IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 273.
#5801 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I got this one from Amazon. Five minute fix that works like a charm. PM me if you need help installing.
https://images.pinside.com/a/99/a99f384ee125aa47f76fe1573b182b0509290969/resized/large/a99f384ee125aa47f76fe1573b182b0509290969.png
[quoted image]

Will this eliminate the pop on my Polk sub when I power the game on/off?

#5802 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I got this one from Amazon. Five minute fix that works like a charm. PM me if you need help installing.
https://images.pinside.com/a/99/a99f384ee125aa47f76fe1573b182b0509290969/resized/large/a99f384ee125aa47f76fe1573b182b0509290969.png
[quoted image]

Thanks for the response,that goes for all of you pinheads

#5803 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

No, just the him in the factory speakers. The pop is harder to eliminate, you have to turn the sub off before the game cuts the sound, which would have to be programmed in I believe

#5804 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

No and I wish it did,because my Jack Russell jumps out of her skin,everytime she hears it pop.I'm very happy with how it totally eliminated the static,which was driving me crazy.
A couple of weeks ago,the static came back,and I was like WTH! Here the connection came loose,and once I replugged it in,the static was gone.I don't know if the shaker motor cause it to shake loose,but I did change the shaker motor setting to low,just incase.

#5805 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

JJP sent me one,and it works great! You can fill out a support form ,or just call them.

These are the direction JJP sent me for installing the ground loop isolator.

Installing a noise filter (ground loop isolator) in Dialed In! requires removing the backglass and then unlatching the monitor on both sides and pulling it forward and swinging it out to one side or the other so that you can get to the board case in the top half of the backbox. There is an LED strip affixed to the front metal cover of the box that holds, among other things, the motherboard and soundboard. There is one 2-pin connector to the left side of the box for this LED strip and it is a good idea to unplug this so that you can more easily unscrew and remove the cover and place it off to the side of the machine temporarily. The sound board is the smaller rectangular board directly in the center of the case. There is a pink female jack on the top right corner with a male mic-style cable plugged into it (I will attach a picture to this email). That pink jack is the input for the sound board and the male cable is the sound output from the motherboard. All you have to do is unplug the cable going into the pink jack and plug it into the female jack on the isolator body, then plug the male cable coming from the isolator body into the pink jack. That allows the filter to try to remove any excess static or surface noise from the audio before it reaches the amplifier on the sound board. It's that simple, and the only thing remaining is to find a place to either tie-wrap or double stick tape up the isolator body so that it doesn't interfere with anything like fans, etc. The isolator body is light so weight isn't really an issue but it's best if it isn't left hanging freely. Find a spot to secure it and that's it. See attached picture of the pink sound board jack.

install (resized).pnginstall (resized).png
#5806 5 years ago

Just watched the preview of the upcoming changes to Dialed In code on Twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/323121671

Looks great! Will surely make a great game even better!
Anybody know when this will be released?

#5807 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I think Ted just said he was working in it so no hard date that I've heard of

#5808 5 years ago

If you play enough games the ball will find a way.

01879646-3893-45AD-B7B4-3152256C5EEA (resized).jpeg01879646-3893-45AD-B7B4-3152256C5EEA (resized).jpeg
In the left sling.

#5809 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

[quoted image]
In the left sling.

Don't know what you did with your game to get the ball there

#5810 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

[quoted image]
In the left sling.

I play at a public place of which I'm one of the maintenance crew. We have a #WCS where everyone gets the ball stuck in the left sling. No idea how it happens, it just happens. Whenever someone or a group of people go "omg the ball disappeared!", I always say "check the left sling" and sure enough, there it is. Doesn't happen on any other game, never seen it on any other game.

Until now. Very weird.

#5811 5 years ago

Turn down the power of the sling coils a bit, or put a second rubber ring around the posts under the original — if You’re having a consistent problem with it.

#5812 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

[quoted image]
In the left sling.

That may call for a double rubber..lol

#5813 5 years ago

Go 1/4" smaller if it keeps happening.

#5814 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I thought I read early this week or was I possibly dreaming?

#5815 5 years ago

I had an issue with the left ramp shot, where the ball came down into the left inland too fast. It would jum lanes, and sometimes just air ball over the flippers. Reduced the right flipper strength by one, and that seems to have done the trick.

My phone scoop isn't dropping the ball onto my flipper, so I'm still working on that adjustment.

#5816 5 years ago

Is there a way to reset / delete highscores without loosing the Grand Champion? I was not able to find this festure, but as it was already available in 90s WPC games, I cannot imagine it is not available in DI!

Thanks and kind regards
Lars

#5817 5 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

I had an issue with the left ramp shot, where the ball came down into the left inland too fast. It would jum lanes, and sometimes just air ball over the flippers. Reduced the right flipper strength by one, and that seems to have done the trick.
My phone scoop isn't dropping the ball onto my flipper, so I'm still working on that adjustment.

Otherwise jjp has a plastic cover that fits on the end of the wireform that will stop it from jumping out

#5818 5 years ago

Quick rules question. For the games main multiball, Under Attack, how do you lock additional balls beyond 2? I started the mode today and had a 4 ball version of it going but not sure how I added the 2 additional balls to the mode before it started. Also is there a way during the multiball to add a ball?

Just a side note, hit big bang and then the ball immediately bounced off something into the SIM card shot which collected the SIM card. Very cool game!

#5819 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Quick rules question. For the games main multiball, Under Attack, how do you lock additional balls beyond 2? I started the mode today and had a 4 ball version of it going but not sure how I added it. Also is there a way during the multiball to add a ball?
Just a side note, hit big bang and then the ball immediately bounced off something into the SIM card shot which immediately collected the SIM card. Very cool game!

Hit scoop 3 times to add a ball and you also probably started a bob mb with the main mb. Also the main mb gets progressively harder and u lock one more ball everytime

#5820 5 years ago

does anybody know if add-a-ball affects the scoring?

#5821 5 years ago

So here's something interesting I forgot to share. The main knock on this game still seems to be theme, if the ratings are any indication. Once people heard what it was they formed an opinion about it before they played it (much like people are doing with Oktoberfest..... come on guys). I played the game a good 10-20 times and fell in love with it. I dreamt about it and yearned to own one someday.

When I finally bought one this past June, I immediately donated it to my local co-op, which is a place people donate machines collectively so we all get to play them. Anyway Dialed In made it's arrival about 1-2 weeks after Iron Maiden also made its arrival. In the beginning, Iron Maiden was easily everyone's favorite game to play. I can't blame them either, it's an awesome game with great sounds and lighting, the theme is powerful and the gameplay is nonstop. I like playing it but my only knock on the game is that points are easy to find, even if you have no idea what you're doing. I scored over 300 million in my first game, and I had no idea what I did to make it happen. It's not an easy game (I struggled to get over 100 million after that), but there's so much going on that you can basically do anything to get points at any time. I think this is why people weren't afraid to play it, because they'd get a score of 50-100 million and felt good about it.

Anyway, Dialed In was the complete opposite. People would play it, get 25-50k, they'd feel bad about it and then not return. Not many people knew I owned Dialed In so I got to hear all sorts of opinions about it from conversations happening around me. "The theme is weak" and "it's too confusing" and the like. It was rarely played, so I got to play it a lot which I liked, but I also felt a little sad about people purposely avoiding it to play just about anything else.

Fast forward to today and wow have times changed. I think the best players at the co-op are the ones who are most attracted to the game. It's challenging with a deep ruleset which I think is the greatest strength AND weakness of the game; Unless you take the time to understand what's going on, you'll never like it and never improve. I think this turns a lot of new-to-average players off. The game has been so popular lately that I can't get myself into a game! It's always on 4 player and there's always a huge line to play it. I've heard so many people call it their favorite machine in the room that I've lost count. It took a LOT of time for people to warm up to it, but now that they have I feel a lot better about having donated it. It makes me happy to see people play and enjoy it... and get frustrated at missing a crucial shot, or hitting the big bang in a big moment, or collecting a sim card (always a huge "YES!" when that happens).

It's a great game. I'm so happy to own it. It's my #1 rated game of all time and buying one is the best decision I ever made.

#5822 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

So here's something interesting I forgot to share. The main knock on this game still seems to be theme, if the ratings are any indication. Once people heard what it was they formed an opinion about it before they played it (much like people are doing with Oktoberfest..... come on guys). I played the game a good 10-20 times and fell in love with it. I dreamt about it and yearned to own one someday.
When I finally bought one this past June, I immediately donated it to my local co-op, which is a place people donate machines collectively so we all get to play them. Anyway Dialed In made it's arrival about 1-2 weeks after Iron Maiden also made its arrival. In the beginning, Iron Maiden was easily everyone's favorite game to play. I can't blame them either, it's an awesome game with great sounds and lighting, the theme is powerful and the gameplay is nonstop. I like playing it but my only knock on the game is that points are easy to find, even if you have no idea what you're doing. I scored over 300 million in my first game, and I had no idea what I did to make it happen. It's not an easy game (I struggled to get over 100 million after that), but there's so much going on that you can basically do anything to get points at any time. I think this is why people weren't afraid to play it, because they'd get a score of 50-100 million and felt good about it.
Anyway, Dialed In was the complete opposite. People would play it, get 25-50k, they'd feel bad about it and then not return. Not many people knew I owned Dialed In so I got to hear all sorts of opinions about it from conversations happening around me. "The theme is weak" and "it's too confusing" and the like. It was rarely played, so I got to play it a lot which I liked, but I also felt a little sad about people purposely avoiding it to play just about anything else.
Fast forward to today and wow have times changed. I think the best players at the co-op are the ones who are most attracted to the game. It's challenging with a deep ruleset which I think is the greatest strength AND weakness of the game; Unless you take the time to understand what's going on, you'll never like it and never improve. I think this turns a lot of new-to-average players off. The game has been so popular lately that I can't get myself into a game! It's always on 4 player and there's always a huge line to play it. I've heard so many people call it their favorite machine in the room that I've lost count. It took a LOT of time for people to warm up to it, but now that they have I feel a lot better about having donated it. It makes me happy to see people play and enjoy it... and get frustrated at missing a crucial shot, or hitting the big bang in a big moment, or collecting a sim card (always a huge "YES!" when that happens).
It's a great game. I'm so happy to own it. It's my #1 rated game of all time and buying one is the best decision I ever made.

All to easy.

260689B3-F36B-4C44-8D4F-5F62EC184D2B (resized).jpeg260689B3-F36B-4C44-8D4F-5F62EC184D2B (resized).jpeg

Trading up for reactor 9.

#5823 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hit scoop 3 times to add a ball and you also probably started a bob mb with the main mb. Also the main mb gets progressively harder and u lock one more ball everytime

Ah ok cool, makes sense. Thank you!

#5824 5 years ago

Well said Dialed In is the best!

#5825 5 years ago

Good story. It’s such a fantastic game. It’s a shame so many have written it off due to the theme, but it also allowed me to buy one second hand at a fair price. I love this game.

#5826 5 years ago

Showdown ready. Just had to hit the theatre. Hit the ticket target and then SDTM. I must admit I said a curse word.
One thing that I had forgotten from the two previous Showdowns that I reached. I kept hitting BOB to try to charge the phone (4 times) and it wouldn't charge. Then I looked up at the theatre and saw that it was the target I had to hit to start Showdown.

CE5BFB9E-B17E-4C27-8498-DA16B55E93C6 (resized).jpegCE5BFB9E-B17E-4C27-8498-DA16B55E93C6 (resized).jpeg

#5827 5 years ago

very cool. Hope to get there, soon.

I remember this situation with Armageddon. Had it two times ready without being able to make the phone shot to get it... The third time I got it - the first and only time - up to now...

One question: which version do you have installed? I see the announcement "Last ball" cannot remember to see this in my game (v1.52) it always says ball 3/3 for the last ball...

Cheers,
Lars

#5828 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

I remember this situation with Armageddon. Had it two times ready without being able to make the phone shot to get it... The third time I got it - the first and only time - up to now...
One question: which version do you have installed? I see the announcement "Last ball" cannot remember to see this in my game (v1.52) it always says ball 3/3 for the last ball...
Cheers,
Lars

hes playing with reserve balls, so in multiplayer everyone plays one ball then moves on, all extra balls are taken at the end.

#5829 5 years ago

thanks, Marvin!

#5830 5 years ago

Anyone change their flipper rubbers? Mine seem so bouncy, it's hard to control the ball.

#5831 5 years ago

I use SuperBands. Love 'em.

#5832 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone change their flipper rubbers? Mine seem so bouncy, it's hard to control the ball.

I’m going back to regular rubber on a lot of
My games. I tried Superbands because I had read they give you better grip, but I’m finding they are making the ball crazy hard to get control of ! Red or black rubbers from here on out I think.

#5833 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m going back to regular rubber on a lot of
My games. I tried Superbands because I had read they give you better grip, but I’m finding they are making the ball crazy hard to get control of ! Red or black rubbers from here on out I think.

SUperbands play like crap, the titan silicone or PBL's perfect play are very similar to fresh red rubber.

#5834 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

SUperbands play like crap, the titan silicone or PBL's perfect play are very similar to fresh red rubber.

Yeah that’s what it seems like. I’ll definitely be trying some other options.

#5835 5 years ago

I think that the more "out of control" aspect of Superbands actually makes me control the ball better. The harder it is to control the ball, the better I have to play. Plus I like that they are a bit grabbier - this helps when it's going to drain and the ball catches the tip of the flipper.
But that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

#5836 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I use SuperBands. Love 'em.

Same here
.. much better

#5837 5 years ago

I did a full Titan refresh on my game (all of my games have Titan). I've tried super bands and they are very grabby, dead bounces don't really bounce, and just feel too different from natural rubber. Titans are a great compromise of long life and natural rubber feel.

#5838 5 years ago

Main problem is that with super bands you just can't rely on dead flips. Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce at all or does, but barely, and drains. That very, very rarely happens with Titan Silicone or fresh rubber.

#5839 5 years ago

Often times my Dialed In doesn’t register shots in the right orbit. Usually it happens when I hit a hard fast shot.

I checked the switch and opto on the orbit and they seem fine.

I have my flipper power set to max. Which makes a perfect orbit hit sling around fast.

Anyway to address this to prevent the game from missing the shot?

#5840 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Often times my Dialed In doesn’t register shots in the right orbit. Usually it happens when I hit a hard fast shot.
I have my flipper power set to max. Which makes a perfect orbit hit sling around fast.

Are you testing with a ball or with a finger/stick etc? I would think just some adjustment might be needed if it is not registering with a ball.

#5841 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I've had this happen to me,more than once.

#5842 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Are you testing with a ball or with a finger/stick etc? I would think just some adjustment might be needed if it is not registering with a ball.

Testing with a finger. Everything seems good so not sure what to adjust?

ralphs007 maybe a software bug?

#5843 5 years ago

I find Superbands to make games quite a bit easier because of less bounce. I prefer the old bouncy rubber of yesteryear. My two cents.

#5844 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Testing with a finger. Everything seems good so not sure what to adjust?
ralphs007 maybe a software bug?

The opto should work with ball or finger. If the microswitch is registering when you press on it with your finger, then I would adjust it and roll a ball through to see if it registers that way. Do it both slowly and quickly. Then adjust the switch itself or the actuator so that it registers both ways.

#5845 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I find Superbands to make games quite a bit easier because of less bounce. I prefer the old bouncy rubber of yesteryear. My two cents.

I've heard this a number of times - but when I put on red rubber, my games are significantly LESS bouncy. Not sure what's going on here.

#5846 5 years ago

Is it the orbit or the ramp that’s not registering? I had a problem with the ramp, as a fast ball would jump over the switch on the wire ramp. Bending the metal plate before the wire a bit up or down might help or just adjust the switch to register higher balls as well.

#5847 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Is it the orbit or the ramp that’s not registering? I had a problem with the ramp, as a fast ball would jump over the switch on the wire ramp. Bending the metal plate before the wire a bit up or down might help or just adjust the switch to register higher balls as well.

It's the right orbit. My understanding is that the ball hits the switch, and the opto "qualifies" the shot as made as it sits at the apex. So short shots are rejected.

I don't see how it could airball to the switch? The switch works fine with an easy short movement. So not much to tweak on the switch that would make it any better?

I'm thinking it's a software bug, and related to my flipper power. Where it's so fast it misses the timing window?

#5848 5 years ago

Not sure which opto you are talking about. Right orbit has switch 52 as a rollover for right orbit enter and as a second switch the train two ramp made switch 47. switch 47 is the one i am talking about witch was not always registered at fast balls in my game. The ball was flying over the leaf. Bending it up helped and now even very fast balls sre registered.

#5849 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Cheers,
Lars

Was wondering the same thing about the "last ball"...

#5850 5 years ago

Question: Two of my drones are acting up in that the propellers don't spin. If I give them a couple of rotations by hand, they spin again, but only for a few times, and then they seize up again. Reading other posts, it seems that these drones are a common problem. I'm worried that if I get new ones, the same thing will happen eventually. Is it worth it for me to put a ticket in? The drones are cool, but I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble of replacing them only to have the new ones fail as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/117?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.