IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 273.
#5051 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

If you are using those glasses as a topper, you must not be a "nudger" ... unless you glue them down pretty good.

Just there long enough for the picture

#5052 5 years ago

I didn't find it in the index, so posting.

In lottery frenzy, you're supposed to have to wave at the camera to scratch the ticket right? It only does it sometimes for me, otherwise it scratches on its own. It's something wrong? How can I make it so that it has to wave to scratch every time? My game is on easy with a dark room in case that influences it.

#5053 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I didn't find it in the index, so posting.
In lottery frenzy, you're supposed to have to wave at the camera to scratch the ticket right? It only does it sometimes for me, otherwise it scratches on its own. It's something wrong? How can I make it so that it has to wave to scratch every time? My game is on easy with a dark room in case that influences it.

You can scratch it by waving your hand, rocking your head side to side lol yeah seriously. Also with the auto scratching I believe that happens if you didn't wave it fast enough and a follow up shot went through the theatre again so it auto scratches, might be wrong on that but I think that's what I had observed.

#5054 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

What did you do to fix the left ramp from not registering? Was the metal switch your problem or something else?

I struggled with this issue for months. Tried bending/adjusting the switches, replacing the switch (twice), bending the ramp backwards towards the game, adjusting the flipper strength, washers under the ramp on the right side to raise its level, and adjusting the level of the game. Nothing worked. Switch would test fine, but in a game it would only register 50% of shots with any kind of pace.

JJP support finally put me in touch with Pat Lawlor himself. He suggested removing the post that holds the ramp in place (up near where the plastic transitions to the wire form). And then using a file on the left side of the hole to make it oblong, not circular. With that change, you can physically pull the plastic ramp to the right (basically: having the plastic cover a little more of the wire form than what it did originally from the factory). You then screw the post back in to hold it in place.

Made the change 3 months ago and have not had a single left ramp shot fail to register since. Thanks to Frank at JJP for his perseverance, and Pat for the breakthrough (apparently TAF had a similar issue where the transition from ramp to wire could cause problems).

Hope this helps!

#5055 5 years ago

Found two thumb screws inside the machine. One top left and one top right corner on timber bottom. Any ideas where they came from.

B1504B56-3210-427A-BFA0-721BE95998E6 (resized).jpegB1504B56-3210-427A-BFA0-721BE95998E6 (resized).jpegB220CE87-B50A-45AF-BCD9-03DFBB771EEF (resized).jpegB220CE87-B50A-45AF-BCD9-03DFBB771EEF (resized).jpeg
#5056 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Found two thumb screws inside the machine. One top left and one top right corner on timber bottom. Any ideas where they came from.
[quoted image][quoted image]

They are for the coin mech. Not going to hurt anything.

#5057 5 years ago
Quoted from clg:

They are for the coin mech. Not going to hurt anything.

Thanks, I remember them now in an old machine. I don’t have mechs in either of my current machines and I found these way at the back. I have also vacuumed inside previously. Must have just missed seeing them before. Don’t know how they would have got there.

#5058 5 years ago

Having just received my first LE, I have the dumbest question.....What is the recommended cleaning solution for JJP invisiglass...??

#5059 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Having just received my first LE, I have the dumbest question.....What is the recommended cleaning solution for JJP invisiglass...??

Sparkle - I was told that they use that at the factor (not sure if that part is true or not).

#5060 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

In the shipment should be included instructions on how to clean. I believe that they recommend Isopropyl alcohol. I use a cloth that I wet in hot water and spray it with Isopropyl. Then another dry cloth to finish it off.

#5061 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

In the shipment should be included instructions on how to clean. I believe that they recommended Isopropyl alcohol. I use a cloth that I wet in hot water and spray it with Isopropyl. Then another dry cloth to finish it off.

Thank you!...I dont have paperwork, as it was not purchased NIB.

Quoted from KingBW:

Sparkle - I was told that they use that at the factor (not sure if that part is true or not).

Thanks!

#5062 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Quoted from KingBW:

I use Sparkle as well. They instruct you to remove the glass from the machine before cleaning. Also, don't spray directly onto the glass, but spray onto a cloth and then clean the glass with the cloth.

#5063 5 years ago

All set! Plenty of Harbor Freight Micro Fiber Cloths!

The Game is truly something special now!
What a Joy to lose a few hours playing, and enjoy every minute!

Today is a bunch of tweaks, and Target Decals.

Was there a Link Posted for Amazon or Ebay replacement Drones?

What a Lucky Club to be in...

#5064 5 years ago

Ok I have a strange one. The light drone inlane on the left side. If the ball has no momentum it gets stuck between the post and the rubber right before the inlane switch, not on the switch. The post has no adjustment as to left or right and the rubber is the rubber. What can I do to fix this?

#5065 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

What can I do to fix this?

I'd loosen the star post and see if you can move it over a little. Or thinner rubber ring.

LTG : )

#5066 5 years ago

Thanks Lloyd, I was messing with rubber post and found a little play. That solved it.

#5067 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I think mine was beyond a quick rag wipe down. I ended up just replacing all rubbers and will clean regularly.
Now if I could only find a way to keep these clean..[quoted image]

ceramic...

IMG_1370 (resized).PNGIMG_1370 (resized).PNG

#5068 5 years ago

I had the same problem with the ball dropping into the cabinet. I tried bending the bracket like LTG described, but still had the problem. I might not have been putting enough umph into it. I was afraid I was going to damage something, so I cut out a piece of cardboard and stiffened it up with some springsteel and packaging tape. I think velcro'd that to the inside of the bracket to close the gap (see the green square in the attached picture). It's been working like a charm, and is a little quieter when going into the trap door.

Quoted from foobeer:

Twice today, I’ve had the ball get wedged behind the trap door and under the playfield. I’ve owned the machine for a while and have never had the issue. I’m wondering if some kind of piece came off that stops the ball from going too far back where it doesn’t drop in the subway.
Anyone else had this problem?
[quoted image]

DropFix (resized).jpgDropFix (resized).jpg
#5069 5 years ago

I just picked up a Dialed In Standard yesterday. I'm having a couple issues that I hope someone can help with:

1) My phone LCD has a red tint to it. I've reseated the VGA connector on the phone and in the backbox. No change. Any ideas?

2) The connection for the "Shoot Again" appears to be missing. Very odd. I can't seem to find it. Any tips? Does it daisy chain off of another connector I can chase down?

IMG_1405 (resized).jpgIMG_1405 (resized).jpg

IMG_1406 (resized).jpgIMG_1406 (resized).jpg

#5070 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

The connection for the "Shoot Again" appears to be missing. Very odd. I can't seem to find it. Any tips? Does it daisy chain off of another connector I can chase down?

Starting about page C-84 in the manual is the LED board wiring. Check that over. You can download the manual at jerseyjackpinball.com under support.

#5071 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Starting about page C-84 in the manual is the LED board wiring. Check that over. You can download the manual at jerseyjackpinball.com under support.

Ha. Yup. That cable is completely missing.

Any idea on troubleshooting the red tinted phone display?

#5072 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

That cable is completely missing.

Open a ticket or call Frank at JJP on both.

#5073 5 years ago

Are manuals going out yet? I think I saw some folks got theirs?

#5074 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Ha. Yup. That cable is completely missing.

The phone is just a tiny lcd display; you may need to get JJP to send you a cable which will let you mess with the settings, unless you find one in the cabinet

#5075 5 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Are manuals going out yet? I think I saw some folks got theirs?

They sent out a shipment of them before. Jack handed me ours right from the shelf at JJP in NJ a couple of weeks ago. There were probably about 50 or so wrapped up in packing material on the shelf getting ready to go out He said that they're shipping them out in batches as they receive them from the printer. I guess it must take a while to make over a thousand of these very nice manuals. I might try to get a TH and WOZ manual after seeing this one. Same as the online manual, but has some extra photos and stuff at the end.

