IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 273.
#6001 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Been trying to update but my screen has stayed blank for about 20 mins...any suggestions?
Update: After a over an hour, screen was still black so I shut the game down, removed the usb stick, and restarted. Seems like the update installed as it says V1.56. Did others experience this? Did it not install correctly and should I retry?

If it says V1.56, then you're good to go.
--Ted

#6002 5 years ago

So far so good with the update! Love it!

#6003 5 years ago

New code is fricken AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6004 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

New code is fricken AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was gonna wait for the final update....but mountaingamer’s post has me ready to go update now!!! Just gotta wait for my 17yo and his girlfriend to be done watching a movie so I can enjoy my game room and new dialed in code

D1B94E22-A9DA-44C0-9F6A-FBFDBAE7CA7B (resized).jpegD1B94E22-A9DA-44C0-9F6A-FBFDBAE7CA7B (resized).jpeg
#6005 5 years ago

I thought I heard something about the skill shot being worth more points? After update still the same for me.

#6006 5 years ago

What's the best way to get this code before Monday if you're not in the Google group?

#6007 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What's the best way to get this code before Monday if you're not in the Google group?

I emailed tech support about an hour ago and nada.

I still fail to see how releasing this in beta to everyone who wants it and understands the risk is better/easier for jjp. Now they have people emailing tech support and Jen.

#6008 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I still fail to see how releasing this in beta to everyone who wants it and understands the risk is better/easier for jjp. Now they have people emailing tech support and Jen.

Because it's opt in.

#6009 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I just emailed [email protected] and got a link within 5 mins!

So what are the instructions to install?

#6010 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Because it's opt in.

I’d be opting in by downloading it.

#6011 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Download and extract the directory onto the root of a USB stick formatted to FAT32, go to settings, full menu, update and follow prompts.

#6012 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Guess I’ll try again. Thanks for the reply.

#6013 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

If you emailed tech support, you will get a response. Jack himself emailed me with the link

#6014 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If you emailed tech support, you will get a response. Jack himself emailed me with the link

I know I’ll get a response. Was not expecting that they would be around on the weekend. Kudos for having tech support staff on the weekend.

Jjp does so many things so well but a few things are mind numbing.

#6015 5 years ago
Quoted from Owlnonymous:

crwjumper and myself will be streaming the new 1.56 Beta code some time after 6PM EDT tonight - http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

Looks like you guys are just playing NES right now. Let's see that 12 million score live

#6016 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

jerseyjackpinball.com under support has instructions for this delta update.

http://159.203.76.48/general/install-delta/

LTG : )

#6017 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I thought I heard something about the skill shot being worth more points? After update still the same for me.

It’s worth the same, but it potentially adds to the jackpots in the new theater multiball.

#6018 5 years ago

Any tips for a new owner to help reduce phone hole rejections?

#6019 5 years ago

Code looking good, but was hoping that I'd see you guys blow up the game after your screen shot of 12M!

#6020 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Any tips for a new owner to help reduce phone hole rejections?

Remove the JJP installed protector and either go with no protection or consider installing a mantis style protector (https://mantispinball.com/product/dialed-in-phone-scoop-protector/).

I've fiddled with the original protector (that resulted in many rejects)...then I installed a Cliffy protector (less rejects). Then I removed the Cliffy and had no protector for awhile...no cheap rejects.

Yesterday I installed a mantis protector, which I believe offers a reasonable balance. For this particular hole, I prefer it over the JJP or Cliffy.

HTH,

snaroff

#6021 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I know I’ll get a response. Was not expecting that they would be around on the weekend. Kudos for having tech support staff on the weekend.
Jjp does so many things so well but a few things are mind numbing.

