Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which game would you buy if you had $8000 to spend?”

• Dialed In 101 votes
    63%
  • Medieval Madness Remake 59 votes
    37%

(160 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tramd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I decided to cancel my Big Lebowski preorder so I have some extra cash in the pinball budget. Which game would you buy for around $8000? My favorite game is WOZ and my second favorite game is TZ so I am obviously a JJP/Lawlor fan but I haven't played DI and am not a fan of the theme and appearance. MM is widely known as one of the greatest games of all time and is also beautiful and a lot of fun.

I am leaning one way but am looking for input that will confirm or contradict that. Thanks!

#8 7 years ago

I was honestly leaning towards MMr but I made this thread because I was honestly torn. Despite my insistence that I would never buy it due to theme, my interactions with JJP and the 3 fantastic games of theirs I currently own, along with the comments here, would lead me to believe I'd be happier with DI. Perhaps I'll get an LE. That blue powder coating is pretty sweet looking!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Id buy a MMR, play it for a year then sell and get a DI, there are still people waiting on their hobbits, you'll probably have to wait for at least quite a few months to get a DI.

I think this is a good idea for the reason you mention and three reasons beyond that:
1. JJP tends to release cool new LEs of their games later on. I might like that DI more.
2. Buying DI later allows me to get a polished game with all of the kinks worked out (or at least most of the kinks).
3. I might just get both if I like the MMR enough!

Plus, it gives me some time to actually play DI before I decide if I want it.

Thanks everyone! The decision has been made.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

MMr may be a great game but theres no way id give 8K for it. Ive never played DI but I eont think id want to pay the outrageous asking price for it either. I just got a GB Premium and ive never had so much fun playing pinball in my life, it is awesome! Id get GB personally.

If you are talking to me, I already have a GB Pro and enjoy it very much. I have played the Premium/LE and while they are better than the Pro, they weren't enough better to me to justify the much higher price.

Quoted from Maken:

Get a Shadow and pocket 5k.

I have considered The Shadow but I haven't ever gotten a chance to play it. It is on my want list as well.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Dialed In! Not even close, and I really enjoy the MM in my collection right now.
PL and JJP are going to knock DI! out of the park.

I think I might end up owning both.

1 year later
#40 5 years ago

Wow, what an interesting revival of my old thread. I have a DI LE and a MMr now and love both. I prefer the MMr and that will probably never leave my collection (it is my wife's favorite game) but the DI LE is unlikely to go anywhere for a long time either.

BTW, JJPOTC is a fantastic game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 64.99
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tramd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-or-medieval-madness-remake?tu=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.