Topic Stats

• 9,055 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Mageek
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 182.
#5401 11 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

Wait, what? Are you saying that I can keep hitting the left ramp repeatedly for these points?

Yep. I found that if you hit it and hold the left flipper up, the ball upon return will roll off the flipper onto the right to allow you to hit the left ramp over and over for increasing points. It’s pretty cool.

#5402 11 months ago

It's the Hurry-Up that you can toggle between inlanes and re-light by hitting both Tic-Ket targets by the theater. Points can add up.

#5403 11 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m sure everyone else probably knows this, but I just discovered that on the left ramp hurry-up, you can hit it over and over for increasing amounts of points. I just scored a decent amount by doing that.

One of my favorite shots,the most I’ve hit in a row is 8 the value goes up every time you nail it

#5404 11 months ago
Quoted from MEuRaH:

Wait, what? Are you saying that I can keep hitting the left ramp repeatedly for these points?

Yeah, roll over to right flipper to keep nailing it. Ten ramps I think tops it out. I've done it twice. 130000 or something. Worth it and fun.

#5405 11 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yeah, roll over to right flipper to keep nailing it. Ten ramps I think tops it out. I've done it twice. 130000 or something. Worth it and fun.

That's cool and actually didn't know about it. Gonna try it out!

#5406 11 months ago

Some accompanying equipment arrived!

20180929_190954 (resized).jpg

And the game all set up!

20180930_075708 (resized).jpg
#5407 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Some accompanying equipment arrived!
[quoted image]
And the game all set up![quoted image]

Initial impressions on the game and sub?

#5408 11 months ago

Got my manual! I love the appendices - lots of behind the scenes in there

#5409 11 months ago

My headphone jack isn't working. I should have tried it when I got it, but first time trying it didn't work. I remember seeing one of these JJP's had some wires swapped on the connections before. Maybe ltg can pick it out in the attached pics.

20180903_165926 (resized).jpg20180903_170036 (resized).jpg

Note that this piece was under headphone jack … think it is for an electrical connection
20180903_171229 (resized).jpg

#5410 11 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I remember seeing one of these JJP's had some wires swapped on the connections

You can try turning the connector 180 degrees and plug back on. Be sure it is plugged into the board in the backbox too.

LTG : )

#5411 11 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Initial impressions on the game and sub?

The flippers feel different than what I'm used to; not as snappy as Sterns, but I'm learning to get accustomed to them. Still finding the shots. The sub is a subtle improvement to the sound. It's not as overly loud or punchy as I've heard in other games, but it definitely improves it and provides the missing bottom end. All of my moderns games have a sub, so at this point, it mandatory

The game is definitely awesome! Its been on my wishlist since it came out. I've played a handful of games on location, but its completely different at home. I can hear the audio and callouts and make small tweaks that I couldn't with a location game. It plays buttery smooth! I cant wait to explore the code and rules to more!

I'm going to order Titan rings to replace the standard rubber. One of them is already broke. The game doesnt look too bad to get to all of the rings, so that'll be a welcomed improvement.

#5412 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The flippers feel different than what I'm used to; not as snappy as Sterns, but I'm learning to get accustomed to them.

You can adjust the power in settings. Also, perhaps check the leaf switches if you feel there is a lag.

Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm going to order Titan rings to replace the standard rubber. One of them is already broke. The game doesnt look too bad to get to all of the rings, so that'll be a welcomed improvement.

What’s the build date? The more recent builds come with Titans.

#5413 11 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You can adjust the power in settings. Also, perhaps check the leaf switches if you feel there is a lag.

What’s the build date? The more recent builds come with Titans.

June 2017 I think

#5414 11 months ago

I recommend the clear Titans. They look great on DI.

#5415 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can try turning the connector 180 degrees and plug back on. Be sure it is plugged into the board in the backbox too.

The connection with the purple wires can't be turned around. I tried to trace them back and the manual confirms on page D105 that they go to the main PCB board J604. All of those functions work with volume and turning off the cabinet speakers when the headphone jack is installed. The headphone connection for sound is JAUD1 on the CPU board. That connection is good on both ends. Still not working, but found a potentially bigger problem. I found where that electrical connector probably goes this upper switch for the door closing fell apart. I have no idea how this goes back together or what it is for. Any ideas? I unscrewed it from the cabinet to try to figure it out.
20180930_181614 (resized).jpg

#5416 11 months ago

That switch ^^^ is for the high voltage and now the flippers and coils wont work without it. I can't find that part in the manual but will need to order a new one with JJP tomorrow. When I saw it, it was in the stuck open position with the switch "plunger" angled a little sideways with it broke apart. I advise people to check yours next time you open the door as it could leave the high voltage on when the coin door is open and possibly while you are working on it with the power turned on. The bottom switch will trigger that the coin door is open for the menu system.

#5417 11 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I recommend the clear Titans. They look great on DI.

You read my mind

#5418 11 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have no idea how this goes back together or what it is for.

High power interlock switch. It's done.

To get by until you get a new switch, you can short the two blue wires to each other. And short the red wires to each other. Be careful because then high power will always be on when the game is turned one.

IMG_0567 (resized).JPG
#5419 11 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I can't find that part in the manual but will need to order a new one with JJP tomorrow.

Page C-3

18-3007-01 Safety Interlock Switch, 2/16

#5420 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page C-3
18-3007-01 Safety Interlock Switch, 2/16

Thanks! Do you think that I need a new Headphone board too, while I am ordering?

#5421 11 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Thanks! Do you think that I need a new Headphone board too, while I am ordering?

No idea.

#5422 11 months ago

I got to Chaos in Quantum City last night and didnt even realize I had gotten that far! Awesome! I need to read up on the rules a little bit more

#5423 11 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

my headphone jack was connected in reverse in the cpu case in the back box. I flipped it around and works fine. Its tight in there so be patient.

#5424 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The flippers feel different than what I'm used to; not as snappy as Sterns, but I'm learning to get accustomed to them. Still finding the shots. The sub is a subtle improvement to the sound. It's not as overly loud or punchy as I've heard in other games, but it definitely improves it and provides the missing bottom end. All of my moderns games have a sub, so at this point, it mandatory
The game is definitely awesome! Its been on my wishlist since it came out. I've played a handful of games on location, but its completely different at home. I can hear the audio and callouts and make small tweaks that I couldn't with a location game. It plays buttery smooth! I cant wait to explore the code and rules to more!

It's the adjustable coils that make the flippers feel different. The ability to adjust is worth it. My right coil is weaker than my left, for example. Takes about a ball to get accustomed after playing a stern. W/b seem to be closer in feel, but still consistent and therefore different.

#5425 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I got to Chaos in Quantum City last night and didnt even realize I had gotten that far! Awesome! I need to read up on the rules a little bit more

I've only reached Chaos in Quantum City a couple of times. I don't even know how I got there. I'm guessing that you need 1,500,000 in points,for it to start?

#5426 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Quoted from ralphs007:

I've only reached Chaos in Quantum City a couple of times. I don't even know how I got there. I'm guessing that you need 1,500,000 in points,for it to start?

You just need to start 6 disaster modes. After the 6th, the phone scoop will be lit for CiQC.

#5427 11 months ago

#5428 11 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's the adjustable coils that make the flippers feel different. The ability to adjust is worth it. My right coil is weaker than my left, for example. Takes about a ball to get accustomed after playing a stern. W/b seem to be closer in feel, but still consistent and therefore different.

On default settings, the flippers are strong enough to get the ball where it needs to go. The left orbit shot seems "lazy" for lack of a better word. I did up the flipper strength to 23 (I think max is 25?) and it does play better, but it almost seems as if the flipper travel is slower compared to a Stern. I also have classic Ballys, and those don't feel as "lazy."

Also I couldn't find anything, but are there flipper alignment holes anywhere? Mine might be misaligned just a tad, enough that would make it out of line from the inlane guides. Is this normal or do I need to readjust to be inline with the inlane guides?

#5429 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

On default settings, the flippers are strong enough to get the ball where it needs to go. The left orbit shot seems "lazy" for lack of a better word. I did up the flipper strength to 23 (I think max is 25?) and it does play better, but it almost seems as if the flipper travel is slower compared to a Stern. I also have classic Ballys, and those don't feel as "lazy."
Also I couldn't find anything, but are there flipper alignment holes anywhere? Mine might be misaligned just a tad, enough that would make it out of line from the inlane guides. Is this normal or do I need to readjust to be inline with the inlane guides?

FWIW, the coil sleeves on the flippers of JJP games don’t seem to last as long as other manufacturers, I’ve found. Swapping out coil sleeves on my WOZ and DI made a big improvement. Depends on how many games on on your pin.

#5430 11 months ago

I'm still trying to find the sweet spot of power but not causing the ball to hit off the theatre targets and hitting the crossing wire form. Anyone figure this out or is it inevitable that you're going to get richocet hits off that crossing wireforms based on the design of the game?

#5431 11 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm still trying to find the sweet spot of power but not causing the ball to hit off the theatre targets and hitting the crossing wire form. Anyone figure this out or is it inevitable that you're going to get richocet hits off that crossing wireforms based on the design of the game?

This definitely happens on my game. If I brick off of the scoop, it'll airball onto the wireform. That was with default coil settings.

#5432 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The flippers on DI are quite problematic with random strength variance - the left orbit shot exasperates this issue because it puts the most resistance on the flipper bat. Flipper strength needs to be drastically increased and even then the flipper still exhibits the strength randomness. Whatever JJP uses to control the pulse modulation of the coil is not reliable. It's made the game a lot less fun for sure. There are no mechanical issues with my flippers. It's just the way the game is - I've had two copies and both flip the same.

#5433 11 months ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

The flippers on DI are quite problematic with random strength variance - the left orbit shot exasperates this issue because it puts the most resistance on the flipper bat. Flipper strength needs to be drastically increased and even then the flipper still exhibits the strength randomness. Whatever JJP uses to control the pulse modulation of the coil is not reliable. It's made the game a lot less fun for sure. There are no mechanical issues with my flippers. It's just the way the game is - I've had two copies and both flip the same.

I have never heard anyone say this before.

#5434 11 months ago

Received My manual today, and is Unbelievable!!!

What a Joy to have!

#5435 11 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

FWIW, the coil sleeves on the flippers of JJP games don’t seem to last as long as other manufacturers, I’ve found. Swapping out coil sleeves on my WOZ and DI made a big improvement. Depends on how many games on on your pin.

Not that I think I have a problem, but what coil sleeves do people rate most highly? Pinball Life WMS ones?

#5436 11 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You just need to start 6 disaster modes. After the 6th, the phone scoop will be lit for CiQC.

Thank you.

#5437 11 months ago

My flippers are fine. I set the power down a bit from factory but no problems and quite consistent.

#5438 11 months ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I have no such issue, never had any problems with flipper inconsistency or strength. All shots can be made consistently , so let's not generalize "The flippers on DI are problematic....." Please.

#5439 11 months ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not that I think I have a problem, but what coil sleeves do people rate most highly? Pinball Life WMS ones?

Either the ones on Pinball Life or Marco Specialties. They probably come from the same supplier. According to the previous owner, the game had 700 plays on it. New sleeves made a difference for me.

#5440 11 months ago

I'll try new sleeves and flipper return springs with default flipper strength. As far as alignment goes, I'll put them inline with the inlane guides, like I do with every game I have. I'll see if that makes a difference. If not, I'll up the coil strength a little bit...and if not after that, then I'll just learn to adjust to the game.

#5441 11 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I have no such issue, never had any problems with flipper inconsistency or strength. All shots can be made consistently , so let's not generalize "The flippers on DI are problematic....." Please.

I have had my share of issues with my DI but the flippers were never one of them. The only inconsistent thing in the flipping of my game is me. .

#5442 11 months ago

Just arrived in the mail!

FCE5341A-FDB6-4967-B62E-582FBD79889E (resized).jpeg
#5443 11 months ago

My DI LE has the factory installed non-Cliffy hole protectors. I find these the hardest things to deal with in completing modes. They seem to certainly make life more difficult in getting the ball in the slots, especially the SimCard slot, which doesn't get much love unless you can flip it 100% from the top flipper. I've ordered the Cliffy models but they are still a while away. I don't have problems with the flipper strength. The machine runs well and I trust it will be a little easier with the Cliffies installed.

#5444 11 months ago

I find the flippers to be tough to find the sweet spot. If you set the right one too soft, it will have trouble with the left orbit. If you set it too strong, you will get air balls off the posts and scoop. Also, I've noticed that both JJP pins I've had (WOZ and DI) are very susceptible to fluctuations in current over time (e.g., in the summer when the AC is running) such that you do need to change the settings on the coils from time to time.

#5445 11 months ago
Quoted from epotech:

OK, hate to do this really but...
JJP WHERE IS THE CODE? Last update was going on a year ago, my phone people still aren't animated.

Sounds like the next update should be coming soon, maybe it will be shown at Expo. From an October 1st posted "This Week In Pinball" interview with Jack.

"We have Dialed In LE games and literally a couple of CE games and again, a spectacular game that will also get another code update soon."

#5446 11 months ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Received My manual today, and is Unbelievable!!!
What a Joy to have!

Me too and this thing is insanely nice. It seriously weighs at least 5 lbs. Well done JJP.

#5447 11 months ago

I feel DI plays a little different than Stern games when it comes to the flippers. They don't feel as snappy as Stern. Just a matter of getting used to though. The game plays great.

#5448 11 months ago

Is there a difference between JJP hole protectors and Cliffy Hole protectors? I thought Cliffy was making them for JJP now? I had asked the previous owner to send in an order for me through JJP (as he still had the game).

#5449 11 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll try new sleeves and flipper return springs with default flipper strength. As far as alignment goes, I'll put them inline with the inlane guides, like I do with every game I have. I'll see if that makes a difference. If not, I'll up the coil strength a little bit...and if not after that, then I'll just learn to adjust to the game.

Make sure your leaf switches are adjusted correctly and that the flippers are not binding under the playfeild on the flipper bushings. LTG can explain it better than me if he wants to chime in. These adjustments made my flippers perfect.

#5450 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Make sure your leaf switches are adjusted correctly and that the flippers are not binding under the playfeild on the flipper bushings. LTG can explain it better than me if he wants to chime in. These adjustments made my flippers perfect.

I've done my fair share of flipper rebuilds

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 8,000.00
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside