(Topic ID: 174278)

Dialed In now available to play on location at Level 257!

By Tech257

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0772 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170222_132105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170222_131059 (resized).jpg
dialed in (resized).jpg
Stern (resized).JPG
help_ (resized).JPG
IMG_0294 (resized).JPG
IMG_0293 (resized).JPG
1i3ic7 (resized).jpg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0409 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
117ddfd97778a821dfc73584367b1e7967519bb1 (resized).jpg
ff0a39052a343bf2991e510a08c56f1bf3cb53ab (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 7 years ago

There's a reason why months of field testing that JJP do (and Dutch did) should be standard practice, and why Stern mostly ceasing it (not even a few weeks of location testing on some new games) and others not doing it at all should be very worrisome.

Having seen the fallout of lack of testing, and insufficient revision in the past year, and realised just how heavily corners are being cut, I'd be very wary of buying games that are either not long, long into their production cycles (ideally at least a year) or which have not been heavily location tested prior to production. Some new machines coming to market are receiving essentially no long term durability or stress testing (albeit I imagine Stern must still do some on automated test rigs in house).

Good on JJP for not pulling the game when pf damage started to occur, for PR reasons, and keeping it going, to see how bad the problem would become. That's vital data.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

If they did, does Stern sell that part? Cant they just buy them and use them?

I can't imagine they'd receive a patent for that.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JJP games must have a strong record of uptime on location otherwise their games wouldn't be the top earner at many locations and #1 in Replay (WOZ) month after month. Yes some early WOZ's had problems with lightboards and fewer playfield issues but that was years ago. Talked to one local operator a few weeks back and he said WOZ continues to be his #1 earner.

The 'pin cafe' in London, TILT, that I've been to (one of only two in UK) ... I would be amazed if WOZ hasn't been their number one earner since it went in well over a year ago. Every time I've visited and there have been any number of people there, it has always been the most busy machine by far ... and they have other crowd pleasers like Hobbit, MM, MB, CC, CV, GB, ST, GoT etc.

#143 7 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Can anyone name a "short ball time" Lawlor pin? When I think Lawlor, I don't think "fast and brutal". I am sure there is a degree, but generally his games are super forgiving for newbies (Earthshaker was one of the games that got me into pinball in the late 80's).
But that is a double edged sword for home play... Earthshaker was the first pinball I sold as I had thoroughly played the heck out of it, it was not much of a challenge any more.

Funhouse.

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's untrue. Stern had a GB premium on test at 257 as well way before any of us got one.

ST Pro and LE (not sure if Premium revealed at exactly same time) were launched 4 years ago now. A lot has changed since then unfortunately.

They haven't been putting games on location to test for months with recent releases, sometimes a couple of weeks. Certainly BM'66 got nothing, nor did SM VE. I think GB Pro was put out on location before consumers received any units, but production had already started by then.

#151 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

GB is a recent release. They tested the premiums new playfields at 257 before being sold to the public. I got one of the first premiums actually sold, and they had it at 257 for weeks.

That is nothing to do with pre-production testing ... and the Premium pfs are the same as LEs, which had already gone out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rubberducks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-now-available-to-play-on-location-at-level-257?tu=rubberducks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.