IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 273.
#5901 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just fill out a form on the JJP website. I have the Mantis scoop protector installed, and I'm not sure if I want to install the Sim card hole cliffy...it's hard enough to hit without one!

You're just raw-dogging the sim card hole currently? How is it holding up?

#5902 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You're just raw-dogging the sim card hole currently? How is it holding up?

lol. It's got mylar on it from the previous owner (JJP installed?). There was a little chip in the topside (towards the back of the machine) when i bought it. It's held up fine so far. I get probably 50/50 random bounce-ins/dribble-ins:aimed shots. It definitely doesn't get nearly as many direct shots as the phone scoop does.

#5903 5 years ago

Hi , it's realy a great pinball , I love it , I make two shooter rod , I prefer the Eye

IMG_20181015_145929 (resized).jpgIMG_20181015_145929 (resized).jpgIMG_20181015_145942 (resized).jpgIMG_20181015_145942 (resized).jpgIMG_20181015_150002 (resized).jpgIMG_20181015_150002 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_111411 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_111411 (resized).jpg
#5904 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Just got my dialed in and the shooter rod hits the auto launcher what should I be adjusting to fix this?

Inside the cabinet three screws hold the shooter rod housing. Loosen, move it, retighten the screws.

This is adjustable to line up ball hits better.

LTG : )

#5905 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Personally I like the toys that function, anyone can bolt happy meal toys in a machine. I get that its a little frustrating that they tend to burn out but I am confident that JJP will come up with a simple fix(inline resistor) that will make them reliable. So just turn them off til then

Mine don't work,so I can save a step, and not turn them off.

#5906 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone have this happen before? On boot up the phone also says "auto config" which I don't recall seeing before.
The first time that it happened I just rebooted the machine and it resolved itself. And now it's had this red screen for the last 3 boot ups.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hey Damien , my phone went pinkish/reddish today just like yours did 8 months ago. It's at a co-op and we were in league so I left it on for 2 hours. It somehow resolved itself and the colors are back, but now the background on the screen is 1/8th of an inch lower.

Anyway, I'm not 100% convinced that the phone will work the next time I start it up. You didn't explain (I think) how you fixed your phone issue. Care to share?

#5907 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Hey damien , my phone went pinkish/reddish today just like yours did 8 months ago. It's at a co-op and we were in league so I left it on for 2 hours. It somehow resolved itself and the colors are back, but now the background on the screen is 1/8th of an inch lower.
Anyway, I'm not 100% convinced that the phone will work the next time I start it up. You didn't explain (I think) how you fixed your phone issue. Care to share?

Probably new phone from jjp

#5908 5 years ago

Got my mirror blades in from pinballsidemirrors.com (cointaker) - best price I could find online - thanks delt31 for the heads up! Bring on the code

DAE87D91-8821-42B8-89A5-1D27F4B6F60C (resized).jpegDAE87D91-8821-42B8-89A5-1D27F4B6F60C (resized).jpeg
#5909 5 years ago

Hey damien , my phone went pinkish/reddish today just like yours did 8 months ago. It's at a co-op and we were in league so I left it on for 2 hours. It somehow resolved itself and the colors are back, but now the background on the screen is 1/8th of an inch lower.

They sent me a new phone.

#5910 5 years ago

Same issues. Needed a replacement phone assembly.

#5911 5 years ago

Had it all lined up tonight. 8 modes completed, with 7 of them collected. 2 balls left to play...

All I had to do was hit that SIM shot one last time, and of course, I couldn't.

It was fun while it lasted, but now off to a new home.

#5912 5 years ago

Public holiday in Germany and no new code to play with . Still hoping for the rest of the day

#5913 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Had it all lined up tonight. 8 modes completed, with 7 of them collected. 2 balls left to play...
All I had to do was hit that SIM shot one last time, and of course, I couldn't.
It was fun while it lasted, but now off to a new home.

Are you selling because DI is difficult to beat?

#5914 5 years ago

Had both flipper springs snap, what size/length are they? Going to a hardware store later today.

#5915 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Are you selling because DI is difficult to beat?

Haha nope. It's just time for something new.

I do hate the SIM shot though. I personally feel it was a design flaw.

Maybe I'll pick up another DI in the future and take a stab at Showdown again.

I have the game until Sunday, so there's still time

#5916 5 years ago

Ha!

The Game!!!

2nd time Armageddon, 1st time Showdown. Showdown won! Really nice. I did not spoil the fun and had not watched any videos before, so this was really amazing!

Crazy!!!

#5917 5 years ago

dang!!!! I played about 10 games last night - was lucky to break 1 million once or twice.... most of the time didn’t make 500k... that Big Bang shot can be brutal sdtm

#5918 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Had both flipper springs snap, what size/length are they? Going to a hardware store later today.

Don't know if you'll source them locally. I've posted a picture to help with size, they are a soft spring.

If your loop of the spring broke off, you can bend a loop over and keep the game going. Then get spares.

DSC00677 (resized).JPGDSC00677 (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG
#5919 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't know if you'll source them locally. I've posted a picture to help with size, they are a soft spring.
If your loop of the spring broke off, you can bend a loop over and keep the game going. Then get spares.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This was the recommendation LTG gave me and it works flawlessly. This happened over the summer to mine and its still going strong on the broken one.

#5920 5 years ago

Any chance for code this weekend?

Was reported to be available early this week.

#5921 5 years ago

Will there be any new animations, or sound effects in this new code update?

#5922 5 years ago

Yes. The new animations were announced.

#5923 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Yes. The new animations were announced.

I hope these are going to fix the missing animations on the phone when modes are started.

#5924 5 years ago

That’s what they said!

#5925 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

That’s what they said!

They also said, code was coming the beginning of this week!

#5926 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

They also said, code was coming the beginning of this week!

If the "delay" means the code will have more added to it, then I say take your time. The code as it sits now is more than enough to keep you busy! Keep going for Showdown

#5927 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

If the "delay" means the code will have more added to it, then I say take your time. The code as it sits now is more than enough to keep you busy! Keep going for Showdown

This

#5928 5 years ago

I wouldn't get hopes up that the delay is for new features as that would take much longer. Let's get this code update out

#5929 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I wouldn't get hopes up that the delay is for new features as that would take much longer. Let's get this code update out

There’s a huge amount of new stuff, there’s a full new multiball, Major scoring changes, not to mention new animations

#5930 5 years ago

Ted posted this last week:

Quoted from check_switch_26:

Clarification: Your observation relates to what was shared in the stream a week ago. The code in games at the JJP booth at Pinball Expo is newer than what was shared on the stream. No static images. All of the phone character animations are in.
I don't have a firm release date yet. I'm aiming to have new code posted early next week. I'm still waiting on a few items.
--Ted

The wording of that "waiting on a few items" makes it sound like he's waiting for others to provide him with things, so likely more of the rendered animations.

#5931 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There’s a huge amount of new stuff, there’s a full new multiball, Major scoring changes, not to mention new animations

Not sure you understood my point. The new code coming out is going to be amazing. This notion that it's being delayed this week b/c we're getting MORE features is not likely.

#5932 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Haha nope. It's just time for something new.
I do hate the SIM shot though. I personally feel it was a design flaw.
Maybe I'll pick up another DI in the future and take a stab at Showdown again.
I have the game until Sunday, so there's still time

Bank shot baby!

#5933 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No No No let’s be patient and wait until Ted says it’s ready!

#5934 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not sure you understood my point. The new code coming out is going to be amazing. This notion that it's being delayed this week b/c we're getting MORE features is not likely.

aaah, copy that. Sounds like the animations are the holdup

#5935 5 years ago

If they do it like they've done the Hobbit, they will release a beta version via the jjp Google group for user testing. That hasn't happened yet.

#5936 5 years ago

Two of my favourite shots in DI are hitting Big Bang while in a mode and the ball drops right into Sim card, and hitting the telephone scoop with the upper flipper when the ball is slowly coming back down the right orbit. I am just starting to understand the nuances of this machine, what a great game!

#5937 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Two of my favourite shots in DI are hitting Big Bang while in a mode and the ball drops right into Sim card, and hitting the telephone scoop with the upper flipper when the ball is slowly coming back down the right orbit. I am just starting to understand the nuances of this machine, what a great game!

Getting Big Bang when you know you can't finish a mode, and there are just a couple seconds left on the ticker is THE BEST THING EVER! lol

#5938 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

My favourite: Sucking at a mode, shooting the theatre at high speed and holding the right flipper up so the ball bounces and finishes lighting big bag. Trap left, bump asshole to get him out of the way. Trap right. Nail big bang with one second left in the mode. Return off big bang shot, SDTFM.

#5939 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

. Trap left, bump asshole to get him out of the way. Trap right. Nail big bang with one second left in the mode. Return off big bang shot, SDTFM.

That's funny! One night my wife thought I was losing my mind,when I said I'd like to ring the QED guy's little neck.

#5940 5 years ago

Ted Estes just posted a link to the beta update, 1.56, on the JJP Google group.

Anyone going to test it out and give feedback?

#5941 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Woohoo! Gotta try it out tonight!

#5942 5 years ago

I will be playing the new code in about 5 minutes....

#5943 5 years ago

The updates …

==============================================================================
== Version 1.56 November 2, 2018 ==

- Note: 1.56 is a "delta" upgrade that must be installed on top of
version 1.50 or later.

=== Game Code

+ Additional animations for BOB at game start
* Added and refined various ball kickout choreography
+ Added DIE Customer Rep speech in Under Attack multiball
* Changed frequency of attacks in Chaos Multiball
* Updated Operator Manual

=== Core Code

* Updated currency and pricing adjustment system
- Pricing settings display more sensibly when currency setting is changed
- Changing currency resets all pricing adjustments and earnings audits
- Invalid pricing tiers are now flagged when set
* Fixed Euro 11 preset
+ Added Japan pricing preset

== Version 1.55 October 18, 2018 ==

=== Game Code

+ Added Quantum Theater Multiball
+ Added difficulty adjustments for "Hold/Bucket" rules
+ Added character animations for Disaster Mode phone calls
+ Added more Mike Banter and MANDI speech
* Changed "Hold/Bucket" rules scoring to be worth more
+ Added Drone Mystery awards for collecting "Hold/Bucket" rule values
+ Added user-selectable option to inhibit picture taking
* Fixed Disaster Mode selection with Tournament Mode ON
* Fixed Enter Initials bug that made the Start button wait for balls to drain
* Fixed case where Lottery Frenzy and Selfie Time displayed total screen twice
* Changed Score Awards adjustment to allow lower score values
* Changed Drone target scoring and magnet catch behavior
* Changed knocker "LOW" setting to be softer
* Fixed Under Attack Multiball to allow starting during 6th and 11th disasters
* Changed Theater magnet timing to release ball so it hits QED target
* Changed SIM Cards to allow collecting during Chaos Multiball
* Changed Chaos Multiball scoring to be higher
* Changed Selfie Time and Emoji Overload scoring to be higher
* Changed Under Attack Multiball jackpot scoring to be higher
* Changed/added a bunch of things in various display effects
* Changed jackpot detection in Monkey Wrench Multiball to be more generous
* Fixed rare crash that could occur when saving photo after entering initials

=== Core Code

* Fixed Status Report Start/Display adjustments
* Changed Status Report adjustment to allow up to 20 seconds per page
+ Added confirmation message and sound for setting clock and custom graphic
* Enhanced bumper and slingshot firing to provide finer adjustment granularity
* Fixed volume adjustment during game active that would sometimes leave music off
+ Added Test Report message for pinball missing
+ Added Switch History Test; shows 24 previous inactive->active switch transitions
* Changed kickback logic to prevent repeated firing with misadjusted switch
* Updated High Score/Enter Initials logic to handle all high score tables in
parallel so that all champ titles can be displayed at time of entry

#5944 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

That's funny! One night my wife thought I was losing my mind,when I said I'd like to ring the QED guy's little neck.

I find the QED guy saves more SDTMs than anything. He only seems to get in the way of the pops, the left ramp still gets them, other shots can get past him. Even the hurricane mode, the magnets can pull the ball around him when going for the theatre quite often. Just aim for the Big Bang. New code should make his save ability even better.

#5945 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

How do I get it?

#5946 5 years ago

whoooa!!!!!!

#5947 5 years ago

How do you access the JJP Google Group?

#5948 5 years ago

Excellent timing. Having a buddy over this evening to play some pinball! Time to install!

#5949 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

How do you access the JJP Google Group?

Email Jen at JJP to get you on the forums.

#5950 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Email Jen at JJP to get you on the forums.

Thanks. Hopefully she responds on the weekends? Would like to get into it tonight, if possible.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/119?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.