IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 273.
#5251 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I am seriously considering this as well, as the game is so damn hard. Just too bad having to play the game any other way Pat intended too.
Maybe the code update will make sim memory on factory standard?

I always have SIM card save on; you are right, the game is too hard without it. You'd never make it to the end without having that on - it's hard enough to earn the darn things!

#5252 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I always have SIM card save on; you are right, the game is too hard without it. You'd never make it to the end without having that on - it's hard enough to earn the darn things!

I might need to try this never have

#5253 5 years ago

Anyway to increase GI brightness like you can in the other jjp games? Should be right? Can't find....

Also if someone has a picture of their top right flipper underneath and above pf, please post here thanks

#5254 5 years ago

Checked the DI manual and wanted to find the part for flipper springs. says 13-007001-00 flipper spring but that doesn't tie to anything online. I'm going with this one - most common apparently. Lmk if that's not correct. thanks

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=306

#5255 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Lmk if that's not correct.

Yes. That will work fine.

LTG : )

#5256 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. That will work fine.
LTG : )

Thanks!

So I've been trying to tweak this today - top right flipper. This is my 2nd dialed in and I just feel like the timing feels different to nail the shot up the jackpot ramp. It feels early to me. Is there something that could be causing this? The timing that I remember is sending the ball to the sim card area. I checked the flipper - seems mechanically fine. Could the spring cause this as I was adjusting it when I first got it (as it wasn't on properly - the flipper was not returning). Strength is 20 already.

The flipper is designed to sit flat against the rail right (not be position "out" at all right - expected to be flush?).

Edit - leveling the game again helped...funny I don't remember it being so dark. Can't find GI brightness increase which is too bad.

#5257 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I finally set my Sim to stay lit after drains. Okay, I admit that the game gets 20% better with this small adjustment. My apologies to all the pus.. I mean people that I called pussies.

I’m close. I thought after a month or so I’d master that shot or at least get decent at it.....not even close.

#5258 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I’m close. I thought after a month or so I’d master that shot or at least get decent at it.....not even close.

I have most of my other pins jacked up and set to maximum difficulty, so I strive for a healthy challenge in a home environment, but dialed in was frustrating me. I was able to finish all the modes once in a while, especially after installing real Cliffy's, but the furthest I made it on Sims was DIALED, and this only happened once. Usually I get about 3 Sims per game with stock settings. Out of a goal of eight, it's pretty brutal, and I consider myself a good player. Once I turned on sim memory and switched tilt to be 2 warnings per ball like all other modern pins, the game has opened up and feels like my other pins, difficulty-wise.
I am adamantly against nerfing collection games as you can play them till you die, but there are firsts for everything. These nerfed settings should be stock.

#5259 5 years ago

I seem to have a problem with Monkey Wrench Multiball. When playing I am passing the diverter and it is not registering as a successful pass. I have tested the three switches with the ball independently (up the ramp, just before Betty and just after Betty) it is recognising attempts but not successful passes. I have tested them in the multiball and outside it with same results, all register a score. Any ideas.

#5260 5 years ago

Are you supposed to be able to make a right orbit shot, or have I only been lucky the two times it has happened?

#5261 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I seem to have a problem with Monkey Wrench Multiball. When playing I am passing the diverter and it is not registering as a successful pass. I have tested the three switches with the ball independently (up the ramp, just before Betty and just after Betty) it is recognising attempts but not successful passes. I have tested them in the multiball and outside it with same results, all register a score. Any ideas.

are you making the shot cleanly or it is hitting betty's arm when its partway up and stopping then going under when the arm is fully out of the way? The shot is timed, if its not clean it wont count.

#5262 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Are you supposed to be able to make a right orbit shot, or have I only been lucky the two times it has happened?

what is the failure? it its getting most of the way and rejected on a fast clean shot? If so then its riding up the wall slightly and backing into the opening for the ramp from the left orbit. The cutout is just a hair higher than half the ball height. It would work better if the ramp and cut out was 1/8 to 1/4" higher. the higher the better but you need clearance under the upper ramp too

#5263 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Best guess: The "before" and "after" switches are reversed.
--Ted

#5264 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

what is the failure? it its getting most of the way and rejected on a fast clean shot? If so then its riding up the wall slightly and backing into the opening for the ramp from the left orbit. The cutout is just a hair higher than half the ball height. It would work better if the ramp and cut out was 1/8 to 1/4" higher. the higher the better but you need clearance under the upper ramp too

Usually it goes to the ramp or if the shot is too hard it hits the edge to the orbit blocking the shot. Recently I've had a couple of succesful orbit-shots and it made me wonder if it's intended to do that.

#5265 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Usually it goes to the ramp or if the shot is too hard it hits the edge to the orbit blocking the shot. Recently I've had a couple of succesful orbit-shots and it made me wonder if it's intended to do that.

it shoudln't hit there but that ramp is just too low, if the ball is up off the PF at all the balls midline gets above the cutout and runs up and the shot fails. I think it would be good if there is any room to raise the ramp and that guide an 1/8 of an inch, washers under the supports maybe. but like i mentioned I don't know if that would leave clearance above the ramp for the other orbit.

#5266 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

wait you mean you've gone right orbit all the way though to the left orbit? no it should not do that ever, but on rare occasions does happen if the ball really gets up the guide and off the PF.

#5267 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

wait you mean you've gone right orbit all the way though to the left orbit? no it should not do that ever, but on rare occasions does happen if the ball really gets up the guide and off the PF.

Yep that's what I meant. It was rather cool actually, made me feel like I was playing Star Trek.

#5268 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

Best guess: The "before" and "after" switches are reversed.
--Ted

And the lateral thinking award goes to Ted. Thanks mate.

#5269 5 years ago

After 3 or so days of "dialing in" dialed in.... she really is purring. Butter smooth...

#5270 5 years ago

Im looking for how others set their Phone VUK.
When I received mine, it was set to an impotent dribble of a throw.
I messed with the settings, and when I get it to the speed I like, it hits the bottom of the metal wire ramp.
So I bend down the VUK, and pull up the ramp, and its mostly solved, but the ramp return loop is slow and its not 100%.
Has anyone put additional washers on the wire ramp to raise it up with no issues?
Other solutions? Settings?

Appreciate the help, Ive messed with this for some time....

#5271 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im looking for how others set their Phone VUK.
When I received mine, it was set to an impotent dribble of a throw.
I messed with the settings, and when I get it to the speed I like, it hits the bottom of the metal wire ramp.
So I bend down the VUK, and pull up the ramp, and its mostly solved, but the ramp return loop is slow and its not 100%.
Has anyone put additional washers on the wire ramp to raise it up with no issues?
Other solutions? Settings?
Appreciate the help, Ive messed with this for some time....

That doesn’t sound normal. Mine kicks it at a nice speed to the right flipper 80% of the time such that I can do a nice drop catch. The other 20% can be a bit more of a dribble so I have to stay on my toes. I’ve never had it hit the wireform.

#5272 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That doesn’t sound normal. Mine kicks it at a nice speed to the right flipper 80% of the time such that I can do a nice drop catch. The other 20% can be a bit more of a dribble so I have to stay on my toes. I’ve never had it hit the wireform.

Agreed, this doesn’t sound normal Art. Mine spits it out mid right flipper 100% of the time. Maybe Lloyd will chime in.

#5273 5 years ago

I has the same VUK problem. Bending the VUK and adjusting the strength fixed it beautifully. I didn’t bend the ramp. Maybe bend it back.

#5274 5 years ago

Anyone here have any inside info on the next software update timeframe?
How about the printed manuals?

Junky

#5275 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Junky

I Wonder the Same

#5276 5 years ago

Also, does anyone know for sure what's still supposed to be included in future updates?

#5277 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Also, does anyone know for sure what's still supposed to be included in future updates?

The only things I've heard is completing animations for the people on the phone (some are currently animated, some are static images) and the addition of a new multiball tied to the four theater modes (called Quantum Theater Multiball). I imagine there will be some other things, but these are the only things I've seen directly mentioned. Perhaps JJP/Ted have mentioned other things and I missed them...

The game is great as is, but I am looking forward to some additions and polish. I think it has been about 9-10 months since we've had a significant code update...

#5278 5 years ago

Junky

If I had to guess, they'll preview it at Expo, release a little while later after feedback.

#5279 5 years ago

The next update should also let you score SIM cards when you drop into the SIM card hole during Chaos in Quantum City mode.

#5280 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The next update should also let you score SIM cards when you drop into the SIM card hole during Chaos in Quantum City mode.

Aah! I hadn’t even realised this wasn’t happening already

#5281 5 years ago

I think it would be an improvement if you got a lot more points for hitting those lottery tickets!

#5282 5 years ago

I hope they slightly adjust the EMP strike mode. The majority of the time the ball drops out of the theater for me and the magnets basically direct it right into the drain. I think if they lowered the activity of the magnet slightly the mode would be more fun to play. I've seen videos with some of the top players that are even advising viewers to just pause that mode. It shouldn't be like that.

#5283 5 years ago

You can adjust the strength of the magnet activity in the settings.

#5284 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I hope they slightly adjust the EMP strike mode. The majority of the time the ball drops out of the theater for me and the magnets basically direct it right into the drain. I think if they lowered the activity of the magnet slightly the mode would be more fun to play. I've seen videos with some of the top players that are even advising viewers to just pause that mode. It shouldn't be like that.

No! The magnet activity makes that mode fun and unpredictable. I occasionally get a SDTM, but I am able to finish that mode 4 out of 5 times. Also, it's always fun to watch new players play that mode.

#5285 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

No! The magnet activity makes that mode fun and unpredictable. I occasionally get a SDTM, but I am able to finish that mode 4 out of 5 times. Also, it's always fun to watch new players play that mode.

I can only finish it about 1 out of 4. It is a very risky mode and I am increasingly avoiding it. I don't want the rules changed though

#5286 5 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I can only finish it about 1 out of 4. It is a very risky mode and I am increasingly avoiding it. I don't want the rules changed though

I usually trap up the ball on the left flipper, then a strong fast hit to the theater almost always works. If the ball is floating around or not moving quickly, the magnets will definitely have their way with it.

#5287 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I usually trap up the ball on the left flipper, then a strong fast hit to the theater almost always works. If the ball is floating around or not moving quickly, the magnets will definitely have their way with it.

This works for me as well sometimes - but there are still a LOT of times when the ball comes back out of the theater and SDTM, and of course I also have the times when they all just rockets down the middle after the magnet grabs it and -drain.

I wish they could add some code to grab the ball at that drone magnet after you successfully make a shot. May not be physically possible but it would help a lot

#5288 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This works for me as well sometimes - but there are still a LOT of times when the ball comes back out of the theater and SDTM, and of course I also have the times when they all just rockets down the middle after the magnet grabs it and -drain.
I wish they could add some code to grab the ball at that drone magnet after you successfully make a shot. May not be physically possible but it would help a lot

The drone magnet does grab the ball? Mine does a fair amount... its pretty cool

#5289 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is what happens to me. Easy to hit it but the catch and release is tricky!

#5290 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The drone magnet does grab the ball? Mine does a fair amount... its pretty cool

I meant and stop it when the ball comes out of the theatre - like in Met or something. Or at least throw the ball to the right - mine frequently gets pulled straight between the flippers

#5291 5 years ago

The update should make some of the bob modes worth more. At this point they are all pointless to play.

#5292 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

The update should make some of the bob modes worth more. At this point they are all pointless to play.

Agreed...I think a little score balancing would be welcomed in the next update.

Does anyone else feel like under attack multiball is a little flat? I mean, I like the attack aspect, but I feel like it is missing something, but I can't put my finger on what it is. The game is a gem...I am just being nit-picky

#5293 5 years ago

Looking to join the club in a couple weeks! I'll be making a 14hr round trip pick it up...but I've been waiting for one to get listed near enough for me to pick up. Can't FREAKING wait!

#5294 5 years ago

I'm really hoping they actually implement the Pepper's Ghost effect at the Theater properly. What should be a really neat effect where you appear to 'hit' the item on the screen is ruined by the fact that the backlight on the playfield is left off during screen effects. No idea why they did it this way. If you go into Operator Settings, the JJP logo will appear on the Theater with the proper Pepper's Ghost effect, if you're not sure of the difference.

#5295 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Agreed...I think a little score balancing would be welcomed in the next update.
Does anyone else feel like under attack multiball is a little flat? I mean, I like the attack aspect, but I feel like it is missing something, but I can't put my finger on what it is. The game is a gem...I am just being nit-picky

I haven't paid too much attention to the non-disaster mode scoring, but it does seem like a lot of those side modes aren't worth chasing. Lottery Frenzy is kind of a joke. Some score balancing would be nice.

Under Attack multiball starts off slow but can become intense the better you're doing. I think it's okay. I just wish I wasn't forced to deal with it so early in the game.

#5296 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

it shoudln't hit there but that ramp is just too low, if the ball is up off the PF at all the balls midline gets above the cutout and runs up and the shot fails. I think it would be good if there is any room to raise the ramp and that guide an 1/8 of an inch, washers under the supports maybe. but like i mentioned I don't know if that would leave clearance above the ramp for the other orbit.

Did any buddy figure out any more fixes for this issue other than puting tape on the ramp flap to smooth out the transition.

#5297 5 years ago

Just received my third trap door.I hope this one last longer than one month! I have no idea why these ramps are breaking so often? I wish there was some kind of mod to strengthen the spring steel,that keeps breaking on me.
At the rate I'm going,I'll need eight ramps per year.

#5298 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Did any buddy figure out any more fixes for this issue other than puting tape on the ramp flap to smooth out the transition.

Yes, you can bend the flap down using linesman pliers. That's what I did and it is perfect now.

#5299 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I'm really hoping they actually implement the Pepper's Ghost effect at the Theater properly. What should be a really need effect where you appear to 'hit' the item on the screen is ruined by the fact that the backlight on the playfield is left off during screen effects. No idea why they did it this way. If you go into Operator Settings, the JJP logo will appear on the Theater with the proper Pepper's Ghost effect, if you're not sure of the difference.

Believe me, if the lighting could be used to that effect, we would have used it as described. Unfortunately, it just looks bad to have the lane light on while there's something on the screen.
--Ted

#5300 5 years ago

Lighting mod?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/106?hl=silverwings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.