(Topic ID: 174278)

Dialed In now available to play on location at Level 257!

By Tech257

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0772 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170222_132105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170222_131059 (resized).jpg
dialed in (resized).jpg
Stern (resized).JPG
help_ (resized).JPG
IMG_0294 (resized).JPG
IMG_0293 (resized).JPG
1i3ic7 (resized).jpg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0409 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
117ddfd97778a821dfc73584367b1e7967519bb1 (resized).jpg
ff0a39052a343bf2991e510a08c56f1bf3cb53ab (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

Nice, game looks sweet, love the playfield camera, wish I had a location like this near me!

1 month later
#60 7 years ago

I wonder how many plays that DI has had though? That prototype was likely at Expo and has then been in Level 257 for a couple of months and it is one of the only DIs on location so it must be getting hammered.

It would be interesting to see what the rest of the playfield is like. I heard there is also some wear at the scoop. If it's only wearing at the scoop and the magnet those areas can be redesigned with protectors to make them more durable. It would be a worry if there was wear in unexpected areas.

The Hobbit and DI playfields are made by Mirco, no? I believe they have a good reputation. Earlier WOZ playfields are a different story, they were made by another manufacturer and some had adhesion issues.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Unless Dialed In rights a lot of wrongs, I wouldn't route a JJP. First of all, the cost is A LOT to recoup, and secondly, neither WoZ or The Hobbit have a strong record of uptime on location. In the home you can put the time in to tweak. For an operator, it could be a headache.

The JJP system was pretty extensively redesigned with DI. So far, DI has been reported to be largely trouble-free at shows and on test.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You should have seen me back in the day clg! I was smoking the JJP weed hook, line and sinker.
Just trying to keep it real. Long term it all looks like shit apparently.

It seems like you had a bad experience with WOZ and have made your mind up about JJP. That's not really "keeping it real". Keeping it real would involve judging each new machine on it's merits. Now, if DI ships and has quality problems by all means flame away but judging DI build-quality based on WOZ playfield adhesion issues or wear around the magnet on the DI test game seems premature, as does judging the game before you have played it by the way.

#135 7 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

I will route a DI once I see game times in the 2-2:30 time frame. I saw guys at expo play 20 minute games. Not much $ to be made on 20min games

Quoted from Aurich:

The ball times are gonna be long, because I'm far from a good player and my very first game was pretty easy. I expect home games to err on the epic side.

Someone mentioned earlier that Pat is collecting data from the game at this location and tweaking it to get to optimum average ball times.

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If you're reading this Jack, how about another Buffalo Pinball live stream of the current game code? Youtube needs more DI gameplay videos.

Yep, would be great to see how the code is progressing.

1 week later
#160 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Scoop wear is not ok either.
Wtf. That PF is horrible.

Really? That's a tiny amount of wear given the amount of plays that pin has likely gotten. Only DI anywhere on location, it must be getting hammered 24/7. Sure there's wear around the magnet and a little at the scoop but these are high-traffic areas. JJP said already they are going to protect the magnet and a Cliffy or Mantis protector would take care of the scoop. No wear reported anywhere else on the playfield and the shooter lane looks pristine.

Would love some new video to see how the code has progressed.

#178 7 years ago

JJP is clearly in a stronger position than they have ever been.

They have 2 lines producing WOZ and TH which are still selling.

Now they have a third game Dialed In which:
- is built on a completely redesigned and superior system
- has multiple (5) prototypes which they have had on test since October
- was designed and is still being tweaked by probably the best pinball designer ever
- has very playable code which is being updated regularly
- is almost universally loved by everyone who plays it
- has had very few issues (far less than WOZ and TH)
- and yet is not due for release for another couple of months.

Seriously, people should at least play Dialed In before they start predicting JJP's demise.

2 weeks later
#242 7 years ago

For the holy love of god can the next person that plays this pin please record a gameplay video of the new code instead of taking a picture of the magnet!

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Just a little game play for you guys.
I will post another and also will add some after the weekend

Thankyou!

Lots of nice new details in that video. I love the drone dropping off the wooden crate which then drops down into the Einstein theatre. I also like how the train appears on the LCD as the ball is moving along the habitrails.

Looking forward to your next video.

#251 7 years ago

I wonder if they are going to add some intro animations to set the scene and outline the basic story when you hit the start button? Even some stills from the comic book would help introduce the theme to new players.

1 week later
#264 7 years ago

So, looks like they swapped in a whole new machine. I wonder if it has a new iteration of the playfield with a different magnet setup to try and prevent the wear?

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Huh, wonder if they know the legs come off pinball machines...

Maybe they want to test the durability of the new cabinet design.

#279 7 years ago

Obligatory plea for gameplay video of new code.

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

Obligatory magnet pic as well.

Great, I can't see any wear there at all!

#301 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

My wife and I went to Level 257 this morning and got in 90 minutes of uninterrupted play on DI. WOW! It blew us both away with the fun factor. Great sound, light show, holographic effects, the shots are fun and the concept is beautifully conceived and executed. I shot some short clips on my iPhone but have no idea how to post them. Can anyone provide some dumbed down instructions?

Great work! You need to create a Youtube acccount, upload your videos there and then give us a link to your videos.

#302 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

hmmm.. starting to wear around the magnet again.

Looks like they are testing it out with a mylar circle over the area, I think I can see the edge of the mylar just beneath the eyeball. Looking more closely, it seems that the mylar has already worn through on one side of the magnet.

#312 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Hope you get these videos uploaded...would love to see them!

Yeah, c'mon txstargazer, you can do it!

#315 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Getting nowhere with these 3 videos. I'm willing to email them to someone if you are interested in posting them for the group. Sorry. Just PM me.

No problem, PM sent.

#319 7 years ago

Thanks again for the videos, the game is groundbreaking. Amazing lightshows, call-outs and LCD interaction (all 3 of them), looks like so much fun.

#331 7 years ago

More discussion about Magic Girl than these new videos

#335 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Just did my taxes and getting back over $11k.

I need your accountant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.50
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider solarvalue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-now-available-to-play-on-location-at-level-257?tu=solarvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.