(Topic ID: 174278)

Dialed In now available to play on location at Level 257!

By Tech257

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0772 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170222_132105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170222_131059 (resized).jpg
dialed in (resized).jpg
Stern (resized).JPG
help_ (resized).JPG
IMG_0294 (resized).JPG
IMG_0293 (resized).JPG
1i3ic7 (resized).jpg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0409 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
117ddfd97778a821dfc73584367b1e7967519bb1 (resized).jpg
ff0a39052a343bf2991e510a08c56f1bf3cb53ab (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nope.
I have a Woz, several Stern's and several Bally pins.
The PF is shit. Which doesn't matter if Micro is actually shipping.
The sales of DI is going to be the issue.
When you can buy a $5200 Stern pro with Lcd, tell me how a $9k plus DI pin is gonna survive when JJP is already in the red big time?
Btw, compare factory's and what is going on.

Let be real here. Stern still is having playfield issues on B'66, and just had almost a YEAR of horrible PF issues with GB and whatever they re-ran during that time. Production JJP playfields KILL Stern in the quality department. And on shooting, I'll take what Dialed In has over the dead shot party of B'66 any day. Considering it's a thin reskin of BDK, it's astounding they didn't clean up the shot geometry basically at all. It's one dead shot after another, and keeping the ball on the left ramp is a chore I shouldn't have to think about. At least JJP is doing the tried and true method of TESTING their pins ON LOCATION well before release to work the bugs out. Those days seem to be gone at Stern.

And maybe a bottom tier Stern Star Wars will be great. But then again, who knows? If it shoots like BM'66 that ain't happening. We'll know when they're both out and people can judge which is more FUN, because that determines the keepers and the ones you send down the road.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well said. A year ago I was a Stern fanboy and bashing JJP. Still a big fan of Stern, but the last year they have disappointed me. Jack stepped it up with Dialed In and Stern laid an egg with Batman, GB issues, play fields. Still not sold on the Dialed in theme or artwork, but what's most important is how it shoots. It shoots great, Batman shoots like a defective zizzle.

I consider myself just a fan of good pinball, and will compliment or deride any manufacturer as warranted. There's good and bad with literally every pinball manufacturer, and as fans we just have to hope the good outweighs the bad in the long run.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BM66 "shoots" great.

Compared to WHAT? It has the most dead shots of any pin I've played in the last few years, at least. The left and right orbit shots are a rattle-y mess. Very hard to make a clean orbit shot, left or right, and that should be one of the easiest shots of all in a pin. Lazy Susan promotes dead shots, too. Left ramp has constant problems with the ball flying off the rails. It does not shoot great by any normal definition.

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Compared to all the other pins I own and play all the time.
I heard the same BS with TWD early on
This pin will be special when it's done

I can buy that if you're talking about the software, but even with good software, the DESIGN geometry is just crap. You won't be able to fix the rattling left and right orbit shots and the ball flying off the left ramp (unless they do a service bulletin and provide a shield). So even with awesome software, it will still have a lot of dead shots.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the guy who maintains the Level 257 games is here. I'm sure he can tell you how many plays are on that game. I'm sure it's a shitload.

So, did you ask him? How many plays!?

2 weeks later
#207 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I LOL how everyone that goes there takes a photo of the magnet core now.
Too bad we dont have total game plays for each photo.

Tech was in it and menu was up. They could have gotten that picture.

#211 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow. 2800 plays not that much.
Switches not registering. PF must have been borrowed from Stern

Who knows how many free plays, though? Probably close to at least that many free from taking it to show off at the reveal and elsewhere before it landed here.

#217 2 years ago

Does JJP have a more concrete timeframe for shipping beginning on this machine yet? They said 2 Qtr originally, I think, but I always inferred that was more June than April.

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

A playfield should not look like that after 28,000 play let alone 2800

That's not a production playfield nor production parts. Test parts are just that...test. I know it's weird for people to understand because Stern doesn't do location testing anymore, but that's the process, and JJP is at least doing it right.

#226 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You say this is a test game that they put out with sub standard game parts so how does this test what will happen to there games

Not "substandard" parts, TEST parts (which are often one-offs and sometimes hand made). The test location is designed to TEST shot flow, parts durability, parts function, etc in the real world. It's the way it USED to be done. The RIGHT way, instead of having customers do a live, ongoing beta test like Stern does now.

2 weeks later
#342 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

my one and only thing I thus far dont like much with Woz and TH is the completely lack of worthwhile callouts to help the player. I hope DI has a few at the right times. It is just me personally and I know on location it is tough to hear anyway, but I like the verbal cues of what to shoot for on these complexly coded games.

Woz is way better than TH in that regard. "Shoot the Castle", "Shoot the Throne Room" and the tornado callout are helpful to new players. There are others.

1 month later
#370 2 years ago
Quoted from TiltDis:

Magnet update from 257:

Did they put the mylar OVER the magnet, too? Seems like they'd want to use a donut style mylar with an exact size hole where the magnet post is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,000.00
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside