(Topic ID: 174278)

Dialed In now available to play on location at Level 257!

By Tech257

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0772 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170222_132105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170222_131059 (resized).jpg
dialed in (resized).jpg
Stern (resized).JPG
help_ (resized).JPG
IMG_0294 (resized).JPG
IMG_0293 (resized).JPG
1i3ic7 (resized).jpg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0409 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
117ddfd97778a821dfc73584367b1e7967519bb1 (resized).jpg
ff0a39052a343bf2991e510a08c56f1bf3cb53ab (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 7 years ago

I wonder if they are going to add some intro animations to set the scene and outline the basic story when you hit the start button? Even some stills from the comic book would help introduce the theme to new players.

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have some of the same problems you do with Stern Panzer.
I defended you many times if you recall on "toy gate"!
You can't give one guy a pass while slamming another one, you know better.
That said, based on the lack of commentary in the DI threads I'm not sure many people even care. Yes of course there are some and once it gets out there and Keith does his thing it could be great.
I dropped out of Hobbit for a different reason, couldn't take the delay again after Woz, and I was fully paid.
As a huge fan of Lawlor I was expecting to buy this pin, theme alone nixed it for me. Nothing else.
I'm gonna continue to point out the BS though.

Lol, yeah. I do hope that any issues are resolved before Dialed In ships. If production games are chipping around the magnet I'll be complaining. These prices from all manufacturers are tough to stomach but it really sucks when they cost and ton and have issues.

I honestly think its best to wait until the second or even third batch of games before purchasing a new pin. It seems like every pin being made today is shipping with some type of issue. JJP isn't excluded as early WOZ's had light board issues and the Hobbit needed several fixes as well on early games.

#254 7 years ago

I might have to make a road trip to check this new pin out. I was skeptical about "Dialed In" during the reveal, but the more video I see of it the more interesting it looks. Just added it to my wish list. Does anyone know what the anticipated release date is for this pin?

#255 7 years ago

Just watched some of the videos - You can tell it's a JJP pin from the style of the animations and such, and boy does that game look fun. Gawd, the price though...

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As a huge fan of Lawlor I was expecting to buy this pin, theme alone nixed it for me. Nothing else.

100% agree - though some solid gameplay videos could sway me - maybe

#257 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Does anyone know what the anticipated release date is for this pin?

Jack has said 2nd quarter.

#258 7 years ago

Jamaster10 Thanks a lot for the videos!

#259 7 years ago

One thing I liked in the new videos is that they really scaled back the phone ringing when the scoop is lit for multiball. It's a much less grating sound, and it stops after four rings. (1:45 in the second video.)

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

jamaster10 Thanks a lot for the videos!

No Problem
Hey just remember what dist. took the vids for you guys LOL

Pincades
Chicago land JJP Dist.

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from Veloso:

One thing I liked in the new videos is that they really scaled back the phone ringing when the scoop is lit for multiball. It's a much less grating sound, and it stops after four rings. (1:45 in the second video.)

Yeah, I noticed that too; seemed like a positive fix!

#262 7 years ago

The official Dialed in twitter account just tweeted that they are swapping out Dialed In's at Level 257 with updated code.

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

The official Dialed in twitter account just tweeted that they are swapping out Dialed In's at Level 257 with updated code.

Huh, wonder if they know the legs come off pinball machines...

dialed in (resized).jpgdialed in (resized).jpg

#264 7 years ago

So, looks like they swapped in a whole new machine. I wonder if it has a new iteration of the playfield with a different magnet setup to try and prevent the wear?

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Well let's face it, you aren't exactly "playing" your B66....you know, the one that was a disaster NIB? Biased opinions?

I'm playing it now and it kicks ass.

Physical replacement pin on the way to update code?

I'm looking forward to the new everything to see if it holds up.

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm playing it now and it kicks ass.

Ok. Time to ease up on whatever you're smoking.

#267 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Ok. Time to ease up on whatever you're smoking.

It really does. Smoking nada. Just loving how it flips

Driver of that truck is smoking something. Looks cloudy and rainy. Wtf!

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Ive never transported a machine that way but what is wrong with that? Not like the legs are going to break and if you tie it down its not going to fall out

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Ive never transported a machine that way but what is wrong with that? Not like the legs are going to break and if you tie it down its not going to fall out

My guess is that hitting any type of bump could cause this machine to jump, and potentially cause a bunch of damage?

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It really does. Smoking nada. Just loving how it flips
Driver of that truck is smoking something. Looks cloudy and rainy. Wtf!

IDK, but the one I played flipped poorly with very little code.

#271 7 years ago

I've transported games like that before... but in those cases they project machines I didn't yet care about and in one of the cases the leg bolts were frozen so and I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time unbolting them while the little old lady waited. Still drove extra slow and was worried the whole time that a big bump in the road would snap a tie sending the game into the car behind me.

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

My guess is that hitting any type of bump could cause this machine to jump, and potentially cause a bunch of damage?

Maybe. Pinball machines are pretty tough though. Just sold a totan and the shippimg company told the buyer they will only insure it if he wants it shipped with the legs on. They had a box truck though so he could wrap it up and tie it to the wall

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Maybe. Pinball machines are pretty tough though. Just sold a totan and the shippimg company told the buyer they will only insure it if he wants it shipped with the legs on. They had a box truck though so he could wrap it up and tie it to the wall

Oh yeah, a box truck is a whole different ball game. The one time I used one, I kept legs on, simply because it was so much quicker and easier when using a pin dolly. Strapped to the walls and wrapped in blankets I did not have any worries. Still it was a relatively local drive.

#274 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Maybe they want to test the durability of the new cabinet design.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

IDK, but the one I played flipped poorly with very little code.

Yeah, that's Batman '66. Clunky and still running beta code. The code will improve dramatically with time, but it's going to be a rough shooter no matter what.

#276 7 years ago

Wow! The new machine at Level 257 is beautiful. New code is awesome - already nicely developed. Phone is very cool - very helpful with shots - rings very rarely and only a few times - not a bother at all. Disaster modes are very fun. New surfing mode has awesome music. Game is very quirky and a ton of fun.

This game is going to be freaking awesome!!!!!

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

Wow! The new machine at Level 257 is beautiful. New code is awesome - already nicely developed. Phone is very cool - very helpful with shots - rings very rarely and only a few times - not a bother at all. Disaster modes are very fun. New surfing mode has awesome music. Game is very quirky and a ton of fun.
This game is going to be freaking awesome!!!!!

What does the magnet area look like now?

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

For the record, operators move games around ALL THE TIME with the legs on and the head down. This is totally normal. Not everyone treats games like delicate flowers and worries about shooter lane wear.

Everything I've heard says the game gets better and better with each code update. Looking forward to playing one.

#279 7 years ago

Obligatory plea for gameplay video of new code.

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

What does the magnet area look like now?

I didn't look very closely at the magnet to see if anything was changed but it is a new playfield - looks generally the same although I don't remember what the original looked like - last time I played it was before any wear was discussed here.

Lots of new callouts from the virtual assistant on the phone

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

For the record, operators move games around ALL THE TIME with the legs on and the head down. This is totally normal. Not everyone treats games like delicate flowers and worries about shooter lane wear.
Everything I've heard says the game gets better and better with each code update. Looking forward to playing one.

Two straps for a million dollar prototype game, if you say so.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If you are looking for SJW outrage, then you should be more focused on the person that took the photo while driving a car (assuming they are the driver of course).

That game is safely double strapped with padding between head and rails, and going less than 5 miles down the road.

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Thats what i thought. Everyone was gasping! Ooohhh the horror!!!!! That guy must be drunk!!!!!

#284 7 years ago

I'm really impressed with how much more is going on with the hologram in the theater.

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I'm really impressed with how much more is going on with the hologram in the theater.

video please!

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I agree. The animations in the theatre are amazing. Really the best holograms I've ever seen. The screen is so clear. Not to compare it to GB but this is in a different league.

#287 7 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I agree. The animations in the theatre are amazing. Really the best holograms I've ever seen. The screen is so clear. Not to compare it to GB but this is in a different league.

Interesting. The expo and early level. 257 iteration I played seemed exactly like the ghostbusters goggles. I'm curious how it's different.

#288 7 years ago

I've always found the images in the goggles hard to see on GB.

Extremely clear on the version I played today - really stood out to me

#289 7 years ago

Ill try to get some video in next few days!

#290 7 years ago

What is the code version number up to?

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

The obvious comparison is the goggles, but like you said, not even close! I have a suspicion we will see holograms in pins from now on after what JJP has done.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Interesting. The expo and early level. 257 iteration I played seemed exactly like the ghostbusters goggles. I'm curious how it's different.

If memory serves, at expo there was the purple spider, a green diamond, and a box that appeared in the theater. Now there are sub way tunnels and trains. It really is integrated perfectly into the theme with the city!

#293 7 years ago

I chopped the gif up poorly but enjoy new status info. Obligatory magnet pic as well.

https://goo.gl/photos/z89E8cE4gieAsAPKA

IMG_20170222_132105 (resized).jpgIMG_20170222_132105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170222_131059 (resized).jpgIMG_20170222_131059 (resized).jpg

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

Obligatory magnet pic as well.

Great, I can't see any wear there at all!

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

I chopped the gif up poorly but enjoy new status info. Obligatory magnet pic as well.

Album is empty?

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I don't think it's anywhere near a million dollar game, especially with a beat to shit playfield. That's already a beated routed machine. 4k tops.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

At the risk of saying yet ANOTHER stupid thing tonight... isn't the magnet completely hidden by the drone in that pic?

#298 7 years ago

Here's the magnet. Photo taken this morning.

IMG_0772 (resized).JPGIMG_0772 (resized).JPG

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Here's the magnet. Photo taken this morning.

hmmm.. starting to wear around the magnet again.

#300 7 years ago

My wife and I went to Level 257 this morning and got in 90 minutes of uninterrupted play on DI. WOW! It blew us both away with the fun factor. Great sound, light show, holographic effects, the shots are fun and the concept is beautifully conceived and executed. I shot some short clips on my iPhone but have no idea how to post them. Can anyone provide some dumbed down instructions?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-now-available-to-play-on-location-at-level-257/page/6?hl=veloso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.