IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 273.
#5651 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I just received the manual this week. WOW! Very high quality. I’ve never seen a nicer pin manual.

Picture(s) of it?

#5652 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Subtle changes you say? But then you mentioned balance on crazy modes and multiball, which were the biggest and nearly the only complaints! THAT'S HUUUGE! I used to avoid starting crazy modes and multiballs, unless I needed a sim card or assistance with a mode, and now I can look forward to playing them! That's the best update ever! There's nothing subtle about any of that.
This game felt nearly complete for me, and my only other complaint was the animations on the phone, which they are still working on. This game is already fantastic, and the few more additions are only making it even better. QTMB? Yes please, because now the skill shots and spider/train/drone/kilowatt targets are worth something too! Instead of focusing on finishing modes for points, there are now a plethora of areas in which to earn points. Strategy = Widened.
I can't wait for this download...

I see your point. Don’t get me wrong, I’m also happy that the update is coming out. By “subtle” I just meant that the game play felt pretty much the same as what I was used to. Since I almost always go after mb and crazy modes anyway (I think they’re fun), with the new code now you are just properly rewarded for them.

The QT multiball is a major change, however, it appears to be pretty difficult to achieve.

#5653 5 years ago

This game is nuts! I played a handful of times this week and couldn’t break 500k. Today I got sucked in and found that this game really has that “one more game” feel to it. I’ve probably played about 25 games today, got allot better and consistent with combos and shots, and made it to some crazy multi ball level - plus beat my previous high score by a million! LOVE IT!

Ps... I agree the phone animations need to be fixed.... rendering those can’t take that long can it? Also - I’d like to be able to fast cancel with flippers the scoring animations and music after a ball drain... or at least rotate the exit screen music and animation - like they do at the intro.

177B93CC-D60D-4FA6-8F2A-A8A13CFC5C39 (resized).jpeg177B93CC-D60D-4FA6-8F2A-A8A13CFC5C39 (resized).jpeg
#5654 5 years ago

On the new code does anyone know if there is a SIM card available now from chaos in quantum city MB? (I think it’s the chaos MB, what you start for shooting the photo after playing six modes/disasters I could be off on the name)

Also is there a SIM card available from the new quantum theater MB?

#5655 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

On the new code does anyone know if there is a SIM card available now from chaos in quantum city MB? (I think it’s the chaos MB, what you start for shooting the photo after playing six modes/disasters I could be off on the name)

It was stated somewhere that this is fixed in the new code...

#5656 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

No SIM card from Chaos in Quantum City.

I don't think there is a SIM card from QTMB. I watched the video from JJP and it looked like only jackpots were the goal, plus in the explanation, nobody mentioned a SIM card.

EDIT: OH. do you mean the ability to collect already lit sim cards? Damn I have no idea...

#5657 5 years ago

Patiently waiting for new code to drop... hopefully its very soon

#5658 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

This game is nuts! I played a handful of times this week and couldn’t break 500k. Today I got sucked in and found that this game really has that “one more game” feel to it. I’ve probably played about 25 games today, got allot better and consistent with combos and shots, and made it to some crazy multi ball level - plus beat my previous high score by a million! LOVE IT!
Ps... I agree the phone animations need to be fixed.... rendering those can’t take that long can it? Also - I’d like to be able to fast cancel with flippers the scoring animations and music after a ball drain... or at least rotate the exit screen music and animation - like they do at the intro.

If you hold the flipper buttons down, it'll go through the end screen quicker.

I agree about that "one more game" feel. I originally played this game at The Sanctum in CT. They had about 6 brand new games, and of those maybe 2-3 of I was eager to try. Dialed In wasn't even on my radar. I played the other games first and came away unimpressed each time. Meanwhile DI had a line of people waiting to play it, so I figured that maybe I should get in line too or else I wouldn't get a chance. When I finally started to hit the ball around, I almost instantly felt a sense of joy and satisfaction. The game is so smooth and shoots like butter. There is a clear path of where to go and what to shoot. The modes are fun, humor is subtle, lights and sounds add to the feeling of the game. I was blown away! I played it as much as I could, and then drove home (4.5 hours away) dreaming about this game the whole ride home. Researched it for weeks. Found another in Canada and played the hell out of it as much as I could.

I eventually bought one a few weeks later. I can't stop playing it. It's amazing through and through. In my opinion (*takes a deep breath*) it's the greatest pinball machine of all time, and it's not even complete yet! I'm so amazed that I own it and get to play it whenever I want.

I also love how secretly dark it is. Dialed In Electronics........ DIE. The creepy eyeball that blinks at you. The creepy laughs from some guy in the background when he shocks your balls and makes you drain. The "Now You're Dialed In" muffled voice before the start of a multiball...... dude. Awesome mixture of light-heartedness and evilness.

#5659 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Chaos multiball?

#5660 5 years ago

No SIM card from Chaos in Quantum City.
I don't think there is a SIM card from QTMB. I watched the video from JJP and it looked like only jackpots were the goal, plus in the explanation, nobody mentioned a SIM card.
EDIT: OH. do you mean the ability to collect already lit sim cards? Damn I have no idea...

Sorry I don’t mean the ability to collect already lit SIM cards but the ability to light a SIM card. I think it was mentioned months ago this was planned for the next update but not sure if it’s still in the mix.

#5661 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Sorry I don’t mean the ability to collect already lit SIM cards but the ability to light a SIM card. I think it was mentioned months ago this was planned for the next update but not sure if it’s still in the mix.

It would certainly make sense; you get SIM cards for completing the other non-attack multiballs

#5662 5 years ago

Anybody know if they've stated that this is the final code update? I know the manuals just went out, but I'm hoping there might be future tweaks.

#5663 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Anybody know if they've stated that this is the final code update? I know the manuals just went out, but I'm hoping there might be future tweaks.

I don’t know, but my guess is that this is it. There may be a bug fix here or there, but I’m guessing the major rules and updates are done.

#5664 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Do you have something specific in mind? I can't even think of anything that would need to be done.

#5665 5 years ago

Do you have something specific in mind? I can't even think of anything that would need to be done.

There's still static images on the main display in place of animations. They said they'd get to it later when they have more time in the stream.

#5666 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

There's still static images on the main display in place of animations. They said they'd get to it later when they have more time in the stream.

Do you have the update already? I remember hearing that they were doing final rendering during the stream and would include it in the release. I for one, would like to see a proper “ending” to the game since it is so story heavy with the DIE guys trying to get the phone back. It would make all the multiballs worth it as far as continuing the story.

#5667 5 years ago

Expo is over, right? Did anybody hear anything if the code was successfully tested there, or if any bigger bugs were detected? I hope the code went through the testings without any bigger issues and will be released very soon

#5668 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

How do you know you want "tweaks" for a code you haven't even played yet?

#5669 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do you have the update already?

No, I don't. There's still some non-rendered images in place of animations on the backbox LCD. Crazy Bob during the game start is one example. During the stream, they said they aren't going to get to that for this release. It'll nee to be revisited "when they have time".

#5670 5 years ago

I hope the new code, makes the Sim card scoop a little bigger.

#5671 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I hope the new code, makes the Sim card scoop a little bigger.

take off the protector and put mylar around the hole. Makes a huge difference.

#5672 5 years ago

Any news on anticipated code update release date???? I'm jonesing.

#5673 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

No, I don't. There's still some non-rendered images in place of animations on the backbox LCD. Crazy Bob during the game start is one example.

Clarification: Your observation relates to what was shared in the stream a week ago. The code in games at the JJP booth at Pinball Expo is newer than what was shared on the stream. No static images. All of the phone character animations are in.

I don't have a firm release date yet. I'm aiming to have new code posted early next week. I'm still waiting on a few items.
--Ted

#5674 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

No, I don't. There's still some non-rendered images in place of animations on the backbox LCD. Crazy Bob during the game start is one example. During the stream, they said they aren't going to get to that for this release. It'll nee to be revisited "when they have time".

Gotcha, I misunderstood - I thought they had said “these are being rendered now...”

Man I do hope this isn’t the last update. This game is awesome but i definitely wouldn’t mind some additions

#5675 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Hole wear isn't really about the surface like mylar would protect thought, is it? It's more about the edges that it bangs into.

#5677 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Clarification: Your observation relates to what was shared in the stream a week ago. The code in games at the JJP booth at Pinball Expo is newer than what was shared on the stream. No static images. All of the phone character animations are in.
I don't have a firm release date yet. I'm aiming to have new code posted early next week. I'm still waiting on a few items.
--Ted

Woo hoo!! That’s what I thought the situation was. Wow!

#5678 5 years ago

I'm hosting some pinheads new to Dialed In over the weekend. Was looking forward to showing the Dialed In with the new code.

#5679 5 years ago

--Ted

That's great to hear Ted, thanks. Looking forward to seeing the new animations and playing Theater Multiball.

#5680 5 years ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

I'm hosting some pinheads new to Dialed In over the weekend. Was looking forward to showing the Dialed In with the new code.

Don't you love the pin anyway? That's why you bought it, right?

It'll be fine. If anything, they'll love the game and then you can say "and there is a new update coming in a week, so it'll be even better!"

#5681 5 years ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

You could reduce it to .75 a play because of the inconvenience!

#5682 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Well I've never had a protector on and it's still hard

#5683 5 years ago

Fun Game, I played the crap out of it about a year ago.
Twd is a better game IMO!

#5684 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

You could reduce it to .75 a play because of the inconvenience!

LOL

#5685 5 years ago

In this video Pat Lawlor takes you from the first white wood to the final dialed in design. Really a fun listen if you have the time and would like to know how dialed in was developed.

#5686 5 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

Fun Game, I played the crap out of it about a year ago.
Twd is a better game IMO!

You sir,are just wrong!lol

#5687 5 years ago

Anyone find any issues with the manual?

Just got mine today, and there is a printing issue throughout the entire book. I used to work in printing, so I'm maybe picky, but it's pretty bad. It really shows in the last part of the book with the pictures and artwork. Bummed!

This shows the dirty rollers/low ink issue that runs over every other page of the book.
IMG_20181022_184230 (resized).jpgIMG_20181022_184230 (resized).jpg

Here is some smudging. I could only find two pages with it.
IMG_20181022_183904 (resized).jpgIMG_20181022_183904 (resized).jpg

#5688 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Just got mine today, and there is a printing issue throughout the entire book. I used to work in printing, so I'm maybe picky, but it's pretty bad. It really shows in the last part of the book with the pictures and artwork. Bummed!

This shows the dirty rollers/low ink issue that runs over every other page of the book.

Please check with them. Maybe you got a bad one.

LTG : )

#5689 5 years ago

my book doesn't look like that. In fact I'm still blown away by how much ink they used for this manual. It's like the opposite of being green but damn it I appreciate it! I am so impressed with JJP. Make that GnR so I can give you my money!

#5690 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

my book doesn't look like that. In fact I'm still blown away by how much ink they used for this manual. It's like the opposite of being green but damn it I appreciate it! I am so impressed with JJP. Make that GnR so I can give you my money!

Thanks for letting me know. I'll contact jjp support.

#5691 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Mine looks like this as well; I was a bit bummed out, but it still looks really nice on most pages

#5692 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

In this video Pat Lawlor takes you from the first white wood to the final dialed in design. Really a fun listen if you have the time and would like to know how dialed in was developed.

Now I want a zombie cats mode.

#5693 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Mine is like that in the last set of pages going over the production of the game. I haven’t checked all the other pages, but from what I saw, the main sections looked good.

#5694 5 years ago

Yep most of my last pages have a small line ... no big deal.. still a amazing manual

#5695 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Oh wow. The original name of the game was "Killer App". I never knew that. This is mentioned around minute 46.

#5696 5 years ago

I’m new to this game just a week owning it and love how smooth everything shoots except that f***en SIM card shot. I thought the hyper space ramp on SW was hard to hit . I’m sure a few more days and maybe I’ll be able to hit it once out of ten shots. I really love how you have to actually play the modes out to earn a SIM card that gives you a chance at a high score. This game deserves a round of applause

#5697 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

... I’m sure a few more days and maybe I’ll be able to hit it once out of ten shots. ...

Doubt it. lol.

#5698 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I’m new to this game just a week owning it and love how smooth everything shoots except that f***en SIM card shot. I thought the hyper space ramp on SW was hard to hit . I’m sure a few more days and maybe I’ll be able to hit it once out of ten shots. I really love how you have to actually play the modes out to earn a SIM card that gives you a chance at a high score. This game deserves a round of applause

I definitely make the SIM card shot more from ricochets than from the upper flipper. That’s a very tough shot.

#5699 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I definitely make the SIM card shot more from ricochets than from the upper flipper. That’s a very tough shot.

If the "Big Bang" shot isn't lit, I'll aim up there and have better luck than the with using the upper flipper.

My favorite method is using the drone magnet. It's not intentional, but it's awesome when it makes it.

#5700 5 years ago

Had two SIM cards lit, ball drained. Launch the ball and hit the sim shot from the upper flipper first shot, then on the return hit the Big Bang and bounced into the sim shot not once, but twice in a row. So drained with two lit, then made the shot three times in a row with three shots. Had to change the game after that one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 22.50
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/114?hl=pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.