(Topic ID: 174278)

Dialed In now available to play on location at Level 257!

By Tech257

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0772 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170222_132105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170222_131059 (resized).jpg
dialed in (resized).jpg
Stern (resized).JPG
help_ (resized).JPG
IMG_0294 (resized).JPG
IMG_0293 (resized).JPG
1i3ic7 (resized).jpg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0409 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
117ddfd97778a821dfc73584367b1e7967519bb1 (resized).jpg
ff0a39052a343bf2991e510a08c56f1bf3cb53ab (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 7 years ago

I really hope they jack up the electric flipper shock affect, videos look like it barely twinges for .5 seconds when getting hit with a pulse.

Also the ball times seem just as long as TH. How are Operators supposed to make any money if the ball rarely drains?? Bad for home owners too if nobody at the party wants to wait 10 min per ball.

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I really hope they jack up the electric flipper shock affect, videos look like it barely twinges for .5 seconds when getting hit with a pulse.
Also the ball times seem just as long as TH. How are Operators supposed to make any money if the ball rarely drains?? Bad for home owners too if nobody at the party wants to wait 10 min per ball.

I would think the flipper shock effect would be something they make adjustable by owner/operator.

As for other traditional ball time factors, do we know if the machine there is setup easy? Medium? What?

#353 7 years ago

Remember the recent videos have someone playing that is very familiar with the game. The game is supposedly set up the way Pat thinks it should be so average ball times are probably where you'd expect them.

Also, the videos wouldn't be very informative or helpful if they were only 30s long, right?

#354 7 years ago

Looks like there is another machine on location here in Chicago, at Headquaters River North. Haven't had time to get over there though, but it's much easier to get to for me than 257.

#355 7 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Looks like there is another machine on location here in Chicago, at Headquaters River North. Haven't had time to get over there though, but it's much easier to get to for me than 257.

I am going to be in Chicago next week. I am excited to hear to Headquarters and play some pins. Looking forward to playing Monster Bash for the first time.

#356 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Callouts not so good.

Still plenty of time for them to improve on that facet.

Thanks for the videos by the way. The game looks fantastic.

#357 7 years ago

March Madness Month, Get your Dialed In's ordered for summer delivery. Call for the best pricing.
Pincades
219-924-PINS

#358 7 years ago

I played it for a couple hours last night since I was in town for work, cool game but definitely could use some improvements. The lack of an actual Extra Ball insert seems odd and it took me a couple games before I figured out it's scored at Bob's. The Theater hologram looks fantastic but the constant "Crazy" call-outs are annoying - much more so than when the phone rings IMO. As for condition, the scoop is showing pretty significant wear (nothing a cliffy wouldn't fix) and the mylar on the magnet was torn and partially sticking up. I had a fantastic game going on ball 1 then during mutiball put two balls rapidly into the subway, one via Bob's (I think) and the other from the Upper right flipper and the game completely lost where they were. I assume they were somehow hung-up in there but the game went to ball search a long time (tilt is set pretty sensitive so I could only lightly nudge it), eventually it saved "ball save" and kicked a new one out of the trough but my rhythm was shot by then and I drained it pretty quickly. Then it got worse on the next ball; as soon as I put one in the subway it spit out three balls - woo-hoo, free mulitball, right? WRONG, as soon as one drained the ball was over and I was screwed. Still managed the #6 spot but it should have been much better. Oh well, that's pinball! I liked the game better then I thought I would (I'm not a big fan of Lawlor games), the attacks during multiball, animations on the backbox LCD, theater, and especially the big bang sequence are all highlights.

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Remember the recent videos have someone playing that is very familiar with the game. The game is supposedly set up the way Pat thinks it should be so average ball times are probably where you'd expect them.
Also, the videos wouldn't be very informative or helpful if they were only 30s long, right?

I was playing full games of Ghost Busters between my turn with two other players.

#360 7 years ago

The "crazy" phrases do seem to be a bit over used.

#361 7 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I played it for a couple hours last night since I was in town for work, cool game but definitely could use some improvements.

I'm impressed you could actually get that much playing time on it given the long lines. I'm going to go get in line I guess as I'm getting my ass handed to me in the Papa tournament (no surprises there)

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from ltd73:

I was playing full games of Ghost Busters between my turn with two other players.

Because you kept getting drained by the gap and inlane launches?

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

I'm impressed you could actually get that much playing time on it given the long lines. I'm going to go get in line I guess as I'm getting my ass handed to me in the Papa tournament (no surprises there)

At 257 I really didn't wait to play, other than myour group there were maybe 3 real pinball players and some couples that were going from machine to machine with no idea what they were doing.

#364 7 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Because you kept getting drained by the gap and inlane launches?

Yep. Ghostbusters is just brutal. I think you have to own it to really get the hang of it but don't want to test that theory...

#365 7 years ago

Are there any Dialed-ins available to play in NYC?

#366 7 years ago

played it again today! Lots of new stuff in the code. There seemed to be a bunch of stuff going on with Bob's. Lots of new animations on the screens. Game seemed to play much easier today - don't know why but I got a bunch of free games which I never really achieved in the past (i'm a poor player) Game is still a home run for me. I've now played it on 5 different occasions and I think it is an awesome game.

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are there any Dialed-ins available to play in NYC?

not sure about in the city, but i believe there is at least one at JJP headquarters in Lakewood, NJ.

2 weeks later
#368 6 years ago

My family finally made it up to Level 257 last night, what a great place! As far as Dialed In, I thought it was a really fun machine. Lots of great shots, great magnet action, code seems pretty good, lighting effects were very well done. Not a fan of some of the callouts and Bob the builder moving target. Overall it was the game I played the most, I liked it alot more than the Hobbit, and it really had that one more game mojo going on. Also, Game of Thrones does indeed kick ass.

1 week later
#369 6 years ago

Magnet update from 257:

IMG_0723 (resized).JPGIMG_0723 (resized).JPG

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from TiltDis:

Magnet update from 257:

Did they put the mylar OVER the magnet, too? Seems like they'd want to use a donut style mylar with an exact size hole where the magnet post is.

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did they put the mylar OVER the magnet, too? Seems like they'd want to use a donut style mylar with an exact size hole where the magnet post is.

Looks that way. I'm going to use one of those carbon fiber rings unless it has factory mylar.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-now-available-to-play-on-location-at-level-257/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.