Sorry, I meant “you will get a response fast”. They are not always fast shipping out parts, but this sort of thing they nail

#6022 5 years ago

Wow. Exaggerated expectations

#6023 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Looks like you guys are just playing NES right now. Let's see that 12 million score live

Yeah lots harder playing someone else’s pin and doubles (and drinking scotch ). My game is certainly better dialed in than Owl’s, but the 12 million score was one hell of a lucky game as well. NOT my usual score by far. I’ve gotten to Showdown 4 times since buying the game, and I play a lot. Usual games are closer to 1 to 2 million when I’m playing well. Just good timing on the new code and my making a new G.C. I’m no Keith Elwyn for sure.
Thanks for watching as usual!

#6024 5 years ago

I tried to talk Owl into streaming my Dialed in but he doesn’t want to - too much work to stream a pin he owns. Mine plays much better and we would most likely get much further in the game. Maybe soon he’ll change his mind. Owl?

#6025 5 years ago

Just blew up the game with this new code. Showdown and Armageddon. Not sure how you guys get score over 10+ million, but here's my monster game.

IMG_20181103_233654 (resized).jpgIMG_20181103_233654 (resized).jpg
#6026 5 years ago

This game is sooooooo good.

#6027 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Remove the JJP installed protector and either go with no protection or consider installing a mantis style protector (https://mantispinball.com/product/dialed-in-phone-scoop-protector/).
I've fiddled with the original protector (that resulted in many rejects)...then I installed a Cliffy protector (less rejects). Then I removed the Cliffy and had no protector for awhile...no cheap rejects.
Yesterday I installed a mantis protector, which I believe offers a reasonable balance. For this particular hole, I prefer it over the JJP or Cliffy.
HTH,
snaroff

Without trolling through so many pages do you know if anyone has tried removing the left post?

Edit : ok just did it to see what would happen. Little/no difference. Ball seems to hit the vertical metal on the scoop regardless which is what is causing “rejects” on not exactly perfect shots.

Probably old news for everyone else here.

#6028 5 years ago

My game is going to a new home this week, as I have another game coming in, but after playing this new beta code, I'm feeling the regret a bit.

I only got a chance to play 2-3 games on it tonight, but from what I saw (and I did see the entire game) they've trimmed a lot of fat.

The game just feels, looks, and sounds tighter. Definitely a game I'll be thinking about for a while, and might even pick another one up down the road.

Good job Ted and everyone at JJP!

#6029 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

My game is going to a new home this week, as I have another game coming in, but after playing this new beta code, I'm feeling the regret a bit.
I only got a chance to play 2-3 games on it tonight, bit from what I saw (and I did see the entire game) they've trimmed a lot of fat.
The game just feels, looks, and sounds tighter. Definitely a game I'll be thinking about for a while, and might even pick another one up down the road.
Good job Ted and everyone at JJP!

Totally agree. The game is one tight package now with a whole lot of action going on!

#6030 5 years ago

I haven’t updated to the new code yet but should there be anything on the theater screen in attract more? My phone stays on the disaster/app screen and maybe the cursor moves around but the theater is blank/ no display.

#6031 5 years ago

I updated to the new code tonight. WOW. BOB modes have so much meaning. Refinement all around. The drone magnet is way more active. LOVE IT!!

#6032 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I tried to talk Owl into streaming my Dialed in but he doesn’t want to - too much work to stream a pin he owns. Mine plays much better and we would most likely get much further in the game. Maybe soon he’ll change his mind. Owl?

I watched for awhile and the game seemed to play well...especially when compared to DI's on location. I'm curious...what aspects of your game play are much better than Owl's? I spent a lot of time dialing mine in (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialing-in-dialed-in-le-96) and I'm always looking for tweaks to improve the play...

snaroff

#6033 5 years ago

I think I found a little bug, at the end of a game, if you do not write his name in today high score or high score, the phone remains in operation during the lottery, and we can also change mission with flip buttons, while without writing the name, the phone is stopped during the lottery as in version 1.52

#6034 5 years ago

Impressive scores. I struggle to break 1mm.

#6035 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Without trolling through so many pages do you know if anyone has tried removing the left post?
Edit : ok just did it to see what would happen. Little/no difference. Ball seems to hit the vertical metal on the scoop regardless which is what is causing “rejects” on not exactly perfect shots.
Probably old news for everyone else here.

I spent some time tonight looking at why shots were bricking. It was consistently the scoop vertical reenforcements.

Lifted the pf and looked at the mech. Mine had been installed with a fair bit of slack space behind it for the cables etc. So my guess is that the mech is waaay forward in my machine.

As a test I unscrewed the entire mech and moved it around by hand. It didn’t hit anything else so I moved it as far back as I could go and put in a screw.

This instantly made the phone scoop so much better. I did have to realign the subway from the sim card. It had enough play to only require one end to be moved.

Measurements between old and new position is 7.5mm.

Old
63F6C882-7D0A-4A67-A2F8-CB9E489120B7 (resized).jpeg63F6C882-7D0A-4A67-A2F8-CB9E489120B7 (resized).jpeg

New

7996EF82-2CC0-437E-BA29-32C159C241C6 (resized).jpeg7996EF82-2CC0-437E-BA29-32C159C241C6 (resized).jpeg4AD24795-CA37-4D0A-8378-595D4A13C1EA (resized).jpeg4AD24795-CA37-4D0A-8378-595D4A13C1EA (resized).jpeg

FCD43A84-C7EB-4740-8925-C47AE47C6A42 (resized).jpegFCD43A84-C7EB-4740-8925-C47AE47C6A42 (resized).jpegF7C30969-5556-49A5-B9FE-CB1D05C0A974 (resized).jpegF7C30969-5556-49A5-B9FE-CB1D05C0A974 (resized).jpegD953B45F-77BA-43E5-89F8-FF69561EB48B (resized).jpegD953B45F-77BA-43E5-89F8-FF69561EB48B (resized).jpegD82C2FC3-AACF-4B05-B154-E8053B2A31C4 (resized).jpegD82C2FC3-AACF-4B05-B154-E8053B2A31C4 (resized).jpegBD9E5877-395F-4BED-90C1-D49E7A186D18 (resized).jpegBD9E5877-395F-4BED-90C1-D49E7A186D18 (resized).jpeg9E650993-DCD5-4048-A801-8F96D0634D42 (resized).jpeg9E650993-DCD5-4048-A801-8F96D0634D42 (resized).jpeg8F9F0123-C766-4BB8-881C-2142CDAE3034 (resized).jpeg8F9F0123-C766-4BB8-881C-2142CDAE3034 (resized).jpeg68DBC9F9-E013-404B-8149-9F3F27E7DEE4 (resized).jpeg68DBC9F9-E013-404B-8149-9F3F27E7DEE4 (resized).jpeg4E5C7882-0A0E-4414-B249-A47F07536CEB (resized).jpeg4E5C7882-0A0E-4414-B249-A47F07536CEB (resized).jpeg344DF801-BF74-42E0-8FCA-176A6186A724 (resized).jpeg344DF801-BF74-42E0-8FCA-176A6186A724 (resized).jpeg114A5E97-B9DE-4A73-A1AC-9B023E1BE86B (resized).jpeg114A5E97-B9DE-4A73-A1AC-9B023E1BE86B (resized).jpeg0906EAF7-C78A-4BE3-B7E6-A15CE2D3551A (resized).jpeg0906EAF7-C78A-4BE3-B7E6-A15CE2D3551A (resized).jpeg07317086-5A1E-467A-850E-5A3E58238334 (resized).jpeg07317086-5A1E-467A-850E-5A3E58238334 (resized).jpeg

#6036 5 years ago

I was visiting this thread and saw the announcement of the code update. I just wanted to post this here because it wasn't clear to me at first until I checked the Google group:

The software is in "beta" test mode, which they are letting you download, but you may want to wait for the final.

As a policy for myself, I don't mess with beta software (on my computer or my pinballs). It's beta for a reason, you may encounter bugs and sometimes those bugs can be significant.

So I'll be waiting for the final. Just sharing this so some people might feel ok about waiting it out.

#6037 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I watched for awhile and the game seemed to play well...especially when compared to DI's on location. I'm curious...what aspects of your game play are much better than Owl's? I spent a lot of time dialing mine in (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialing-in-dialed-in-le-96) and I'm always looking for tweaks to improve the play...
snaroff

A few things are different: The two most major differences are that on Owl’s Dialed In his phone kick out is random and unpredictable. It will hit the middle of the sling, the bottom of the sling or the tip of the flipper. Mine consistently hits the middle of the right flipper so you can catch and get control of the ball right away when a mode starts and start making necessary shots. Owl complains that there is not enough time to make the shots during modes - if his game was more controllable at the beginning of the modes, this wouldn’t be the case.
Also, on mine when the ball is on the left flipper, it’s easy to consistently backhand the left ramp. This helps greatly during modes, especially the wildfire, acid rain, and alien attack modes. On Owl’s DI even with the flipper power at full (like mine) it’s almost impossible to backhand the left ramp from a resting ball.
When Owl’s theater magnet “pulses”, it will sometimes shoot the ball straight down where mine consistently shoots it up. I think his needs a little more fine tuning as we both experienced SDTM balls when this happened last night.
I have superbands on mine which I’ve gotten used to and provide more bounce, and I wax mine frequently which makes it play faster. I prefer a faster game - I play better that way and can keep the flow going. Owl prefers a more controlled game which works well for him, and he doesn’t like the feel of “stupid bands”.
Owl has been playing pinball competitively for quite a while as well as streaming for years, where I’m more of a recreational player. His consistency is better than mine with his controlled play, but I occasionally get killer GC scores (as does he), especially on games that I own.
Oh yeah I almost forgot - my DI LE also has a topper. Of course it plays better!

#6038 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I spent some time tonight looking at why shots were bricking. It was consistently the scoop vertical reenforcements.
Lifted the pf and looked at the mech. Mine had been installed with a fair bit of slack space behind it for the cables etc. So my guess is that the mech is waaay forward in my machine.
As a test I unscrewed the entire mech and moved it around by hand. It didn’t hit anything else so I moved it as far back as I could go and put in a screw.
This instantly made the phone scoop so much better. I did have to realign the subway from the sim card. It had enough play to only require one end to be moved.
Measurements between old and new position is 7.5mm.
Old
[quoted image]
New
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fascinating. Great work diagnosing this! I just checked my game and my scoop is installed further back than your original position...much closer to your new position.

JJP's overall build quality is very nice, but it's odd to see differences like this between games. I had my share of issues that needed tweaking (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialing-in-dialed-in-le-96).

My game was a very early build...#96. When was your example built?

snaroff

#6039 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

A few things are different: The two most major differences are that on Owl’s Dialed In his phone kick out is random and unpredictable. It will hit the middle of the sling, the bottom of the sling or the tip of the flipper. Mine consistently hits the middle of the right flipper so you can catch and get control of the ball right away when a mode starts and start making necessary shots. Owl complains that there is not enough time to make the shots during modes - if his game was more controllable at the beginning of the modes, this wouldn’t be the case.
Also, on mine when the ball is on the left flipper, it’s easy to consistently backhand the left ramp. This also helps greatly during modes, especially the wildfire, acid rain, and alien attack modes.
I have superbands on mine which I’ve gotten used to and provide more bounce, and I wax mine frequently which makes it play faster. I prefer a faster game - I play better that way and can keep the flow going. Owl prefers a more controlled game which works well for him, and he doesn’t like the feel of “stupid bands”.
Owl has been playing pinball competitively for quite a while as well as streaming for years, where I’m more of a recreational player. His consistency is better than mine with his controlled play, but I occasionally get killer GC scores, especially on games that I own.

Interesting...no doubt random kick backs from the scoop aren't great. Mine had some problems with this as well...IIRC, I bent the scoop hood very slightly and reduced the power very slightly to fix it. The randomness was being caused by hitting the low wireform in front of the scoop.

On mine, backhanding the left ramp is possible, but not easy. Did you tweak yours?

FWIW, I prefer Titans over superbands.

I've met Owl at some of the Florida pinball gatherings...great guy. Helped nudge me towards a beautiful Centaur years ago (which is still in my collection).

If you are ever in the West Palm Beach area, ping me. Would love to play some DI with you! Would be interesting to get your opinion on how mine plays.

snaroff

#6040 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've met Owl at some of the Florida pinball gatherings...great guy.

One of the Best!

#6042 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Interesting...no doubt random kick backs from the scoop aren't great. Mine had some problems with this as well...IIRC, I bent the scoop hood very slightly and reduced the power very slightly to fix it. The randomness was being caused by hitting the low wireform in front of the scoop.
On mine, backhanding the left ramp is possible, but not easy. Did you tweak yours?
FWIW, I prefer Titans over superbands.
I've met Owl at some of the Florida pinball gatherings...great guy. Helped nudge me towards a beautiful Centaur years ago (which is still in my collection).
If you are ever in the West Palm Beach area, ping me. Would love to play some DI with you! Would be interesting to get your opinion on how mine plays.
snaroff

I didn’t have to tweak my left ramp, just pump up the flipper power and put on Superbands.
I do get to the East coast from time to time. I’ll let you know next time I’m coming over. Got to get a Russo’s sub once in a while!

#6043 5 years ago

I'm curious what the JJP team's position is on backhanding the left ramp.

Can one of them clarify, and if not, ask the question to Pat?

#6044 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

As a policy for myself, I don't mess with beta software (on my computer or my pinballs). It's beta for a reason, you may encounter bugs and sometimes those bugs can be significant.

As with all BETA release's yes always install at your own risks and assume all responsibilities, now with that being said if a vast majority of us are willing to do so this helps with working out the kinks to produce a final version with the feedback we are giving to Ted and crew. To be honest there is very little to no major issues noted thus far.

Awesome work by JJP and staff

#6045 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I haven’t updated to the new code yet but should there be anything on the theater screen in attract more? My phone stays on the disaster/app screen and maybe the cursor moves around but the theater is blank/ no display.

There are six animations that are displayed on the theater during attract made. One is shown every 60 seconds.
--Ted

#6046 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

There are six animations that are displayed on the theater during attract made. One is shown every 60 seconds.

Glad you mentioned this. Shouldn't the nice animation that displays on the phone when you're in the operator menu be one of those that shows up in attract mode? Seems like it's too nice an animation for only the operator to see it. Maybe I'm mistaken and it does display in attract, but I don't recall ever seeing it.

Thanks for all of your hard work, Ted!

#6047 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Wow. That's pretty bad! Not only will the vertical reinforcement cause rejects on the phone shot, but it will likely chew through balls like crazy. Good thing you found and fixed this!

#6048 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Glad you mentioned this. Shouldn't the nice animation that displays on the theater when you're in the operator menu be one of those that shows up in attract mode?

Yeah, that one shows up, but it's the last one on the list. They are shown in order.

(And now that I've just double-checked that, I see that there are SEVEN animations. The JJP logo that you mentioned is the seventh. However, the starting point in the list is randomized each time.)

--Ted

#6049 5 years ago

anyone ever have a loud buzzing coming from the speakers upon booting up and it continues? Figure its something to do with the audio jacks or something, but just thought I would ask if anyone knew right off hand. Its not the small popping noise that happens on hobbit, but a lot louder and constant.

#6050 5 years ago

This new code is amazing. I can confidently say this is the best pinball machine out there and let's just say I go through a lot.

The game is so balanced and just feels complete. New animations are great and even the mb intro was fixed so the balls aren't released before the guy says dialed in. Just a really polished code update. Great job

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 22.50
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/121?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.