IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 273.
#5851 5 years ago

Wow 34 new posts today I thought the code dropped, guess not.....

#5852 5 years ago

Does the picture of my phone look like it's defective? I replaced it about a month ago,and it's been working great . While playing tonight,the screen started to act up.
I shut the game off,and when I restarted it,the phone was okay.This is the third phone that's been installed on my Dialed In.

IMG_20181029_204210655 (resized).jpgIMG_20181029_204210655 (resized).jpg
#5853 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Not sure which opto you are talking about. Right orbit has switch 52 as a rollover for right orbit enter and as a second switch the train two ramp made switch 47. switch 47 is the one i am talking about witch was not always registered at fast balls in my game. The ball was flying over the leaf. Bending it up helped and now even very fast balls sre registered.

Ahh brain fade. I adjusted switch 47 now it registers every hit. Thanks!

#5854 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Ahh brain fade. I adjusted switch 47 now it registers every hit. Thanks!

Happy I was able to help (even if my description typed via mobile is hard to understand ). I remember how annoying it was when the right orbit / ramp was not registered. imho everything must work 100% to make sure the game is fun.

Lars

#5855 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Happy I was able to help (even if my description typed via mobile is hard to understand ). I remember how annoying it was when the right orbit / ramp was not registered. imho everything must work 100% to make sure the game is fun.
Lars

You right this game needs to be
Dialed In!

#5856 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Question: Two of my drones are acting up in that the propellers don't spin. If I give them a couple of rotations by hand, they spin again, but only for a few times, and then they seize up again. Reading other posts, it seems that these drones are a common problem. I'm worried that if I get new ones, the same thing will happen eventually. Is it worth it for me to put a ticket in? The drones are cool, but I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble of replacing them only to have the new ones fail as well.

up to you, they are cheap toy drones. they will all break eventually.

#5857 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

up to you, they are cheap toy drones. they will all break eventually.

Are there any replacement drones to buy that are more long term reliable?

#5858 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Question: Two of my drones are acting up in that the propellers don't spin. If I give them a couple of rotations by hand, they spin again, but only for a few times, and then they seize up again. Reading other posts, it seems that these drones are a common problem. I'm worried that if I get new ones, the same thing will happen eventually. Is it worth it for me to put a ticket in? The drones are cool, but I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble of replacing them only to have the new ones fail as well.

Not sure about anybody else, but I can't even tell the drones do anything while playing. The only time I notice the propellers is if I'm testing something with the glass off. I could see buying a new set to just save until you want to sell the game so that you can have them working and not take a ding on the price from some complainer -- but I can't see spending money on new ones to just burn them out again. Hell, maybe I'll go unplug mine so they don't wear out and then plug them back in if I ever sell it.

#5859 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I've read in this thread somewhere that JJP replaces some of the components inside of them (from whoever they get them from) to make them more reliable before sending them off to us. I don't know if they did that from the start, or sometime after launch as a fix. I got my DILE last December (2017) and haven't had a problem with any of my drones ... yet.

#5860 5 years ago

the drones are available (banggood, ebay, etc.) just search for "cheerson cx-10a". BUT: the circuit board inside is completely different. So you can only use spare parts as the plastics etc. or fly the drone you know from inside your pinball machine.

Normaly only the motors wear out. So no need to replace the whole drone. The spare motors can also be found in ebay for small money. Search for "CX-10-005" or just "cheerson cx-10a motor".

If you need to replace a motor, check first which one is broken. As the motors are in sequence, if one is broken, all four stop working. Moving the blades one after the other while running in test mode makes it easy to identify the broken motor.

#5861 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

the drones are available (banggood, ebay, etc.) just search for "cheerson cx-10a". BUT: the circuit board inside is completely different. So you can only use spare parts as the plastics etc. or fly the drone you know from inside your pinball machine.
Normaly only the motors wear out. So no need to replace the whole drone. The spare motors can also be found in ebay for small money. Search for "CX-10-005" or just "cheerson cx-10a motor".
If you need to replace a motor, check first which one is broken. As the motors are in sequence, if one is broken, all four stop working. Moving the blades one after the other while running in test mode makes it easy to identify the broken motor.

This should be a key post. Thank you!

#5862 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

No, these are very cheap toys. look at any hobby site, retail these are inexpensive micro drones. they are not made to work forever. I don't even know why they hooked them to power. Just having them unmoving is fine.

#5863 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Ahh but they have clockwise and counter clockwise... guess it don't matter as long as they spin.

#5864 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

I don't even know why they hooked them to power. Just having them unmoving is fine.

There is a setting to disable them, it's under game settings and it's called "Drones physically active" Just set it to NO.

#5865 5 years ago

Just an FYI on the drones just got a note from JJP stating the following: "We are currently experiencing a high volume of drone motors failing, we are currently working on trying to solve this problem, that being said, these drones being sent may or may not later down the line, fail again unfortunately."

#5866 5 years ago

Not sure if it was posted before.
When you do replace the Drones, JJP needs you to now send back the bad drone. Steve mentioned it could be the boards in the drone and they are looking at (and maybe refurbishing?) those that are sent back

#5867 5 years ago
Quoted from KellerDj:

Just an FYI on the drones just got a note from JJP stating the following: "We are currently experiencing a high volume of drone motors failing, we are currently working on trying to solve this problem, that being said, these drones being sent may or may not later down the line, fail again unfortunately."

I wonder if the phone LCDs are having issues, too? I've gone through two of them. Seems odd to me that this would be such a troublesome part.

#5868 5 years ago

They are refurbishing the drones that get sent back

#5869 5 years ago

I would like to repeat my question:

Is there a known way to reset highscores (at least manually delete the daily highscores) without loosing the Grand Champion?

#5870 5 years ago

I have trouble with my phone but more trouble with the theater screen. It seems to go on and off all the time. That made me think a loose cable but I have reseated everything multiple times and my local tech looked it over and said it looked good as well. Wondering if I need a new video card and cables

#5871 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Wondering if I need a new video card and cables

I'd try cables first, assuming your video card is in tight, and only the phone is hooked to it, theater hooks directly to motherboard.

LTG : )

#5872 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I just replaced all three of my drones; I figured it was worth doing once in hopes that the newer ones might last a while. The top one is easy to replace - I might do that one again - but the bottom two are enough of a pain that I probably wouldn't bother replacing them a second time.

#5873 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I have trouble with my phone but more trouble with the theater screen. It seems to go on and off all the time. That made me think a loose cable but I have reseated everything multiple times and my local tech looked it over and said it looked good as well. Wondering if I need a new video card and cables

My theater goes off all the time,I thought that was normal. So it's supposed to show a video ,at all times?
I did replace the video card, and I'm still having issues with my phone.

#5874 5 years ago

I don’t know if it’s supposed to have video all the time. Mine will dim the brightness and go out all the way often. Hit a ramp and it should play the subway/train animation is a good way to tell if your theater is displaying video correctly. My phone screen goes out from time to time but the LEDs around it usually work. This happen much less often, the theater issues have been almost every game. Of course it seemed to work for the 30min it was on with my tech.

#5875 5 years ago

The theatre goes off by design. It only plays animations at certain times.

#5876 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The theatre goes off by design. It only plays animations at certain times.

Thank you.I think I'm going to just call JJP,and see if I can get this phone issue resolved.
Something I saw for the first time yesterday. I was still in a mode,and Mike Banter/? announced, things we're back to nearly normal,but I still had a lot of time left in the mode.

#5877 5 years ago

Can people who have recieved manuals tell me when they bought the game.. I was one of the first UK back in Oct/Nov 17 and not heard yet of manuals being sent out

#5878 5 years ago

Code Update????

#5879 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Can people who have recieved manuals tell me when they bought the game.. I was one of the first UK back in Oct/Nov 17 and not heard yet of manuals being sent out

If you haven't yet, you need to enter a support form on the JJP website and for case type select DI manual.

#5880 5 years ago

Mine was one of the first ones and I had to contact my distributer. My manual has a pretty severe printing flaw. They offered to replace if I payed half shipping, which turned out to be hella expensive. Going to keep the flawed one. Still works I suppose.

#5881 5 years ago

Thanks all for the responses about the drones. It sounds like it may not be worth replacing as the new ones will likely fail at some point. I think it is a cool toy, but I also don't really notice them going off during game play. I may call Frank at JJP just to hear his thoughts. I'm also wondering whether I should put in a ticket just so they have a record of when my failed in case they come up with a more permanent fix. However, even if they get more robust drones, I just don't see these as parts that will last for a lengthy amount of time.

#5882 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks all for the responses about the drones. It sounds like it may not be worth replacing as the new ones will likely fail at some point. I think it is a cool toy, but I also don't really notice them going off during game play. I may call Frank at JJP just to hear his thoughts. I'm also wondering whether I should put in a ticket just so they have a record of when my failed in case they come up with a more permanent fix. However, even if they get more robust drones, I just don't see these as parts that will last for a lengthy amount of time.

As per Frank, JJP is currently working on a more permanent fix. I’m on my third set of drones now. My recommendation is to contact Frank and have current replacements sent to you for the time being.

#5883 5 years ago

My game was built in April 18. So far 2 drones (bottom & middle) have gone out. Replacements are on the way to me.

#5884 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

I don't have a firm release date yet. I'm aiming to have new code posted early next week. I'm still waiting on a few items.
--Ted

Hi Ted,

do you have any updates on the release plan?

Thanks,
Lars

#5885 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This should be a key post. Thank you!

Have had my machine for almost a year now, have had no issues with the drones. Disappointing, but glad they are going to fix. It's still a functioning toy that should always work. Especially for an $9000.00 machine.

#5886 5 years ago

I have a very early LE and the drones have never been a problem.

#5887 5 years ago

Just got my dialed in and the shooter rod hits the auto launcher what should I be adjusting to fix this?

#5888 5 years ago

I had drones failing almost every week since I bought the machine in March 2018. The first few I was replacing with new drones, but at some point I startet to just exchange the motors by myself, as it was too much effort to order replacement drones and also replacing a drone is more effort than replacing a motor...

Nevertheless: I replaced more then 25 motors in this timeframe...

Questions are:
- is this just a problem of the motors itself? did I just get a bad charge?
- is this a problem of the drones circuits?
- is this a problem of the power driver board?

I think the small motors are not made for the lot of on/off sequences with full power and just wear off. But it seems odd that some do not have a single motor failing during thousands of games while others have broken motors almost every 50 games or so.

During the last few weeks I had only one motor failing, so maybe it is really just motor related. Nevertheless I think a smaller voltage for the motors means less hard usage during off/on cycle as well as less speed and therefore less wearing. As the drones are powered by unrated 12V (in my case slightly above 14 Volt) this might be the difference.

Could someone who's drones are not breaking at all measure the peak voltage during drone test, please?

To check this, I added a resistor in one of my drones motor circuit (I know this is not the best way, as the voltage drop is changing due to different resistiance of the motors, maybe a Z-Diode would make more sense here - but for a first check this should do the trick...). Up to now the drone did not fail anymore, but neither did the others without the resistor...

#5889 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Just got my dialed in and the shooter rod hits the auto launcher what should I be adjusting to fix this?

I would have to guess and say either the shooter rod or the auto launcher is the culprit.

#5890 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

I had drones failing almost every week since I bought the machine in March 2018. The first few I was replacing with new drones, but at some point I startet to just exchange the motors by myself, as it was too much effort to order replacement drones and also replacing a drone is more effort than replacing a motor...
Nevertheless: I replaced more then 25 motors in this timeframe...
Questions are:
- is this just a problem of the motors itself? did I just get a bad charge?
- is this a problem of the drones circuits?
- is this a problem of the power driver board?
I think the small motors are not made for the lot of on/off sequences with full power and just wear off. But it seems odd that some do not have a single motor failing during thousands of games while others have broken motors almost every 50 games or so.
During the last few weeks I had only one motor failing, so maybe it is really just motor related. Nevertheless I think a smaller voltage for the motors means less hard usage during off/on cycle as well as less speed and therefore less wearing. As the drones are powered by unrated 12V (in my case slightly above 14 Volt) this might be the difference.
Could someone who's drones are not breaking at all measure the peak voltage during drone test, please?
To check this, I added a resistor in one of my drones motor circuit (I know this is not the best way, as the voltage drop is changing due to different resistiance of the motors, maybe a Z-Diode would make more sense here - but for a first check this should do the trick...). Up to now the drone did not fail anymore, but neither did the others without the resistor...

looks like you tried a resistor

#5891 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

You should try to adjust the shooter rod. Open the screws and set it to a good position in the cabinet and tighten the screws again. Be careful not to damage the decals.

If this is not enough, you can also bend the auto launcher a bit.

#5892 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

maybe try adding a resistor inline to see if reduced voltage saves they motor

This is what I did in one of the drones (see last paragraph)...

#5893 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

There is a setting to disable them, it's under game settings and it's called "Drones physically active" Just set it to NO.

I understand they can be turned off. you missed my point, They are not functional to the game, there was no reason for them to put in a part that was going to be this unreliable. These drones are known to be cheap and break easily. They could have simply mounted them for looks with no power which is how they all will be eventually anyway. If would be different if they pushed the ball around with the thrust.

#5894 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

You should try to adjust the shooter rod. Open the screws and set it to a good position in the cabinet and tighten the screws again. Be careful not to damage the decals.
If this is not enough, you can also bend the auto launcher a bit.

Bingo! That was it thanks!

I’ll have to do my hobbit like that also as it occasionally touches.

#5895 5 years ago

does anyone know from what production date DialedIn LE has all the updates from factory ?

#5896 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

I understand they can be turned off. you missed my point, They are not functional to the game, there was no reason for them to put in a part that was going to be this unreliable. These drones are known to be cheap and break easily. They could have simply mounted them for looks with no power which is how they all will be eventually anyway. If would be different if they pushed the ball around with the thrust.

I understood your point and agree 100% just pointing out for some who may not know and who currently don't have a drone issue, and like you said they are not required to spin for game play that they can be disabled and still have a 100% working machine when they choose to enable them or when there might be a fix down the road. It seems the voltage might be a bit too high for the motors hence the short life performance but waiting to see what JJP R&D comes up with. Until then I have mine off.

#5897 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

does anyone know from what production date DialedIn LE has all the updates from factory ?

I got mine in January of this year and they still hadnt done some updates like the real cliffys. If I had to guess I would say May or later.

#5898 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

I got mine in January of this year and they still hadnt done some updates like the real cliffys. If I had to guess I would say May or later.

I think if you contact Frank they’ll sent you Cliffys

#5899 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think if you contact Frank they’ll sent you Cliffys

Just fill out a form on the JJP website. I have the Mantis scoop protector installed, and I'm not sure if I want to install the Sim card hole cliffy...it's hard enough to hit without one!

#5900 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Personally I like the toys that function, anyone can bolt happy meal toys in a machine. I get that its a little frustrating that they tend to burn out but I am confident that JJP will come up with a simple fix(inline resistor) that will make them reliable. So just turn them off til then

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/118?hl=kellerdj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.