20180814_190551 (resized).jpg20180814_190551 (resized).jpg
#5076 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

They sent out a shipment of them before. Jack handed me ours right from the shelf at JJP in NJ a couple of weeks ago. There were probably about 50 or so wrapped up in packing material on the shelf getting ready to go out He said that they're shipping them out in batches as they receive them from the printer. I guess it must take a while to make over a thousand of these very nice manuals. I might try to get a TH and WOZ manual after seeing this one. Same as the online manual, but has some extra photos and stuff at the end. [quoted image]

I think I may have a long wait for mine.My machine is number 1051.

#5077 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The phone is just a tiny lcd display; you may need to get JJP to send you a cable which will let you mess with the settings, unless you find one in the cabinet

Thanks.

I did submit a ticket, but I don't know how long it will take. In the meantime, I reverted to v1.50 FULL and it fixed it temporarily until the next reboot. I also updated to v1.52, and the LCD tint was still there. Today it's a yellow tint. Weird. Sounds like it's in software, though, which is good.

#5078 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Thanks.
I did submit a ticket, but I don't know how long it will take. In the meantime, I reverted to v1.50 FULL and it fixed it temporarily until the next reboot. I also updated to v1.52, and the LCD tint was still there. Today it's a yellow tint. Weird. Sounds like it's in software, though, which is good.

WEIRD! It’s like you got a bad driver installed. That should be rectified with an update though

#5079 5 years ago

My trap door flap snapped off today....how difficult is it to replace. It looks like it is riveted . Will I need to replace the trap door?

#5080 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

My trap door flap snapped off today....how difficult is it to replace. It looks like it is riveted . Will I need to replace the trap door?

Yep, same thing happened to me. Call JJP and they will send you a new door. It’s a little bit of a pain to put in but nothing horrible. Since you will have the trap door opener mech off it’s also a good opportunity to check and adjust the opening height, if necessary.

#5081 5 years ago
Quoted from bondavi:

I understand they are winding production on DI to the last ones now. I had a deposit for one of the last run DILE machines, but cancelled out. $9200 versus buying another open box DILE for $8k. Not sure if I will kick myself later...they seem to be dropping bit by bit in value over time.

I realized Jen at JJP said "the last of the DILE's" - as in LE's. Does that mean only the Standard will be in production and any one off special editions?

#5082 5 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

Yep, same thing happened to me. Call JJP and they will send you a new door. It’s a little bit of a pain to put in but nothing horrible. Since you will have the trap door opener mech off it’s also a good opportunity to check and adjust the opening height, if necessary.

Good idea on checking the height of the trap door.Mine was lifting only 3/4" of an inch,and I think that's what caused mine to break in only two months.The constant pounding on the spring steel,is not a good thing,IMHO.

#5083 5 years ago
Quoted from bondavi:

I realized Jen at JJP said "the last of the DILE's" - as in LE's. Does that mean only the Standard will be in production and any one off special editions?

I believe the LE run was capped at 2500. If all they make are standards going forward, my guess would be you won’t see the LE prices fall too much given how good the game is. The LE is well worth the added cost, IMO.

#5084 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I believe the LE run was capped at 2500. If all they make are standards going forward, my guess would be you won’t see the LE prices fall too much given how good the game is. The LE is well worth the added cost, IMO.

I would find it hard to believe they sold 2500 LE's yet. They're probably just making room to ramp up POTC or maybe run some WoZ's. There'll almost definitely be more opportunity for NIB DILE's and Standards. The game really is great, and I'm sure they'll sell more once people get more of a chance to realize its potential. It took me awhile to look past a few of the things that people discount it for.

I'm kind of in the opposite camp on the Standard vs LE. I don't see the extra $1k unless you're someone who likes to powder coat your games and add invisiglass. Standard's city scape is better than the LE's IMO, but the ramp lights are cool.

#5085 5 years ago

They sold alot of le but dont believe 2500 yet..... closer to 2k i believe.

#5086 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm kind of in the opposite camp on the Standard vs LE. I don't see the extra $1k unless you're someone who likes to powder coat your games and add invisiglass. Standard's city scape is better than the LE's IMO, but the ramp lights are cool.

I love the ramp lights on my LE, but I also wonder how much I’ll love them when one of them goes out.

#5087 5 years ago

Have something going on with my left flipper.

A couple of things I've noticed are the power occasionally dropping a bit, and when cycling through modes on the phone, it will sometimes skip two modes when only pressing the flipper once.

Any ideas what this might be? Cold solder perhaps?

#5088 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Any ideas what this might be? Cold solder perhaps?

Clean flipper button leaf blade switch first.

#5089 5 years ago

Is there a way to set the theater to throw the ball up every time? When it lets it go it always drains SDTM.

#5090 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Is there a way to set the theater to throw the ball up every time? When it lets it go it always drains SDTM.

Not really. Best bet is to elevate the back right leg a few turns so ball falls to the left flipper. You can play with the game settings, but it’s pretty futile.

#5091 5 years ago

Hi All.. just wanted to share a video of PinGraffix Dialed In PowerBladez installed and to let everyone know they are shipping now.
Thank you to everyone who pre-ordered.
I have to admit I was blown away myself after installing them. They look 3D!

You can check out the video here:

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/dialed-in-pinball-powerbladez

Best!
-Joe

#5092 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Not really. Best bet is to elevate the back right leg a few turns so ball falls to the left flipper. You can play with the game settings, but it’s pretty futile.

Ted said he's working on something that might include the QED guy moving to block balls. My game seriously suffers from sdtm drops from the theatre, so hoping they do something.

Quoted from LTG:

Clean flipper button leaf blade switch first.

Clean with?

#5093 5 years ago

Piece of thick paper held between the blades, hold blades together, pull paper out.

#5094 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Piece of thick paper held between the blades, hold blades together, pull paper out.

Like printer paper? Paper towel?

Any cleaning solution on it?

#5095 5 years ago

Business cards work pretty well.

#5096 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Like printer paper?

Yes. I'd fold it so it's twice as thick.

Quoted from Damien:

Paper towel?

Any cleaning solution on it?

No.

#5097 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Ted said he's working on something that might include the QED guy moving to block balls. My game seriously suffers from sdtm drops from the theatre, so hoping they do something.

Clean with?

Sorry to hear that - it took us a while, but raising the back legs and setting the theater coil to. -90 finally did the trick

#5098 5 years ago

I’m officially in the club now and super excited. Picked up DI LE # 775. Loving it!

BD1950F3-FEEE-4662-B99F-BA5C603C9728 (resized).jpegBD1950F3-FEEE-4662-B99F-BA5C603C9728 (resized).jpegD9969353-46C5-4071-8658-A79E0C237FF3 (resized).jpegD9969353-46C5-4071-8658-A79E0C237FF3 (resized).jpeg
#5099 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

You can scratch it by waving your hand, rocking your head side to side lol yeah seriously. Also with the auto scratching I believe that happens if you didn't wave it fast enough and a follow up shot went through the theatre again so it auto scratches, might be wrong on that but I think that's what I had observed.

I wish you didn't have to wave at all.So far my game scratches the tickets off for me and I hope it stays that way.

#5100 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Hi All.. just wanted to share a video of PinGraffix Dialed In PowerBladez installed and to let everyone know they are shipping now.
Thank you to everyone who pre-ordered.
I have to admit I was blown away myself after installing them. They look 3D!
You can check out the video here:
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/dialed-in-pinball-powerbladez
Best!
-Joe

They do look good,but I think they would be too tight on my machine.
On the bottom left of my play field, there's only a 1/16 inch gap, between the PF edge and the cabinet.
Are they screwed into the cabinet,or did you use tape/ Velcro.
Thanks in advance
Ralph

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/102 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.