IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 273.
#5301 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Believe me, if the lighting could be used to that effect, we would have used it as described. Unfortunately, it just looks bad to have the lane light on while there's something on the screen.
--Ted

Can we compromise and get an operator setting to change it ourselves?

#5302 5 years ago

Anyone experience ball deflects that bounce off of that ticket target and hit the crossing lower wireframe ramp? It happens sometimes along with the ball hitting the scoop rubber post to the left and jumping up hitting that wireframe. Left flipper is usually the suspect and strength is standard. I raised the wireform but still happens. Not all the time...

#5303 5 years ago

Anyone experience distorted sound on high notes in the music? Same with or without noise isolator and regardless of volume.

#5304 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone experience ball deflects that bounce off of that ticket target and hit the crossing lower wireframe ramp? It happens sometimes along with the ball hitting the scoop rubber post to the left and jumping up hitting that wireframe. Left flipper is usually the suspect and strength is standard. I raised the wireform but still happens. Not all the time...

I sometimes get airballs that land on the wireform and head down it like I made a ramp shot.

Quoted from JayLar:

Anyone experience distorted sound on high notes in the music? Same with or without noise isolator and regardless of volume.

Check the wires going to the speakers in the back box. I had one with a shaky connection that was causing the high sounds and some voices to be low or distorted.

#5305 5 years ago

Like Nokoro I have been getting a lot of airballs that always land in the wireform that feeds the right flipper. Not a big deal, but it happens every game now and I’m confused as to why it’s happening. Also wanted to add that this game is a couple of code tweeks away from greatness. Like upper A game, top 5 greatness. One more monster code update with fixes, more balanced scoring, more oomph in the existing multiballs and some new multiballs, enhanced wizard modes and more utilization of the periphery modes/toys (Bob’s, drones, theater) we could be looking at a top 3 machine. I have a good feeling we’ll get there too, this thing is so great to shoot.

#5306 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Like nokoro I have been getting a lot of airballs that always land in the wireform that feeds the right flipper. Not a big deal, but it happens every game now and I’m confused as to why it’s happening. Also wanted to add that this game is a couple of code tweeks away from greatness. Like upper A game, top 5 greatness. One more monster code update with fixes, more balanced scoring, more oomph in the existing multiballs and some new multiballs, enhanced wizard modes and more utilization of the periphery modes/toys (Bob’s, drones, theater) we could be looking at a top 3 machine. I have a good feeling we’ll get there too, this thing is so great to shoot.

I know the code update is going to add a MB and some animations. Does anyone have solid reason to believe we’ll also get scoring tweaks in the BOB modes, MBs, etc.? I know we all here want some scoring tweaks and talk about it a lot. I just haven’t heard if we’ll actually get it.

#5307 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I know the code update is going to add a MB and some animations. Does anyone have solid reason to believe we’ll also get scoring tweaks in the BOB modes, MBs, etc.? I know we all here want some scoring tweaks and talk about it a lot. I just haven’t heard if we’ll actually get it.

Nope, Ted would need to chime in and confirm anything. I believe even that multiball was extrapolated from a new rule sheet somebody put out. The last code update they did for Hobbit was PHENOMENAL though, so any tweaks for DI will only make
A great game
Excellent

#5308 5 years ago

Another week of playing.....another week of enjoying a great game!

#5309 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I'd also like to throw in a request to clean up (or significantly reduce) the non-disaster "Shoot the ...." callouts.

Pretty much the whole playfield is lit outside of the disaster modes for combos, locks, hurry-ups, Bob stuff, ect. The shooting directions can be confusing for new players and don't make much sense or help to experienced players. I've always just told people to ignore her outside of the disaster modes.

#5310 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe even that multiball was extrapolated from a new rule sheet somebody put out.

Correct... It comes right from the rule sheet map in the latest version of the official DI owners manual (which is available for download on the JJP website).

#5311 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'd also like to throw in a request to clean up (or significantly reduce) the non-disaster "Shoot the ...." callouts.
Pretty much the whole playfield is lit outside of the disaster modes for combos, locks, hurry-ups, Bob stuff, ect. The shooting directions can be confusing for new players and don't make much sense or help to experienced players. I've always just told people to ignore her outside of the disaster modes.

Completely agree!

#5312 5 years ago

I had a problem with my phone having a red tint, so JJP replaced the phone under warranty. Now, the phone's display is out of alignment. See the photo. If I restart the game two or three time, it eventually works. It's hasn't been properly aligned the first boot since I installed it last Thursday.

Any ideas? Or is this another JJP tech support ticket?

IMG_1490 (resized).jpgIMG_1490 (resized).jpg

#5313 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I had a problem with my phone having a red tint, so JJP replaced the phone under warranty. Now, the phone's display is out of alignment. See the photo. If I restart the game two or three time, it eventually works. It's hasn't been properly aligned the first boot since I installed it last Thursday.
Any ideas? Or is this another JJP tech support ticket?
[quoted image]

That is weird! The offset is a setting though, I would open a ticket.

#5314 5 years ago

The ball is being ejected from the phone scoop straight down the middle—any advice?

#5315 5 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

The ball is being ejected from the phone scoop straight down the middle—any advice?

Try playing with the coil strength in the adjustments.

My phone scoop used to eject and hit the right sling...I played with the coil strength (lowered it a lot in my case) and it now ejects to the flipper pretty much every time.

#5316 5 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

Another possibility ( that happened to me ) is if the ball is clipping the slingshot it may be catching the wireform that passes overhead because the top of the scoop is straightening over time. In that case just bend it back down slightly so its missing the wireform.

#5317 5 years ago

Thanks for the tips!

#5318 5 years ago

I'd also like to chime in that the multi ball should be more rewarding in points. They are almost worthless compared to the disaster modes and big bangs.

#5319 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'd also like to chime in that the multi ball should be more rewarding in points. They are almost worthless compared to the disaster modes and big bangs.

I couldn't agree more with this. Multiball is only helpful in some modes and to help collect lit sim cards. Other than that, it's pointless. No awesome jackpots. It makes it so everytime I get multiball without a mode or sim card lit I end up hating myself for starting it. It shouldn't be that way.

#5320 5 years ago

Not disagreeing but with no awesome jackpots it really puts the emphasis on accumulating sim cards which have the potential for dramatic score enlargement. I think what I am trying to say is some machines are all about the multi ball jackpots, some aren't. which begs the question does a game need to have multi ball jackpots to be fun/great/complete?

#5321 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Not disagreeing but with no awesome jackpots it really puts the emphasis on accumulating sim cards which have the potential for dramatic score enlargement. I think what I am trying to say is some machines are all about the multi ball jackpots, some aren't. which begs the question does a game need to have multi ball jackpots to be fun/great/complete?

I get what he’s saying though - the multiballs are fun, but they can feel “forced” on you and there’s not a lot to make them worthwhile. On the BOB multiballs, if you beat them you earn a SIM card, which wouldn’t be the worst idea for these either. And these have much more of a “beat the bad guy” feel to them since you are actually being attacked!

#5322 5 years ago

I'm just saying that the best light shows and interactions are in the multi-ball. The score should reflect the show at least a little!

#5323 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I get what he’s saying though - the multiballs are fun, but they can feel “forced” on you and there’s not a lot to make them worthwhile. On the BOB multiballs, if you beat them you earn a SIM card, which wouldn’t be the worst idea for these either. And these have much more of a “beat the bad guy” feel to them since you are actually being attacked!

^^^ All this! ^^^

I forgot about the completion of the multiballs. At least there's a reward for it, and a cool one at that, but once the reward is earned you then gotta just wait for a ball to drain so you can continue playing the game. I hate that part.

Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm just saying that the best light shows and interactions are in the multi-ball. The score should reflect the show at least a little!

Agreed. Multiball has always been the most exciting part of pinball. You shouldn't be bummed out when it happens. I feel that way far too often with DI.

#5324 5 years ago

I totally agree that the standard lock a ball(s) in the station multi ball really interrupts the game unless you have a mode going before starting it.

#5325 5 years ago

I would say this is part of the game. Each and every shot is only worth a lot in the right moment. I.e. the subway shot is worth nothing until a sim card is lit. But if you earn a sim card with it, it is one of the most valuable shot. Same with the multiball. It is worth allmost nothing (but fun to reach for newbies), unless you have a suitable mode started or a lot of sim cards to collect. So it is part of the strategy to start the multiball at the right time. I think this is a nice concept compared to other games where the mutliball is giving high points no matter what you prepared. I really like this concept as it adds a strategic value to it.

BUT... I agree that the forces multiballs can be annoying. Of course this can be considered as part of the risk - I cannot avoid the multiball as long as I want if I drain a ball while a multiball is waiting. I also should wait with the locking of the balls until I have sim cards stacked to avoid it start with the next mode. So it is kind of oppisite to other games, where I try to lock balls as soon as possible to start as many mutliballs as I can to get high points, because I have to avoid the locking as long as I think I can stack more value to the multiball and make sure I am not forced into a worthless multiball.

