(Topic ID: 174278)

Dialed In now available to play on location at Level 257!

By Tech257

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0772 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170222_132105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170222_131059 (resized).jpg
dialed in (resized).jpg
Stern (resized).JPG
help_ (resized).JPG
IMG_0294 (resized).JPG
IMG_0293 (resized).JPG
1i3ic7 (resized).jpg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0409 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
117ddfd97778a821dfc73584367b1e7967519bb1 (resized).jpg
ff0a39052a343bf2991e510a08c56f1bf3cb53ab (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 2 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

My wife and I went to Level 257 this morning and got in 90 minutes of uninterrupted play on DI. WOW! It blew us both away with the fun factor. Great sound, light show, holographic effects, the shots are fun and the concept is beautifully conceived and executed. I shot some short clips on my iPhone but have no idea how to post them. Can anyone provide some dumbed down instructions?

Great work! You need to create a Youtube acccount, upload your videos there and then give us a link to your videos.

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

hmmm.. starting to wear around the magnet again.

Looks like they are testing it out with a mylar circle over the area, I think I can see the edge of the mylar just beneath the eyeball. Looking more closely, it seems that the mylar has already worn through on one side of the magnet.

#303 2 years ago

My wife and I went to Level 257 this morning and got in 90 minutes of uninterrupted play on DI. WOW! It blew us both away with the fun factor. Great sound, light show, holographic effects, the shots are fun and the concept is beautifully conceived and executed. I shot some short clips on my iPhone but have no idea how to post them. Can anyone provide some dumbed down instructions?

1. Tap on the Photos App on your iPhone or iPad
2. Next, tap on the Videos Folder or any other folder where the Video that you want to upload to YouTube is located.
3. Select the Video that you want to upload to YouTube by tapping on it.
4. Next, tap on the up Arrow shaped Share icon, from the bottom left corner of your screen
5. You will see a Share Menu providing you with multiple options to share the Video.
6. Tap on YouTube. Scroll through the options or tap on More in case you do not see YouTube right away.

Note: You may be asked to login to your Google Account in case you are not already logged in.

7. On the next screen, you need to provide a Title for the video, provide a brief Description, choose the Video Category (Comedy, How-to, etc and choose whether you want to make the video Public, Private or Unlisted from YouTube Privacy Options.

8. Once you are done with step 7, tap on Publish from the top right corner of your screen.

After its uploaded copy the link and share it here

Make sure you are on WiFi when you do it to increase the resolution and not chew into your data plan

#304 2 years ago

Already worn through the mylar and that damaged in such a short period of time?

Might just be the action and force of that magnet and nothing can be done about it.

I'm sure the much larger magnet on Stern pins helps alleviate some of that issue.

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Already worn through the mylar and that damaged in such a short period of time?

No idea if it has mylar on it. And most likely another test game from their Chicago office swapped in. So same wear is likely. I'm sure they are working on it.

LTG : )

#306 2 years ago

It definitely looks mylared, but who knows if it was applied before or after wear started to show? It might have been put on right as it was put on location, and that wear could have been present from playing in the office. We also have no idea what kind of clearcoat it has. It doesn't inspire confidence, but it's too much of an unknown to make any conclusions.

#307 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And most likely another test game from their Chicago office swapped in.

Is that a Micro PF regardless of whether its a test game or not?

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

At the risk of saying yet ANOTHER stupid thing tonight... isn't the magnet completely hidden by the drone in that pic?

Yeah it's a delivery drone and it's supposed to look like it's delivering your ball.

#309 2 years ago

Thanks FalconPunch, but I can't seem to get past Category. No choices pop up and I can't enter or skip it. The Publish never lights up to be tapped.

#310 2 years ago

The Category selections are loaded live from YouTube. Once loaded will default to "Comedy" and behave like any other pick list. If nothing is coming up then there may be a connectivity issue to YouTube from where your connected at. I know for me (currently in a basement with no wifi) it takes a few moments for the category list to populate but edventually does.

#311 2 years ago

Hope you get these videos uploaded...would love to see them!

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Hope you get these videos uploaded...would love to see them!

Yeah, c'mon txstargazer, you can do it!

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is that a Micro PF regardless of whether its a test game or not?

No.

#314 2 years ago

Getting nowhere with these 3 videos. I'm willing to email them to someone if you are interested in posting them for the group. Sorry. Just PM me.

#315 2 years ago

Getting nowhere with these 3 videos. I'm willing to email them to someone if you are interested in posting them for the group. Sorry. Just PM me.

No problem, PM sent.

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

There you go. Hopefully problem solved then

#317 2 years ago

I'm going to be in the Western Suburbs next week and will definitely be making the drive to play DI, can't wait!

#318 2 years ago

Here's 5 vids from last night fellas (2-23-17)

There is Mylar over the magnet area and is hard to see because of the drone looking from the top.

Just remember who spent the time to take vids for you fellas. LOL

Have a great weekend!

Pincades Chicago Land JJP Dist.
JT

#319 2 years ago

Thanks again for the videos, the game is groundbreaking. Amazing lightshows, call-outs and LCD interaction (all 3 of them), looks like so much fun.

#320 2 years ago

Great videos! Thanks for taking the time.....so glad I'm in on this one!!

#321 2 years ago

First good videos I've seen. Thanks for doing this. Looking forward to playing this.

#322 2 years ago

Still looks like it is very much lacking on the screen integration; still lots of just the city for animations and not too much else; wish it would not be the city all the time

#323 2 years ago

Sending in my deposit today for a Standard. JJP is definitely taking pinball to the next level. That Ghostbusters next to Dialed In looks like it is straight out of 1987 compared to DI.

#324 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptMonkeyPants:

Sending in my deposit today for a Standard. JJP is definitely taking pinball to the next level. That Ghostbusters next to Dialed In looks like it is straight out of 1987 compared to DI.

I agree, they are really making great use of the hologram and back box screen with this machine.

#325 2 years ago

I only had time to watch one of the videos one thing that one sees right away the graphics on the three lcd screens has come a long way. People game two was brought in 72 hours ago stop making excuses for the magnet

#326 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I only had time to watch one of the videos one thing that one sees right away the graphics on the three lcd screens has come a long way. People game two was brought in 72 hours ago stop making excuses for the magnet

Ya the magnet is still a little odd how quick it showed wear. So far im still in though! This game looks sweet! Nothing a cliffy cant fix!

#327 2 years ago

Callouts not so good.

#328 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Here's 5 vids from last night fellas (2-23-17)
There is Mylar over the magnet area and is hard to see because of the drone looking from the top.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
Just remember who spent the time to take vids for you fellas. LOL
Have a great weekend!
Pincades Chicago Land JJP Dist.
JT

Thanks for posting!

#329 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Still looks like it is very much lacking on the screen integration; still lots of just the city for animations and not too much else; wish it would not be the city all the time

I thought the opposite. I love the screen integration. Panning across the city for different disasters and events is really original and a fun way to watch things unfold.

Pair that with the light show and this looks like a lot of fun.

#330 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

More excuses just to make you happy but who knows where the game was before and Lloyd said it is not a mirco PF (JJPs supplier). It is not like WOZ and TH don't have magnets. They have done just fine.

The game is really shaping up. I'm trying to decide what to sell now to get one....

#331 2 years ago

More discussion about Magic Girl than these new videos

#332 2 years ago

Great video. Watched them all. Call outs are non existent but I'm sure will evolve with that crew.

It has ZERO to do with anything like the PF and magnet issues. And it looks like a lot of fun to play. I won't own it only because i really don't like the theme and it costs too much. Love to play it many times

Different theme for me? Absolutely. And this isn't a knock on people that like the theme. If you do, pin looks great!

#333 2 years ago

It does look like a helluva lot of fun! I'm still undecided but have not had a chance to play yet, that will likely change things. Might also wait to see what the next game is before deciding but I for sure see another new JJP game in my future. The only other machine being made today that comes close to being as intriguing to me is Alien.

#334 2 years ago

Just did my taxes and getting back over $11k. Earmarking that money for this pin. Of course, will not hand over any cash until ready to ship.

#335 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Just did my taxes and getting back over $11k.

I need your accountant.

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I need your accountant.

My wife and I both claimed zero, so they took out a bunch each paycheck. Bought a house in January and refinanced in October. The dreaded Alternative min tax didn't hit us as hard as I thought it would. ($4k less because of it). Marriage penalty really stings though.

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

More discussion about Magic Girl than these new videos

Videos are cool... though there are only three of them, not five (a couple got added to the post twice).

Looking forward to playing one of these at TPF, if there's not one at Louisville next week.

#338 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Call outs are non existent but I'm sure will evolve with that crew.

my one and only thing I thus far dont like much with Woz and TH is the completely lack of worthwhile callouts to help the player. I hope DI has a few at the right times. It is just me personally and I know on location it is tough to hear anyway, but I like the verbal cues of what to shoot for on these complexly coded games.

#339 2 years ago

The flashing insert makes it pretty obvious I thought.

And in some hobbit modes gandolf talks you through it.

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Videos are cool... though there are only three of them, not five (a couple got added to the post twice).
Looking forward to playing one of these at TPF, if there's not one at Louisville next week.

Louisville will have a DI. I believe there will be two but one for sure.

#341 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

my one and only thing I thus far dont like much with Woz and TH is the completely lack of worthwhile callouts to help the player. I hope DI has a few at the right times. It is just me personally and I know on location it is tough to hear anyway, but I like the verbal cues of what to shoot for on these complexly coded games.

Lack of callouts in WOZ?? "Shoot the ramp", "Shoot for the Throne Room", "Shoot the blinking lights, if you can", "Shoot for the castle"......

#342 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Woz is way better than TH in that regard. "Shoot the Castle", "Shoot the Throne Room" and the tornado callout are helpful to new players. There are others.

#343 2 years ago

I agree WOZ callouts are awesome and plentiful. Plus every callout has several variations keeping it interesting.

Now some call outs in WOZ do require knowing the story context ie "bring me that girl and her little dog" (although changed slightly) means the winged monkey is ready to fly down and capture your ball. While it doesn't specify say "shoot the orbit to so that the money with a magpnet aperatus can place your ball in the castle lock in preperation for rescue dorthoy multiball" I think its clear enough and keeps you in the story that way. Plus the monkey target has a giant flashing arrow over it.

#344 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think WOZ has some great callouts, but totally agree with you that Hobbit leaves me scratching my head and needs callouts!!!!!!!

#345 2 years ago

Just picked up a THLE this week and have only put 20 games on it. Have noticed only 2 different callouts so far, can't remember what they were, but agreed it could use many more with so much action going on in this game. Especially during multiball with all hell breaking loose you have zero time to even glance up.

#346 2 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Lloyd said it is not a mirco PF (JJPs supplier)

I don't get that I hear people say how great it is JJP test there games and how Stern should do the same. Then when something go's wrong they say well that does not count because fill in the blank JJP either test the games or he does not.If he does not build the test games to JJP standards the test is pointless

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I think WOZ has some great callouts, but totally agree with you that Hobbit leaves me scratching my head and needs callouts!!!!!!!

Yeah, my comment was moreso in reference to TH. Woz does have some callouts to help the player along, but as others have said you still need the context of the storyline I think.

On TH I have found unless you are playing with a spotter it is very hard to learn what is going on or where to go next.

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I don't get that I hear people say how great it is JJP test there games and how Stern should do the same. Then when something go's wrong they say well that does not count because fill in the blank JJP either test the games or he does not.If he does not build the test games to JJP standards the test is pointless

I don't think anyone said it doesn't matter. Also, why not underspec a prototype? First off no need to pay marco for all the expense of tooling up for a few playfieds when the design could likey change from test results. Second if your using say a non cleared or lightly cleared inkjet printed playfield it will show you your wear areas long before an actual playfield would allowinf you to find the flaw earlier and test improvements faster.

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The point of the test isn't to test playfield durability. It's to make sure they eliminate problems with mechs, ball hangups, to find as many software bugs as possible, and to stress test the electronic components. The playfield process isn't going to change, so they don't bother using an A-grade playfield for testing in most cases. One all the other stuff is finalized, they're good to go in production with full production quality components.

#350 2 years ago

Videos look great, I'm super excited for this one to come out!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,000.00
$ 50.00
$ 49.00
$ 189.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
7,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cumberland, RI
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside