IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 273.
#6101 5 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

Anyone have a real release date yet for the 1.56 code?

Ted posted if there were no serious issues or bugs found, a code release should be within a weeks time.

Still say the camera is funky in lottery mode, doesn't see motion no matter how much I move and or how bright the lighting is in the room. Other then that the code has been awesome.

#6102 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Confession: I rarely try to make the skill shot, because the FULL PLUNGE on this game is so much damn fun!!!

HAHAH same here

#6103 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Ted posted if there were no serious issues or bugs found, a code release should be within a weeks time.
Still say the camera is funky in lottery mode, doesn't see motion no matter how much I move and or how bright the lighting is in the room. Other then that the code has been awesome.

I got lotto mode a few times on the beta and didn't notice any difference in how it played. Did you disable the camera in game with that new option or anything? Strange.

#6104 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I got lotto mode a few times on the beta and didn't notice any difference in how it played. Did you disable the camera in game with that new option or anything? Strange.

Not at all and even in test mode at setting 4 default it picks up motion, I took it even further and changed it to level 1 ( increased sensitivity ) and in game play in a room with normal lighting and then bright as hell that I can cut diamonds the camera still doesn't pickup my arm waiving or me jumping around like a banana etc..

#6105 5 years ago

Did you check the options in the menu for the camera?

Have a look you can change some settings and also preview what it is seeing in terms of movement and face detection.

Does anyone know “when” the high score pictures are taken? I thought it would have been when you press start after putting initials in but mine have always been when I’m looking down. Finally got gc and have the worst pic lol!

#6106 5 years ago

Sometimes, when I hit a solid shot up the left ramp, the ball jump out of the wireform when it reaches the bottom in-lane area. It usually ends up in the left outline. Flipper strength is default.

Anyone else have this issue? Resolution?

#6107 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Sometimes, when I hit a solid shot up the left ramp, the ball jump out of the wireform when it reaches the bottom in-lane area. It usually ends up in the left outline. Flipper strength is default.
Anyone else have this issue? Resolution?

Tape fixed it (and bounce backs) for me (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-right-orbitramp-ball-rejects#post-4179911).

You can also install the JJP developed plastic cage (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/42#post-4134733).

snaroff

#6108 5 years ago

I made i small wire at the end of my wireform and it helped so much and made for a very fast inlane return

#6109 5 years ago

I swear this game is alive!

After the update ...For the entire weekend I was tormented with drains upon drains and bricked shots. Could not come close to a decent score or extra ball and had a lot of trouble starting modes. It seemed like there were magnets in the outlanes. Came tantalizingly close to Theatre Multiball but that was it.

Then I watch Kevin KevInBuffalo play last night and see he has similar issues at times...but nothing like my struggles..and he gets Theatre MB twice in a game.

So I have at it again today...but try to slow it down and really focus on control and trapping whenever possible, even sacrificing multicombos to get control.
..1st game came up one Drone Short and just shy of a High Score.

First ball on 2nd game was like Golf...what keeps you coming back.
6 Modes played, first 3 completed with 3 SIMs collected, Jacques Flounder Tidal Wave completed, two UA MBs ...AAAAAND Quantum Theatre Multiball!!!!!

Put up a new GC score for my machine.
What a blast and what a workout!!!!

As others have stated this game is a Masterpiece and I swear it’s alive!

The Code Update is Great!!!

That’s it I’m outa Here!!!!

5482CA53-077B-4900-9CAC-3AF20A103F2E (resized).jpeg5482CA53-077B-4900-9CAC-3AF20A103F2E (resized).jpeg

#6110 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I made i small wire at the end of my wireform and it helped so much and made for a very fast inlane return

How did you attach it?

#6111 5 years ago

How come with this update the high scores aren’t reset but with other updates on sterns for instance they are reset?

#6112 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

How did you attach it?

Ill put a pic up shortly

#6113 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I swear this game is alive!
After the update ...For the entire weekend I was tormented with drains upon drains and bricked shots. Could not come close to a decent score or extra ball and had a lot of trouble starting modes. It seemed like there were magnets in the outlanes. Came tantalizingly close to Theatre Multiball but that was it.
Then I watch Kevin KevInBuffalo play last night and see he has similar issues at times...but nothing like my struggles..and he gets Theatre MB twice in a game.
So I have at it again today...but try to slow it down and really focus on control and trapping whenever possible, even sacrificing multicombos to get control.
..1st game came up one Drone Short and just shy of a High Score.
First ball on 2nd game was like Golf...what keeps you coming back.
6 Modes played, first 3 completed with 3 SIMs collected, Jacques Flounder Tidal Wave completed, two UA MBs ...AAAAAND Quantum Theatre Multiball!!!!!
Put up a new GC score for my machine.
What a blast and what a workout!!!!
As others have stated this game is a Masterpiece and I swear it’s alive!
The Code Update is Great!!!
That’s it I’m outa Here!!!!
[quoted image]

Right on man, great score!

#6114 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

How come with this update the high scores aren’t reset

JJP's delta updates don't do that. JJP full installs nuke everything.

I'd back up settings for either one.

LTG : )

#6115 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

How did you attach it?

Its not the best looking but u really dont notice while playing.... but it plays so much better with the wire guide on top. 20181106_232451 (resized).jpg20181106_232451 (resized).jpg

#6116 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its not the best looking but u really dont notice while playing.... but it plays so much better with the wire guide on top. [quoted image]

The mount on which you attached your wire was where I put about four or five washers to raise that wire form. I also slightly decreased the PF angle. This was just enough to slow that rapid speed towards that last bend. I had pretty bad problems with this issue, it was even hitting the stop hard enough to jump out and over everything and skip the flippers and SDTM or left drain on occasions. I may have even slightly pushed the whole wire form very slightly down in the middle to take a bit of extra speed off the descending ball.

#6117 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

The mount on which you attached your wire was where I put about four or five washers to raise that wire form. I also slightly decreased the PF angle. This was just enough to slow that rapid speed towards that last bend. I had pretty bad problems with this issue, it was even hitting the stop hard enough to jump out and over everything and skip the flippers and SDTM or left drain on occasions. I may have even slightly pushed the whole wire form very slightly down in the middle to take a bit of extra speed off the descending ball.

I tried everything and it wld help for a few games then start bouncing back and sometimes out over the flippers.... so i made the wire thing and it is so much better and is super fast getting back to my flipper now. It made my game so much better and its not really to noticeable. I cld spend some more time refining it but it does its job which is all i wanted lol.

#6118 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I tried everything and it wld help for a few games then start bouncing back and sometimes out over the flippers.... so i made the wire thing and it is so much better and is super fast getting back to my flipper now. It made my game so much better and its not really to noticeable. I cld spend some more time refining it but it does its job which is all i wanted lol.

Almost looks stock. Nice Job.

#6119 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I used small pieces of window insulation material to stop the ball from bouncing out. I also had to enlarge the bottom of the ramp, as the ball was getting stuck in the ramp. Was close to call JJ to replace the ramp, but don't need to for now.

#6120 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its not the best looking but u really dont notice while playing.... but it plays so much better with the wire guide on top. [quoted image]

Is that a type of wire you can get at the hardware store?

#6121 5 years ago

Didn’t JJP do a plastic clear piece to stop bounce outs.
Jack gave me one back in January at EAG London

#6122 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Mine came with a plastic piece on it. Build date is April.

#6123 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Yes, just call into part or service and they will send one out. They will need your game serial number. super easy install.

#6124 5 years ago

Mine came with a plastic piece included too.
Build date 02/2018

20181107_190156 (resized).jpg20181107_190156 (resized).jpg

20181107_190125 (resized).jpg20181107_190125 (resized).jpg
#6125 5 years ago

I had the plastic installed. Nevertheless some rebounds and no smooth drops. I had some insulation material on the wireframe before, but now I installed a wire like bigd1979, which works really great!

#6126 5 years ago

I haven't ever had an issue with that wireform, but I have the game at the recommended angle and didn't jack the flipper power way up.

#6127 5 years ago

Was starting up my DI today and it died after a few seconds (no power). Seems like a fuse has blown. What fuse do I need to buy? (Will bring the old one to the electric store but just in case they don´t get it.)

2018-11-07 20.34.48 (resized).jpg2018-11-07 20.34.48 (resized).jpg
#6128 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Was starting up my DI today and it died after a few seconds (no power). Seems like a fuse has blown. What fuse do I need to buy? (Will bring the old one to the electric store but just in case they don´t get it.)[quoted image]

Time Delay, 10A, 250V

Fuse 702 feeds the following, so check out those areas if it blows again quickly.

70V Coils (TAN) - Left, Right & Upper Magnets
70V Coils (PNK) - Bob Trap Door Latch Release, Bob Trap Door Open

#6129 5 years ago

Time Delay, 10A, 250V

It's a small 20mm fuse too, not the 1 1//4 inch ones.

#6130 5 years ago

Time Delay, 10A, 250V
Fuse 702 feeds the following, so check out those areas if it blows again quickly.

Quoted from LTG:

It's a small 20mm fuse too, not the 1 1//4 inch ones.

Thanks a lot!

#6131 5 years ago

Hopefully getting closer to new code being released, as I noticed that the Dialed In manual was updated again today to version 3.3 (November 2018) on the support webpage for Dialed In.

#6132 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I haven't ever had an issue with that wireform, but I have the game at the recommended angle and didn't jack the flipper power way up.

My game is set up around 7 degrees bc 6.5 was to floaty for me but i didn't mess with any coil power. Some di just had issues with the left wireform exit but the wire I added made it super smooth and fast inlane return

#6133 5 years ago

My Theater screen has a blue tinge (see pics). I just updated to the beta code but not sure if it happened after this or not, i just noticed it for the first time after updating. Any thoughts on what could be up?

D706B00D-C104-46B3-BCE5-E19BC60AE55B (resized).jpegD706B00D-C104-46B3-BCE5-E19BC60AE55B (resized).jpegF8E1301E-DE3B-4FAB-B84B-B11F8A642AD5 (resized).jpegF8E1301E-DE3B-4FAB-B84B-B11F8A642AD5 (resized).jpeg
#6134 5 years ago

Has anyone fitted orange rubbers to the PF and flippers. I just ordered orange Titans for all but the standard black. I would love to see photos. It takes a few week to arrive here in OZ.

#6135 5 years ago

Question regarding the front door volume control.

I’ve noticed that you can toggle it’s usage in the menu between a couple of settings.

Is it expected behaviour that you can only turn it down and not up? Do I have a faulty switch?

It would be nice if it could be used to go up to the only the maximum of what was set via the coin door controls.

This would stop someone from making it super loud yet still allow usage up and down.

#6136 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

My Theater screen has a blue tinge (see pics). I just updated to the beta code but not sure if it happened after this or not, i just noticed it for the first time after updating. Any thoughts on what could be up?[quoted image][quoted image]

I would start by finding the cables and reseating them, making sure you have a good connection.

Quoted from koops:

Question regarding the front door volume control.
I’ve noticed that you can toggle it’s usage in the menu between a couple of settings.
Is it expected behaviour that you can only turn it down and not up? Do I have a faulty switch?
It would be nice if it could be used to go up to the only the maximum of what was set via the coin door controls.
This would stop someone from making it super loud yet still allow usage up and down.

My front door volume button changes volume both up and down.

#6137 5 years ago

Yesterday I had the following problem:
During a game all three displays went black (however showing the blue VGA info for a few seconds).
I continued to play for a couple of minutes, but the displays kept black. Gameplay seemed to be normal.
After a reboot everything seemed to be o.k. again.
Did anyone encounter such behaviour before? I hope that this is not the first sign of recurring problems.
(I have the V 1.56 - beta installed.)

#6138 5 years ago
Quoted from artiShock:

During a game all three displays went black (however showing the blue VGA info for a few seconds).
I continued to play for a couple of minutes, but the displays kept black. Gameplay seemed to be normal.
After a restart everything seemed to be o.k. again.
Did anyone accounter such behaviour before? I hope that this is not the first sign of recurring problems.

please post this in the google group as feedback for the beta.

#6139 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

please post this in the google group as feedback for the beta.

I will do, although I do not think that this is the reason.

#6140 5 years ago
Quoted from artiShock:

After a reboot everything seemed to be o.k. again.
Did anyone encounter such behaviour before? I hope that this is not the first sign of recurring problems.

Mine did this twice during the first couple days after I bought it new. This was on the older code. Hasn't happened since.

#6141 5 years ago

I have the dreaded service menu error of 'no bluetooth dongle detected.' Tried reseating it to no avail. Assume the common logic is just buy another one off Amazon?

#6142 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

I have the dreaded service menu error of 'no bluetooth dongle detected.' Tried reseating it to no avail. Assume the common logic is just buy another one off Amazon?

I was going to say 'just disable it, who uses that garbage anyway' - but searching the online manual for bluetooth it doesn't seem that's possible. Doh!

#6143 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I was going to say 'just disable it, who uses that garbage anyway' - but searching the online manual for bluetooth it doesn't seem that's possible. Doh!

My friend that is paralyzed in one arm would love for it to work. It only worked once. When just opening the app I just get the spinning wheel of death every time I have tried since. That is the only thing on this pin that I'm disappointed with ... that I can't get it to work with an android phone. It would be good if there was a troubleshooting guide for that.

#6144 5 years ago

Time Delay, 10A, 250V

So changed the fuse and still no power. Are there other fuses that may be blown? The ones in the vicinity of the photograph look fine.

#6145 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

I now have this same error message. I unplugged the bluetooth adapter from the usb extension cable and then plugged it into an open usb port on the computer and then powered on DI. No more error. This tells me the problem is the usb cable. JJP is sending me a new cable.

#6146 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

So changed the fuse and still no power. Are there other fuses that may be blown? The ones in the vicinity of the photograph look fine.

Did the fuse blow again instantly? Get Digital Multi Meter and set it on continuity and check that fuse out of it's holder.

#6147 5 years ago

Did the fuse blow again instantly? Get Digital Multi Meter and set it on continuity and check that fuse out of it's holder.

No the machine doesn´t start at all, nothing happens when switching on. Have checked the wall socket and it works. This might sound strange, but I believe the fuse might have looked like in the picture before this happened, I just didn´t change it as the game worked just fine. So my guess is that it is something else that´s wrong. What happened was that I started up the machine and after a couple of seconds it just shut down and won´t start anymore - zero power.

#6148 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

No the machine doesn´t start at all, nothing happens when switching on. Have checked the wall socket and it works. This might sound strange, but I believe the fuse might have looked like in the picture before this happened, I just didn´t change it as the game worked just fine. So my guess is that it is something else that´s wrong. What happened was that I started up the machine and after a couple of seconds it just shut down and won´t start anymore - zero power.

Check where to cord goes into the cabinet it can get loose.

#6149 5 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Check where to cord goes into the cabinet it can get loose.

Just checked and nope not the problem.

#6150 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Just checked and nope not the problem.

Working from memory here... Did you check the fuse in the front bottom right of the cabinet by where the game power swtich is? It unscrews from the top of the silver box

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 22.50
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/123?hl=pb_lawww and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.