IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 273.
#5551 5 years ago

I hope the new code makes it easier to progress in this game. As it is now it is way too hard...

#5552 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Tweaked the magnet settings for the new balls. I set the value to -102 and the magnet toss works perfectly now. It needed a little more oomph to get the non-magnetized ball back around the orbit. All is good! Plus, it mitigates SDTM drains from the Theater and is a good way to feed the upper flipper at times. Please dont remove it Ted!

Oh, things are way past the point of being able to remove that functionality.
--Ted

#5553 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Oh, things are way past the point of being able to remove that functionality.
--Ted

I like the sound of that Can't wait to see the stream and play with the new updates!

#5554 5 years ago

I love the magnet when the throw back works right. I put new balls in it last week, I might need to take it off of "experiment lab" or whatever and try it again since people are getting different results from different sets of balls.

#5555 5 years ago

I love the theater magnet too. My only slightly quibble is that it would be great to get the theater modes to behave more like the physical devices they are replicating. For example, don't have the bash toy catch the ball for so long. Same with the drop targets. Again, just a slight quibble . . .

#5556 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I love the theater magnet too. My only slightly quibble is that it would be great to get the theater modes to behave more like the physical devices they are replicating. For example, don't have the bash toy catch the ball for so long. Same with the drop targets. Again, just a slight quibble . . .

The "hold" time is there to increase the chance of the ball bouncing off the back of QED and avoid a drain. It has been further refined in the next release. (Life is full of compromises.)

--Ted

#5557 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can try turning the connector 180 degrees and plug back on. Be sure it is plugged into the board in the backbox too.
LTG : )

Is the connector that your saying to rotate,180 degrees,the connector right above the "Volume control

Quoted from LTG:

You can try turning the connector 180 degrees and plug back on. Be sure it is plugged into the board in the backbox too.

Is the headphone jack that has to be rotated 180 Deg. directly above the "Volume control Switch"? I'd just like to make sure,before I make this adjustment. It wouldn't hurt my feeling if you point to it with an arrow,

#5558 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

the connector right above the "Volume control

Quoted from ralphs007:

"Volume control Switch"?

Yes.

Page D-109 in the manual, J101 is the only one of the two that you can turn around.

#5559 5 years ago

Quoted from LTG:Yes.
Page D-109 in the manual, J101 is the only one of the two that you can turn around.

Thank you. Now my headphones are working like they should.

#5560 5 years ago

What about ball parking in the groove of the Moving Target Sculpture till the system starts the search for balls?
How often does it happen in your DI?

#5561 5 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

What about ball parking in the groove of the Moving Target Sculpture till the system starts the search for balls?

Every once in a while. Not too often. If it happens too often for you, perhaps check the pitch of your game.

#5562 5 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Quoted from Nokoro:

Every once in a while. Not too often. If it happens too often for you, perhaps check the pitch of your game.

Yes - ^^^ what he said ^^^

Mine was getting stuck maybe every 10th game. My pitch was at about 6.7 degrees. I dropped it to about 6.3 degrees when I rearranged my pins and it only got stuck there once in about a hundred games or so. For mine, lowering the pitch helped that out - which seems backwards, but it worked. Adjust it a bit in one direction, and if that doesn't help, adjust it the other way a bit.

#5563 5 years ago

Long time fan and just picked up this beautiful LE yesterday! This is one fast silky smooth game. We’re still figuring things out but that’s half the fun, plus I stink - 937,000 is my best so far on stock medium settings. Tonight I’m gonna look for the best deal on mirror blades, and maybe some better flipper rubber. Everything seems to work perfectly, although the upper flipper shot seems inconsistent, or just has to be perfect to make it up to the subway - again I stink!
Can’t wait to see the new code!

DC3FCA06-3E12-4A22-B898-CA6C264D81F4 (resized).jpegDC3FCA06-3E12-4A22-B898-CA6C264D81F4 (resized).jpeg
#5564 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Friday 10/12/18 at 3pm central: Live stream of POTC from the guys who made it.
Come check us out!
https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive
Be sure to subscribe to receive notifications in case we play unannounced again....
Oh, and a bonus stream Monday 10/15/18 @ 3pm of NEW CODE....FOR DIALED IN!!!!!!!!!! Hold onto your butts!
E

New code stream day!! Sadly, I will miss the live stream...stupid work!

#5565 5 years ago

sometimes it is nice to be in a different time zone

#5566 5 years ago

Man, is this manual enormous and high quality.

#5567 5 years ago

Is there a collected 'common issues with DI and fixes' thing like somebody did for ... some other game that is escaping me at the moment?

I have the theater guide with the harsh edge I'd like to fix, but I'm not sure about the best way to cleanly re-shape it. I kind of want to adjust my lock ramp to come down farther left than the dangerous point it does now, but with how the ramp edge goes over the nut it's not just a simple move and tighten down affair -- has anybody done an adjustment there? Bent the ramp? something else?

I think I finally have my trap door working well. I tried all the basic advice I'd seen from others, but was still having issues. In the end, the screw on the bottom of the drop coil on mine was loose so the coil would rotate and the catch/release would get screwed up.

#5568 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Is there a collected 'common issues with DI and fixes' thing like somebody did for ... some other game that is escaping me at the moment?
I have the theater guide with the harsh edge I'd like to fix, but I'm not sure about the best way to cleanly re-shape it. I kind of want to adjust my lock ramp to come down farther left than the dangerous point it does now, but with how the ramp edge goes over the nut it's not just a simple move and tighten down affair -- has anybody done an adjustment there? Bent the ramp? something else?
I think I finally have my trap door working well. I tried all the basic advice I'd seen from others, but was still having issues. In the end, the screw on the bottom of the drop coil on mine was loose so the coil would rotate and the catch/release would get screwed up.

Quoted from brucipher:

New code stream day!! Sadly, I will miss the live stream...stupid work!

Can't believe we have to wait until THURSDAY to check out new code... sigh.. guess I'll have to play my Hobbit, which just got ANOTHER awesome update! JJP is on fire!

#5569 5 years ago

Who is streaming the new code, where, what time? I guess it sounds like it won't be released to the rest of us until this Thursday?

#5570 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

Who is streaming the new code, where, what time? I guess it sounds like it won't be released to the rest of us until this Thursday?

Chicago JJP today 3pm CDT - https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

They will be testing at Pinball Expo later this week. If all goes well, released sometime after that.

#5571 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Chicago JJP today 3pm CDT - https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive
They will be testing at Pinball Expo later this week. If all goes well, released sometime after that.

Hopefully MINUTES after that!

#5572 5 years ago

Just received my DI manual and wow, very impressive.
It’s massive and extremely well laid out.
This manual is in a whole different league from any other I’ve seen.

#5573 5 years ago

Anyone watch the twitch stream and care to share new info about the code updates?

#5575 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone watch the twitch stream and care to share new info about the code updates?

I watched the last 30 minutes.

Jackpots were slightly increased on multiball modes, and seemed to increase incrementally with time and/or succession of jackpots. I watched super jackpots go for 25k to 50k regularly.

Selfie mode was 1k per selfie. You can get 100k if activated in a multiball mode.

No change in the lottery mode.

I think the sounds were different on the pop bumpers (massive difference) and maybe some other standups.

Theater multiball! Not sure how it was activated, but it was fun to watch.

The biggest change that I could see was the change in point values for specific things in the game. I watched one of the two guys get 700k and he didn't complete a single mode. He also tilted out of a bonus that would have been worth 250k, which is insanely high, so I think bonus values increased too.

I liked it. Everything was evened out a little bit. Multiball modes were worth doing, thank god.

#5576 5 years ago

Lots of cool stuff from what I'm hearing and seeing so far. Theater mulitiball sounds very cool, looking forward to playing it. Also, the changes to scoring with the Bob modes is a nice modification and will help make them more valuable (as well as make it easier to obtain SIM cards from them). The additional animations for the phone will really help give the game a complete feeling.

#5577 5 years ago

Wow the new code really adds another level to strategy.... the new multiball sounds awesome and will b icing on the cake of a allready awesome game and code. Plus the new values for everything else including bob modes and mb and the animations and lighting are just bonuses.

#5578 5 years ago

The skill shots become a lot more important then before

#5579 5 years ago

I watched for a while and have an question on my observation at least. The theater shot seemed only to catch and release now with no toss backwards, did anyone else notice that or was it still as before but I missed it?

#5580 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I watched for a while and have an question on my observation at least. The theater shot seemed only to catch and release now with no toss backwards, did anyone else notice that or was it still as before but I missed it?

They may have the toss turned off or not adjusted correctly after the code update?

#5581 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I watched the last 30 minutes.
Jackpots were slightly increased on multiball modes, and seemed to increase incrementally with time and/or succession of jackpots. I watched super jackpots go for 25k to 50k regularly.
Selfie mode was 1k per selfie. You can get 100k if activated in a multiball mode.
No change in the lottery mode.
I think the sounds were different on the pop bumpers (massive difference) and maybe some other standups.
Theater multiball! Not sure how it was activated, but it was fun to watch.
The biggest change that I could see was the change in point values for specific things in the game. I watched one of the two guys get 700k and he didn't complete a single mode. He also tilted out of a bonus that would have been worth 250k, which is insanely high, so I think bonus values increased too.
I liked it. Everything was evened out a little bit. Multiball modes were worth doing, thank god.

I'll have to watch a little closer - some of those changes seem pretty subtle - maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention? The stacking of MBs seems like a huge update

#5582 5 years ago

Quantum Theatre MB looks really cool. I couldn’t quite follow all the rules. It sounds like you have to activate every theater mode and then hit the theater in that mode a couple of times. I think this will be hard for me, but I have never played the game just focusing on the theater modes, so maybe it is more doable than I think. Either way, it is nice to have another option for how to play other than just advancing through the disaster modes. All in all, looks like a pretty great code update.

#5583 5 years ago

I have yet to see it. Will check out soon. Wonder if the first mb is still a give me or if you can turn that off/make it harder.

I guess with the scoring rebalance it's it doesn't change it will stay be worth playing

#5584 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have yet to see it. Will check out soon. Wonder if the first mb is still a give me or if you can turn that off/make it harder.
I guess with the scoring rebalance it's it doesn't change it will stay be worth playing

Watch the first 5-10min of the twitch stream and most is explained... its looks like a great update especially making the skill shots and new mb a new wzy to blow up the game. Also the regular mb is more valuable depending on sim cards and where the atrack is .... so many new details. Gonna make a great game ...amazing

#5585 5 years ago

New code looks great!
Anyone know when it will be available for us? (Besides after expo)

Junky

#5586 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

New code looks great!
Anyone know when it will be available for us? (Besides after expo)
Junky

Right after Expo,if update is bug free

#5587 5 years ago

So it looks like the phone animations are still not complete. I do appreciate the rest of the work done on the code but if the phone character animations are still not done it makes the game feel incomplete.

#5588 5 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

So it looks like the phone animations are still not complete. I do appreciate the rest of the work done on the code but if the phone character animations are still not done it makes the game feel incomplete.

If you watch the Twitch video you'll see were Eric and the crew do say numerous times that the
remaining animations are being rendered and will be included in update!

#5589 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If you watch the Twitch video you'll see were Eric and the crew do say numerous times that the
remaining animations are being rendered and will be included in update!

Might have missed that during the beginning stuttering. Saw the animations still not working later in the video.

#5590 5 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Might have missed that during the beginning stuttering. Saw the animations still not working later in the video.

The game they were playing on wasn't fully loaded with the new animations yet due to them still processing/rendering elsewhere.

#5591 5 years ago

Does anyone know if this is a delta download?

#5592 5 years ago

Anyone here have a standard version? It's already hard to justify 8k.... that extra grand doesnt seem worth it. Your thoughts?

Edit: Nevermind. I searched the thread and got my answer lol

#5593 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Anyone here have a standard version? It's already hard to justify 8k.... that extra grand doesnt seem worth it. Your thoughts?

IIRC, you get the PC armor, Shaker, Volume/Headphone jack, and Invisiglass for the extra 1K. I think it's worth it. On the secondary market, there are plenty of DILE's going for 8-8500 right now, if that's an option for you.

#5594 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

IIRC, you get the PC armor, Shaker, Volume/Headphone jack, and Invisiglass for the extra 1K. I think it's worth it. On the secondary market, there are plenty of DILE's going for 8-8500 right now, if that's an option for you.

And the ramp LEDs for the 2 ramps in the upper left, and the lit back panel.

#5595 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Shaker is on all versions.

#5596 5 years ago

The new code will add much more incentive to take the skill shot for Theater Holds (spider, kilowatt, drones, subway), and give purpose for shooting for those during regular gameplay to get QT multiball (You need two shots from each QT mode to qualify it). I always ignored those and the left side hurry up because I felt they weren't worth enough. Also really didn't care for UA MB that much since it wasn't worth much, so really glad to see that values are being bumped for UAMB and that the Theater modes are actually worth going for now. Can't wait to play the finished code when it becomes available.

Also got my manual yesterday too. I told my wife what was in the box, and she was like, 'are you serious?' lol

I'm not sure if I should display it or leave it in the box?

#5597 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Shaker is on all versions.

Ok, wasn't sure as I bought mine on the secondary market.

#5598 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Ok, wasn't sure as I bought mine on the secondary market.

I think the upgrade on DI to LE is a no brainer.My wife and I took all of 5 minutes on that decision,it takes us 10 minutes to decide where to eat!

#5599 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think the upgrade on DI to LE is a no brainer.My wife and I took all of 5 minutes on that decision,it takes us 10 minutes to decide where to eat!

It's nice to have the option for the Standard. I don't care about the extras other than maybe the ramp lights. I picked up my Standard for $6400. Hell of a deal. LE extras weren't worth it for me, even at second hand prices.

#5600 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Quoted from FatPanda:

IIRC, you get the PC armor, Shaker, Volume/Headphone jack, and Invisiglass for the extra 1K.

Depends on the person. I play in low-light, I don't need the invisiglass. I crank the volume, I don't want headphones. Both have the shaker. The coating is nice, and the extra lighting on the ramp is awesome, but I didn't wanna pay the extra 1k on it so I got the SE and used the money I saved to buy the pinstadium lighting instead. IMO, SE & Pinstadium & ~$700 > LE.

Again, depends on the person. If you have a well-lit & good-looking arcade room and you wanna keep it looking that way, the $1k is totally worth it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.