(Topic ID: 174278)

Dialed In now available to play on location at Level 257!

By Tech257

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0772 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170222_132105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170222_131059 (resized).jpg
dialed in (resized).jpg
Stern (resized).JPG
help_ (resized).JPG
IMG_0294 (resized).JPG
IMG_0293 (resized).JPG
1i3ic7 (resized).jpg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0409 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
117ddfd97778a821dfc73584367b1e7967519bb1 (resized).jpg
ff0a39052a343bf2991e510a08c56f1bf3cb53ab (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#271 2 years ago

I've transported games like that before... but in those cases they project machines I didn't yet care about and in one of the cases the leg bolts were frozen so and I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time unbolting them while the little old lady waited. Still drove extra slow and was worried the whole time that a big bump in the road would snap a tie sending the game into the car behind me.

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Maybe. Pinball machines are pretty tough though. Just sold a totan and the shippimg company told the buyer they will only insure it if he wants it shipped with the legs on. They had a box truck though so he could wrap it up and tie it to the wall

Oh yeah, a box truck is a whole different ball game. The one time I used one, I kept legs on, simply because it was so much quicker and easier when using a pin dolly. Strapped to the walls and wrapped in blankets I did not have any worries. Still it was a relatively local drive.

#310 2 years ago

The Category selections are loaded live from YouTube. Once loaded will default to "Comedy" and behave like any other pick list. If nothing is coming up then there may be a connectivity issue to YouTube from where your connected at. I know for me (currently in a basement with no wifi) it takes a few moments for the category list to populate but edventually does.

#333 2 years ago

It does look like a helluva lot of fun! I'm still undecided but have not had a chance to play yet, that will likely change things. Might also wait to see what the next game is before deciding but I for sure see another new JJP game in my future. The only other machine being made today that comes close to being as intriguing to me is Alien.

#343 2 years ago

I agree WOZ callouts are awesome and plentiful. Plus every callout has several variations keeping it interesting.

Now some call outs in WOZ do require knowing the story context ie "bring me that girl and her little dog" (although changed slightly) means the winged monkey is ready to fly down and capture your ball. While it doesn't specify say "shoot the orbit to so that the money with a magpnet aperatus can place your ball in the castle lock in preperation for rescue dorthoy multiball" I think its clear enough and keeps you in the story that way. Plus the monkey target has a giant flashing arrow over it.

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I don't get that I hear people say how great it is JJP test there games and how Stern should do the same. Then when something go's wrong they say well that does not count because fill in the blank JJP either test the games or he does not.If he does not build the test games to JJP standards the test is pointless

I don't think anyone said it doesn't matter. Also, why not underspec a prototype? First off no need to pay marco for all the expense of tooling up for a few playfieds when the design could likey change from test results. Second if your using say a non cleared or lightly cleared inkjet printed playfield it will show you your wear areas long before an actual playfield would allowinf you to find the flaw earlier and test improvements faster.

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I really hope they jack up the electric flipper shock affect, videos look like it barely twinges for .5 seconds when getting hit with a pulse.
Also the ball times seem just as long as TH. How are Operators supposed to make any money if the ball rarely drains?? Bad for home owners too if nobody at the party wants to wait 10 min per ball.

I would think the flipper shock effect would be something they make adjustable by owner/operator.

As for other traditional ball time factors, do we know if the machine there is setup easy? Medium? What?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,000.00
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 21.00
$ 50.00
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider merccat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside