Topic Stats

• 9,048 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Green-Machine
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9048 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 181.
#551 1 year ago

I got to Armageddon today, what a game!

#552 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

so after playing what has to be a ton of games on this tonight, the right flipper is good. Def was playfield height and the position of the flipper.
This game is amazing. Top 3 for me right now - could be top. It's really that good. Feels so good and you just want to play one more time. Plus I love that shadow like magnet pull in the theatre.

I agree. Game is fantastic. I must confess, I was suspect of this game and didn't like what I've seen on video. But I now have at least 20 plays on location. GC'd one game for 13mil and another for just under 4mil. I love this theme! I love lawlor! And the integration of the theme is up there with the best of them. JJP knows how to deliver theme integration. And I may be in the minority, but I really love the sound package and call outs. Even the jackpot callouts I didn't like in videos are great in person and fit the theme.

That all said, the price point is tough to swallow, and I am still suspect to its longevity in a small home collection. But I got my eye on you Dialed In.

#553 1 year ago

So skill shot not programmed yet?

#554 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So skill shot not programmed yet?

Skill shot and double skill shots are all there.

Soft plunge to hit that little spot between the theatre exit and the pop bumper entrance for skill shot. When it ejects, hit the upper left ramp immediately to get a double skill shot. Which skill shot bonus is determined by what's lit in the shooter lane when you launch.

#555 1 year ago

this B O B shot is confusing me. I thought it was easy - you hit them and spell out BOB and then you get the first reward (crazy mode), then you can hit them again, spell out BOB and you light the other option (extra ball) then repeat and you get MB but when I try to do that, I'm not seeing the lights for the other 2.

Long story short - how does the BOB work?

Also - there are squares in the middle by Dialed In and I can light the first two or three but the other one (attack something, then armegeddon, etc) - how do you light all those squares and does it reset after each ball? I've reviewed the instructions but still don't understand it fully.

#556 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

this B O B shot is confusing me.

Spelling bob lights kickback and lights random bob award. Extra balls that are lit in the game are collected there. When the lock is lit you can also lock it in bob shot.

The squares are telling you what is available. Like "charge the phone" which lights the disaster and the "disaster" square... "Lock is lit" etc

#557 1 year ago

Hard to really see the BOB lit awards sign while you're playing but I just noticed my extra ball and multi ball lights are in the wrong positions.
My trap door seems to be operating normally, but when I go to the test menu to open/close it the door does nothing. Not sure if this is an issue but wondering if anything one has had the same thing happen.

#558 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

so after playing what has to be a ton of games on this tonight, the right flipper is good. Def was playfield height and the position of the flipper.
This game is amazing. Top 3 for me right now - could be top. It's really that good. Feels so good and you just want to play one more time. Plus I love that shadow like magnet pull in the theatre.

It really is a great game. It is in top 3 for me as well.

#559 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Skill shot and double skill shots are all there.
Soft plunge to hit that little spot between the theatre exit and the pop bumper entrance for skill shot. When it ejects, hit the upper left ramp immediately to get a double skill shot. Which skill shot bonus is determined by what's lit in the shooter lane when you launch.

Right, it is. Got it once before I wrote the post and nothing happened, but since then its been paying out. Its a good skill shot too, and love the 2nd stage super skill shot.

#560 1 year ago

Did someone post here its difficult to open the back box? What was the issue? My backbox keys don't work at all - numbers match, key goes in smoothly, but key won't turn at all.

Also, having a lot of ball trough issues - think its a faulty opto board - position 3&4 often show as closed when there are no balls in the trough. Anyone else had issues?

#561 1 year ago

Number 8 torx driver, remove the screws around the jersey jack marquee (have someone hold the speaker panel as it will want to drop without the screws in place), gently move the speaker panel down (wires will still be attached so not too far) and then remove the backglass. Bend out the lock tongue a bit and then reinstall everything and that will make the lock work better.

#562 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Spelling bob lights kickback and lights random bob award. Extra balls that are lit in the game are collected there. When the lock is lit you can also lock it in bob shot.
The squares are telling you what is available. Like "charge the phone" which lights the disaster and the "disaster" square... "Lock is lit" etc

Thanks! So how do you earn those quick MB modes? Is it not by hitting the BOB targets multiple times? Same with the extra ball. Or is it earned by hitting BOB 3 times and you're given them randomly - there is no way to guarantee when you get them??

#563 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks! So how do you earn those quick MB modes? Is it not by hitting the BOB targets multiple times? Same with the extra ball. Or is it earned by hitting BOB 3 times and you're given them randomly - there is no way to guarantee when you get them??

Crazy Bob’s
When lit Crazy Bob will award, in this order:
- Crazy Mode
- Quick Multiball
Every other award is a bonus multiplier increase by default. Extra Ball is lit at the shot for every three Crazy Bob's rewards collected.

http://tiltforums.com/t/dialed-in-rulesheet-wiki/2855

#564 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Right, it is. Got it once before I wrote the post and nothing happened, but since then its been paying out. Its a good skill shot too, and love the 2nd stage super skill shot.

If nothing happened (and that happens again), likely you have to adjust the stupid switch wire. The whole design of that area is REALLY touchy. Took me forever to get it adjusted so it would register and not get stuck so the ball had to wait for ball search.

#565 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Extra Ball is lit at the shot for every three Crazy Bob's rewards collected

Pretty sure it's after 3 modes have been played.

#566 1 year ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Pretty sure it's after 3 modes have been played.

That and 25 combos .... u can change all this on settings. I took away and changed some bc it gave out way to many on factory settings.

#567 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did someone post here its difficult to open the back box? What was the issue? My backbox keys don't work at all - numbers match, key goes in smoothly, but key won't turn at all.
Also, having a lot of ball trough issues - think its a faulty opto board - position 3&4 often show as closed when there are no balls in the trough. Anyone else had issues?

My key was impossible to turn when I got mine originally, and I was 100% sure they gave me the wrong keys.

I did end up opening up the backbox by removing the black torx screws on either side of the name plate. Once I got it open, I simply left it unlocked. The fix from JJP support is to add some washers under the speaker bar to raise it up a bit.

#568 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I did end up opening up the backbox by removing the black torx screws on either side of the name plate. Once I got it open, I simply left it unlocked.

mine was the same way but after opening it the first time it works fine now.

#569 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That and 25 combos .... u can change all this on settings. I took away and changed some bc it gave out way to many on factory settings.

Ya, I'm not very good so left that alone
I'm pretty sure I'll never see Armageddon.

#570 1 year ago

So I am having the "trap door" issue on my DI. "Malfunction" shows up in the test, but it works 80-90% of the time. When it does NOT work is when you are in the advanced stages of a mode or in multiball. What is the fix for this?

Also, the GI on the right side from the slingshot up to the back right corner has gone out. Anyone else have that issue? Solution for that?

#571 1 year ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

So I am having the "trap door" issue on my DI. "Malfunction" shows up in the test, but it works 80-90% of the time. When it does NOT work is when you are in the advanced stages of a mode or in multiball. What is the fix for this?
Also, the GI on the right side from the slingshot up to the back right corner has gone out. Anyone else have that issue? Solution for that?

I still have issues as well, I thought I had it but no dice. I wasn't able to fully pull the mech out, what is the easiest way to get it away from the trap door? It looks like there is a hole there to slide out the arm but it's too large to come out. Not sure if there is another easy way, I tried remove the door screws but that didn't work. I only had limited access without getting it all the way out.

#572 1 year ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

Also, the GI on the right side from the slingshot up to the back left corner has gone out. Anyone else have that issue? Solution for that?

Check the connections on your BAG board. Lift the playfield up and it will be in the lower right corner. just follow all the grey wires. i had one of my connections come partially loose during transportation and lost a sling gi for a bit. Simply push the connection back into the slot on the board and all is good now.

#573 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Check the connections on your BAG board. Lift the playfield up and it will be in the lower right corner. just follow all the grey wires. i had one of my connections come partially loose during transportation and lost a sling gi for a bit. Simply push the connection back into the slot on the board and all is good now.

Thank you, sir!!!

#574 1 year ago

How limited is LE? Or is it even? Out of ?

#575 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

JJP got weird on the naming here. I don't think the "Limited Edition" is actually limited at all. It's just 'the fancy one' - the Collectors Edition is the 'limited' release at 150.

#576 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

They said 2500... So it isn't very "limited".

#577 1 year ago

If/when they sell out of LE's, do you think they'll make an SE (special edition) similar to WOZRR and TH black arrow?

#578 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

They said 2500... So it isn't very "limited".

Remember when it was 6999 at expo launch, that was pretty hilarious.

#579 1 year ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Remember when it was 6999 at expo launch, that was pretty hilarious.

SUPPOSEDLY that was a "joke" and was never the intended amount.

#580 1 year ago

just put up a score of 2.5 mill. Wow - what a game. Loving it. So much fun and it flows so well.

so are bobs MBs given purely randomly or can you earn them somehow?

#581 1 year ago

Wow how long did that game last? Was that 3 balls or 5 (is that an appropriate question around here?)

#582 1 year ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Wow how long did that game last? Was that 3 balls or 5 (is that an appropriate question around here?)

Scores add up pretty fast if you manage to collect the SIM cards since they work as multipliers that really amp your score when you get a number of them.

#583 1 year ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

3 balls. I ended up getting 4 sim cards. Felt like atleast 15 min and I'm by no means someone who plays for score but knew this was going to be good when I had almost 700k first ball and I ended up receiving at least 2 extra

#584 1 year ago

Good lord almighty. Only had a day but I can't even score 1M!

#585 1 year ago

Heading to York, so my right side GI issue and trap door issue will have to wait until I return.

I, too, have the "unable to unlock the backglass" syndrome. Thank you all for the helpful answers!

Now, here is my new question:

I am playing TWO DI's frequently. On the one, a friend of mine has the Combo Champ at 8 and his initials entered.
On the other, I have had like 9 or 10 Combos and have never been able to enter my initials at any point and the
display still says "Combo Champ JTH 5" (or whatever the default amount/initials were). In other words: it does NOT
update, even though there is a new "champ".

Any ideas on THAT? Again, thanks for all your help!!!

#586 1 year ago
Quoted from SkeebWilcox:

I am playing TWO DI's frequently. On the one, a friend of mine has the Combo Champ at 8 and his initials entered.
On the other, I have had like 9 or 10 Combos and have never been able to enter my initials at any point and the
display still says "Combo Champ JTH 5" (or whatever the default amount/initials were). In other words: it does NOT
update, even though there is a new "champ".
Any ideas on THAT? Again, thanks for all your help!!!

Combo champ is for consecutive combos, not overall combo total in a game. We are updating that screen to say "Largest Consecutive Combo".

#587 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Combo champ is for consecutive combos, not overall combo total in a game. We are updating that screen to say "Largest Consecutive Combo".

I see there is a Armageddon champ but not showdown ? Not that i will make it to either one lol...

#588 1 year ago

I just realized that some of the characters on the cell phone are not animated when speaking while others are. JJP revisiting to fix those or was that purposeful? Looks like they just ran out of time?

#589 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I just realized that some of the characters on the cell phone are not animated when speaking while others are. JJP revisiting to fix those or was that purposeful? Looks like they just ran out of time?

It's on the 1.13 bug list.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-113-bugs-and-features

#590 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

They look like placeholders until they get a chance to fully animate all of them. JJP's track record on code is pretty good compared to its competition.

#591 1 year ago

Oh yeah I own woz. Jjp does a great job with code support

#592 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I see there is a Armageddon champ but not showdown ? Not that i will make it to either one lol...

Showdown you either win or lose. There's no point total shown at the end if you win; I dunno the other, 'cause I've never lost it.

#593 1 year ago

Hi all, I have the playfield protector on my LE, Every now and again, a ball will get trapped behind the right orbit flipper. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what would be the best way to fix it? Thanks in advance!

#594 1 year ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Hi all, I have the playfield protector on my LE, Every now and again, a ball will get trapped behind the right orbit flipper. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what would be the best way to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Doesn't it fall out when you raise the flipper?

#595 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Doesn't it fall out when you raise the flipper?

Not with the playfield protector

IMG_0240 (resized).JPG

#596 1 year ago

Sort of reminds me of TZ in a narrow body for some reason. Maybe code/modes. Anyone else?

#597 1 year ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Best and easiest fix, take of the stupid protector and play the game on the field like it's designed for. It's a game.

#598 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Best and easiest fix, take of the stupid protector and play the game on the field like it's designed for. It's a game.

Yeah....No. any other suggestions.

#599 1 year ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Yeah....No. any other suggestions.

May have to add washers under the metal wireform in the locations where it is attached to playfield. May then need to do the same
For that top wireform if the ball doesn't clear the top wireform when traveling on the Lower one.

#600 1 year ago
Quoted from Cserold:

May have to add washers under the metal wireform in the locations where it is attached to playfield. May then need to do the same
For that top wireform if the ball doesn't clear the top wireform when traveling on the Lower one.

It's not stuck on the wireform, there is a cutout in the pf protector where the flipper is, the ball is stuck on the lip of it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 8,000.00
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 399.95
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA
$ 189.00
There are 9048 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 181.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside