was the magnet behavior adjustment removed in the new code? I can’t seem to find it.

#6292 11 months ago
Quoted from rs812:

I can’t seem to find it.

Tests - Devices - Theater Magnet, + or - in there.

#6293 11 months ago

Thanks Lloyd! Did there used to be one for the playfield magnets, too?

#6294 11 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Sounds like there will be another update next week to address some minor bugs.

Is that confirmed? As much as I want to install the code, if we are just a week away from another update, I may wait.

#6295 11 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Is that confirmed? As much as I want to install the code, if we are just a week away from another update, I may wait.

I'd install it now, for almost everything I read in Teds replies about addressing some things is not at this time. So who knows how long before one gets released again and it's pretty awesome at 1.57 right now.

#6296 11 months ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I'd install it now, for almost everything I read in Teds replies about addressing some things is not at this time. So who knows how long before one gets released again and it's pretty awesome at 1.57 right now.

Ok . . . . you convinced me.

#6297 11 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ok . . . . you convinced me.

Ted is dealing with Hobbit, DI, and the newest 2 games... I’d update now and be happy

#6298 11 months ago

I can’t wait to do the update as well.
Sounds like there may be a few final bugs to work out and it will get updated again soon.
The pin is such a blast.

#6299 11 months ago

I love the improvements which came with 1.57, thanks a lot
This completes the pin and makes it to become a master piece, great job done at JJP!

Because the pin has so many shots and possibilities (including the toys and the theme!) many ideas comming up to my mind:

- If you complete all skillshots (or super skillshots ?) during a game the shot in the cellphone light
the new multiball GTiQC 'Golf Tournament in Quantum City' with a meet again of Bud and Buzz (including funny animation).
During the multiball (2 balls) you have to play a golf tournament at the Quantum City golf course.
The holes on the golf course are randomly lit main shots (ramps, left loop) (jackpot).
A par 3 hole need 3 shots, par 4 hole 4 shots and par 5 hole 5 shots, the holes are selected randomly.
The last shot, the putt on the green, is a shot (super jackpot) going under the playfield, like cellphone, Bob's trapdoor.
Sim Card shot is a 'hole in one' which scores ultra ackpot and ends the hole immediately.
Each completed hole reactivates the kickback, a kickback shot shows an animation where Bud or Buzz kickout a golf ball from a hole.
If you finish the tournament (3 holes?) you will get a trophy at the Quantum theatre to pick up and end the multiball.

- If you played all Bob multiballs and cracy modes, you can start with a shot in the phone the extra mode CBSO 'Crazy Bob's Sell Out'
Each shot at a Bob Target activates a bargain (jackpot) in the Quatum theatre, which you can then pick up.
The bargains are souvenirs from Road Show or Toys from Pat Lawlor Pins. Each bumper contact changes the randomly chosen bargain in the theatre.
After three bargains, the middle ramp lights a super bargain. The mode ends after a given time, time can be added by shooting the cellphone.

- If you played all multiballs like CiQC, QT, GTiQC then you will get a new wizard multiball (3 balls) 'Quantum City Pinball Tournament' by shooting the Quantum theatre .
In the tournament you have to play Pat Lawlor pins (for example, the 7 Williams classic pins), they are shown on the screen and you have to make one of the main shots per pin, ramp, loop, theatre.
However, the shot (jackpot) is illuminated only for a short time and changes randomly.
If there is a ball in the bumpers, the shot will remain at the current position during this time.
After one pin finished you have to start the next one in the theatre, before the variable shot is lit again.
The last shot is again an animated target (Pinball Wizard) in the Quantum theatre.

I know to add a new mode or multiball is a huge effort, with all the animations, light effects, call outs and music/sounds.
But let me just dream a little bit...
best regards
Stefan

#6300 10 months ago
Quoted from koops:

Question regarding the front door volume control.
I’ve noticed that you can toggle it’s usage in the menu between a couple of settings.
Is it expected behaviour that you can only turn it down and not up? Do I have a faulty switch?
It would be nice if it could be used to go up to the only the maximum of what was set via the coin door controls.
This would stop someone from making it super loud yet still allow usage up and down.

So I figured out my external volume control issue. I logged a ticket but solved it myself before they responded.

It appears that it was wired incorrectly (and I can see why).

Let’s see if anyone else can figure it out

63053CBD-B634-4EF4-B6C7-1136F72913ED (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
$ 8,000.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9378 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 188.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside