IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 273.
#5751 5 years ago

Together with sim memory on, it'd be way too easy. Either/or would be a nice setting.

How many Big Bangs can do most people earn during a game? I don't think it'd give you tons of SIM cards - maybe a couple. You'd still have to complete the modes.

I think it'd be nice to be an option.

#5752 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Together with sim memory on, it'd be way too easy. Either/or would be a nice setting.
How many Big Bangs can do most people earn during a game? I don't think it'd give you tons of SIM cards - maybe a couple. You'd still have to complete the modes.
I think it'd be nice to be an option.

I find it easy to light and hit Big Bang,but not so easy to hit sims.

#5753 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is me.

Typical decent game = play 3-4 modes, complete 1 with Big Bang, complete 1 by hitting all shots, crap out on two modes, miss 1 sim card, magically bank off drone area and make 1 sim. Hit another Big Bang on accident with no mode started. 300,000-600,000 points.

Feel shame.

Press Start again.

#5754 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yeah, but those Big Bangs get harder and harder to light the more you get. How many do most get during a game? 3-4?

#5755 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Yeah, but those Big Bangs get harder and harder to light the more you get. How many do most get during a game? 3-4?

Exactly. The idea is very easy, but even on a monster game how many to you really get? AND how many of those do you nail exactly when you need to? You're gonna have 1 or 2 mistakes bangs

#5756 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

This is me.
Typical decent game = play 3-4 modes, complete 1 with Big Bang, complete 1 by hitting all shots, crap out on two modes, miss 1 sim card, magically bank off drone area and make 1 sim. Hit another Big Bang on accident with no mode started. 300,000-600,000 points.
Feel shame.
Press Start again.

Yep. That sounds familiar.

#5757 5 years ago

Are you saying the number of hits increases to light Big Bang?

#5758 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Are you saying the number of hits increases to light Big Bang?

Yes. Each time you light it, it takes more hits the next time to light. It is color coded. Red is one hit away. Orange two. Yellow three. Blue or green is next.

#5759 5 years ago

On a couple occasions now, I've seen Fester's chair from Addam's Family and the gumball machine from TZ in the theater. I don't know how I got to those points.

How did they show up and what is their significance? Are there any other throwback images in the theater?

#5760 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

On a couple occasions now, I've seen Fester's chair from Addam's Family and the gumball machine from TZ in the theater. I don't know how I got to those points.
How did they show up and what is their significance? Are there any other throwback images in the theater?

Really? I need to focus on the theater more lol

#5761 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Really? I need to focus on the theater more lol

Yeah, they were both deeper into the game and probably have something to do with the theater modes. I've looked through the rules Wiki and couldn't find any references to them, though.

#5762 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Yeah, they were both deeper into the game and probably have something to do with the theater modes. I've looked through the rules Wiki and couldn't find any references to them, though.

get the hell out of here! those are in DI? Sweet.

#5763 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I have collected all of the SIM cards and completed the game 4 times this month on stock settings. It is defiantly consistently doable .
Make sure your upper flippers power is not set to high so you get rejects from good shots I have mine set on 14.
The way I get the SIM cards is hit the theater shot with the right flipper which gives the ball some good speed then aim for the upper ramp shot right above the tip of the flipper and with the speed of the ball helping it goes right into the Sim Hole.
[quoted image]

That's some good shootin.

#5764 5 years ago

The items like TAF fester‘s chair are available during bob‘s drones gone wild multi ball. If you hit the drone target one of those items appear in the theater and may be collected. I think the chair is also one of the examples in the manual.

#5765 5 years ago

I'm having a little issue with a string of GI lights. I think it happened when I was installing additional LED strips to the back box. Anyway, the right side of the GI isnt working. I've checked the fuses on the main board behind the LCD screen and they all check out. I've also checked all connectors under the PF. Any thoughts on where I should look next?

#5766 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Any thoughts on where I should look next?

Boards under the playfield. Itsy bitsy surface mounted fuses, LED next to them. Green - good , Red - bad.

LTG : )

#5767 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Holy crap... I have had this for awhile and I have never seen them!

#5768 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Holy crap... I have had this for awhile and I have never seen them!

Me neither; I have to look up at the theater more often!

#5769 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Boards under the playfield. Itsy bitsy surface mounted fuses, LED next to them. Green - good , Red - bad.

All the boards under the playfield are green. I didn't look for the fuses specifically, but I didn't see any red lights either.

#5770 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

The items like TAF fester‘s chair are available during bob‘s drones gone wild multi ball. If you hit the drone target one of those items appear in the theater and may be collected. I think the chair is also one of the examples in the manual.

I could swear that I had heard callouts from older games (maybe Funhouse) on DI, when I played it on location, but never since I've owned it. If this is something in the game, would be cool to know how that occurs.

#5771 5 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

I could swear that I had heard callouts from older games (maybe Funhouse) on DI, when I played it on location, but never since I've owned it. If this is something in the game, would be cool to know how that occurs.

You were probably near a Funhouse

#5772 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

All the boards under the playfield are green. I didn't look for the fuses specifically, but I didn't see any red lights either.

In your manual (either on screen, online, or physical) look at page c-94 and c-95. This shows the board under the playfield that controls the gi and flasher lights. I have had a couple of machines where the connectors on this board have wiggled loose. double check to see if they are tight.

extract 2.jpgextract 2.jpgpage extract.jpgpage extract.jpg
#5773 5 years ago

It looks like the TAF Fester's chair is shown in the manual. I know I've also seen the TZ gumball machine, too. There's likely other references.

This game is so cool.

Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 8.19.41 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-10-25 at 8.19.41 AM (resized).png

#5774 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

It looks like the TAF Fester's chair is shown in the manual. I know I've also seen the TZ gumball machine, too. There's likely other references.
This game is so cool.
[quoted image]

Oh yeah, sure is. At times I miss the TZ that I sold for Dialed In but I feel that a piece of TZ lives on in Dialed In as a couple shots really remind me of the game, same with the gameplay. Dialed In itself seems like it's paying homage to all of Pats great games through its code and gameplay. Overall its an incredible game.

#5775 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

In your manual (either on screen, online, or physical) look at page c-94 and c-95. This shows the board under the playfield that controls the gi and flasher lights. I have had a couple of machines where the connectors on this board have wiggled loose. double check to see if they are tight.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I did check this board and reseated the connectors that I thought went to the lights that were out (traced the wires back). But I will do them all again when I get home.

#5776 5 years ago

It would be all of the lights going to connector #2 on the diagram above.

#5777 5 years ago

To add, during the install of the LED strip, I turned the machine on to test the lights, but turned it off before fully booting (a couple times), plus I removed the phone scoop a few days after the install of the lights to install the Mantis scoop protector. I know a bundle of wires runs under where the phone scoop is, but I've checked all the connections there and all seems fine.

#5778 5 years ago

Where and how did you connect the led strips? What kind of strips are you using? How did you make the strip? You’ve created a short somewhere so think about these questions to resolve the issue. Do you have access to an external 12v source to test the strip independent of the game?

Some connectors are fully powered, like the topper plug, as soon as you flip the power switch so despite the game not fully booting, a short would create an issue?

Quoted from FatPanda:

To add, during the install of the LED strip, I turned the machine on to test the lights, but turned it off before fully booting (a couple times), plus I removed the phone scoop a few days after the install of the lights to install the Mantis scoop protector. I know a bundle of wires runs under where the phone scoop is, but I've checked all the connections there and all seems fine.

#5779 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Where and how did you connect the led strips? What kind of strips are you using? How did you make the strip? You’ve created a short somewhere so think about these questions to resolve the issue. Do you have access to an external 12v source to test the strip independent of the game?
Some connectors are fully powered, like the topper plug, as soon as you flip the power switch so despite the game not fully booting, a short would create an issue?

I used this LED strip
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HSF65MC

I soldered 18ga wiring from + to +, and - to - from the old strip to the new strip. I did a second length across the top, then soldered 2 separate lengths to run down the left side and the right side. On all of the new strips, I made sure to hot glue the soldered wires and use electrical tape around the solder points. On the original strip I just hot glued the wiring at the solder points. I can peel it up and try to get some tape underneath so that way it is not touching the metal case.

I disconnected the left and right strips so I can move the screen, but the second top strip is still connected.

#5780 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I used this LED strip
amazon.com link »
I soldered 18ga wiring from + to +, and - to - from the old strip to the new strip. I did a second length across the top, then soldered 2 separate lengths to run down the left side and the right side. On all of the new strips, I made sure to hot glue the soldered wires and us electrical tape around the solder points. On the original strip I just got glue the wiring at the solder points. I can peel it up and try to get some tap underneath so that way its not touching the metal case.
I disconnected the left and right strips so I can move the screen, but the second top strip is still connected.

Can you do a continuity test with a meter? My guess is upon soldering, the + and - are touching somewhere .

Set your meter to test for continuity, one probe on + the other on -. If you get a beep, that's your issue. Or just unplug the connector that powers the strip and test continuity off the pins...game off when doing this.

#5781 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Can you do a continuity test with a meter? My guess is upon soldering, the + and - are touching somewhere .
Set your meter to test for continuity, one probe on + the other on -. If you get a beep, that's your issue. Or just unplug the connector that powers the strip and test continuity off the pins...game off when doing this.

I can test that. Would the strips work if there was continuity between them? Will have to be when I get home today.

#5782 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh yeah, sure is. At times I miss the TZ that I sold for Dialed In but I feel that a piece of TZ lives on in Dialed In as a couple shots really remind me of the game, same with the gameplay. Dialed In itself seems like it's paying homage to all of Pats great games through its code and gameplay. Overall its an incredible game.

I think DI has a lot in common with TAF, at least layout-wise. Other than the pops being in a different location, I think you could point out a lot of similarities between the two games.

#5783 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I think DI has a lot in common with TAF, at least layout-wise. Other than the pops being in a different location, I think you could point out a lot of similarities between the two games.

I think there's more in common with TZ.

#5784 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They all look good to me unless I'm missing something.

20181025_154111 (resized).jpg20181025_154111 (resized).jpg20181025_154119 (resized).jpg20181025_154119 (resized).jpg20181025_154122 (resized).jpg20181025_154122 (resized).jpg20181025_154130 (resized).jpg20181025_154130 (resized).jpg20181025_154135 (resized).jpg20181025_154135 (resized).jpg20181025_154138 (resized).jpg20181025_154138 (resized).jpg20181025_154142 (resized).jpg20181025_154142 (resized).jpg20181025_154146 (resized).jpg20181025_154146 (resized).jpg
#5785 5 years ago

Reseated all the connectors and still no go

#5786 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Reseated all the connectors and still no go

Check the wire continuity on the chain of the effected leds.

#5787 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I clipped off all of the backbox lights and still no go.

#5788 5 years ago

It was a connector! I missed it when I went through the few times. Now I have to reconnect all of my backbox lights lol. Thanks!

#5789 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It was a connector! I missed it when I went through the few times. Now I have to reconnect all of my backbox lights lol. Thanks!

Ha, sorry for the delay. Small kids distracting, you know. Glad to see it is working.

#5790 5 years ago

Ha, sorry for the delay. Small kids distracting, you know. Glad to see it is working.

I hear ya! Got a 5 yr old and 3 yr old of my own

The connector was hiding underneath a bundle of wires so I didn't find it initially. The diagram you posted was the key!

#5791 5 years ago

Does the audio noise filter plug into the small board near the power supply or does it plug into the green computer speaker port on the motherboard?

#5792 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Does the audio noise filter plug into the small board near the power supply or does it plug into the green computer speaker port on the motherboard?

The computer port.

#5793 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Where can I pick up a noise filter?

#5794 5 years ago

Hope the update is out by Thanksgiving...looking forward to playing the new code with visiting friends/family.

snaroff

#5795 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hope the update is out by Thanksgiving...looking forward to playing the new code with visiting friends/family.
snaroff

Suppose to out this upcoming week i believe....

#5796 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Suppose to out this upcoming week i believe....

If I’m not mistaken, Ted said he didn’t have a specific timeframe but thought if there were no bugs it -could- be out the week after expo. Which I believe is indeed this week

#5797 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If I’m not mistaken, Ted said he didn’t have a specific timeframe but thought if there were no bugs it -could- be out the week after expo. Which I believe is indeed this week

Finger's crossed

#5798 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

JJP sent me one,and it works great! You can fill out a support form ,or just call them.

#5799 5 years ago

If you aren't under warranty, they sell them on their website or you can get one on amazon.com

#5800 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I got this one from Amazon. Five minute fix that works like a charm. PM me if you need help installing.

https://images.pinside.com/a/99/a99f384ee125aa47f76fe1573b182b0509290969/resized/large/a99f384ee125aa47f76fe1573b182b0509290969.png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/116?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.