(Topic ID: 174278)

Dialed In now available to play on location at Level 257!

By Tech257

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0772 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170222_132105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170222_131059 (resized).jpg
dialed in (resized).jpg
Stern (resized).JPG
help_ (resized).JPG
IMG_0294 (resized).JPG
IMG_0293 (resized).JPG
1i3ic7 (resized).jpg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0409 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
117ddfd97778a821dfc73584367b1e7967519bb1 (resized).jpg
ff0a39052a343bf2991e510a08c56f1bf3cb53ab (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I never quite understood the exposed magnet cores...why not just put it under the playfield like Shadow and Addams...or even GB w/ the magna-slings. If worried about wood wear in that area, just put some mylar in that area at the factory.

It must have to do with the way the magnet is used. An exposed core might be needed to stop higher velocity shots, but I'm not sure. If you could do what you wanted to do with the magnet under the playfield, then it seems silly to have them exposed as they are now. If everything is possible with the magnet under the playfield, I agree, put them under and throw mylar over the area.

#69 2 years ago

Unless Dialed In rights a lot of wrongs, I wouldn't route a JJP. First of all, the cost is A LOT to recoup, and secondly, neither WoZ or The Hobbit have a strong record of uptime on location. In the home you can put the time in to tweak. For an operator, it could be a headache.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The JJP superiority build idea is a farce in so many ways. My Woz is a great example.

No, it's a fact that JJP uses higher quality components. They've just had some early growing pains in regards to engineering. Coming into game three, it looks like they've figured a lot of those issues out.

Wear around a magnet on a test game doesn't say much. Wear around a home use game would.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Looks like" means nothing though right?
I say "wear" around that magnet means a lot. Can't be that many plays.
In any event, I'm not paying $9500 for "looks like" anything. Just saying.
I go with what i like and what has served me well.
As for "higher quality components", I'll go with what Extreme Pinball says with his high volume JJP and STERN routed pins.

Didn't you get in on Batman '66 and it's made-of-clay magnet? I mean, c'mon...

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I didn't believe it was possible, but here we have field testing, something that everybody used to do with new games and something that, in any case, would seem to be a sound idea no matter who is doing it, spun into a negative. Way to go!

It's pretty silly, yeah. Test games were a staple of the industry and in recent times we've seen lots of examples where field testing could have dramatically improved a product.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

My Wozecle HUO had the same transistor short and fry the trough VUK. I'm really not impressed with the reliability of JJP as numerous other problems have surfaced as well. Still, the support has been good which makes me overlook some of the shortcomings. WOZ is a feature packed game with good build quality but I wouldn't say its all that reliable.

Yeah, great build quality, iffy engineering. Not bad for a first effort, but there are definitely some issues that have been worked on going forward.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If you're reading this Jack, how about another Buffalo Pinball live stream of the current game code? Youtube needs more DI gameplay videos.

Amen.

That stream that the Buffalo Pinball guys did with Steve Bowden convinced me to preorder an LE. That was fantastic content.

4 weeks later
#213 2 years ago

Isn't it 2,800 plays since the last update? Could be many more in total.

1 week later
#275 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

IDK, but the one I played flipped poorly with very little code.

Yeah, that's Batman '66. Clunky and still running beta code. The code will improve dramatically with time, but it's going to be a rough shooter no matter what.

#306 2 years ago

It definitely looks mylared, but who knows if it was applied before or after wear started to show? It might have been put on right as it was put on location, and that wear could have been present from playing in the office. We also have no idea what kind of clearcoat it has. It doesn't inspire confidence, but it's too much of an unknown to make any conclusions.

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I don't get that I hear people say how great it is JJP test there games and how Stern should do the same. Then when something go's wrong they say well that does not count because fill in the blank JJP either test the games or he does not.If he does not build the test games to JJP standards the test is pointless

The point of the test isn't to test playfield durability. It's to make sure they eliminate problems with mechs, ball hangups, to find as many software bugs as possible, and to stress test the electronic components. The playfield process isn't going to change, so they don't bother using an A-grade playfield for testing in most cases. One all the other stuff is finalized, they're good to go in production with full production quality components.

1 month later
#371 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Did they put the mylar OVER the magnet, too? Seems like they'd want to use a donut style mylar with an exact size hole where the magnet post is.

Looks that way. I'm going to use one of those carbon fiber rings unless it has factory mylar.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, TN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside