Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Waiting.PNG
EBE8624B-AF84-4361-B043-C2E582986C98 (resized).png
IMG_6509 (resized).jpg
20180523_215948 (resized).jpg
happy gilmore.jpg
4D5BCBCF-D018-4251-879D-6F4AFB1F7D45 (resized).jpeg
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I own both. I would get Dialed In.

After last night, I'm definitely leaning Dialed In. I plan on making my decision by Monday.

#102 5 years ago

I have said this before - In my opinion DI is the best pinball machine available currently, I have not played Houdini or the new pirates.

#103 5 years ago

It’s fantastic that you can get two great pins, years ago when MMR remake was announced people were freaking out because the number one pin was being remade. It’s been a great half decade for pinball machines as you have seen with the pins you own. It’s not like you could go wrong either way.

The only thing that bugs me spending $9k on one pin is that I’m seeing or have seen good pins for way less (I bought Tron, IM, Met, TWD, SM, LotR, Tspp) for around half that. I’m nor saying they’re as good but just price is something to consider if you prefer two pins for $10k or one for $9k.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It’s fantastic that you can get two great pins, years ago when MMR remake was announced people were freaking out because the number one pin was being remade. It’s been a great half decade for pinball machines as you have seen with the pins you own. It’s not like you could go wrong either way.
The only thing that bugs me spending $9k on one pin is that I’m seeing or have seen good pins for way less (I bought Tron, IM, Met, TWD, SM, LotR, Tspp) for around half that. I’m nor saying they’re as good but just price is something to consider if you prefer two pins for $10k or one for $9k.

I don't disagree with anything you said. I think the biggest thought that crosses my mind is the $9,000 price tag for a new pin. With that kind of money, you can do a lot of things including traveling the world. Crazy to think about.

Luckily, if you do need the money after purchase, worse case scenario is that you sell it for a $1,000 loss (which isn't chump change either).

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I don't disagree with anything you said. I think the biggest thought that crosses my mind is the $9,000 price tag for a new pin. With that kind of money, you can do a lot of things including traveling the world. Crazy to think about.
Luckily, if you do need the money after purchase, worse case scenario is that you sell it for a $1,000 loss (which isn't chump change either).

Or find a HUO only for about 8k and lose nothing if you ever sell....

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

because you play well and they suck.

Yeh, i really need to buy an easier game. I’ve got TNA now to replace it. Do you think will suit?

#107 5 years ago

I like the way you think!

#108 5 years ago

I went through this exact same thought process recently. I wanted a Dialed-in but for years, over and over, I have always come back to MM (for 14 years now!). I knew if I didn't get one I would never stop thinking about it. Since I couldn't find an original MM at a price I liked I went with my gut and bought MMR. I am very happy with the gameplay. I will still purchase a Dialed-in someday. Ultimately I don't think you can go wrong with either.

#109 5 years ago

Just to throw a spanner in the works...

I've been offered to trade my Mint monster bash for a dialled in...

Am considering it but unsure about it.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Just to throw a spanner in the works...
I've been offered to trade my Mint monster bash for a dialled in...
Am considering it but unsure about it.

I have a feeling there will be plenty of mint MBs soon.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I plan on making my decision by Monday.

We want the Ralph decision process, you have until midnight or else!!!

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

We want the Ralph decision process, you have until midnight or else!!!

Works for me

#113 5 years ago

Well guys, I'm not one to "Ralph" it, so I thought I would let you know I have officially made a choice between Dialed In and MMr. It was an incredibly tough decision.

The life-changing money was sent to my distributor this morning, they receive it and my game has been shipped. It should arrive next week. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Thanks to everyone who provided a vote, opinion and suggestion; it was really helpful.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend everybody!

#114 5 years ago

HAHAHAHA....and.......?

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

HAHAHAHA....and.......?

He went with an EM and saved 7.5-8K.

#116 5 years ago

EM wow he went old school, I had him pegged for a Gilligans island for sure

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Well guys, I'm not one to "Ralph" it, so I thought I would let you know I have officially made a choice between Dialed In and MMr. It was an incredibly tough decision.
The life-changing money was sent to my distributor this morning, they receive it and my game has been shipped. It should arrive next week. I'm very happy with my purchase.
Thanks to everyone who provided a vote, opinion and suggestion; it was really helpful.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend everybody!

Nicely played AFM95

#118 5 years ago

I can't leave you guys hanging like that.

I'm now the proud owner of a Dialed In LE, #998. Should get it next Thursday.

Have a great weekend guys!

#119 5 years ago

EBE8624B-AF84-4361-B043-C2E582986C98 (resized).pngEBE8624B-AF84-4361-B043-C2E582986C98 (resized).png

#120 5 years ago

If your a player DI is the better game by far, but if you only play once in a while or have non-pinheads over they will all love MM more.

#121 5 years ago

As others have stated the obvious answer to this question seems to be DI. DI is very different than AFM. In contrast, MM is very similar. Short term MM might be better but fast forward a couple months and you may regret the decision. Either way it's not a big deal. Maybe you decide it's time to sell AFM to buy a DI after owning MM for a couple months. Maybe when this decision is made DI is not as expensive. Either direction you go I think you can easily go in the other direction if you decide you made the wrong decision.

Therefore, I believe you should jump on the best deal you can find for either. Don't over think the decision.

If you were to say you're in love with two women one blonde and the other brunette and inquiring about which one you should choose my advice would be a bit different. Good luck!

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

If your a player DI is the better game by far, but if you only play once in a while or have non-pinheads over they will all love MM more.

What if you are in-between both of those?

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

If you were to say you're in love with two women one blonde and the other brunette and inquiring about which one you should choose my advice would be a bit different. Good luck!

LOL! So I do have another situation that I need advice on... blonde or brunette and why?

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

LOL! So I do have another situation that I need advice on... blonde or brunette and why?

Redhead all the way.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I have a feeling there will be plenty of mint MBs soon.

I agree!
Mines now gone!

Congrats to the OP - DI is a great game!

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I'm now the proud owner of a Dialed In LE, #998. Should get it next Thursday.

Glad to hear. If it will help the wait, you can stop in and I'll let you play mine for free.

LTG : )

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Glad to hear. If it will help the wait, you can stop in and I'll let you play mine for free.

I might have to take you up on that Lloyd. Open regular hours this weekend, closed Memorial Day?

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I might have to take you up on that Lloyd. Open regular hours this weekend, closed Memorial Day?

You are more than welcome to.

Normal hours this weekend and open Memorial day.

Disclaimer : I know how hard the anticipation and wait can be.

#129 5 years ago

It seems like almost everyone on here that has both machines or has owned both machines prefers Dialed In over Medieval Madness. The poll also shows a large advantage for Dialed In.

Why then, is Medieval Madness ranked #1 and Dialed In is ranked at #6 in the top 100? This doesn't make sense.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

It seems like almost everyone on here that has both machines or has owned both machines prefers Dialed In over Medieval Madness. The poll also shows a large advantage for Dialed In.
Why then, is Medieval Madness ranked #1 and Dialed In is ranked at #6 in the top 100? This doesn't make sense.

Well Medieval Madness had a 19 year head start. MM is a worthy #1 no doubt, but I just bought a Dialed In LE last night because I think there’s a new king bashing the castle. We’ll see.

#131 5 years ago

What about an MBLE? I'm in on that title for sure. CGC's quality is amazing. I have AFMLE and I am blown away by the quality. Best game I own, simply stunning. Rules are complex but not as confusing as some of the more recent titles. Some people here mention that DI is more technologically advanced which I enjoy, but i think I prefer 90s style games that have quality shots and are relatively easy to understand over games with super complex rules. I'm super busy and don't have time to read a novel dedicated to the rules of a game. My go to game tens to be whirlwind so that says it all.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Well my wife is blonde. For that reason I suggest brunette.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Maybe we should create poll on this subject?

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

No, I prefer MM.
MM is 20 years old and has been played over and over. People just want novelties and deeper games now.
However, I do think MM is way more fun to play and to shoot. The game is also much more accessible to a wide range of players

#135 5 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

What about an MBLE?

I just traded my MB for DILE. No doubt MB is a fun game, humorous, stunning to look at especially with the led kits installed. Now code wise there are some fun things to do in the machine. Mosh pit, Monster Bash then of course Monsters of Rock however in smaller collections there needs to be some more substance to keep the player going, that's where this does come up short but hey it's a 20 year old machine and was and still is great for it's time. Now when you place that up against todays machines where is there is more thought out code with rules, sounds, displays, light shows etc.... it hard to top that. With all that being said it was still fun to have one and play but it was time to let someone else enjoy it once it started sitting for month or two without being touched.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Well my wife is blonde. For that reason I suggest brunette.

Well, I guess I did it right because my wife is brunette and a super cool woman.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

What about an MBLE? I'm in on that title for sure. CGC's quality is amazing. I have AFMLE and I am blown away by the quality. Best game I own, simply stunning. Rules are complex but not as confusing as some of the more recent titles. Some people here mention that DI is more technologically advanced which I enjoy, but i think I prefer 90s style games that have quality shots and are relatively easy to understand over games with super complex rules. I'm super busy and don't have time to read a novel dedicated to the rules of a game. My go to game tens to be whirlwind so that says it all.

I wouldn't call DI super complex rules.

I don't know all the rules but basically hit electric guy will charge the phone. Phone is mode start so hit the phone. After that is the mode which is just various playfield shots.

there are other rules but I wouldn't say DI is that much more complex than TZ for example.

As for quality shots, DI is the definition of that. If you like TZ or TAF then you'd feel at home on DI.

the technology which I speak of is like the LCD displays, the selfie camera, the color changing lights the magnet that changes the way the theatre shot reacts to the ball is just on top of a regular normal pin. Think of DI as a game from the 90's but with better technology.

#138 5 years ago

When it comes to DI vs. MM, we're really comparing apples to oranges. Both games are fantastic and both could be rated higher than the other depending on the opinion. But at the end of the day, we're talking about different eras of pinball.

It's like the Michael Jordan vs. Lebron debate. Both are amazing players. Both have different attributes that make them great. However, they played in different eras where players played differently, strategy isn't the same and a handful of rules (not the core ones) have changed.

This same logic applies to DI and MM. Both have different characteristics that make them great. One has a straightforward simple rule set while the other is deeper. One has better bash toys and theme compared to the other. Technology wise, DI crushes MM.

As everyone has said, you can't go wrong with either. It's about all about preference. You just can't compare them head to head to which one is truly better.

#139 5 years ago

Congratulations on the decision. I love mine. I even find myself playing using my phone from time to time just to make it more interesting.

#140 5 years ago

DI is not complex at all - it's very straight forward rule set wise.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Congratulations on the decision. I love mine. I even find myself playing using my phone from time to time just to make it more interesting.

Thank you! I'll have to try the phone app once it gets here.

I would have took you up on your offer by purchasing DI from you, but I have a great distributor that I already work with.

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Thank you! I'll have to try the phone app once it gets here.
I would have took you up on your offer by purchasing DI from you, but I have a great distributor that I already work with.

No worries. As long as you got the game, that is all that matters

#143 5 years ago

My butt hurts looking at that stool.

#144 5 years ago

My phone shot is like butter. I’m not finding my backhand yet but cross table it’ll go in more often than not.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I just traded my MB for DILE. No doubt MB is a fun game, humorous, stunning to look at especially with the led kits installed. Now code wise there are some fun things to do in the machine. Mosh pit, Monster Bash then of course Monsters of Rock however in smaller collections there needs to be some more substance to keep the player going, that's where this does come up short but hey it's a 20 year old machine and was and still is great for it's time. Now when you place that up against todays machines where is there is more thought out code with rules, sounds, displays, light shows etc.... it hard to top that. With all that being said it was still fun to have one and play but it was time to let someone else enjoy it once it started sitting for month or two without being touched.

Makes perfect sense.

I bought my old MB back and didn't keep it for longer than a few weeks.
Thoughts came flooding back quickly as to why I had sold it in the first place.
MB is fun but just too basic. A very simple pin.

My friend said about MB "Its the most fun boring game there is".

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Makes perfect sense.
I bought my old MB back and didn't keep it for longer than a few weeks.
Thoughts came flooding back quickly as to why I had sold it in the first place.
MB is fun but just too basic. A very simple pin.
My friend said about MB "Its the most fun boring game there is".

I think this too. To me, MB is too simple - especially for the price it has commanded for awhile. I predict we see a flood of them after the honeymoon wears off if it is indeed the next CGC remake. If more software is added, maybe it will last a bit longer. We'll see.

DI rocks.

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

I think this too. To me, MB is too simple - especially for the price it has commanded for awhile. I predict we see a flood of them after the honeymoon wears off if it is indeed the next CGC remake. If more software is added, maybe it will last a bit longer. We'll see.
DI rocks.

I was just saying the exact same thing to a friend of mine today.

Sure it'll sell well and rightfully so, but it won't be long till wee see a flood of them due to it being way too basic.

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

To me, MB is too simple -

How often were you getting the "666" stack?

How many times have you started Lyman's Lament?

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

MB is too simple

How many times have you played on a game with lightning flippers and fully opened outlanes (or removed posts entirely)?

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

How many times have you played on a game with lightning flippers and fully opened outlanes (or removed posts entirely)?

Exactly. It's pretty easy to make MB more difficult. I played a MB that they used in the It Never Drains in Southern California tournament a few years ago. Let's just say that people weren't getting to Monsters of Rock too often.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-or-mmr/page/3?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.