IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 273.
#5201 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

+1 - My friend with one arm uses his knee on the flipper button and does pretty decent (surprisingly). Wish I could get the app to work. It only worked 1 time for me, so I know its possible. The app just freezes when it starts up. There's no opportunity to press the left flipper button to search for the match.

you don't push anything to search for a match. the came will connect if its on and the phone app is on. you hold the buttons after its connected in order to link a phone to the current player after the game is started, but before they shoot it into play. It unfortunately often does have a problem making that first connection.

#5202 5 years ago

I'm growing frustrated with the Bob's ball jamming issue. I've tried pulling the solenoid bracket towards the front of the playfield as recommended, but this has not resolved the issue. I'm not sure how it would considering the ball is jammed between the playfield and the lower subway bracket.

Am I doing this right? It's probably happened about 10-15 times in the last 100 games.

IMG_1441 (resized).jpgIMG_1441 (resized).jpg

#5203 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Is it on a dedicated outlet? I know of a machine that did the same and the issue was too many machines connected to a single breaker.

Interesting! I doubt it is as it’s in a single bank of 40 games along one wall. I will check that out.

#5204 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm growing frustrated with the Bob's ball jamming issue. I've tried pulling the solenoid bracket towards the front of the playfield as recommended, but this has not resolved the issue. I'm not sure how it would considering the ball is jammed between the playfield and the lower subway bracket.
Am I doing this right? It's probably happened about 10-15 times in the last 100 games.
[quoted image]

Mine has done this as well- the issue is a right-to-left movement problem, not up and down like you might expect. There’s too much play in the hinge to make it works perfectly every time. Unless you lube or rebuild it

#5205 5 years ago

I had this same problem. Look at post #5068. I closed up that gap with some velcro and cardboard. Worked like a charm, and have not had the issue since.

It also makes a nice 'thud' sound instead of a 'clank' when it goes into the trap door

It's a design flaw, but fixable. If you'd like, I can take some pictures of how it looks currently.

I did have to remove the screws and pull the assembly away from underneath the playfield a bit in order to get good access and velcro the cardbord to the inside of the bracket. Just make sure it's not cut too tall to interfere with the trap door closing all of the way.

Quoted from Allibaster:

[quoted image]

#5206 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:Mine has done this as well- the issue is a right-to-left movement problem, not up and down like you might expect. There’s too much play in the hinge to make it works perfectly every time. Unless you lube or rebuild it

2018-08-28 07-53-34_Dialed In Owners and Fans Club _ All clubs (...members only!) _ Pinside.com (resized).jpg2018-08-28 07-53-34_Dialed In Owners and Fans Club _ All clubs (...members only!) _ Pinside.com (resized).jpg
#5207 5 years ago

Finally got the app working this am. Didn't realize that with the app I can trigger Big Bang. Man that will make some of these modes so much easier!

#5208 5 years ago

BTW Absolutely love my JJP.. so put down a deposit for a WOZ. cant wait!

#5209 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I've been tempted, but I'm going to wait and see what Lawlor does with them next instead.

#5210 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I'm heading in this direction as well. I've bought and sold all of the current JJP games except DI, which is staying. Now I've tried a bunch of other games, and only a handful have remained in the "won't sell" pile. TZ, DI, MB for sure. I'm getting frustrated with Houdini and Scared Stiff, both of which I thought were never-sell games.

#5211 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Finally got the app working this am. Didn't realize that with the app I can trigger Big Bang. Man that will make some of these modes so much easier!

you will lose your shots completed bonus for any mode using big bang. You only get the bonus for shots you actually complete. Its the same for the big bang shot in the game. Its a nice risk reward balance. complete the mode for sure but get less points and have a shot a a sim card. or complete the mode manuallly for more points but risk not completing it and getting no sim card chance.

#5212 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

you will lose your shots completed bonus for any mode using big bang. You only get the bonus for shots you actually complete. Its the same for the big bang shot in the game. Its a nice risk reward balance. complete the mode for sure but get less points and have a shot a a sim card. or complete the mode manuallly for more points but risk not completing it and getting no sim card chance.

Point stuff is a little bit over my head... I have no grasp of it, kind of like my Star Wars multiplier thingy.. I have no clue.

#5213 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Point stuff is a little bit over my head... I have no grasp of it, kind of like my Star Wars multiplier thingy.. I have no clue.

you get points for every shot you make in a mode. if there are 5 shots to make and you make all 5 for 10K each, you get 50K in points (x sim cards collected) + the mode base value. maybe some other stuff. if you use big bang you get the mode base plus if you complete 3 out of 5 shots before big bang, you'd get 30K (x sims cards collected) rather than 50K.

#5214 5 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

[quoted image]

Thanks. Did you install to the inside or outside of the bracket?

#5215 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm getting frustrated with Houdini and Scared Stiff, both of which I thought were never-sell games.

I've previously owned a Scared Stiff and thought it was a long time keeper, too. The problem is that the game is so basic, it becomes repetitive, predictable, and boring. For the amount of money they go for, I decided to sell and put that cash into other games.

I'm glad I owned it. It's always a fan favorite for guests. It just couldn't hang in there in a smaller collection. If it was worth half the cost, I probably would've kept it.

#5216 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I've previously owned a Scared Stiff and thought it was a long time keeper, too. The problem is that the game is so basic, it becomes repetitive, predictable, and boring. For the amount of money they go for, I decided to sell and put that cash into other games.
I'm glad I owned it. It's always a fan favorite for guests. It just couldn't hang in there in a smaller collection. If it was worth half the cost, I probably would've kept it.

I think the game is worth its high price, especially that it had a relatively limited run for games back then. It’s well integrated, very interesting playfield layout, and the spider is a one of a kind cool feature. But I agree 100% with everything else you said. It’s fun! It’s easy! Those are big virtues in my book - but I already have Monster Bash and they both can’t hang in a 5 game collection

#5217 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Thanks. Did you install to the inside or outside of the bracket?

The inside of the bracket. Much less likely to get ripped off from impacts on the inside. I had some adhesive velcro. I stuck the hook side to the inside metal part of the bracket, then I stuck the loop side to the piece of cardboard, after I cut it to size.

That way I can kind of slide the cardboard in and press it to the velcro. Pretty easy to pull out and trim to size if it's too large or fouling with the trap door mechanics.

#5218 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Great move! The games work so well together in a collection because they are so different. DI is focused on modes and WOZ is focused on stacking. The layouts feel completely different, and while they both have plenty to shoot at, DI is a game with flow and WOZ is much more stop and go. I have both and love the contrast as I love both types of pin.

#5219 5 years ago

My WOZ is being delivered tomorrow and will sit next to my Dialed In

Quoted from Nokoro:

Great move! The games work so well together in a collection because they are so different. DI is focused on modes and WOZ is focused on stacking. The layouts feel completely different, and while they both have plenty to shoot at, DI is a game with flow and WOZ is much more stop and go. I have both and love the contrast as I love both types of pin.

#5220 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

y WOZ is being delivered tomorrow and will sit next to my Dialed In

My WOZRR sits right next to my DILE. In a small collection being that I downsized owning these two makes a great compliment for each other, both have great rules (woz going deeper here) with two totally different shooting layouts and flow, and the sounds and lighting are off the hook second to none.

#5221 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

My WOZ is being delivered tomorrow and will sit next to my Dialed In

You mean like this:

E4AA9666-7DA7-4316-A518-D4BF3CDCB12E (resized).jpegE4AA9666-7DA7-4316-A518-D4BF3CDCB12E (resized).jpeg

#5222 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You mean like this:
[quoted image]

Or like this? I have one between them to keep them separated. I likethat one a lot too.

FB_IMG_1535509206979 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1535509206979 (resized).jpg
#5223 5 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

The inside of the bracket. Much less likely to get ripped off from impacts on the inside. I had some adhesive velcro. I stuck the hook side to the inside metal part of the bracket, then I stuck the loop side to the piece of cardboard, after I cut it to size.
That way I can kind of slide the cardboard in and press it to the velcro. Pretty easy to pull out and trim to size if it's too large or fouling with the trap door mechanics.

I ended up installing a small piece of wood from a paint mixing stick and securing with double sided tape and electrical tape. It's a bit ghetto but seems to be working. No fetching balls in the cabinet after about 10 games last night. Thank you.

#5224 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I ended up installing a small piece of wood from a paint mixing stick and securing with double sided tape and electrical tape. It's a bit ghetto but seems to be working. No fetching balls in the cabinet after about 10 games last night. Thank you.

Nice!! Glad it worked out.

#5225 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

[quoted image]

I had a similar problem,my ball would go into the trap door,and then drop into the cabinet.I bent the small tab,that I'm pointing to in the picture,so the ball would no longer fit through the opening. If I were you,I'd bend the tab,so that the ball wouldn't go so deep into the bracket.
I'll show the before and after pictures,of the tab I'm talking about bending.
HTH
Ralph
IMG_20180717_105449669 (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_105449669 (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_134823740 (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_134823740 (resized).jpg

#5226 5 years ago

I haven't bought a pin in years, but we had a chance to play this at a barcade a few months ago. I think this might be my next pin. ...sigh pins are so pricey these days.

That being said there seem to be a ton of little issues here and there from the pages I've read. I know that the phone seems to be an issue, and that's a concern since it is the primary aspect of the game.

#5227 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I haven't bought a pin in years, but we had a chance to play this at a barcade a few months ago. I think this might be my next pin. ...sigh pins are so pricey these days.
That being said there seem to be a ton of little issues here and there from the pages I've read. I know that the phone seems to be an issue, and that's a concern since it is the primary aspect of the game.

Don't let the issues you read here dissuade you from buying. There's lots of issues that need to be addressed in any NIB game. It's just the process of dialing it in (no pun intended). I haven't had many issues with the game other than having to get the right ramp to not reject balls so often (which I was able to do with some felt tape). This was my third NIB purchase, and I always had a few issues to deal with.

#5228 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There’s really not - my game was built in Jan 2018, and I only had 1 issue with the trap door; you may have an issue - every game has something - but you won’t likely have all of them. JJP games are outstanding quality - and this game is FUN AS HELL. good choice

#5229 5 years ago

Damn this is one Great Game!!!
Addictive like no other!

#5230 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Damn this is one Great Game!!!
Addictive like no other!

Yep... one the best ever imo

#5231 5 years ago

I'm coming back..... Excited for the new code

#5232 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm coming back..... Excited for the new code

If they ever release it....

#5233 5 years ago

Oh they will and if it's anything like the Hobbit hold on

#5234 5 years ago

Even with the beautiful POTC, my DILE is going nowhere!! Love it so much.

#5235 5 years ago

Dialed In is the best game I’ve ever played. It’s just all around phenomenal.

#5236 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Oh they will and if it's anything like the Hobbit hold on

Don’t get too excited - Hobbit had a lot of gaps; DI is pretty complete

#5237 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Don’t get too excited - Hobbit had a lot of gaps; DI is pretty complete

Agreed - DI is farther along but I feel like it really needs code to help make those bob MB's or any MB make sense to pursue. I'm interested in hearing other strategies right now besides hit electric guy, play mode and do it again...

#5238 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed - DI is farther along but I feel like it really needs code to help make those bob MB's or any MB make sense to pursue. I'm interested in hearing other strategies right now besides hit electric guy, play mode and do it again...

Well, nope that’s pretty much the game. It makes sense though - this game progresses much more like a video game than any other pin(especially when you get to the Boss battles). DI really pissed me off tonight. Had 2 great balls, completed 4 modes and 1 multi ball, got extra ball, and then ... pinball happened. Drain. Drain. Drain. Arrrgh..

#5239 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Even with the beautiful POTC, my DILE is going nowhere!! Love it so much.

I went to a large Stern-sponsored tournament and played dozens of different games, many of which I've played before but many of which I had not. Through it all, I missed my DI. It was better than any game I had played that weekend. Really made me appreciate that I have it in my possession.

When we get down the road another 10 years, I think it's gonna be looked at as one of the all-time greats.

#5240 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

When we get down the road another 10 years, I think it's gonna be looked at as one of the all-time greats.

Agree. Some people dismiss it because they don't like the theme or think it seems silly, but when you've progressed some playing it, it's such a beast!

#5241 5 years ago

so I get my dialed in today and first thing I'm hit with is trap door issue. If it's down, the switch does work to raise it when expected. Problem is I can see it struggles to actually close the door again. I'm out of time now to revisit but will tonight. If anyone knows of why it won't go down and what to focus on exactly, appreciate that info in advance - otherwise I will read through the troubleshooting as my previous DI never had this error. Thanks

EDIT - I did test to see if the latch coil works and it seems to make a noise but unless I push a little on the door it doesn't want to come down....

#5242 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I get my dialed in today and first thing I'm hit with is trap door issue. If it's down, the switch does work to raise it when expected. Problem is I can see it struggles to actually close the door again. I'm out of time now to revisit but will tonight. If anyone knows of why it won't go down and what to focus on exactly, appreciate that info in advance - otherwise I will read through the troubleshooting as my previous DI never had this error. Thanks

the posts are marked as key posts in this thread

#5243 5 years ago

I think I've finally decided that hitting the SIM scoop is a matter of skill and not just random luck. I've gotten ok at hitting it with the upper flipper. By ok, I still mean I hit it less than 20% of the time, but that's just due to it being an extremely tight shot that you have to hit exactly. The skill comes in by getting the ball up to the upper flipper enough times without draining that you eventually hit it.

#5244 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

the posts are marked as key posts in this thread

thanks - this was the best one! After almost 2hrs - all good! I think the main culprit was that bracket was not aligned. That and a few other small things - fixed....

foobeer You're AWESOME!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/26#post-4049572

#5245 5 years ago

I need some advice or help with my phone scoop.

All of the sudden, during gameplay, the phone scoop stopped detecting the ball about 20-25% of the time. Sometimes, I'll shoot it in there with a mode ready, and it'll just pop it back out not detecting the shot. It obviously knew it was in there, which is weird. Usually, I have to wait for the ball search to pop it out.

I tested it in the menu. The opto switch flashed a few times when I put the ball in, then goes solid green. It appears to be working from the menu. I also used some alcohol and cleaned the optos. No luck, though.

Any ideas?

#5246 5 years ago

Reseat connectors, be sure the connector for them is plugged into the opto driver board tight, maybe reseat it too.

If that fixes it. Good. If not try the connector at the opto driver board in a different spot then check in Tests - Switches - Matrixed, it will register as a different switch on the screen, if it's still flaky there, you have a bad opto.

LTG : )

#5247 5 years ago

man - Dialed In still plays just as smooth as I remembered it. Prob my fav package - so much going on and it just plays so damn well! Still tweaking my top right shot....initially it was half way up now it's flush but I feel like it's tough than I remember to hit it up the ramp....

#5248 5 years ago

Hoping for a little code update soon!

Made it to Showdown today. Man this game is fun! I didn’t make it though.. ugh, and I think I had to start over? I wasn’t about to do that and go through the whole game again so I just bailed. Still fun though !

#5249 5 years ago

I finally set my Sim to stay lit after drains. Okay, I admit that the game gets 20% better with this small adjustment. My apologies to all the pus.. I mean people that I called pussies.

#5250 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I finally set my Sim to stay lit after drains. Okay, I admit that the game gets 20% better with this small adjustment. My apologies to all the pus.. I mean people that I called pussies.

I am seriously considering this as well, as the game is so damn hard. Just too bad having to play the game any other way Pat intended too.

Maybe the code update will make sim memory on factory standard?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/105?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.