IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 273.
#5601 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Anyone here have a standard version? It's already hard to justify 8k.... that extra grand doesnt seem worth it. Your thoughts?
Edit: Nevermind. I searched the thread and got my answer lol

Nice LE on the market place right now with only 430+ games on it, fellow is asking 7699.

#5602 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Nice LE on the market place right now with only 430+ games on it, fellow is asking 7699.

Funny, I just bumped that ad. Awesome price for sure.

#5603 5 years ago

That is a crazy good price.

I’m trying to see how often my theater screen is acting up. When you start the game should there be anything playing on the screen?

#5604 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

...with only 430+ games on it...

***Rant Warning***

I wish that people would not post the 'games' metric in their ads. This is completely unverifiable without a continuous video stream since the game was originally unboxed. Certainly it is no more of a reliable wear indicator than the word 'used.'

Experienced shoppers ignore this description and the uninformed are liable to misunderstand. After the new code drops next week, according the to audits section I will have a machine with less than 100 games on it. Even though I have owned it and played it for a year now.

Rant over, back to Dialed In

#5605 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I wish that people would not post the 'games' metric in their ads. This is completely unverifiable without a continuous video stream since the game was originally unboxed. Certainly it is no more of a reliable wear indicator than the word 'used.'

Experienced shoppers ignore this description and the uninformed are liable to misunderstand. After the new code drops next week, according the to audits section I will have a machine with less than 100 games on it. Even though I have owned it and played it for a year now.

The game was made in January of 2018, it was made and released with the current version of code that's out right now. There should be no reason knowing this as of now that the seller game count might be inaccurate. However if the code has come along ways since created I'd say your right the buyer should be aware that the games played may not be accurate.

#5606 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Does anyone know if this is a delta download?

As far as I know, yes.

LTG : )

#5607 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Just received my DI manual and wow, very impressive.
It’s massive and extremely well laid out.
This manual is in a whole different league from any other I’ve seen.

Do you have to request it from JJP?

#5608 5 years ago

I don't own one, but I'm a fan now!

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG
#5609 5 years ago

@mulder2010: In Toronto I had to request my manual from my local distributor, Player One.
You may wish to reach out to JJP directly to enquire about best way to secure it locally.

#5610 5 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Do you have to request it from JJP?

Go to JJP and open up a support form.Then click on DI Manual from the case type options.
Screenshot (10) (resized).pngScreenshot (10) (resized).png

#5611 5 years ago

Just joined the club

0065A162-26E5-4FB1-9CB0-30F40F73F47B (resized).jpeg0065A162-26E5-4FB1-9CB0-30F40F73F47B (resized).jpeg
#5612 5 years ago

was anybody already able to check out the new code at expo? Or been able to talk to the JJP team and get any new infos?

I am really looking forward for the update. I thought somebody told a release would be possible by end of this week (Thursday or Friday) but now I see Expo is running until sunday... ;(

#5613 5 years ago

They’re testing it at expo and if there are no bugs it’ll be released to the public shortly after that, so I think we’re still a week or two away if not more (unfortunately).

#5614 5 years ago

Is it normal that you only scratch off the first lottery ticket, then have the rest of them automatically get scratched for you? Or is there a setting for this?

I'll start Lottery Ticket, wave to scratch off the first one, then for every ticket I get after that, it scratches off automatically.

#5615 5 years ago

My lottery tickets behave pretty much like that too.

#5616 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is it normal that you only scratch off the first lottery ticket, then have the rest of them automatically get scratched for you? Or is there a setting for this?
I'll start Lottery Ticket, wave to scratch off the first one, then for every ticket I get after that, it scratches off automatically.

It does this for me too, I wish there was a way to make it more interactive. Sometimes the first one scratches automatically too. :/

#5617 5 years ago

Mine also, so I think it’s normal. But I like to see to wave for every ticket. Maybe they change it with the upcoming update

#5618 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The ticket scratching is just based on movement in the camera. If you just move your body a bit, that counts. You don't have to specifically wave your hand.

#5619 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The ticket scratching is just based on movement in the camera. If you just move your body a bit, that counts. You don't have to specifically wave your hand.

Maybe, but mine scratches without movement.

#5620 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Maybe, but mine scratches without movement.

You're a statue when you play? Really?

#5621 5 years ago

Ok, just making sure it wasnt just me.

#5622 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

...he plays like a statue becomes part of the machine...

#5623 5 years ago

I think it'd be more fun if it took a major movement.

#5624 5 years ago

1. What’s the verdict on a playfield protector for Dialed In? Does anyone use one or are they needed or do they just muck up game play and your play field? (I don’t use a screen protector on my iphone lol).

2. I’m just purchasing DI so do I need in this new of a table cliffys or are the stock ones good?

3. What are the best mirror blades to purchase and where?

4. What are the overall best balls to buy and experience?

5. Do I need to order and replace (like required on all Stern tables lol - this will be my first (Tesla) JJP and think it will end (Yugo) sterns from now on - honestly could they make their high priced tables any cheaper? Stern IPs can be good, but table quality is subpar. I purchased Batman 66 and had to replace: speakers/sound system, all rubber/gaskets, balls, add all kinds of extra lighting to light play field properly, tone down very loud flipper components (if play at night, no one can sleep), which JJPs are almost silent by comparison, and on and on, so done with Stern unless they up their game, they charge near JJP levels and give subpar quality, I’d rather have better game play/investment/quality rather than pay a ton for an IP) all the rubber/gaskets?

Thanks for your help in advance. Very excited to join all you Dialed In owners. Studied all the JJP tables:

A. WOZ - Never liked the movie and the table doesn’t seem to be at the level of play that DI is at.
B. TH - plain and simply not a good investment and boring gameplay.
C. DI - could be the best designed game ever, certainly in this century. Great investment and theme: “Oh, and for those still unsure, DIALED IN! IS NOT A GAME ABOUT A CELL PHONE. Sheesh.”
D. POTC - since they dropped 3 spinning disk and opening treasure chest, it is not even close to Dialed In. Really didn’t need the IP expense on that table. Could have themed it as a Pirates table and sold even better, because all license money could have gone into better table experience
E. Toy Story - YES, new movie next year, will be first in line to buy! Would not be good JJP company strategy to launch WW first and have hype train steam lessen by moving to 2020 release date.
F. WW - we’ll see - if it is original movie might be fun.

#5625 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Well i know I'm not jumping around to the point that it should scratch immediately every time....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5626 5 years ago

My first lottery ticket does not scratch unless you give your torso a good wiggle.

#5627 5 years ago

The scratch ticket feature is the same for me, even after adjusting the camera sensitivity. The first one I have to scratch. The second one scratches itself. The third I usually have to scratch. Etc. Could be coincidence, but it happens this way pretty consistently.

#5628 5 years ago

A buddy of mine got a DI CE and had the playfield protector installed from the factory. I didn't think that I'd like it, but it plays really well compared to mine and my other buddy's DI. It also helps with the magnet issues - no need to mess with the mylar. I recommend the playfield protector on this one.

#5629 5 years ago

Is there any discussion comparing the Mantis and the Cliffy protectors for the phone hole?
To me the mantis protector looks like it wouldn't interfere with shooting the hole. But I am not convinced it will protect the edge of the hole from getting roached.
Any insights, experiences or other thing to consider?

#5630 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Is there any discussion comparing the Mantis and the Cliffy protectors for the phone hole?
To me the mantis protector looks like it wouldn't interfere with shooting the hole. But I am not convinced it will protect the edge of the hole from getting roached.

I just installed the Mantis protector a few days ago. Very nice quality and doesn't interfere with shooting the scoop or the kick out from the scoop. I have the Cliffy style protectors that I will use if I notice any surface wear. I haven't installed the SIM card protectors yet, but those will go on eventually. I'm afraid it'll prevent roll-ins though, since that scoop is damn hard to hit.

#5631 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I’ve never had a problem with the cliffy and being able to hit the scoop. I don’t know about the mantis.

#5632 5 years ago

Is there a Mantis protector for the SIM card hole?

#5633 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Is there a Mantis protector for the SIM card hole?

No, just the phone scoop.

#5634 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I just installed the Mantis protector a few days ago. Very nice quality and doesn't interfere with shooting the scoop or the kick out from the scoop. I have the Cliffy style protectors that I will use if I notice any surface wear. I haven't installed the SIM card protectors yet, but those will go on eventually. I'm afraid it'll prevent roll-ins though, since that scoop is damn hard to hit.

I’ve had the same experience with the Mantis protector. I have also been looking closely for any signs of wear, but nothing so far. I like it because a slow roll falls in easily.

#5635 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

A buddy of mine got a DI CE and had the playfield protector installed from the factory. I didn't think that I'd like it, but it plays really well compared to mine and my other buddy's DI. It also helps with the magnet issues - no need to mess with the mylar. I recommend the playfield protector on this one.

Be aware though that you get a little less clear playfield color- and sharpness-wise. Also, scratches are very much more apparent on the protector.

#5636 5 years ago

i'm of course loving Cliffys in lots of situation, but in few others, i also think the Mantis is a better choice, let's list TRON & X-Men for the scoop

#5637 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm of course loving Cliffys in lots of situation, but in few others, i also think the Mantis is a better choice, let's list TRON & X-Men for the scoop

I had a Cliffy for Xmen and had to take it out because it was causing slow rolls to roll SDTM instead of into the scoop. Very frustrating. Replaced it with a Mantis protector and is very much preferred.

#5638 5 years ago

I just followed the instructions to add some extra light to the backbox by installing additional LED stripes. This worked perfectly and looks great. Only the camera seems to be also more present due to the hole being lighted as well. Maybe I need to add something around the camera to avoid light to get there...

But: it feels like the additional lightning also changed the hole game. All coils feel like they lost power. Is the GI of the backbox somehow connected to the coil power? Does the additional power consumption of the additional LEDs (even if it's small) pull power from the coils? I cannot really believe it, but without a detailed circuit plan it is difficult to find out.

My impression is, every coil seems a little weak, but you can really say the upper right flipper changed definetly. I had to adjust the strength up by 1 to make it feel the same to shoot the left ramp. Also the kickout from the trough needed an adjustment to serve the shooter lane as before.

Does someone else had the same results after adding LEDs to the backbox?

Thanks,
Lars

#5639 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

I just followed the instructions to add some extra light to the backbox by installing additional LED stripes. This worked perfectly and looks great. Only the camera seems to be also more present due to the hole being lighted as well. Maybe I need to add something around the camera to avoid light to get there...
But: it feels like the additional lightning also changed the hole game. All coils feel like the lost power. Is the GI of the backbox somehow connected to the coil power? Does the additional power consumption of the additional LEDs (even if it's small) pull power from the coils? I cannot really believe it, but without a detailed circuit plan it is difficult to find out.
My impression is, every coil seems a little weak, but you can really say the upper right flipper changed definetly. I had to adjust the strength up by 1 to make it feel the same to shoot the left ramp. Also the kickout from the trough needed an adjustment to serve the shooter lane as before.
Thanks,
Lars

I also purchased the led strips to light up the mirrored glass better. On the camera issue, I turned down the brightness so as to not effect the camera. You can also try to add small pieces of weather stripping around the camera to block the light. I have numerous lighting mods for this machine, and have not had any issues with power fluctuations and/or losing coil power. I would check again for possible shorts in the led strips.

#5640 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I had a Cliffy for Xmen and had to take it out because it was causing slow rolls to roll SDTM instead of into the scoop. Very frustrating. Replaced it with a Mantis protector and is very much preferred.

just the same...

#5641 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

But: it feels like the additional lightning also changed the hole game. All coils feel like they lost power. Is the GI of the backbox somehow connected to the coil power? Does the additional power consumption of the additional LEDs (even if it's small) pull power from the coils? I cannot really believe it, but without a detailed circuit plan it is difficult to find out.
Thanks,
Lars

I find the coils in both WOZ and DI seem to fluctuate in power slightly throughout the year. For example, in hotter months when the AC is on, they feel a little weaker.

For you, it could be a coincidence and that the voltage is just a little less at the moment for some reason or maybe the added lighting is just taking some of the juice. As long as you can adjust the strength of the coils in settings to get back to the original feel, I wouldn’t worry about it.

#5642 5 years ago

after additional testing I believe the change was only in my mind. Turning the LEDs off and on (it is only one plug) did not change anything. So it was just a wrong feeling...

Thank you very much,
lars

#5643 5 years ago

I just received the manual this week. WOW! Very high quality. I’ve never seen a nicer pin manual.

#5644 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

***Rant Warning***

Well, I suppose I should say I understand what you mean, since i am the seller and have never asked about number of games played on any machine I have purchased in the past...

That being said I have had many messages requesting this information and decided to preempt the question and included it with the ad.

*shrug*

If the new code comes out and is amazing, I might just find a credit card with a decent limit so I can have POTC and DI.... but I might also have to build a safe room so I can hide from wife until she settles down.

#5645 5 years ago

I had the opportunity to play one with the new code at Expo. I can’t say anything was drastically different. The changes are pretty subtle. Scoring seems a little more balanced as far as crazy modes and multiball. I couldn’t even get close to the new theatre multiball. The JJP rep told me that they also added some more character animations. Didn’t hear of any problems with it.

#5646 5 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

I had the opportunity to play one with the new code at Expo. I can’t say anything was drastically different. The changes are pretty subtle. Scoring seems a little more balanced as far as crazy modes and multiball. I couldn’t even get close to the new theatre multiball. The JJP rep told me that they also added some more character animations. Didn’t hear of any problems with it.

Hm, that’s sort of disappointing. The game is already pretty complete, but with the huge overhaul of the Hobbit they did recently (which is. OUT. Standing!) I was hoping for a bit more stuff . But that whole new multi ball mode sounds great!

#5647 5 years ago

Honestly, I didn’t get a whole lot of plays on it since I wanted to play other games at the show and didn’t want to stand in line to play a game that I have at home... I’m sure I’ll see plenty of things that I missed when I get to sit down and really play it.

#5648 5 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Quoted from Bellagio:

Honestly, I didn’t get a whole lot of plays on it since I wanted to play other games at the show and didn’t want to stand in line to play a game that I have at home... I’m sure I’ll see plenty of things that I missed when I get to sit down and really play it.

I'm viewing the update in a few ways.

1. More polish to finish off the animations and stuff.

2. Score balancing. The game really needed this. It isn't anything that you would notice from a few games, but it will make playing the MBs not seem like such a waste of time anymore.

3. A completely new way to approach the game -- get to QTMB instead of CiQC or Armageddon. Like you, I doubt I will come close to achieving this in most games. But, owning the game at home probably means that every once in a while, I will. It just sets up a new approach to the game, and that is nice to see.

The game was pretty complete up until this point. It is nice that they are doing this much.

#5649 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I'm viewing the update in a few ways.
1. More polish to finish off the animations and stuff.
2. Score balancing. The game really needed this. It isn't anything that you would notice from a few games, but it will make playing the MBs not seem like such a waste of time anymore.
3. A completely new way to approach the game -- get to QTMB instead of CiQC or Armageddon. Like you, I doubt I will come close to achieving this in most games. But, owning the game at home probably means that every once in a while, I will. It just sets up a new approach to the game, and that is nice to see.
The game was pretty complete up until this point. It is nice that they are doing this much.

That's really good perspective. And now that there's QTMB, the game setup reminds me quite a bit of how Hobbit is done - it's not quite so linear now that you have this other path. In Hobbit you can go through all 3 movies and get the 3 mini-wizard modes, or you can directly go after Smaug and try to kill him with the arrow (which is HARD).

I don't believe there's a Showdown or Armageddon type mode in Hobbit, and those are still very linear progressions in DI but they make sense to be since you are playing the natural progression of the story. Hobbit now also has "There and back again" mode when you start all of the ~30 modes. Never seen it, probably never will!

#5650 5 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Subtle changes you say? But then you mentioned balance on crazy modes and multiball, which were the biggest and nearly the only complaints! THAT'S HUUUGE! I used to avoid starting crazy modes and multiballs, unless I needed a sim card or assistance with a mode, and now I can look forward to playing them! That's the best update ever! There's nothing subtle about any of that.

This game felt nearly complete for me, and my only other complaint was the animations on the phone, which they are still working on. This game is already fantastic, and the few more additions are only making it even better. QTMB? Yes please, because now the skill shots and spider/train/drone/kilowatt targets are worth something too! Instead of focusing on finishing modes for points, there are now a plethora of areas in which to earn points. Strategy = Widened.

I can't wait for this download...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/113?hl=genjuro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.