IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 273.
#6051 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I have superbands on mine which I’ve gotten used to and provide more bounce, and I wax mine frequently which makes it play faster. I prefer a faster game - I play better that way and can keep the flow going. Owl prefers a more controlled game which works well for him, and he doesn’t like the feel of “stupid bands”.

Try your game with regular rubber. It will be faster and bouncier than with superbands. The only challenge that superbands give you over regular rubber is extra spin and weird bounces. As you indicated, you've already adjusted to these effects.

#6052 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Try your game with regular rubber. It will be faster and bouncier than with superbands. The only challenge that superbands give you over regular rubber is extra spin and weird bounces. As you indicated, you've already adjusted to these effects.

I have to agree with this - at least on the flippers

#6053 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I personally think they make the game slightly easier. They grip the ball a little more and allow for better control of your shots. Rubber is less predictable. I put super bands on my Medieval Madness and it was easier for me to get to battle for the kingdom. Went back to rubber and immediately notice the difference.

That's why you can never look at someone else's score and gauge your own progress. Some games just play predictably and easier. My game is out of control. Constantly shooting the ball in unpredictable places and really a drain pig.

#6054 5 years ago

Ted, one question for you. Is there a plan at all to add a finale to Showdown? It would be incredible to have an ending like Medieval Madness where after defeating D.I.E, the game shuts down. Maybe even a final sequence that explains and puts closure on the whole story would be a nice touch.

It felt a bit anticlimactic to put in all that work to just finish the "boss" and jump right into victory laps. I turned to my wife and said "is the screen telling me I need to do something"?

You've done an incredible job on this game Ted, really hoping you'll do something about capping off the wizard mode to make this one a timeless classic.

#6055 5 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

anyone ever have a loud buzzing coming from the speakers upon booting up and it continues? Figure its something to do with the audio jacks or something, but just thought I would ask if anyone knew right off hand. Its not the small popping noise that happens on hobbit, but a lot louder and constant.

This might help your problem,it worked great for me. http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/Ground-Loop-Isolator.html
I still get a loud pop,when I boot the game up,but I don't think this device is meant to solve that problem.
HTH

#6056 5 years ago

E3CBE9C5-EFFF-4E10-924C-8E6C279AB490 (resized).jpegE3CBE9C5-EFFF-4E10-924C-8E6C279AB490 (resized).jpeg
#6057 5 years ago

I just got QTMB as well...fun mode. Can someone explain the rules for how I achieved it?

So far, the Beta has been rock solid for me. Played about 12 games...

snaroff

#6058 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I just got QTMB as well...fun mode. Can someone explain the rules for how I achieved it?
So far, the Beta has been rock solid for me. Played about 12 games...
snaroff

There are 4 modes that you need to get at least 2 hits for each mode in the theatre to qualify. Kilowatts, Transit, Drones and Spider. Transit is where you bash the train doors, Drones, which I find hardest to qualify displays a drone in the theatre, etc. After you get at least 2 hits on each you’re ready. It seems to me that the more hits you get on each of these while qualifying, the higher scores you get while playing the multi ball.

#6059 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

There are 4 modes that you need to get at least 2 hits for each mode in the theatre to qualify. Kilowatts, Transit, Drones and Spider. Transit is where you bash the train doors, Drones, which I find hardest to qualify displays a drone in the theatre, etc. After you get at least 2 hits on each you’re ready. It seems to me that the more hits you get on each of these while qualifying, the higher scores you get while playing the multi ball.

The 2nd or 3rd page of the Status Update also gives you current progress, and shows you check marks next to the things you've completed

#6060 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Fascinating. Great work diagnosing this! I just checked my game and my scoop is installed further back than your original position...much closer to your new position.
JJP's overall build quality is very nice, but it's odd to see differences like this between games. I had my share of issues that needed tweaking (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialing-in-dialed-in-le-96).
My game was a very early build...#96. When was your example built?
snaroff

How you can tell when it was built?

#6061 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

How you can tell when it was built?

Sticker on the butt of the game...directly under the rear of the backbox. Mine was built on 6/13/2017.

snaroff

#6062 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Sticker on the butt of the game...directly under the rear of the backbox. Mine was built on 6/13/2017.
snaroff

Mines 7/20/2017.

#6063 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This new code is amazing. I can confidently say this is the best pinball machine out there and let's just say I go through a lot.
The game is so balanced and just feels complete. New animations are great and even the mb intro was fixed so the balls aren't released before the guy says dialed in. Just a really polished code update. Great job

I think there's a case to be made for all 4 of JJP's machines as the very best out there, even the initially maligned Hobbit, after recent code updates.

They're all incredible, even if I still wish JJPotC was an original pirate theme.

#6064 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think there's a case to be made for all 4 of JJP's machines as the very best out there, even the initially maligned Hobbit, after recent code updates.
They're all incredible, even if I still wish JJPotC was an original pirate theme.

Pirates is fantastic too. I like WoZ. Not a huge fan of Hobbit though. Gorgeous game killer code amazing sound.... Just don't care for that layout especially the crossing ramps. Still a lot of game for the price

#6065 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I was visiting this thread and saw the announcement of the code update. I just wanted to post this here because it wasn't clear to me at first until I checked the Google group:
The software is in "beta" test mode, which they are letting you download, but you may want to wait for the final.
As a policy for myself, I don't mess with beta software (on my computer or my pinballs). It's beta for a reason, you may encounter bugs and sometimes those bugs can be significant.
So I'll be waiting for the final. Just sharing this so some people might feel ok about waiting it out.

Is the final coming out this coming Monday,or are they waiting to see if there's any bugs in the beta download?

#6066 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Is the final coming out this coming Monday,or are they waiting to see if there's any bugs in the beta download?

No defined date had been announced.

My guess would be they wait some length of time to see if they find, or get reports, of any show stopper bugs they didn’t already know about.

#6067 5 years ago

It would be really cool if there was interplay between the theater modes and stacked items. Like if you’re doing the kilowatt drops and you hit the spider tartget, a spider appears on the front drop. Or if you’ve got the drone captive ball and you hit qed the front ball has electricity swirling around it.

Don’t expect it happen, just would be neat.

#6068 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Agreed all are some the best pins ever made imo....

#6069 5 years ago

Played my daughter who usually kicks my butt - looser had to fly to pick up Buffalo Wild Wings... thought for sure I’d loose but had my best game yet - I had a true adrenaline rush and still feel kinda euphoric

06A218D1-B3AA-42E2-9F64-7AF2490750C5 (resized).jpeg06A218D1-B3AA-42E2-9F64-7AF2490750C5 (resized).jpeg
#6070 5 years ago

just by reading you all, i'm really digging to get my DI (soon i hope)...

#6071 5 years ago

Added more pics of the underside of the pf as requested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/121#post-4670653

You will notice the subway support is not fully screwed in, if you do as it pulls it too high so that it traps the ball. I also put the support diagonally so that it was gripping the subway gently and holding it in position better.

Can someone have a look at their factory standard one and see if the scoops tab is inside the subway or outside. It seems like a cleaner ball path if it’s on the outside though.

#6072 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Can someone have a look at their factory standard one and see if the scoops tab is inside the subway or outside. It seems like a cleaner ball path if it’s on the outside though.

The scoops tab is outside the subway.

snaroff

#6073 5 years ago

My wife and I like the multi-ball introduction on the old setting better, but everything else is just gold.

#6074 5 years ago

Will be streaming the new code tonight! 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#6075 5 years ago

the more luckiest/unwanted SIM card shot... bien joué Seb !!!

#6076 5 years ago

Getting better at the SIM shot - last night I had a game where I nailed the Big Bang, and the ball bounced immediately into the SIM scoop and collected. Then I started EMP and .. SDTM

What are people setting their theater magnet to these days?

#6077 5 years ago

Here's a look at how to get Quantum Theater Multiball going:

Plus the full stream from last night if you want to check it all out. Got to QCMB a few times, saw the new light show in Chaos in Quantum City, played some phone games and even dug up a couple bugs for the team to fix up. It's in 2 parts thanks to a mid-stream power outage:

Part 1: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/332189461
Part 2: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/332227710

#6078 5 years ago

One thing I love about the new code. . . Dat bass drop when one of the theatre targets goes active.

#6079 5 years ago

Just got Chaos in Quantum City for the first time since updating. Man, that has changed!! I think I earned 2 SIM cards during that mode. Is that possible? That is definitely new. I like the variety of how to earn SIM cards now; not just all about the modes. Great balancing in every aspect going on. Had a killer game, and hit a rickety shot to the theater, and .. SDTM.

#6080 5 years ago

Great to hear! So with new code what are the others was officially to get sim?

#6081 5 years ago

While watching the video above I see that the bottom right corner shows "balls to go" with actual icons of the pinballs remaining. I don't remember seeing that on my machine. Is this a new option in the menu?

Nevermind. I found it

#6082 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great to hear! So with new code what are the others was officially to get sim?

Say what now?

#6083 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

While watching the video above I see that the bottom right corner shows "balls to go" with actual icons of the pinballs remaining. I don't remember seeing that on my machine. Is this a new option in the menu?
Nevermind. I found it

no, been there for a while. It's called "balls in reserve". It also lets you play extra balls at the end of your game in a multiplayer game.

#6084 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just got Chaos in Quantum City for the first time since updating. Man, that has changed!! I think I earned 2 SIM cards during that mode. Is that possible? That is definitely new. I like the variety of how to earn SIM cards now; not just all about the modes. Great balancing in every aspect going on. Had a killer game, and hit a rickety shot to the theater, and .. SDTM.

You can collect SIM Cards during Chaos in Quantum City, but they have to be lit before starting the mode. No new methods to light SIM Card have been added to the code.
--Ted

#6085 5 years ago

What are the new ways to light and collect sim cards other than modes? You mentioned more ways to obtain outside of modes

#6086 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What are the new ways to light and collect sim cards other than modes? You mentioned more ways to obtain outside of modes

There’s no new ways to light them, but you can collect during multiball now.

#6087 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm pretty sure you can get a SIM card lit while playing monkey wrench multiball
Not new always been there.

#6088 5 years ago

After playing this new code for a couple days now I can honestly say this is my favorite pinball machine now. It really feels polished now. I just love all of the different ways to play the game. Going for the Quantum Theatre multi-ball is a blast. I love all of the new sounds too. This is an absolute masterpiece. The best! And believe me I've played a shit ton of pinball machines.

#6089 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

You can collect SIM Cards during Chaos in Quantum City, but they have to be lit before starting the mode. No new methods to light SIM Card have been added to the code.
--Ted

Is it possible I somehow stacked a multiball at the same time? No, that doesnt seem right. I must have earned more than I thought and only happened to collect them in CIQC

#6090 5 years ago

Do the skill shots do anything? Is there a write up of what each one does?

#6091 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I'm pretty sure you can get a SIM card lit while playing monkey wrench multiball
Not new always been there.

I believe all the non-DIE multiballs (the Crazy Bobs, I guess) allow you to earn a SIM. high voltage, for example; I almost always get one from bashing that sumbitch electric company guy!

#6092 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe all the non-DIE multiballs (the Crazy Bobs, I guess) allow you to earn a SIM. high voltage, for example; I almost always get one from bashing that sumbitch electric company guy!

This is right I was wrong about monkey wrench multiball

#6093 5 years ago

Confession: I always try to make the skill shot, but don't care what it rewards. I don't even know what transit value is.

#6094 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do the skill shots do anything? Is there a write up of what each one does?

This rulesheet has some info on skillshots and other rules in the game. http://tiltforums.com/t/dialed-in-rulesheet-wiki/2855

#6095 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

This rulesheet has some info on skillshots and other rules in the game. http://tiltforums.com/t/dialed-in-rulesheet-wiki/2855

Thanks! Missed the part where I have to drop the ball behind the theatre.

#6096 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Confession: I always try to make the skill shot, but don't care what it rewards. I don't even know what transit value is.

Confession: I rarely try to make the skill shot, because the FULL PLUNGE on this game is so much damn fun!!!

#6097 5 years ago

I emailed Jen to get the code on Saturday night and I still havent heard back. Anyone have a real release date yet for the 1.56 code?

#6098 5 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

I emailed Jen to get the code on Saturday night and I still havent heard back. Anyone have a real release date yet for the 1.56 code?

Yeah seriously. Is it illegal or a bad idea to share the code out amongst each other? I'm looking for a download myself.

#6099 5 years ago

Why not call Jen and have her get you access?

#6100 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Why not call Jen and have her get you access?

It seemed like the group was saying to email her. I did that but havent heard back

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/122?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.