IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 273.
#6201 5 years ago

That 10” Polk was on sale for $89 a few weeks ago I believe.... I’m gonna grab one and try it out the next time the price drops.

#6202 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

That 10” Polk was on sale for $89 a few weeks ago I believe.... I’m gonna grab one and try it out the next time the price drops.

It's gotten as cheap as $69.99 and with Black Friday around the corner, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes on sale. Ebay also has 10%-20% off coupon codes that go out every once in a while, that could be used towards a sub. Lots of ways to get it <$99

#6203 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

A 10 inch Polk is more than sufficient
amazon.com link »
I also agree that a sub for every modern pin is almost requirement at this point, especially at that $99 price point. Completely worth it for DI as well. The bass drop when you complete one of the goals for QTMB is pretty awesome, and is a good audio indicator that you've completed something.

Big Bang is extra awesome with an external sub too. Thiel does it again!

#6204 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Big Bang is extra awesome with an external sub too. Thiel does it again!

Completely agree! With the white and blue lights in a dark room, can't be beat!

#6205 5 years ago

DI is the only pin of ten in my dungeon without a sub. Soundtrack just doesn't need one in my opinion. News and "day in the life" music sounds just fine without. I dig the sound stock. I guess some mode music (EMP) and chaos would beneifit...

#6206 5 years ago

What are some mods that you guys put on that you'd recommend to others? The sub is a great add-on idea. Anything for the game itself?

#6207 5 years ago

When I got mine it had Powerbladez, they are awesome and almost seem factory! I need to get another sub and others have said PinStadium is great as well. I wouldn't mind doing the led back box mod as it seems dark overall.

#6208 5 years ago

The upgraded backbox lighting is a big difference!

I like my side art blades.

Other than that, this game is loaded and really doesn’t need many mods.

#6209 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

What are some mods that you guys put on that you'd recommend to others? The sub is a great add-on idea. Anything for the game itself?

The game doesn't really need any mods in my opinion -- it is so loaded already -- except for one. The stock black plastic shooter rod looks kind of cheap compared to the rest of the game. This "blackberry" one from Chrome Candy that I just installed is awesome and fits the game perfectly!

IMG_0283 (resized).JPGIMG_0283 (resized).JPGIMG_0284 (resized).JPGIMG_0284 (resized).JPG

#6210 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

The game doesn't really need any mods in my opinion -- it is so loaded already -- except for one. The stock black plastic shooter rod looks kind of cheap compared to the rest of the game. This "blackberry" one from Chrome Candy that I just installed is awesome and fits the game perfectly!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great - I just tried to find them but see no shooters in chrome candys shop...
Ahh - not in their shop on pinside but found on their website - gonna grab one - thanks

#6211 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Looks great - I just tried to find them but see no shooters in chrome candys shop...

Maybe you have the wrong website?

https://chromecandy.com/collections/all/products/pinball-shooter-rod-blackberry

#6212 5 years ago

Agreed that the shooter needs to be updated. I went with modfather on mine!

I run a sub as well - maybe not imperative but def sounds better

Ultimate add on though - pinstadiums with UV glow. Works REALLY well for this game. It's very dark in the middle.

#6213 5 years ago

Is the voice actor for the Singularity mode Bill Nye?

#6214 5 years ago

Hi all,

where does the ball go in your machine, when dropped from the theater magnet without qed fetching it?

I had the pinball levelled perfectly, but the ball went sdtm most of the time, if qed was not in the way. As it was a little bit closer to the left flipper finger, I tilted the whole machine a little bit to the left (0.1°). Now it is hitting the very tip of the left finger most of the time.

But in some posts and some videos I saw the ball dropping to the right flipper finger's tip. So what is your machine setup?

Does anybody know, how it should be? What was Pat's intention?

Thanks,
Lars

#6215 5 years ago

I believe its supposed to drop to the tip of the left flipper

#6216 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Hi all,
where does the ball go in your machine, when dropped from the theater magnet without qed fetching it?
I had the pinball levelled perfectly, but the ball went sdtm most of the time, if qed was not in the way. As it was a little bit closer to the left flipper finger, I tilted the whole machine a little bit to the left (0.1°). Now it is hitting the very tip of the left finger most of the time.
But in some posts and some videos I saw the ball dropping to the right flipper finger's tip. So what is your machine setup?
Does anybody know, how it should be? What was Pat's intention?
Thanks,
Lars

Get your game level and then raise the back right leg a few turns. Should fall to the left flipper every time.

#6217 5 years ago

Sold my game about a week ago, and definitely missing it! Maybe I'll bring another one home in the near future.

Was pretty awesome though to reach Showdown for the first time the day before it left! On the new code (beta) no less!

#6218 5 years ago

I really like the level of difficulty of DI!.

Every player can reach at least something and something new after a few games.
More experienced players reach even more, like Chaos and are awarded with a regular extra ball etc.
Really good players used to the game reach Chaos regularly and come close to Armageddon often, but still starting Armageddon does not become standard.
Showdown is a really high goal which keeps the game challenging even for really advanced players...

I did not see another pinball machine that mixes interesting challenges for all level of players. Besides the goals to reach DI! does the same with rules. Ease rules, not too much to know to have fun, no long explanation necessary for the first plays. But if you dive deeper into the ruleset, it opens a lot of new opportunities, especially with the new code.

Most other machines are either flat and easy for the advanced player or difficult to understand for the beginner...
Either being beaten after a few days or weeks or giving the impression you will never reach the final wizard mode...

What do you think about this? Which other pinball machine is so adaptive to the players skillset?

#6219 5 years ago

I am thinking of moving the right outlane post down a little and making it a little less susceptible to draining on that side... am I crazy? I'm a pretty good pinball player and I'm starting to think that I need a little help on this title after owning it for a year. Or is it time to take my "Pinball Player Man card" away for thinking that?

#6220 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

I really like the level of difficulty of DI!.
Every player can reach at least something and something new after a few games.
More experienced players reach even more, like Chaos and are awarded with a regular extra ball etc.
Really good players used to the game reach Chaos regularly and come close to Armageddon often, but still starting Armageddon does not become standard.
Showdown is a really high goal which keeps the game challenging even for really advanced players...
I did not see another pinball machine that mixes interesting challenges for all level of players. Besides the goals to reach DI! does the same with rules. Ease rules, not too much to know to have fun, no long explanation necessary for the first plays. But if you dive deeper into the ruleset, it opens a lot of new opportunities, especially with the new code.
Most other machines are either flat and easy for the advanced player or difficult to understand for the beginner...
Either being beaten after a few days or weeks or giving the impression you will never reach the final wizard mode...
What do you think about this? Which other pinball machine is so adaptive to the players skillset?

Now that you mention it, yes I agree. It's pretty awesome that a machine can be played by all different levels and each player can have different goals and objectives, and different accomplishments. I just played it with 3 other people. I was going for Chaos, another was going for Theater Multiball, another for just the modes, and the beginner was trying to get just 1 sim card. I didn't realize that until you mentioned it!

I love progression games. I love objectives and building towards something. I love how each completed mode & sim card makes all future modes worth more and more. I love progression towards theater multiball. This whole game is AMAZING!

#6221 5 years ago

In the new code you can’t earn a SIM card in the theater multiball or the chaos in quantum city multiball? I hope this changes

#6222 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

In the new code you can’t earn a SIM card in the theater multiball or the chaos in quantum city multiball? I hope this changes

I believe this is correct - Ted confirmed that this is the case. You can earn SIMs via the crazy bob’s multiballs!

#6223 5 years ago

correct, you cannot earn one, but you can collect the cards already earned. I think this makes sense:

BOB multiballs have a goal. If you reach it, you earn a SIM card as an achievement.

UA, Chaos and Theatre multiballs have no such goal. But they can be stacked and can give a lot of points as well as help earning and collecting SIM cards. Imho a fair deal.

#6224 5 years ago

Just picked up a DI this weekend. I have been playing one on location since the beginning and absolutely love this game.
#boltedtothefloor

#6225 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I am thinking of moving the right outlane post down a little and making it a little less susceptible to draining on that side... am I crazy? I'm a pretty good pinball player and I'm starting to think that I need a little help on this title after owning it for a year. Or is it time to take my "Pinball Player Man card" away for thinking that?

I'm in the casual player category and I did this to both outlanes. I still drain

I put my machines on easy and lower the outlane posts mostly because my guests have much more fun that way. It doesn't matter to me either way. Also, Dialed In is a pretty hard game anyway.

#6226 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

adjustable post thats fine. making a new hole to move a post, lame.

#6227 5 years ago

Can someone please help to explain where the sub woofer plugs into? The speakers normally use the green input.

Do I use a y connector to plug the subwoofer and speakers into the same input?

EBC7BE9B-1DAE-4DB5-A0BE-2E9F872FCB88 (resized).jpegEBC7BE9B-1DAE-4DB5-A0BE-2E9F872FCB88 (resized).jpeg
#6228 5 years ago

Yes. Use a "Y" single 3.5 mm male to double 3.5 mm female splitter from that same output. Then run a cable to your powered sub low level rca inputs. You'll need a 3.5mm to dual rca cable or adapter

#6229 5 years ago

Yes! Ted released another new beta today. 1.57 is available for testing

#6230 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Love the lighting effects, plus because I suck and drained so quickly the game gave me a participation award lol, love it.

Lot's of small tweaks and effects, really added to the game play and I swear this update made the sim-card hole larger as I'm sinking the ball in there a lot now lol.

Awesome work Ted.

#6231 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Thanks for the heads up! Downloading now.

#6232 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Can someone please help to explain where the sub woofer plugs into? The speakers normally use the green input.
Do I use a y connector to plug the subwoofer and speakers into the same input?
[quoted image]

I just used alligator clips on speaker wire, clipped it onto the cabinet sub, then ran the speaker wire to the external sub. Takes all but 10 minutes.

#6233 5 years ago

another code update..... dam it lol. I need to get invited to the Google group again.
Wonder what changed from 1.56

#6234 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

another code update..... dam it lol. I need to get invited to the Google group again.
Wonder what changed from 1.56

==============================================================================
== Version 1.57 November 15, 2018 ==
==============================================================================

- NOTE: This is a "delta" upgrade, which can be installed over V1.50 and later

=== Game Code

* Fixed phone screen going blank during bonus count
* Fixed scoring in Chaos MB to always be a multiple of 10
* Changed scoring in Quantum Theater Multiball
* Fixed lag at game start after BOB animation/speech
+ Added some more speech in a few places
* Added a few lamp effects
* Updated Operator Manual to 3.3

#6235 5 years ago

The hell with work - off to what’s truly important in life - NEW CODE!!!

#6236 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

adjustable post thats fine. making a new hole to move a post, lame.

If you are draining in the outlanes a bunch but are good at saving SDTM shots, increase the pitch of your game to reduce side to side ball movement. Floaty games drain. It’s counterintuitive.

#6237 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

If you are draining in the outlanes a bunch but are good at saving SDTM shots, increase the pitch of your game to reduce side to side ball movement. Floaty games drain. It’s counterintuitive.

Huh; I will try this out, thx!

#6238 5 years ago

Man I looove the new code. What an amazing game! Hats off to the great work of Pat, Ted and the JJP-team.

#6239 5 years ago

switched out my flipper rubbers and now have more control. Put up a new GC score last night.

#6240 5 years ago

Can anyone PM me a link? I requested access, no response. Much appreciated.

#6241 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Can anyone PM me a link? I requested access, no response. Much appreciated.

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️ Me too!

#6242 5 years ago

OK I have a real problem here.. my DI backglass will not unlock all the way and I can't get the backglass out. And come to think of it, it's been this way since I bought it (my fault for never addressing it).

Has anyone had this problem and how did you solve it?

#6243 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

OK I have a real problem here.. my DI backglass will not unlock all the way and I can't get the backglass out. And come to think of it, it's been this way since I bought it (my fault for never addressing it).

Do you still have the small foam pieces in your backbox?

#6244 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Do you still have the small foam pieces in your backbox?

If it was shipped that way, then yes. I forgot that when the pin arrived I couldn't get into the backbox and haven't had the need to get in since.

EDIT: Propped the head down and I don't see any foam inside the back box. I can't see the issue why the lock won't turn either.

#6245 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

If it was shipped that way, then yes. I forgot that when the pin arrived I couldn't get into the backbox and haven't had the need to get in since.
EDIT: Propped the head down and I don't see any foam inside the back box. I can't see the issue why the lock won't turn either.

Losing the speaker panel....

#6246 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Assuming you are using the backbox key.

Remove the speaker panel. Trim the 5 or 6 wood supports right behind the top area of the backglass. There is a notch at the bottom of each needs to go in deeper.

End of problem.

LTG : )

#6247 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Remove the speaker panel. Trim the 5 or 6 wood supports right behind the top area of the backglass. There is a notch at the bottom of each needs to go in deeper.
End of problem.

I have found that pushing up on the top lip of the backbox while turning the key works in most cases to get it unlocked and the glass out.

After that, one can do the trimming as suggested, or just live with having to push up the lip each time.
--Ted

#6248 5 years ago

I 've enjoyed DI more than any other pin I've owned since getting into the hobby in 2001. Had mine for almost a year as the only game in the collection. But the time has come for me to sell it so I can buy other games.

New update looks great. Thanks to everyone at JJP for creating such a cool machine.

-Ned

#6249 5 years ago

New code is awesome! Lighting is tweaked just enough, new Eric quotes, Quantum Theater Multi-ball, modes stacked with multi-ball. Played Earthquake and Tidal Wave in beginning of a game. New Grand Champion score without a Sim-Card! The game is a rush and feels rewarding for playing even without making a Sim. Way to go Ted and team!

#6250 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

End of problem.

Hmmm, so how do I remove the speaker panel? Is it just the 2 security screws on each side of the JJP plaque?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/125?hl=pb_lawww and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.