IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 273.
#5151 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm not sure what I'd prefer, just complaining.
It just seems too easy. The lock automatically lights after the first mode, then when you lock it through normal gameplay, the phone is no longer accessible to modes. I'm always feeling like I need to get that multiball out of the way in order to progress through the rest of the game. There's no avoiding it. The multiball is fun, but it's awarded so early in the game play, every game, that it almost becomes a chore.

You guys know you can skip the first MB right? You have to hit both buttons pretty much right after it starts but it works consistently to cancel the MB

#5152 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You guys know you can skip the first MB right? You have to hit both buttons pretty much right after it starts but it works consistently to cancel the MB

Ah, okay. That makes sense!

#5153 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Ah, okay. That makes sense!

It doesn't cancel it so much as it delays it. Once you start the next mode you are locked in to play the multiball. If you drain after cancelling the Mb you are locked into it at the start of the next ball.

#5154 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

What kind of luck have people outside of the US had with JJP support?
I first send an email to them on 15 March about my lockdown bar, which seems handpainted to me, asking for replacement. I also asked for Cliffy protectors, which they apparently were shipping to customers at that time. I got a response asking for pictures the same day and a promise that they would ship out the cliffies. I replied the same day by sending the pics. After that I have asked for update on the ticket on 25 April, 13 May and 19 August without getting an answer.

I had an led fail on one of the boards. I filled out a ticket on their website was contacted the next day or day after. Within a day they had a new light board in the mail and I had it about a week later.

So my experience with support was excellent.

#5155 5 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

It doesn't cancel it so much as it delays it. Once you start the next mode you are locked in to play the multiball. If you drain after cancelling the Mb you are locked into it at the start of the next ball.

Am I mistaken in thinking it’s the 2nd multiball this time though?

#5156 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Am I mistaken in thinking it’s the 2nd multiball this time though?

No, you can delay the regular Mb regardless of which time it is. Once you start your next mode or drain, the phone is lit for Mb only.

The Crazy Bob mbs start immediately but as long as it isn't stacked with the reg Mb you can still qualify and start a mode.

#5157 5 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

I had an led fail on one of the boards. I filled out a ticket on their website was contacted the next day or day after. Within a day they had a new light board in the mail and I had it about a week later.
So my experience with support was excellent.

I guess I could try to open another ticket, if that would make any change.

#5158 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

It just seems too easy. The lock automatically lights after the first mode, then when you lock it through normal gameplay, the phone is no longer accessible to modes. I'm always feeling like I need to get that multiball out of the way in order to progress through the rest of the game. There's no avoiding it. The multiball is fun, but it's awarded so early in the game play, every game, that it almost becomes a chore.

Ah, I get what you mean now. As others have suggested, turning off the BOB lock would likely help with your issue. I get it too, but I find that it is good if you just start a mode, finish the mode, start MB (BOB lock is good here as it helps) and get the SIM associated with the mode you finished/banged. I do think there should be more of a goal in MB, like after collecting all lit jackpots, a super uber Jackpot lights on the side ramp. It would be good if no other jackpots are available until the uber is collected. Repeat, and a super uber lights etc.

#5159 5 years ago

Well, I finally got my phone and topper (a modded mini-monitor) working properly. After three phones, I finally got one that worked. Hooked up the topper, and I found out that VGA signals cannot be split properly without a powered splitter. Then I found out that JJP did not use a properly shielded VGA cable. So I replaced the cable, ordered a cheap Chinese powered splitter and BANG! I have a functional topper with no RF interference and a bright signal.

Anita Goodman looks great on the big screen!
Dialed in TopperDialed in Topper
Up close topper. Powered by 12v system in backbox
Dialed in TopperDialed in Topper
VGA splitter in backbox. Powered by 5v USB from the DI PC
VGA splitterVGA splitter

#5160 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I completely agree. If you don't stack a mode with multiball or have a sim card to collect, it just feels like there is nothing to do in multiball. You can get some point, but it is one hell of a grind to get the jackpots up in value. Much different feeling that in TZ, where you are collecting a serious jackpot, then have a lot of fun getting it relit at the camera, then collect another serious jackpot. Also, the increase in jackpot value shoot ramps and/or orbits makes it more fun.

Dialed in multiballs are just blah. It would be great if there was a good reason to collect all of them for minimal points other than to relight them for slightly more minimal points.

check_switch_26 -- this is just a small critique on an otherwise superb and wonderful set of code you've developed for the game. If nothing changed in the code, I'd still be happy.

One idea is that after collecting the three jacks, the side ramp jackpot gets lit for a 5-10x rather than a 2x jackpot. If any of the regular jacks are lit, the side ramp collects 2x.

Another would be that the side is 5-10x when lit, but only relights after the three normal jacks are collected.

And a final idea: there is a progress meter on the screen for escaping from DIE Corp agents. As you collect jacks (or perhaps some combination of shots), you make progress on an escape . If you escape, you get some mega points or light a shot for mega points..

#5161 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

What kind of luck have people outside of the US had with JJP support?
I first send an email to them on 15 March about my lockdown bar, which seems handpainted to me, asking for replacement. I also asked for Cliffy protectors, which they apparently were shipping to customers at that time. I got a response asking for pictures the same day and a promise that they would ship out the cliffies. I replied the same day by sending the pics. After that I have asked for update on the ticket on 25 April, 13 May and 19 August without getting an answer.

I had a rather simple issue that I e-mailed them about for several months. I first got a very positive response that parts would be sent then heard nothing. After e-mailing about once a month since without result I then e-mailed Jack, who replied he was sorry but only copied to Frank after which again nothing happened.

I finally followed the advice in this thread and called Frank who answered promptly and the parts were sent the same day.

I love Dialed In, JJP and what Jack has done for pinball, but they sure seem to have serious problems handling their support via e-mail.

#5162 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I had a rather simple issue that I e-mailed them about for several months. I first got a very positive response that parts would be sent then heard nothing. After e-mailing about once a month since without result I then e-mailed Jack, who replied he was sorry but only copied to Frank after which again nothing happened.
I finally followed the advice in this thread and called Frank who answered promptly and the parts were sent the same day.
I love Dialed In, JJP and what Jack has done for pinball, but they sure seem to have serious problems handling their support via e-mail.

I’ve had a lot of success with putting in a ticket and communicating by email, but sometimes things do get lost and a phone call is necessary. Unfortunately for you guys, a call is a lot more expensive than for us in the States.

#5163 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Unfortunately for you guys, a call is a lot more expensive than for us in the States.

There's an international dialing up called Rebtel. I haven't used it for a while but I'm pretty sure it lets you choose one country for free calls. I use it sometimes to call international for free.

#5164 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Perhaps its best to try to call him, will search this thread for Frank's number. I guess it will be ok to call sometime late in the evening, it seems that then the pinheads from US are browsing Pinside atleast

#5165 5 years ago
Quoted from drjbeyer:

Just got a LE on a trade and my family and I LOVE the game. Haven't even begun to delve into the rules, etc. One question I have is when the ball goes into the shooter lane it is randomly awarding points before it plunges. I am thinking a switch is stuck somewhere? The points are a bunch of 10's, 50's, that rise up from the bottom right of the screen.

It's most likely one of your sling's switch is tight and barely making contact. should be easily adjusted, but start there.

you can confirm by going in the switch test mode and bump the cabinet to see which switch is engaging.

#5166 5 years ago

are you emailing or using the support website? Ive never waited longer than a day for a response or a week for a resolution at my door when I simply fill out the support ticket online

#5167 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do you mean the multiball? You’re supposed to shoot the ball up the ramp so it clears the arm when it’s up. Man it is harder than it sounds!!

no the arm comes down and stays down, what makes it go up and down?

#5168 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Whenever there’s a lock lit, the arm comes down and stays down. I’m not sure why it does this. It doesn’t seem like there’s a good reason for it.

#5169 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Oh you just meant in general - yes I believe it’s when lock is lit. Just makes the game harder I guess

#5170 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oh you just meant in general - yes I believe it’s when lock is lit. Just makes the game harder I guess

Sometimes it also tries to help: i.e. during Acid Rain it helps to hit the jets by playing the more easy to manage left ramp...

#5171 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

are you emailing or using the support website? Ive never waited longer than a day for a response or a week for a resolution at my door when I simply fill out the support ticket online

Originally the ticket system, but after that replying to the email they answered to me with. I think it is given as an option of way of correspondence there as well.

#5172 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I completely agree. If you don't stack a mode with multiball or have a sim card to collect, it just feels like there is nothing to do in multiball. You can get some point, but it is one hell of a grind to get the jackpots up in value. Much different feeling that in TZ, where you are collecting a serious jackpot, then have a lot of fun getting it relit at the camera, then collect another serious jackpot. Also, the increase in jackpot value shoot ramps and/or orbits makes it more fun.
Dialed in multiballs are just blah. It would be great if there was a good reason to collect all of them for minimal points other than to relight them for slightly more minimal points.

I agree with this - if you fail to bring a disaster mode into Under Attack multiball, it feels like you're kind of stuck, and you just have to get UA multiball out of the way before you can make any further progress. Stacking UA multiball with a Quick Multiball would be one thing to do but the Quick Multiballs are hard to reach, especially early in the game when the first UA multiball tends to occur.

In general, it seems to me the game would be enhanced if some of the features were a little more valuable relative to the modes and SIM cards; selfies, emojis, spiders, trains, drones, etc. are all really cool features but they are dwarfed in value by the modes and SIM cards. (And since I suck at hitting the SIM card shot, it would be nice to have other stuff to shoot for!)

#5173 5 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

I agree with this - if you fail to bring a disaster mode into Under Attack multiball, it feels like you're kind of stuck, and you just have to get UA multiball out of the way before you can make any further progress. Stacking UA multiball with a Quick Multiball would be one thing to do but the Quick Multiballs are hard to reach, especially early in the game when the first UA multiball tends to occur.
In general, it seems to me the game would be enhanced if some of the features were a little more valuable relative to the modes and SIM cards; selfies, emojis, spiders, trains, drones, etc. are all really cool features but they are dwarfed in value by the modes and SIM cards. (And since I suck at hitting the SIM card shot, it would be nice to have other stuff to shoot for!)

Agree. Maybe there should be a way to light the Sim card with ua mb or to keep being able to postpone it,.or you can't postpone it at all. Postponing it once and then automatically lighting it on the next ball makes no sense to me.

#5174 5 years ago

One thing that would be cool is if the new code includes more UFO-material. I love the UFO-like theme but feel they could have gone further on that.

#5175 5 years ago

I always think about the Sim City disaster theme and wish there was a "Giant Monster" disaster.

#5176 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I have them. I went with the Blue/Red kit. Blue on slingshots and red on lane guides. They add a little bit of color to the bottom of the playfield but they don't stand out much. If you are specifically looking at them you will see the difference they make, but if you aren't looking for it you probably won't notice they are there.

Installed them tonight and I like it. Especially the red actually gives kind of a glow-effect. Simple, yes, but a nice little add-on I think.
2018-08-24 17.55.50 (resized).jpg2018-08-24 17.55.50 (resized).jpg

#5177 5 years ago

I feel like my bumpers aren't throwing the ball around enough before it bounces out. Should I adjust the power for them first or go after the leaf switch adjuster?

To the protectors, I got all blue and wish I'd have gotten red/blue mix.

#5178 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I feel like my bumpers aren't throwing the ball around enough before it bounces out. Should I adjust the power for them first or go after the leaf switch adjuster?

I'd try power first, from your description the leaf blade switches are working.

LTG : )

#5180 5 years ago

As a previous owner that will likely jump back in eventually I totally agree with that first mb. To cancel you have to be so (unnecessarily) quick and then it's up right away next ball. That should be corrected.
This game is so close to being a classic but after owning a Hobbit, my complaint of this game having very similar modes (exception of maybe one or two) is so obvious as that game really does have so many modes that feel different. The shot layout on this game is near perfect...... Excited to see what else they do for it

#5181 5 years ago

Do all of you have a PF that is difficult to seat into the cabinet? I contacted support ages ago about this, and they said that it was an acceptable fix to some sort of geometry issue they had. I find it very annoying as it's tough to push my pf into the cab - really tough. I have an early run game, so I'm wondering if it's a rarity?

#5182 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Do all of you have a PF that is difficult to seat into the cabinet? I contacted support ages ago about this, and they said that it was an acceptable fix to some sort of geometry issue they had. I find it very annoying as it's tough to push my pf into the cab - really tough. I have an early run game, so I'm wondering if it's a rarity?

Not to sound sarcastic, but did you remove the Styrofoam packing at the back of the playfield? My playfield is not difficult to push back into the cabinet.

#5183 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Mine is the same. Feels like I have to crush the wire protectors in the back to push it forward enough to drop into the bracket. Only about 1/4". And yes, I removed all the foam. Mine was built a few months ago.

#5184 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Mine is the same. I figured out an easy way to get the playfield in. Once I get the playfield in as far as I can normally, then I use my hands/fingers to push the rails forward while also pushing back against the inside edge of the coindoor opening. Hope this helps.

#5185 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Mine is the same, feels like a wrestling match every time. I am hesitant to install my mirror blades because of it

#5186 5 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

I would really like to see something to happen with the regular multiball. I almost dread going into multiball without having a mode started, because the points don't seem to matter, and I feel like I end up wasting my kickback or big bang. If you could start a mode while already in a regular multiball that would be great. Or make the shots worth more and scale (somewhat) with sim cards.
I'm really looking forward to being able to collect sims during chaos
Thoughts?

geoncic I agree. The multiball modes are more annoying than fun. Point values are too small and multiball by itself is pointless unless you have sim card lit. If the jackpots were all doubled, we'd be better off.

It's my only complaint about the game. Overall, I think it's amazing.

#5187 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Mine is the same, feels like a wrestling match every time. I am hesitant to install my mirror blades because of it

I would go ahead and install your mirror blades. I have pinblades without any issues. I'm assuming your pin is like mine. It's not difficult because of width. The playfield doesn't want to slide forward all the way (easily).

Junky

#5188 5 years ago

Do new standard editions include Cliffy protectors, or are those only included with the LE?

Thanks,
Chris

#5189 5 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Do new standard editions include Cliffy protectors, or are those only included with the LE?
Thanks,
Chris

Standards do too.

#5190 5 years ago

Great, thanks!

#5191 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Mine is the same. I figured out an easy way to get the playfield in. Once I get the playfield in as far as I can normally, then I use my hands/fingers to push the rails forward while also pushing back against the inside edge of the coindoor opening. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip! I don't know why I never thought of using the rails.

#5192 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I would go ahead and install your mirror blades. I have pinblades without any issues. I'm assuming your pin is like mine. It's not difficult because of width. The playfield doesn't want to slide forward all the way (easily).
Junky

Anyone have thoughts about installing black mirror blades? Or would it be a waste on DI?

#5193 5 years ago

Is there any way to improve the delay on the phone app? Having a "for fun" tourney on location tonight and it'll randomly have about a half second delay every 10 or so flips.

Also: what does the green button on the app do?

#5194 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Is there any way to improve the delay on the phone app? Having a "for fun" tourney on location tonight and it'll randomly have about a half second delay every 10 or so flips.

If I remember correctly, it launches the ball.

#5195 5 years ago

Argh I’m still getting reports of DI resetting on location. I can’t reproduce.

I’ve reseated a lot of connectors but I’m not sure which to focus on.

Would next steps be replacing the CPU? Or SDD? Anyone else fix resets?

#5196 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I added an extension USB cable and moved the Bluetooth dongle to the upper part of the coin mech. This helped, but it still lags now and then. The first version of the app worked flawlessly for me. Bummer that they changed it.

#5197 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Argh I’m still getting reports of DI resetting on location. I can’t reproduce.
I’ve reseated a lot of connectors but I’m not sure which to focus on.
Would next steps be replacing the CPU? Or SDD? Anyone else fix resets?

Is it on a dedicated outlet? I know of a machine that did the same and the issue was too many machines connected to a single breaker.

#5198 5 years ago

Just came from a couple of millon+ games on my LE. This game is crazy intense *lol*! Gotta take a shower now

#5199 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I added an extension USB cable and moved the Bluetooth dongle to the upper part of the coin mech. This helped, but it still lags now and then. The first version of the app worked flawlessly for me. Bummer that they changed it.

I can't even connect to it anymore. We had a disabled guest with one arm who wanted to try it out and I couldn't get it to work. It was frustrating.

#5200 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I can't even connect to it anymore. We had a disabled guest with one arm who wanted to try it out and I couldn't get it to work. It was frustrating.

+1 - My friend with one arm uses his knee on the flipper button and does pretty decent (surprisingly). Wish I could get the app to work. It only worked 1 time for me, so I know its possible. The app just freezes when it starts up. There's no opportunity to press the left flipper button to search for the match.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.