So in the end I am not totally happy with the way it is, now, but I can imagine that a free choice of delaying / starting a multiball would make it very boring.

#5326 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

I would say this is part of the game. Each and every shot is only worth a lot in the right moment

That‘s a good way of looking at it. Sometimes though you‘re forced to lock a ball during a mode so you can‘t completely control when you get multiball. I have not gotten too deep into controlling which mode I enter, but I suppose there could be a whole strategy behind avoiding modes that force you to lock balls when you don‘t want to.

#5327 5 years ago

suppose this has been asked already (post 1332 didnt help me) : how easy (or not) it is to remove the backbox from the cab, as i have some tight stairs to climb... (and of course dont have the pinball in my hands right now)

tanx

#5328 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

suppose this has been asked already (post 1332 didnt help me) : how easy (or not) it is to remove the backbox from the cab, as i have some tight stairs to climb... (and of course dont have the pinball in my hands right now)
tanx

It’s hard for a newer game. The back box is heavy as HELL because the whole game is inside it. You will need to desolder the cabinet woofer, and open up the computer case inside the back box in order to get to some of the wires. By comparison, WOZ and hobbit are a breeze. But it is not impossible. It probably took me 2 hours vs 10 minutes for WOZ and Hobbit. But it’s possible, just make sure you get help. Removing the play field is about as easy as TH/WOZ, which is to say not too tough: The play field and back box are very heavy

#5329 5 years ago

Waiting for a new drone since one broke down. Anyone exchanged their drones (mine is the bottom left) and can share tips on how to do it?

#5331 5 years ago

Ordered my manual, they already put it through !

#5332 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s hard for a newer game. The back box is heavy as HELL because the whole game is inside it. You will need to desolder the cabinet woofer, and open up the computer case inside the back box in order to get to some of the wires. By comparison, WOZ and hobbit are a breeze. But it is not impossible. It probably took me 2 hours vs 10 minutes for WOZ and Hobbit. But it’s possible, just make sure you get help. Removing the play field is about as easy as TH/WOZ, which is to say not too tough: The play field and back box are very heavy

than may be removing the PF is a better idea... will check for more on this
tanx

#5333 5 years ago

LTG and community. My QED Guy is making a bunch of noise when he’s moving. Sounds like it needs some lubricant somewhere. Does anybody know where to lubricate this guy to reduce the squeeking when he’s moving?

#5334 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

where to lubricate this guy to reduce the squeeking when he’s moving?

Not much there. Motor - shaft - gear box - crank that moves him. I'd put a drop of oil on the moving parts like shaft coming out of motor, into gear box, out of gear box. See if that helps.

LTG : )

#5335 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Waiting for a new drone since one broke down. Anyone exchanged their drones (mine is the bottom left) and can share tips on how to do it?

It’s not very hard. The wires just run from the drone through a hole in the pf and plug in to a board underneath. The longest part is taking off the plastics to get to the wiring. Just be sure to have some small zip ties available to secure the new wiring.

#5336 5 years ago

While the discussion regarding update wishes is still going. I am sure I am not the only person who would love a pause function. It could be activated possibly by holding in the start button for more than 5 seconds for example. The next time the ball enters a VUK, subway or lock it could be held until the start is held again for 5 seconds. Using the start may be difficult for one legged users as a knee would have to be used but I am sure pretty quickly someone could come up with a better way. The phone app could display a huge red pause button on your phone for example.

#5337 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

The phone app could display a huge red pause button on your phone for example.

The phone app wont work with mine. I even showed Eric how the app would just freeze at level 257 with that pin. One wish for me would be for them to make the phone app more robust for connections (android) and the related Bluetooth functions in the game. Maybe some troubleshooting menus for that in the game and/or app. My friend with a paralyzed arm would love for that to work. Going to make yet another attempt at it when he comes over this weekend.

#5338 5 years ago

Anyone know where this plastic comes from? I found it wedged in my trap door!
It has the number 03 on it.

57A31166-5407-49D3-9957-67BCDB42FBCB (resized).jpeg57A31166-5407-49D3-9957-67BCDB42FBCB (resized).jpeg
#5339 5 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

It’s not very hard. The wires just run from the drone through a hole in the pf and plug in to a board underneath. The longest part is taking off the plastics to get to the wiring. Just be sure to have some small zip ties available to secure the new wiring.

Thanks! Hopefully I wont screw up

#5340 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

While the discussion regarding update wishes is still going. I am sure I am not the only person who would love a pause function. It could be activated possibly by holding in the start button for more than 5 seconds for example. The next time the ball enters a VUK, subway or lock it could be held until the start is held again for 5 seconds. Using the start may be difficult for one legged users as a knee would have to be used but I am sure pretty quickly someone could come up with a better way. The phone app could display a huge red pause button on your phone for example.

Speaking of that, doesn't DI have the option to pause the game through opening the coin door? I had an airball land outside the playfield yesterday and lost the ball when putting back the glass. Couldn't find the setting in the setup. That would really be appreciated in a code update.

#5341 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Check the wires going to the speakers in the back box. I had one with a shaky connection that was causing the high sounds and some voices to be low or distorted.

Can´t see anything strange about the cables. Should I remove the metal casing and look behind it as well?

Here´s a video of my game at volume 16 (not very high): https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfdnj0sre4oj12k/2018-09-21%2019.00.53.mp4?dl=0
It´s the tearing sound towards the end that bugs me. Anyone else getting this (is it normal)?

#5342 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Can´t see anything strange about the cables. Should I remove the metal casing and look behind it as well?
Here´s a video of my game at volume 16 (not very high): https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfdnj0sre4oj12k/2018-09-21%2019.00.53.mp4?dl=0
It´s the tearing sound towards the end that bugs me. Anyone else getting this (is it normal)?

That sounds a little different than what I was experiencing. Have you gone into test mode and run diagnostics on the speakers? When I did that, I very quickly discovered that I was having an intermittent problem with the right speaker. I did have to open up the metal casing and play with the wires going to the speakers to figure out that the wire was at fault.

#5343 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That sounds a little different than what I was experiencing. Have you gone into test mode and run diagnostics on the speakers? When I did that, I very quickly discovered that I was having an intermittent problem with the right speaker. I did have to open up the metal casing and play with the wires going to the speakers to figure out that the wire was at fault.

Doing some more testing, including switching cables between left and right, I´ve found that the left speaker seems to be the culprit. It appears that it is cracked somehow, making a certain tone level sound teared up. This is very strange as I´ve never played the game above volume 17 (got very sensitive neighbours). Is it hard/expensive to switch out the speaker myself? Should I contact JJP and claim it under warranty?

#5344 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Doing some more testing, including switching cables between left and right, I´ve found that the left speaker seems to be the culprit. It appears that it is cracked somehow, making a certain tone level sound teared up. This is very strange as I´ve never played the game above volume 17 (got very sensitive neighbours). Is it hard/expensive to switch out the speaker myself? Should I contact JJP and claim it under warranty?

Yes. Contact JJP. I’m not sure how hard it is to swap the speaker out. It is probably just a matter of working in a tight space more than anything, but I haven’t done it yet so I don’t know how tight it is.

#5345 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes. Contact JJP. I’m not sure how hard it is to swap the speaker out. It is probably just a matter of working in a tight space more than anything, but I haven’t done it yet so I don’t know how tight it is.

Guessing it will take a considerable time getting a new speaker from JJP, does anyone know the specs for the backbox speakers?

#5346 5 years ago

JJP will probably ship one to you within a day or two of your calling them. They're great that way.

#5347 5 years ago

Where is the best place to order target decals from?

#5348 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Where is the best place to order target decals from?

Got mine from Mezel mods, happy with them.

#5349 5 years ago

Got my Dialed In manual. Wow! Worth the wait. This sucker’s huge! Maybe 3.5 pounds and extremely well done. High quality-first class all the way as always. Thanks Jersey Jack Pinball!
It includes 60 full color pages with pictures on the design and making of Dialed In as well as many many pictures from various shows leading up to the official release of Dialed In!

C8A827D4-680C-4611-84AB-BE72B23D751A (resized).jpegC8A827D4-680C-4611-84AB-BE72B23D751A (resized).jpeg
#5350 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Got my Dialed In manual. Wow! Worth the wait. This sucker’s huge! Maybe 3.5 pounds and extremely well done. High quality-first class all the way as always. Thanks Jersey Jack Pinball!
It includes 60 full color pages with pictures on the design and making of Dialed In as well as many many pictures from various shows leading up to the official release of Dialed In!
[quoted image]

I’m curious, when did you order it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/107?hl=pb_lawww and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.