Topic Stats

• 9,418 posts
  • 509 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by ralphs007
  • Topic is favorited by 178 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,131 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

74883045_148044193090943_1823631792347807744_o (resized).jpg
CCF815F5-AEA5-43A8-AC8F-A313AB8A52F6 (resized).jpeg
20191021_113236 (resized).jpg
20191021_112022 (resized).jpg
20191021_113142 (resized).jpg
20191021_113136 (resized).jpg
20191021_111744 (resized).jpg
20190818_112830 (resized).jpg
20190818_112853 (resized).jpg
5CC58065-A49F-4026-88D4-6BCA684A9937 (resized).jpeg
DITrap (resized).JPG
97E55CF6-7B4D-48F8-A538-ED978827C7DA (resized).jpeg
91A790A6-A8F0-4357-A429-8A34B2B071B1 (resized).jpeg
2FA68F6F-FF94-4B2D-A3DE-3996F2A6E843 (resized).jpeg
Rubber (resized).jpg
Cliffy2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9418 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 189.
#501 2 years ago

Old lady photo bombed me lol

IMG_20241 (resized).jpg

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

My wife does that to me all the time. I then to proceed to blame her when I inevitably drain

#503 2 years ago

On my way to pick up my LE. Will be in the club soon.

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Must be my location becasue my camera pics are just horrible. Nothing like yours

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Did u get the good deal on the used one?

#506 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Must be my location becasue my camera pics are just horrible. Nothing like yours

Yea mine takes excellent pics and i play with no lights,on at all.... seems u have alot of issues with yours?

#507 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

seems u have alot of issues with yours?

Well only 1 issue - it looks like shit

Maybe I got an artistic one with a longer shutter speed...always blurry. When i go in the cam test though it looks fine...but of course that's the wide angle.

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe I got an artistic one with a longer shutter speed...always blurry. When i go in the cam test though it looks fine...but of course that's the wide angle.

O sorry must got u confused with op that had trapdoor,and flipper issues.

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O sorry must got u confused with op that had trapdoor,and flipper issues.

Oh ha...I just meant 1 problem with the camera itself
Yes my game has had some issues for sure. Cam, trap door, blown board/coil, bad orbit/right flipper.
That reminds me I need to head up to the UPS store and mail back the board...at cost to me?

#510 2 years ago

just joined the club. So much to say but will later. For now - can someone tell me what bubble settle they are using for level? Where is the bubble on yours? I ask b/c this game seems to sit much lower on the back legs than my WOZ.

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

can someone tell me what bubble settle they are using for level?

That can vary from game to game. Those cheap levels are close to useless.

LTG : )

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That can vary from game to game. Those cheap levels are close to useless.

Well I did use my phone app but I just have a feeling it's a little flat but said it's 6.5. I usually have the legs jacked up in the back but with DI they are at almost the lowest settings yet it's level with my WoZ on the same floor with the highest settings. Maybe the can is drilled differently in DI?

#513 2 years ago

People have been saying it was designed to be 6.5 with the leg levels all the way down

I keep all mine at 6.5 they way they were built

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

People have been saying it was designed to be 6.5 with the leg levels all the way down

Correct... new cab design is purposely like this.

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well I did use my phone app but I just have a feeling it's a little flat but said it's 6.5. I usually have the legs jacked up in the back but with DI they are at almost the lowest settings yet it's level with my WoZ on the same floor with the highest settings. Maybe the can is drilled differently in DI?

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe because the camera doesn't have a "stabilization" feature for all of the nudging? Just joking.

#517 2 years ago

any topper action besides Collectors which I'm not even sure is avail for sale?

#518 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Another small question, should the left orbit shot go around smoothly and quickly? On my machine it almost always enters the skill shot or the pops. I've got the right flipper at maximum strength but feels like it might not be strong enough.

I feel the same about mine. Left seems stronger. My game says strength for flippers go to 32 but I can only put my right at 25. Is that normal? Did you guys end up rebuilding this too like the other guy? Just curious if there is another solution as these are brand new machines. Seems extreme. Mine def has power and in fact it will go around the orbit but barely - it just doesn't feel as snappy.

Also - my theatre magnet pulls the ball back up and over to the top right flipper. It's like the shadow (kind of cool - ball drops a little then gets pulled up and through to the right onto topper right flipper). Is that normal though or should it fall back down (not up)?

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Enjoy. Tons of fun

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I feel the same about mine. Left seems stronger. My game says strength for flippers go to 32 but I can only put my right at 25. Is that normal? Did you guys end up rebuilding this too like the other guy? Just curious if there is another solution as these are brand new machines. Seems extreme. Mine def has power and in fact it will go around the orbit but barely - it just doesn't feel as snappy.
Also - my theatre magnet pulls the ball back up and over to the top right flipper. It's like the shadow (kind of cool - ball drops a little then gets pulled up and through to the right onto topper right flipper). Is that normal though or should it fall back down (not up)?

Your magnet is good. Just like shadow and pulls around to flipper

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

nice - I think that's sick as I recently played the shadow for the first time and was impressed on how that looked. This game basically took the exact thing.

I wait for other input on that right flipper before I change anything. It does hit ramp and orbit will go but barely. Just seems odd that brand new could be weak.

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

When is the theater magnet supposed to do this? For hurry ups and mode shots mine just holds the ball for half a second then let's it go to slowly return to the right flipper. Do we need to adjust our strength?

#523 2 years ago

Mine does it whenever something there is in there to hit. Think shadow - it does the same thing.

#524 2 years ago

anyone sell mirror blades for this game yet? Also - which there appear to be two active threads for owners:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/26#post-3981122

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Maybe because the camera doesn't have a "stabilization" feature for all of the nudging? Just joking.

Believe me i had considered that!

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyone sell mirror blades for this game yet? Also - which there appear to be two active threads for owners:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/26#post-3981122

Yep mine are on! Www.pinballsidemirrors.com
Same as WIZ and Hobbit!

#527 2 years ago

Out of like 15 pinball machines I've had my wife and kids only plays them a couple times and then pretty much don't play them anymore.....she played for an hour on my Dialed In CE and can't get enough lol "It's just fun" are her words. I think it is hilarious that a non licensed Theme hit it out of the park for my family! So glad I didnt get all caught up in the early drama about the Theme and the game.. "Fun" is what it's all about and keeps you wanting more. I buy these games mostly for myself but nothing beats setting back watching family & friends play and have "FUN"! Thanks again JJP & Pat for such a great game and a home run! Joe at Pinballstar your the best man!

If your on the fence don't be its incredible! If your family is part of the decision, I had the great game WOZ ECLE and they like this A LOT more.....

15061828859121415223687 (resized).jpg

#528 2 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Yep mine are on! http://Www.pinballsidemirrors.com
Same as WIZ and Hobbit!

OK so you bought these then?

https://pinballsidemirrors.com/product/pinball-side-mirrors/

and you didn't have to do any mods to it to make it work? Best approach to install?

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK so you bought these then?
https://pinballsidemirrors.com/product/pinball-side-mirrors/
and you didn't have to do any mods to it to make it work? Best approach to install?

Yep JJP ones! No mods..easiest is to start with taking the the side back box bracket bolt out then install that back in thru the mirror blade first then work your way down towards the coin door to get it lined up nice. The screws for for the blades need to be put in straight so it's as flat as possible to give clearance for playfield . Good luck!!

#530 2 years ago

how does this game choose the mode (diaster)? Random but wasn't sure if I have control.

plan on summarizing my experience thus far but in general - I was 100% wrong on this game from the start. Intro of this game to the public couldn't be farther from the real core of the theme. This is a fantastic pin.

#531 2 years ago

Start here!

1506187884222148045049 (resized).jpg

15061879403772088151540 (resized).jpg

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

how does this game choose the mode (diaster)? Random but wasn't sure if I have control.

Once the phone is showing all the disaster icons, you can cycle through them (in both directions) with the flippers.

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What is the solution for the weak right flipper on some of these games. Is their something broken on some of these games like not enough power going to the right flipper.

Annybuddy? LTG HELP!!!

#534 2 years ago

If all is good mechanically with the flipper assembly, I'd try swapping the left and right flipper button leaf blade switches and see if problem moves.

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If all is good mechanically with the flipper assembly, I'd try swapping the left and right flipper button leaf blade switches and see if problem moves.

Thanks for the quick reply I do not have my game yet I am just reading through the thread so I am ready to solve any promblems that I might have. Is a lot of these games exhibiting this problem?

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Is a lot of these games exhibiting this problem?

Maybe two that I know of. Usually it's loose coil stop screws.

#537 2 years ago

I Coil stops look good. It could be position of the flipper. I just adjusted mine to point further down and it's already better. I was able to clear the orbit but that was on a ball with speed. Dead stop ball on right it goes around but hits too many things (especially when it curves to the right goes up that little high and comes down by the poppers - it usually gets caught there. I'm not sure if you guys are flying balls on dead stop all around the orbit. If you are can you post pictures of the flipper setup.

#538 2 years ago

I also noticed there are 4 lights right in front of the lock down bar. There are also 5 LEDs in the back (if you lean down you can see). All of them work in test but I don't see them on during play. Maybe not paying close enough attention and they come on only during modes?

EDIT - looks like the back ones flash during modes. Haven't noticed the front ones.

On MB - anyway to not have the phone consistently vibrate while MB is avail?

#539 2 years ago

JJP's Dialed In will be in the PinballSTAR Amusements booth at the York, PA Whiterose Gameroom Show on Friday 9/29 and Sat 9/30 !!! ...as a matter of fact we'll have 2 !

Come play the game everyone is talking about - Pat Lawlor's original themed game - Dialed In.

We have a very few available Dialed In Limited Edition games that will be ready to ship in a week or two. NO WAIT ! Email Joe at Sales@PinballSTAR.com for info !

www.theyorkshow.com

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042

jjjpyorkshow2 (resized).jpg

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

On MB - anyway to not have the phone consistently vibrate while MB is avail?

If you turn up the shaker from default med. To high you can feel the phone vibrate.

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

If you turn up the shaker from default med. To high you can feel the phone vibrate.

Yes I have done that. I'm wondering if you can TURN OFF the phone from constantly vibrating or ringing....

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

YI'm wondering if you can TURN OFF the phone from constantly vibrating or ringing....

Yes by shooting the phone scoop

#543 2 years ago

U can cancel it out also by hitting both flipper buttons.... then u can start a mode to bring into mb

#544 2 years ago

So update on my right flipper - lower the playfield to stock (bottom - as they suggested although my bubble is a little under the second mark) AND lowering my right flipper a bit has enabled me to hit the left to right orbit clean when the ball is moving towards my right flipper. On a dead flip, it's not there 100% but I'm also not sure it's expected to. lmk though.

#545 2 years ago

This game is tons of fun! If I could only convince my wife buying one is a good idea

#546 2 years ago

Thought I better throw my hat in the ring. New DILE owner. Very happy with the game. Had to do a bit of tweaking, but plays great now.

Love having a regular sized JJP game. Pat has really put some though into this. I guess he had a few years to think about it. And next to no budget restraints.

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Once the phone is showing all the disaster icons, you can cycle through them (in both directions) with the flippers.

Or use the app to select disasters, launch the ball, and launch Big Bang on demand.

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes I have done that. I'm wondering if you can TURN OFF the phone from constantly vibrating or ringing....

If you're getting the multiball notice for the first time, double tap both flippers to bypass multiball and stop the ringing. You only get this option ONCE.

#549 2 years ago

so after playing what has to be a ton of games on this tonight, the right flipper is good. Def was playfield height and the position of the flipper.

This game is amazing. Top 3 for me right now - could be top. It's really that good. Feels so good and you just want to play one more time. Plus I love that shadow like magnet pull in the theatre.

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so after playing what has to be a ton of games on this tonight, the right flipper is good. Def was playfield height and the position of the flipper.
This game is amazing. Top 3 for me right now - could be top. It's really that good. Feels so good and you just want to play one more time. Plus I love that shadow like magnet pull in the theatre.

Set the shaker up to medium and the magnets up to medium..... crazy action during emp mode and mb. Glad u are loving the game... it really is top notch and one the best out .... glad u have it a chance

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Exton, PA
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 8,000.00
There are 9418 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 189.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside