Topic Stats

• 9,048 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Green-Machine
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9048 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 181.
#5701 10 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Had two SIM cards lit, ball drained. Launch the ball and hit the sim shot from the upper flipper first shot, then on the return hit the Big Bang and bounced into the sim shot not once, but twice in a row. So drained with two lit, then made the shot three times in a row with three shots. Had to change the game after that one

Yep. That’s how the game goes. DIE is evil and they taunt you like that.

#5702 10 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Had two SIM cards lit, ball drained. Launch the ball and hit the sim shot from the upper flipper first shot, then on the return hit the Big Bang and bounced into the sim shot not once, but twice in a row. So drained with two lit, then made the shot three times in a row with three shots. Had to change the game after that one

Switch it to Sims staying lit after drain. I resisted for almost a year, but I finally caved. I now have deep games and enjoy the machine much more. The shot is so difficult that it should have been this way stock. It truly makes the game waaaaaay better. For the record, I jack all my machines up to steep angles and typically set rules to as difficult as possible. The only game I've left stock is The Shadow, and the only game I've nerfed is DI. I've made Armageddon only once on the old code, and I still have only spelled D-I-A-L-E-D with sim memory on, so it doesn't make the game easy. Give it a try. You won't regret it.

#5703 10 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Switch it to Sims staying lit after drain. I resisted for almost a year, but I finally caved. I now have deep games and enjoy the machine much more. The shot is so difficult that it should have been this way stock. It truly makes the game waaaaaay better. For the record, I jack all my machines up to steep angles and typically set rules to as difficult as possible. The only game I've left stock is The Shadow, and the only game I've nerfed is DI. I've made Armageddon only once on the old code, and I still have only spelled D-I-A-L-E-D with sim memory on, so it doesn't make the game easy. Give it a try. You won't regret it.

Does it stay lit for the rest of the game or only after one drain?

#5704 10 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Does it stay lit for the rest of the game or only after one drain?

If you turn it on you can never go back. It's an option though & you still may only hit it once every 2 years; up to you if you you think it's worth it.

It seems to be one of the steepest peeks to reach for sure.

#5705 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you turn it on you can never go back. It's an option though & you still may only hit it once every 2 years; up to you if you you think it's worth it.
It seems to be one of the steepest peeks to reach for sure.

Gotta risk it to get that biscuit

#5706 10 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Gotta risk it to get that biscuit

If you call it a biscuit. Some call it government cheese.

I mean if you have more fun with this massively expensive thing then by all mean do
it...but I gotta give some shit.

#5707 10 months ago

Dialed In is frankly a brutal game with teeth. I have no qualms setting it to hold SIM card.

#5708 10 months ago

Nevertheless it is also very motivating. Hard, but fair...

And my feeling is, the code update will make it even more motivating. I.e. the new way the electrical guy is moved during ball drops from the theater will eliminate frustrating sdtm drains.

I am still hoping for an update for the weekend (hope never dies). But also an update early next week would be fine, as there is a public holiday in Germany next Thursday so a lot of time to update and play during the week.

#5709 10 months ago

I tried holding SIM but it felt like cheating. That feeling you get when beating a mode and knowing the next drain will lose your sim is such a rush.

Bring on the new code

#5710 10 months ago

The good: Still no Sim hold after a year today, GC of 5.5m
The bad: My teen son's GC, not mine

Excited for code! Thanks, Ted and team!

#5711 10 months ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Dialed In is frankly a brutal game with teeth. I have no qualms setting it to hold SIM card.

Agreed. Mine is a drain monster. I may put the front legs on wheels so I can nudge that heavy pig. I can shake IMDN like it's a feather.

#5712 10 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I tried holding SIM but it felt like cheating. That feeling you get when beating a mode and knowing the next drain will lose your sim is such a rush.
Bring on the new code

I get that criticism. If they added more ways to get light sim it would balance the game better. Stock it feels like buck Hunter: the game is nearly impossible to finish. You should be able to light the sim with a number of jackpots in regular multiballs and after doing well on Bob modes. I wish they left it on stock. Then it wouldn't feel like a nerf. Its nice to see the phone background change into the different backgrounds once in a while, so I find the hold a lesser of evils. I refuse to narrow the outlines!

#5713 10 months ago

Like RBION on crack... Gonna take forever to get all the sim cards

#5714 10 months ago

I’ve had the game for a year but I’ve been out of town half that time and the game wasn’t close to 100% until a few weeks ago (left ramp wouldn’t register) but I’ve been able to get four SIM cards in one game before. In that game I had two more lit so I wasn’t far off, and that was on old old code. I think it’s actually possible, but obviously hard to make it to all eight cards. I’m going to see how the new code is but as for now I think I could get there with a great game without the save lit SIM cards so I’ll keep it off. See how it goes in another year ha

#5715 10 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I get that criticism. If they added more ways to get light sim it would balance the game better. Stock it feels like buck Hunter: the game is nearly impossible to finish. You should be able to light the sim with a number of jackpots in regular multiballs and after doing well on Bob modes. I wish they left it on stock. Then it wouldn't feel like a nerf. Its nice to see the phone background change into the different backgrounds once in a while, so I find the hold a lesser of evils. I refuse to narrow the outlines!

I believe you can earn sims from bob modes.... well at least the multi balls

#5716 10 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Agreed. Mine is a drain monster. I may put the front legs on wheels so I can nudge that heavy pig. I can shake IMDN like it's a feather.

That’s because DI weighs about 10x IMDN! I just moved both last night and IMDN I moved entirely by myself - DI i needed the help of 3 elephants, a WWE wrestler and a pack mule!

#5717 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Like RBION on crack... Gonna take forever to get all the sim cards

I haven’t really played RBION; is there something similar to collect on that game that is also a tough/lucky shot?

#5718 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I haven’t really played RBION; is there something similar to collect on that game that is also a tough/lucky shot?

You get 'Ripley' letters for completing modes, but there's not a shot to collect. You just get them when you meet the requirement.

#5719 10 months ago

That's the crack part, more modes to finish on Dialed in and you have to hit the damn shot.
I've owned RBION for 6 years and made it to Atlantis 2 times (I think 2), and have never made the Frog Frenzy mode. And I'll be damned if this one isn;t looking real tough

#5720 10 months ago

Sim memory on by default would be nice in the new code.

#5721 10 months ago

So....
It's after expo now. When will the new code drop??
I have no patience

#5722 10 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Good point about getting deeper into the game.At my skill level,I don't get very deep. I did try a couple of games using the carry over a couple of months ago,but then, I want back to the default setting. I couldn't live with the guilt.
I'm gonna give the carry over feature a try for one week,just to see what a good player gets to see,and then I'll go back to the default setting.

#5723 10 months ago

I'm personally in the camp of supporting the way SIM cards are collected as of today. There are 3 wizard modes in the game and only the last requires all of the SIM cards to be collected. I think having to collect all of the SIM cards for the games final wizard mode should be extremely difficult and be something that is only achieved on an incredible game. Reducing the difficulty to achieve the mode would diminish the challenge, and the reward of reaching the games final wizard mode.

Dialed In's final wizard mode is this games Valinor and Somewhere Over the Rainbow super wizard mode where only rarely do you hear of someone reaching it on default settings. It's a mode where as an owner of the game you can try to reach it for years and always have something to go after because of it.

A cousin of mine has had a LOTR since it was released, has played over 5k games on it and just recently reached Valinor. He was blown away that after over 10 years of ownership and 5k games that he still discovered a new mode to play. That's what a super mode like Showdown in Dialed In are for

#5724 10 months ago

I still think the big bang should collect a sim card if lit.

#5725 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I still think the big bang should collect a sim card if lit.

I lobbied for this on the stream of the new code. Ted said no way.

#5726 10 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Ahhh man.

#5727 10 months ago

Heres a crazy idea. With the next update pretty much completing the code would anyone consider paying X number of dollars for a second city block of disaster modes? Typically I would be against such an idea but Dialed In's code is super deep and offers a lot to do. A second city block of 11 additional disaster modes would appear on the LCD and change the entire look of the LCD as it would be another area of Quantum City. Maybe at the start of the game you select what block of modes you want to play.

#5728 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Heres a crazy idea. With the next update pretty much completing the code would anyone consider paying X number of dollars for a second city block of disaster modes? Typically I would be against such an idea but Dialed In's code is super deep and offers a lot to do. A second city block of 11 additional disaster modes would appear on the LCD and change the entire look of the LCD as it would be another area of Quantum City. Maybe at the start of the game you select what block of modes you want to play.

While I'd be all for new/varied animations on the screen - 11 more modes seems like massive overkill. It's not like they'd be functionally much different than the ones already there.

#5729 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Heres a crazy idea. With the next update pretty much completing the code would anyone consider paying X number of dollars for a second city block of disaster modes?

This has come up before on many games and I'll always be against paying for more content. Just breeds greed

#5730 10 months ago

Good points. I also think it may open a slippery slope of companies including less code initially to only offer it later as "DLC".

#5731 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'd definitely be happy about the option to add paid new content to the machine. If machines ever get Internet connectivity, paid content expansion packs would be a great way for companies to monetize machines and increase their value/retention with owners.

#5732 10 months ago

So long as they don't charge a premium "because it's pinball" price. I pay for updates on apps and games for a reasonable amount but I could see pinball machines gouging us.

#5733 10 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

So....
It's after expo now. When will the new code drop??
I have no patience

Sounds like early next week.

#5734 10 months ago

I'm hoping that the QED guy is coded to help prevent sdtm because with all this new focus on qtmb, it could really get frustrating to play.

Even in the stream, I noticed a bunch of drops from the theatre right down the middle.

I often even avoid the theatre shots because most times the reward is not worth the risk.

Let's see what they do with this new code....

#5735 10 months ago

Two suggestions I hope made it into the 2.0 code.....

1) Operator control of whether the theatre playfield backlight is on or off when showing items on theatre. On = Pinball 2000 style where ball 'hits' item on the screen. Off = How it is now where ball goes under item on screen.

2) Rocket-style launch animation (an ode to TZ) on theatre screen when ball is kicked out of skill shot slot.

#5736 10 months ago

Please don't even talk about DLC! We already pay butts to play these machines at home. Plus ops would likely not pay for DLC because of operating costs. This would most certainly keep me out of any machine that has this.

#5737 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm personally in the camp of supporting the way SIM cards are collected as of today. There are 3 wizard modes in the game and only the last requires all of the SIM cards to be collected. I think having to collect all of the SIM cards for the games final wizard mode should be extremely difficult and be something that is only achieved on an incredible game. Reducing the difficulty to achieve the mode would diminish the challenge, and the reward of reaching the games final wizard mode.
Dialed In's final wizard mode is this games Valinor and Somewhere Over the Rainbow super wizard mode where only rarely do you hear of someone reaching it on default settings. It's a mode where as an owner of the game you can try to reach it for years and always have something to go after because of it.
A cousin of mine has had a LOTR since it was released, has played over 5k games on it and just recently reached Valinor. He was blown away that after over 10 years of ownership and 5k games that he still discovered a new mode to play. That's what a super mode like Showdown in Dialed In are for

Agree with this 100% - you are spot on. I've got all factory settings, and have owned it for almost a year now. Have got to Armageddon 4 or 5 times, but my best SIM card collection is 6 out of 8. To me, this is the perfect balance - the final goal is achievable, but i've got have an absolute cracker of a game to get there. The CIQC and Armageddon modes help you feel as though a decent game has been worthwhile, but not achieving the final mode means you need to keep on working. I love ACDC for the same reason - i've kept it all on factory settings, and had Encore lit once, but couldn't make the shot...i pretty much just smiled when i drained as i knew then it was achievable, even though i didn't get it.

Also, i've played a few other Dialed In's recently, and setup is critical for this game. Two were quite flat, played really slowly and it actually made some of the shots harder and less reliable.

#5738 10 months ago
Quoted from robm:

Agree with this 100% - you are spot on. I've got all factory settings, and have owned it for almost a year now. Have got to Armageddon 4 or 5 times, but my best SIM card collection is 6 out of 8. To me, this is the perfect balance - the final goal is achievable, but i've got have an absolute cracker of a game to get there. The CIQC and Armageddon modes help you feel as though a decent game has been worthwhile, but not achieving the final mode means you need to keep on working. I love ACDC for the same reason - i've kept it all on factory settings, and had Encore lit once, but couldn't make the shot...i pretty much just smiled when i drained as i knew then it was achievable, even though i didn't get it.
Also, i've played a few other Dialed In's recently, and setup is critical for this game. Two were quite flat, played really slowly and it actually made some of the shots harder and less reliable.

I'm in the camp of disagreeing. I think in a home environment, you should be able to beat your game at least once a year, preferably a little more. How on earth is anyone going to beat it on route?

Every machine I have other than Dialed In is rarely conquered, but it does happen now and then. TZ more than Shadow, Shadow more than STTNG. I love the game, but I see the sim shot as the game's tragic flaw. It is not possible to dial in (no pun intended). Even the most skilled players argue that the shot is too tight and must be approached by finding bank shots and relying on fluke. In my opinion, to balance this issue, you need to be able to light it easier or have it carry over. They could help this issue in the code is what I'm saying.

A generally skilled player finishing a game once per year in a home environment is not asking for too much.

#5739 10 months ago

Now that game code is almost complete, it would be nice if they did more with the app/bluetooth functionality to make that actually appealing to use. As it stands, it is a novelty...

#5740 10 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm in the camp of disagreeing. I think in a home environment, you should be able to beat your game at least once a year, preferably a little more. How on earth is anyone going to beat it on route?
Every machine I have other than Dialed In is rarely conquered, but it does happen now and then. TZ more than Shadow, Shadow more than STTNG. I love the game, but I see the sim shot as the game's tragic flaw. It is not possible to dial in (no pun intended). Even the most skilled players argue that the shot is too tight and must be approached by finding bank shots and relying on fluke. In my opinion, to balance this issue, you need to be able to light it easier or have it carry over. They could help this issue in the code is what I'm saying.
A generally skilled player finishing a game once per year in a home environment is not asking for too much.

I have collected all of the SIM cards and completed the game 4 times this month on stock settings. It is defiantly consistently doable .

Make sure your upper flippers power is not set to high so you get rejects from good shots I have mine set on 14.

The way I get the SIM cards is hit the theater shot with the right flipper which gives the ball some good speed then aim for the upper ramp shot right above the tip of the flipper and with the speed of the ball helping it goes right into the Sim Hole.
3BD2E268-3572-4C91-879E-8EC39D94EA3D (resized).jpeg

#5741 10 months ago

What does this mean? Last time I played, I turned off the game before it went to the Match sequence.

20181024_154908 (resized).jpg
#5742 10 months ago

That indicates that you didn't play an entire game.
In fact it looks like you didn't even drain your first ball when you turned your machine off.

#5743 10 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My Dialed In on location has been beaten at least once, of that I am sure. Of course, it was a world class player

#5744 10 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

That indicates that you didn't play an entire game.
In fact it looks like you didn't even drain your first ball when you turned your machine off.

Ok. This makes sense. I'm pretty sure it was a 3 ball game and I'm pretty sure the score was much higher than that, but no big deal. Thanks!

#5745 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I have collected all of the SIM cards and completed the game 4 times this month on stock settings. It is defiantly consistently doable .
Make sure your upper flippers power is not set to high so you get rejects from good shots I have mine set on 14.
The way I get the SIM cards is hit the theater shot with the right flipper which gives the ball some good speed then aim for the upper ramp shot right above the tip of the flipper and with the speed of the ball helping it goes right into the Sim Hole.
[quoted image]

Either you are/should be a top tournament player or the game is set up super easy to beat it that regularly?

#5746 10 months ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Either you are/should be a top tournament player or the game is set up super easy to beat it that regularly?

It is set up with a tight tilt and stock settings 6.5 degrees out lanes factory.

Thanks for the compliment maybe I should try a couple tourneys .

#5747 10 months ago

You are a good player.
My high score after almost 1,000 plays is 2.6 million.
Most sim cards collected = 3.
Maybe I should carry over the sim card b/w balls? But I like the difficulty.

#5748 10 months ago

I can't imagine keeping the SIM card on stock setting, as it stands I barely get many letters with the carry over turned on. That being said if I ever need more of a challenge I can always set it back to stock.

#5749 10 months ago

I love difficulty too. It just seems that the balance is off with stock settings. Look at a game like TZ. Completing the door is doable for most good players. I made extra balls harder to get and no xball carry over so that I complete it once maybe every six to eight months. With DI it just feels like I'll have to have a dream game filled with fluke to achieve something that I should, as a home collector and good player, see now and then. I believe code could fix most of this issue. Sim either needs to be lit more often or sims need to be collected elsewhere as well.

Pinball pal is the only person I've ever heard claim to nail the shot with consistency.

#5750 10 months ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Way too easy

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9048 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 181.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside