IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 273.
#451 6 years ago

How are these performing on location with "casuals"?

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from PinJump:

How are these performing on location with "casuals"?

Outstanding.

LTG : )

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Outstanding.
LTG : )

I dunno, in a lineup with Ghostbusters Premium and Batman SLE, it's earning about even with Ghostbusters Prem. That's not *bad*, but I thought it would do better. I really like it, but at this location it's at, the love is about 50/50. Although when someone gets selfie mode for the first time, it's funny when the people with them realize what's happening - they usually crack up and/or go nuts.

#454 6 years ago

Selfie mode is a big hit. My dad was over at my place on Saturday and my mom about died laughing when it fired off on him. I didn't say anything about it when it started, which he stacked with multiball. It was pretty funny. After playing a while, my dad, who has been playing pinball since he was a kid in the '60s, said, "that might be the coolest pinball machine I've ever seen. It's beautiful."

#455 6 years ago

Having a real hard time finding a photo (any photo!) of the playfield bottom side / underneath. Can someone put the playfield up and post one? Thanks!

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Having a real hard time finding a photo (any photo!) of the playfield bottom side / underneath. Can someone put the playfield up and post one? Thanks!

My pleasure!

di underside.jpgdi underside.jpg

#457 6 years ago

Thank you kind sir!

#458 6 years ago

Here is my collection graph from Dialed In. Blue line is Dialed In. Red line is average game at the same location. Second graph is first four collections of Ghostbusters, for comparison.

I'd say that Dialed In isn't drawing that many casuals...most play is coming from the regulars (who are loving it). Also worth noting that it's the only game set at $1 per play. Modern Sterns are 75 cents. 80s/90s games are 50. Old Chicago is 25 cents.

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 5.34.05 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-16 at 5.34.05 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 5.37.54 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-16 at 5.37.54 AM (resized).png

#459 6 years ago

Everyone keep an eye on your QED guy screws. My dialed in on location has 1800 plays and he fell off. The screws holing him in all cam loose. The lower screw required removing the front plate of the moving target. It's all. Ack together now and tightened up fine.

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Everyone keep an eye on your QED guy screws. My dialed in on location has 1800 plays and he fell off. The screws holing him in all cam loose. The lower screw required removing the front plate of the moving target. It's all. Ack together now and tightened up fine.

Did you use locktite or anything in it or just screw it back in good?

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Here is my collection graph from Dialed In. Blue line is Dialed In. Red line is average game at the same location. Second graph is first four collections of Ghostbusters, for comparison.
I'd say that Dialed In isn't drawing that many casuals...most play is coming from the regulars (who are loving it). Also worth noting that it's the only game set at $1 per play. Modern Sterns are 75 cents. 80s/90s games are 50. Old Chicago is 25 cents.

Interesting data....thanks for sharing

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did you use locktite or anything in it or just screw it back in good?

They just screwed in good. If it happens again I will use locktight.

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'd say that Dialed In isn't drawing that many casuals...most play is coming from the regulars (who are loving it).

Pretty much the same here. Casuals seem confused by it, which I think is weird, but I've seen it happen quite a bit. I even heard one player say "that one sucks" compared to Batman '66 next to it, which was...surprising. Veteran players seem to be the ones playing Dialed In the most. That said, DI is neck and neck with Ghostbusters Prem for earnings, pretty consistently.

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That said, DI is neck and neck with Ghostbusters Prem for earnings, pretty consistently.

Neck and neck with Ghostbusters current earnings? Or GB earnings back when it was new?

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Neck and neck with Ghostbusters current earnings? Or GB earnings back when it was new?

Week to week currently. GB is one of the best earners, and Dialed In is basically matching, not outperforming. The route I help with didn't get GB Prem until late Nov because of the playfield drama. Aerosmith Prem was an earnings dud and is already gone, just like Hobbit (which I think was hobbled because of the popping problem that made it irritating to play). KISS Prem and Metallica Prem both do very well on location (KISS earnings destroyed Aerosmith here).

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Week to week currently. GB is one of the best earners, and Dialed In is basically matching, not outperforming. The route I help with didn't get GB Prem until late Nov because of the playfield drama. Aerosmith Prem was an earnings dud and is already gone, just like Hobbit (which I think was hobbled because of the popping problem that made it irritating to play). KISS Prem and Metallica Prem both do very well on location (KISS earnings destroyed Aerosmith here).

I love hearing about what machines earn the most on location.

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I love hearing about what machines earn the most on location.

Me to. I am about to pick up 3 Sterns to put at a brewery. GOT, GB, WWE.. Hope they do well..

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

They just screwed in good. If it happens again I will use locktight.

Please read posts 403 thru 407 here your QED guy lightning is on backward in case you did not know and it stops the ball in the wireform when returning to the left flipper.

#469 6 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Me to. I am about to pick up 3 Sterns to put at a brewery. GOT, GB, WWE.. Hope they do well..

GoT Premium does all right on location, but be sure to set it to casual mode. General public is REALLY confused when it asks them to choose a house right off the bat. Casual mode, you hit start and can launch a ball right off the bat. No questions.

I'd like to know what WWE does on location. I hate the game and believe it would be a dud earner, but it would be nice to have some real-world data.

#470 6 years ago

I sure hope the JJP protectors are done soon! Cliff is backlogged on orders for 4+ weeks at this point
Any word on when JJP will start mailing out protectors LTG?

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Please read posts 403 thru 407 here your QED guy lightning is on backward in case you did not know and it stops the ball in the wireform when returning to the left flipper.

I dont think its backwards but I will take another look on Monday. After I screwed him in tight I rolled a ball down the wireform and it cleared fine when he was all the way over.

#472 6 years ago

I think if WWE earned well, we would be seeing it on location.

GOT, after over a year at this location, has really picked up steam. Suddenly, and inexplicably, it has been #1 over the last two months. Maybe because of the show?

Also, I bought silicone grease today and went to put it on my left orbit trap door. Before doing so, I found a stronger spring and replaced the existing one. Works great again, no grease needed!

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I think if WWE earned well, we would be seeing it on location.
GOT, after over a year at this location, has really picked up steam. Suddenly, and inexplicably, it has been #1 over the last two months. Maybe because of the show?
Also, I bought silicone grease today and went to put it on my left orbit trap door. Before doing so, I found a stronger spring and replaced the existing one. Works great again, no grease needed!

One month recently Play Meter had WWE on their monthly earning top 5! It HAD to be a tiny sample of operators for that to happen. I canned the Play Meter sub once they went from top 10 to top 5 lists for pins every month and seemed to radically reduce their survey sample size to get the rankings each month.

On GoT when I'm around at the location, I show regulars some of the ins and outs of choosing a house to play in advanced mode. They get a "new" experience with the game and seem to play more, trying out the various houses and devising strategies. Definitely bumps the machine's earnings. I wish Stern would update the machine to cover what's happened in the series since the game came out originally, but I'm sure that's a pipe dream.

Likewise, on Dialed In, if I'm around and a player is there, I'll show them the skill shot since it's not completely obvious.

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I sure hope the JJP protectors are done soon! Cliff is backlogged on orders for 4+ weeks at this point
Any word on when JJP will start mailing out protectors LTG?

Yea, took me 3 weeks to get my order from cliffy but I couldn't wait for JJP and take a chance on having issues. I put the sim card protector on today. Fit great and took about 30 minutes. I took the entire plastic ramp off the playfield and it made it much easier.

#475 6 years ago

I went to a location tonight to specifically look at a DI standard because I thought maybe I can save some money over the LE, which I've seen in several places.

While I was quite happy with the standard's aesthetics, what I immediately noticed was that the large LCD reflected off the glass much more than probably any game I've seen. There was a MET and a potc there for comparison, and both seemed OK with the standard glass.

So I'm thinking that invisiglass is kind of a must have on this game, which brings the standard within 650-700$ of the standard + glass, meaning it probably just makes sense to get the LE.

I had a friend with me who hasn't followed pinball in decades, and he thought the DI was so far ahead of the MET and POTC we played, and felt much more modern in comparison.

#476 6 years ago

In this video, I install four Cliffy’s Pinball Protectors on a Jersey Jack Dialed In. The protectors consist of the Sim Card scoop, Cell Phone scoop, Skill Shot, and the Shooter Lane protectors. The whole process took about one hour to accomplish.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2017/09/17/cliffys-pinball-protectors-full-install-on-jersey-jacks-dialed-in/

YouTube Post :

Title (resized).jpgTitle (resized).jpg

5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

12 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg

8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

I went to a location tonight to specifically look at a DI standard because I thought maybe I can save some money over the LE, which I've seen in several places.
While I was quite happy with the standard's aesthetics, what I immediately noticed was that the large LCD reflected off the glass much more than probably any game I've seen. There was a MET and a potc there for comparison, and both seemed OK with the standard glass.
So I'm thinking that invisiglass is kind of a must have on this game, which brings the standard within 650-700$ of the standard + glass, meaning it probably just makes sense to get the LE.
I had a friend with me who hasn't followed pinball in decades, and he thought the DI was so far ahead of the MET and POTC we played, and felt much more modern in comparison.

I use a $10 glare guard on my DI Std and it works fine. No other pinhead complaints playing it either.

#478 6 years ago

Leeb... That's great. Can you post a link to the glare guard? I'm not familiar with it.

#480 6 years ago

Those things help a lot on DMDs, but I'm not sure how it would help much on a huge LCD.

Quoted from PinMonk:

One month recently Play Meter had WWE on their monthly earning top 5! It HAD to be a tiny sample of operators for that to happen. I canned the Play Meter sub once they went from top 10 to top 5 lists for pins every month and seemed to radically reduce their survey sample size to get the rankings each month.

I signed up for Play Meter and recently started contributing to these. It's a joke. The list you can choose from is preselected , and it's basically just modern Sterns, plus WOZ and TH, plus WNBJM. You choose a number 5-10 for each pin. That's it.

The latest poll had WNBJM tied for #1, based off a sample size of...get this: 1 operator. It's easy to back out the number of responses by looking at the percentages.

#481 6 years ago

The Top 5 had "% of responding" values as: 5.56, 11.11, and 22.22. Which, for those playing along at home is exactly 1/18, 2/18, and 4/18. (I guess it's possible that it was 2/36, 4/36, and 8/36...but it seems unlikely to have such round numerators). I did a "write in" for Dialed In as a 10 out of 10 (because it wasn't on the list), but that didn't make it in for some reason. (And I wouldn't submit it a 10 out of 10 anymore either).

#482 6 years ago

Ryan - are those your pins at press play? If so the Dialed In was a blast this weekend and the playfield looked great with no protectors installed. That place needs a better sign out front to get people to come in...

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Those things help a lot on DMDs, but I'm not sure how it would help much on a huge LCD.

I signed up for Play Meter and recently started contributing to these. It's a joke. The list you can choose from is preselected , and it's basically just modern Sterns, plus WOZ and TH, plus WNBJM. You choose a number 5-10 for each pin. That's it.
The latest poll had WNBJM tied for #1, based off a sample size of...get this: 1 operator. It's easy to back out the number of responses by looking at the percentages.

I guess that's their way of controlling the output due to the small sample size. But I have no idea WHY they use such a small sample size. I'm sure there are plenty of operators that would do the survey to get some legitimate data out of it by seeing the amalgamated lists monthly that they contributed to as well. The top earners would likely be similar and float to the top without the artificial restriction of a list.

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

I use a $10 glare guard on my DI Std and it works fine. No other pinhead complaints playing it either.

I have a few glare guards, and that maybe help a little, but they are no real substitute for invisaglass....the glass makes a big difference...

#485 6 years ago

Anyone else have issues with the Bob trap door flap not laying flat on the playfield? It seems to causing the left orbit shot to brick and slow the ball down. It's a decent 1-2mm of gap between the flap and the playfield. I tried adjusting the mech a bit, and also bending the flap, but neither really made any difference.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Anyone else have issues with the Bob trap door flap not laying flat on the playfield?

Yes quite a few people. Read a few things here and search for some more.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-assembly-line-set-up/page/20#post-3890013

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Ryan - are those your pins at press play? If so the Dialed In was a blast this weekend and the playfield looked great with no protectors installed. That place needs a better sign out front to get people to come in...

Yep, those are my pins - thanks so much for playing them! Even people who have been going there for months still don't realize there is a room full of pinball machines way in the back.

If you live nearby, consider joining my league. PM me for more details.

#488 6 years ago

We were visiting our daughter going to CU..... nice lineup and all the games looked great - thanks for being a op & putting out jjp games

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

The Top 5 had "% of responding" values as: 5.56, 11.11, and 22.22. Which, for those playing along at home is exactly 1/18, 2/18, and 4/18. (I guess it's possible that it was 2/36, 4/36, and 8/36...but it seems unlikely to have such round numerators).

You don't say!

https://twitter.com/pinballkeefer/status/699083340280918017
https://twitter.com/pinballkeefer/status/699084940634365952

Quoted from ryanwanger:

I did a "write in" for Dialed In as a 10 out of 10 (because it wasn't on the list), but that didn't make it in for some reason.

Thanks for trying!

#490 6 years ago

I have to say I'm unimpressed with the trap door, as a mechanism - I think it's poorly designed and implemented. It's clunky, doesn't seem to hold up well, and it's an all-too-frequent ball stop: if _barely_ making the left orbit (hitting the opto and then falling back) ends a disaster mode, the trap door may well open and hold the ball, requiring a ball search. (Programming suggestion: a three-second delay between the end of a disaster and the triggering of the door.)

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I have to say I'm unimpressed with the trap door, as a mechanism - I think it's poorly designed and implemented. It's clunky, doesn't seem to hold up well, and it's an all-too-frequent ball stop: if barely_ making the left orbit (hitting the opto and then falling back) ends a disaster mode, the trap door may well open and hold the ball, requiring a ball search. (Programming suggestion: a three-second delay between the end of a disaster and the triggering of the door.)

Wonder if something was changed at some point.... mine has been great and very smooth
Haven't had any stuck balls in over 300 games....

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I have to say I'm unimpressed with the trap door, as a mechanism - I think it's poorly designed and implemented. It's clunky, doesn't seem to hold up well, and it's an all-too-frequent ball stop: if barely_ making the left orbit (hitting the opto and then falling back) ends a disaster mode, the trap door may well open and hold the ball, requiring a ball search. (Programming suggestion: a three-second delay between the end of a disaster and the triggering of the door.)

Put a super tiny drop of silicone lubricant on the trap door joints. Also make sure where the metal and plastic of the subway connect it isn't creating a tiny bump that will get the ball stuck.

After I made those adjustments we've had over 500+ games without Bob trapdoor problems.

#493 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Even people who have been going there for months still don't realize there is a room full of pinball machines way in the back.

I was in Denver to see Phish recently, and I drove to Boulder to visit my niece at CU, and we met up at Press Play specifically because I wanted to finally play Dialed In before I placed an order for a LE. Loved it. Cool place and the game was in great shape. I was sad that WOZ was turned off, though. I actually LIKED how the pinballs were tucked away in that back room. It was quieter back there. Felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. This was on a Thursday night.

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wonder if something was changed at some point.... mine has been great and very smooth
Haven't had any stuck balls in over 300 games....

I haven't had a single issue either.

#495 6 years ago

Mine needed work but once fixed never had any problem with it...never had to go through a ball search with it in there either but maybe that's just a random thing

#496 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I haven't had a single issue either.

I made a small adjustment on mine and it has worked flawlessly ever since.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

My trap door has been flawless and I make the orbit shot all the way around 8 out of 10 times

#498 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I was in Denver to see Phish recently, and I drove to Boulder to visit my niece at CU, and we met up at Press Play specifically because I wanted to finally play Dialed In before I placed an order for a LE. Loved it. Cool place and the game was in great shape.

Amazing...thank you for coming!!

Quoted from moonduckie78:I was sad that WOZ was turned off, though.

The sad story with this is that the "AD Board" for the monitor died. JJP has since switched to a different monitor, and the manufacturer (Suzo Happ) literally stopped creating replacement boards. Frank at JJP was eventually able to dig one up in their warehouse for me, so it's fixed now.

Quoted from moonduckie78:

It was quieter back there. Felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. This was on a Thursday night.

This is definitely true, and I shouldn't take it for granted. Once you know where it is, there aren't any distractions, and no through traffic!

If you're ever back, let me know and we can play some pinball.

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

GoT Premium does all right on location, but be sure to set it to casual mode. General public is REALLY confused when it asks them to choose a house right off the bat. Casual mode, you hit start and can launch a ball right off the bat. No questions.
I'd like to know what WWE does on location. I hate the game and believe it would be a dud earner, but it would be nice to have some real-world data.

GOT Pro will earn better than the Premium. I have had my GOT Pro on location since January 2016 with it set on Advanced mode as I have plenty of strong players in the mix. Even if I had just casual players I would want them to be able to see the whole game if they were able to get that far.

I believe that there are still NIB WWE games available from the initial run. That should be enough to tell you how good it is on location.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I believe that there are still NIB WWE games available from the initial run.

LE's, no less.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.