IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 273.
#5101 5 years ago

Turned on my game today all ready to play - and the upper right flipper is sticking! I believe it is an electrical issue, as the flipper drops as soon as I turn it off. occasionally it will drop down but it comes right back up as soon as I hit the button, and then it stays. Coil power test does not fire the flipper at all, which I thought was weird. Anybody else have this? I have not moved this game since I got it off the truck.

#5102 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

They do look good,but I think they would be too tight on my machine.
On the bottom left of my play field, there's only a 1/16 inch gap, between the PF edge and the cabinet.
Are they screwed into the cabinet,or did you use tape/ Velcro.
Thanks in advance
Ralph

I have PowerBladez on my ACDC and they are taped on ... some areas keep pealing back off of the wall. Hope they improve that. I like them, but I'm also curious as to the fit. There is one thicker part on my ACDC blades (that is probably internal connectors) that I would be worried about on my DI that has a tighter fit. Has anyone that installed these on a DI have fit issues?

#5103 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have PowerBladez on my ACDC and they are taped on ... some areas keep pealing back off of the wall. Hope they improve that. I like them, but I'm also curious as to the fit. There is one thicker part on my ACDC blades (that is probably internal connectors) that I would be worried about on my DI that has a tighter fit. Has anyone that installed these on a DI have fit issues?

My game came with traditional side art uninstalled, so I recently put them in. Dialed In's cabinet is super tight compared to Stern's and B/W's. You have to be very very careful lifting and closing the playfield. Kind of annoying, but I do like the look. I can only imagine these would be more challenging.

I also have some decals from PinGraffix on my White Water that don't stick very well.

#5104 5 years ago

I'm thinking about adding an external sub to my Dialed In. For those that have done this, does it improve the audio at all? Is there a way to hook up a subwoofer cable directly to the computer, or do I need to plan on using one of those low pass filters connected to the cabinet speaker?

#5105 5 years ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

I'm thinking about adding an external sub to my Dialed In. For those that have done this, does it improve the audio at all? Is there a way to hook up a subwoofer cable directly to the computer, or do I need to plan on using one of those low pass filters connected to the cabinet speaker?

Significant improvement, as is the case with most pins when adding external sub. you can connect directly to the terminals on the cabinet woofer.

#5106 5 years ago

Is the current LED strip in the backbox warm white or cool white? I'm planning on doing the DIY lighting upgrade, but I'd like to know the current color for reference. I have both warm and cool strips available.

#5107 5 years ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

I did this by connecting speaker wire directly to the woofer in the base of the cabinet (it's already filtered) - the speaker has a couple tabs that work with crimp-on connectors, so no soldering or permanent modification is necessary. Ran the wire out one of the holes in the back of the cabinet -- was very easy, and makes for a very nice upgrade.

#5108 5 years ago

I’m very familiar with troubleshooting B/W games but I’m having this weird issue with my upper right flipper. When the game is -started- the upper right flipper stays in hold position. When the game is over, or is turned off, it drops. I am not sure where to start? Does DI even have a hold fuse I should try to check? Or is this a coil issue? I’m not sure where to start here

#5109 5 years ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

With other brands I recommend pinnovators sub out board kit connected to RCA inputs on the subs. I have them on all of my Stern’s.
With my JJP Dialed In I added 3 parts. A headphone “Y” cable from the PC audio out to a long headphone cable to another adapter (stereo headphone to double RCA) to the sub. The Sub has a crossover so it will filter out the high frequencies. This is clean and sounds great.
Junky

#5110 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m very familiar with troubleshooting B/W games

That's all you need.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

When the game is -started- the upper right flipper stays in hold position. When the game is over, or is turned off, it drops.

I'd adjust the right flipper button leaf blade switch so it isn't touching. Two leaf blade switches there, one closest to the flipper button is for the lower, one farthest from is for the upper. Adjust that one. Check in Tests - Switches - Dedicated by pushing the flipper in slowly to see if both work.

LTG : )

#5111 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m very familiar with troubleshooting B/W games but I’m having this weird issue with my upper right flipper. When the game is -started- the upper right flipper stays in hold position. When the game is over, or is turned off, it drops. I am not sure where to start? Does DI even have a hold fuse I should try to check? Or is this a coil issue? I’m not sure where to start here

It may be a bad driver that is in a shorted state. Haven’t looked at how JPP games are designed. Start with the leaf switches on the flipper button and flipper first.

#5112 5 years ago
Quoted from kharri:

It may be a bad driver that is in a shorted state.

It isn't. Flipper would be locked up at power on, not when game is started.

#5113 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It isn't. Flipper would be locked up at power on, not when game is started.

Thanks guys. I just haven’t seen this behavior before, where when you start a game the flipper energizes. Will check the leaf switch!

UPDATE: yep, it was the flipper button leaf switch. I didn’t even remove the glass to fix it. The things you learn Thanks a ton!

#5114 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Is the current LED strip in the backbox warm white or cool white? I'm planning on doing the DIY lighting upgrade, but I'd like to know the current color for reference. I have both warm and cool strips available.

cool white, there is a link in the instruction post to the correct led strip

#5115 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

cool white, there is a link in the instruction post to the correct led strip

Thanks! I already have cool and warm strips from other projects. Just wanted to make sure it matched.

#5116 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Thanks! I already have cool and warm strips from other projects. Just wanted to make sure it matched.

Ok, good luck! I purchased the roll and have it on my list of maintenance and mods-to do list....I just have to find time!

#5117 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I just haven’t seen this behavior before, where when you start a game the flipper energizes.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m very familiar with troubleshooting B/W games

Then you haven't had a failed opto on a flipper button opto board or a broken flipper button opto board interrupter.

Same thing happens. JJP uses leaf blade switches instead of optos on the flipper buttons.

#5118 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Then you haven't had a failed opto on a flipper button opto board or a broken flipper button opto board interrupter.
Same thing happens. JJP uses leaf blade switches instead of optos on the flipper buttons.

I don’t believe I have - I’ve replaced a lot of them as precautions but never had to fix a dead one . I also don’t believe I’ve ever owned a game that didn’t have optos on the buttons

#5119 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I also don’t believe I’ve ever owned a game that didn’t have optos on the buttons

We won't hold that against you. Flipper button leaf blade virgins are welcome here too.

#5120 5 years ago

Is Dialed In considered a hard, easy or "normal" game difficulty-wize? I find it to be hard, almost never getting more than two or three SIM-cards. But I´ve heard someone call it easy too.

Another question: I´ve tried different flipper power-settings but can´t really say that it makes any difference. I currently play with max power on the flippers because it´s more fun when the ball travels faster. Anyone got a take on flipper power settings and difficulty?

#5121 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

My game came with traditional side art uninstalled, so I recently put them in. Dialed In's cabinet is super tight compared to Stern's and B/W's. You have to be very very careful lifting and closing the playfield. Kind of annoying, but I do like the look. I can only imagine these would be more challenging.
I also have some decals from PinGraffix on my White Water that don't stick very well.

I´ve got the Bladeskinz (mirror and decals) and they look great but the fit is extremely tight (!), almost to the point of not working. I have scratched off som small parts of the decals so now I really avoid lifting the playfield (and if I do, I move it very very very slowly). Someone suggested putting some kind of sheet between the playfield and the blades when moving the playfield but it is so tight that nothing will fit there (even if I try to move the playfield to the sides).

Maybe the Bladeskinz are the thickest ones since they are chrome metal?

#5122 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I´ve got the Bladeskinz (mirror and decals) and they look great but the fit is extremely tight (!), almost to the point of not working. I have scratched off som small parts of the decals so now I really avoid lifting the playfield (and if I do, I move it very very very slowly). Someone suggested putting some kind of sheet between the playfield and the blades when moving the playfield but it is so tight that nothing will fit there (even if I try to move the playfield to the sides).
Maybe the Bladeskinz are the thickest ones since they are chrome metal?

It’s really hard to avoid damaging metal blades. You can add felt to the playfield sides so it will slide easier, or buy the playfield protector that you insert before you lift the playfield

#5123 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s really hard to avoid damaging metal blades. You can add felt to the playfield sides so it will slide easier, or buy the playfield protector that you insert before you lift the playfield

I actually purchased felt before they arrived as I had heard the fit would be tight. But believe me, there is nothing that's going to fit in between the playfield and the blades. The playfield is hardly movable at all...

#5124 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Is Dialed In considered a hard, easy or "normal" game difficulty-wize? I find it to be hard, almost never getting more than two or three SIM-cards. But I´ve heard someone call it easy too.
Another question: I´ve tried different flipper power-settings but can´t really say that it makes any difference. I currently play with max power on the flippers because it´s more fun when the ball travels faster. Anyone got a take on flipper power settings and difficulty?

I'd personally say moderate to difficult depending on how you play it. Going for Armageddon is challenging but very achievable. Going for Showdown (especially with SIM memory off) is very tough!

#5125 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'd personally say moderate to difficult depending on how you play it. Going for Armageddon is challenging but very achievable. Going for Showdown (especially with SIM memory off) is very tough!

SUPER tough! I have sim memory on, otherwise the game is way too hard for me. I did make it to Showdown ONE time on an incredibly lucky game - this is one of the only games I’ve gotten to the final wizard mode and didn’t almost immediately think about selling the game! It’s just too fun

#5126 5 years ago

Looks like I'm ready for phone number three. My second phone,is starting to act up on me.I replaced the video card,but it looks like it's the phone,that needs replacing.
The phone is blacked out at the start of a game,and I have to shut off my game,and turn it back on.
The good news is, it's not very hard to replace.

#5127 5 years ago

Just want to jump in and say how much I love this game.. and, my entire family loves it so it's also a fun family event for me. I just love the shots, code, toys, and all the extras that come in this game.. truly what I expected a pinball machine to be in todays day and age. While I find other machines fun to play (newer Sterns), they just don't compare side by side as far as features and fun toys.

The only issue I've ever had with my machine was the trap door sticking open, and that was a quick fix after looking on here.

Looking forward to JJP #5. Any rumors what it may be?

#5128 5 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about the next update?

#5129 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Im curious about this as well. Would like to see the smartphone characters all animated. It’s cosmetic, but it adds to the experience.

#5130 5 years ago

Question how do you start the mechanic mode. The arm comes down, knocks the balls off the ramp. Then what do you shoot?

#5131 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Im curious about this as well. Would like to see the smartphone characters all animated. It’s cosmetic, but it adds to the experience.

they are on the record that the animations are coming. There is also theater multiball coming. The game is fantastic as is but polish would be nice. this game begs for a midnight madness mode too, but its not something that was promised.

#5132 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

this game begs for a midnight madness mode too, but its not something that was promised.

What a great idea.
City disaster is a good opportunity for this.

#5133 5 years ago
Quoted from poup:

What a great idea.
City disaster is a good opportunity for this.

There is one more available "app" spot on the smart phone grid for a new disaster.

#5134 5 years ago

I would really like to see something to happen with the regular multiball. I almost dread going into multiball without having a mode started, because the points don't seem to matter, and I feel like I end up wasting my kickback or big bang. If you could start a mode while already in a regular multiball that would be great. Or make the shots worth more and scale (somewhat) with sim cards.

I'm really looking forward to being able to collect sims during chaos

Thoughts?

#5135 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I hope they do more with the Drones shot. Game is already so good though.

#5136 5 years ago
Quoted from geoncic:

I would really like to see something to happen with the regular multiball. I almost dread going into multiball without having a mode started, because the points don't seem to matter, and I feel like I end up wasting my kickback or big bang. If you could start a mode while already in a regular multiball that would be great. Or make the shots worth more and scale (somewhat) with sim cards.
I'm really looking forward to being able to collect sims during chaos
Thoughts?

Also would love to see a restart multiball feature.

#5137 5 years ago

I just think this game is already epic! Any additions in coding is just more icing on the cake. Love it!

#5138 5 years ago

Any more news of manuals shipping? Saw a photo a bit ago but nothing else

#5139 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Question how do you start the mechanic mode. The arm comes down, knocks the balls off the ramp. Then what do you shoot?

Do you mean the multiball? You’re supposed to shoot the ball up the ramp so it clears the arm when it’s up. Man it is harder than it sounds!!

#5140 5 years ago

Just got a LE on a trade and my family and I LOVE the game. Haven't even begun to delve into the rules, etc. One question I have is when the ball goes into the shooter lane it is randomly awarding points before it plunges. I am thinking a switch is stuck somewhere? The points are a bunch of 10's, 50's, that rise up from the bottom right of the screen.

#5141 5 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I hope they do more with the Drones shot. Game is already so good though.

No doubt, it is still super fun, and really still feels complete; just I know since Hobbit got that MASSIVE update recently I figured maybe DI had something in the wings - but I know they are also working on Pirates now

#5142 5 years ago

Personally, I'd like to see something change with the first multiball. It's too easy and blocks starting a mode when lit. I understand it's probably there to give new players a taste of the fun and features offered by the game without progressing too far, but I kind of dread it.

#5143 5 years ago

Ok, I haven’t read this thread, so please don’t stone me if the answer is hidden in here someplace.
I just picked up a DILE and can’t get the backbox open. I’m positive it’s the right key. The key fits and turns a little, but I don’t want to turn it too hard being afraid to break something. Any tricks to get this thing open?

#5144 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Ok, I haven’t read this thread, so please don’t stone me if the answer is hidden in here someplace.
I just picked up a DILE and can’t get the backbox open. I’m positive it’s the right key. The key fits and turns a little, but I don’t want to turn it too hard being afraid to break something. Any tricks to get this thing open?

Common issue. Is this a nib game? Manufacture date? You'll have to loosen the security screws, that will give some slack to undo the lock. You'll then need to either shim or bend the tab on the lock after you have it open.

#5145 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I just turned the key with a lot of force and it opened. The latch is catching on the plastic at the top of the back glass. I just lightly oiled the plastic and now it works fine.

#5146 5 years ago

What kind of luck have people outside of the US had with JJP support?

I first send an email to them on 15 March about my lockdown bar, which seems handpainted to me, asking for replacement. I also asked for Cliffy protectors, which they apparently were shipping to customers at that time. I got a response asking for pictures the same day and a promise that they would ship out the cliffies. I replied the same day by sending the pics. After that I have asked for update on the ticket on 25 April, 13 May and 19 August without getting an answer.

#5147 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Personally, I'd like to see something change with the first multiball. It's too easy and blocks starting a mode when lit. I understand it's probably there to give new players a taste of the fun and features offered by the game without progressing too far, but I kind of dread it.

Hmmm. New one to me. What makes it different than 90% of other MB’s in other games? I think there should be an Uber jackpot to build up to I guess. Also, you want to start modes in mb?? Eliminate it?

#5148 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

If you own the game, I suggest you change the setting for "BOB Ball Lock" to 0. Or you can install the DIRECTOR'S CUT Preset.
--Ted

settings (resized).jpgsettings (resized).jpgpreset (resized).jpgpreset (resized).jpg

#5149 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I like the suggestion that someone had of pushing up on the top lip of the backbox while turning the key.
--Ted

#5150 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Hmmm. New one to me. What makes it different than 90% of other MB’s in other games? I think there should be an Uber jackpot to build up to I guess. Also, you want to start modes in mb?? Eliminate it?

I'm not sure what I'd prefer, just complaining.

It just seems too easy. The lock automatically lights after the first mode, then when you lock it through normal gameplay, the phone is no longer accessible to modes. I'm always feeling like I need to get that multiball out of the way in order to progress through the rest of the game. There's no avoiding it. The multiball is fun, but it's awarded so early in the game play, every game, that it almost becomes a chore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/103?hl=kharri and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.