(Topic ID: 174278)

Dialed In now available to play on location at Level 257!

By Tech257

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0772 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170222_132105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170222_131059 (resized).jpg
dialed in (resized).jpg
Stern (resized).JPG
help_ (resized).JPG
IMG_0294 (resized).JPG
IMG_0293 (resized).JPG
1i3ic7 (resized).jpg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0409 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
117ddfd97778a821dfc73584367b1e7967519bb1 (resized).jpg
ff0a39052a343bf2991e510a08c56f1bf3cb53ab (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG
There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 7 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Wow.. how does it get THAT BAD!

normal wear and tear. 1000's of plays makes most games that have features like that, look like shit. Should see how the magnets look on TZ that have been on route. TZ take a little longer, because the magnets are not used as easy or often. You have to start spiral to activate it, where on games like IM and DI, they are on just for shooting that area. Big difference in frequency of use.

1 week later
#202 7 years ago

There is a rumor (not from my son Christian) that Jesse Trueblood was at Level 257 tonight logging time on Dialed In, but that has yet to be confirmed.

Brad

#203 7 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

There is a rumor (not from my son Christian) that Jesse Trueblood was at Level 257 tonight logging time on Dialed In, but that has yet to be confirmed.
Brad

Confirmed... still waiting on that video he promised...

#204 7 years ago

no time this am
will get them up later

#205 7 years ago

Was there on Sunday. Only played two games on Dialed In- a lot of the switches weren't responding. Bummed. Techs we working on it when I left though.

IMG_0293 (resized).JPGIMG_0293 (resized).JPG

IMG_0294 (resized).JPGIMG_0294 (resized).JPG

#206 7 years ago

I LOL how everyone that goes there takes a photo of the magnet core now.

Too bad we dont have total game plays for each photo.

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Tech was in it and menu was up. They could have gotten that picture.

#208 7 years ago

he said it has 2800 paid for plays on it. Not including freebies, or employee tests and what not.

#209 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

he said it has 2800 paid for plays on it. Not including freebies, or employee tests and what not.

Codes been getting updated on this particular di tho right?

#210 7 years ago

Wow. 2800 plays not that much.

Switches not registering. PF must have been borrowed from Stern

#211 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who knows how many free plays, though? Probably close to at least that many free from taking it to show off at the reveal and elsewhere before it landed here.

#212 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Who knows how many free plays, though? Probably close to at least that many free from taking it to show off at the reveal and elsewhere before it landed here.

Yes this pin has a ton of plays that were free .

#213 7 years ago

Isn't it 2,800 plays since the last update? Could be many more in total.

#214 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Isn't it 2,800 plays since the last update? Could be many more in total.

I was just told 2800 plays since the last update!!!! That is crazy!

Add on the shows it has been to, plus the time prior to the 257 update. That 10k plays I was told before must be real.

#215 7 years ago

I put my 10 plays on that machine last week. As a first time playing DI I have to say I was disappointed. I will reserve judgement until I get more plays under my belt but I wasn't feeling it. I couldn't find a rhythm.

Having that said, it was playing fine last week. The wear around the magnet was the only noticeable wear, the flippers were still snappy, and I didn't notice any switches not working.

#216 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man you are not a fan of dialed in. I figured that out after the first couple negative posts.

If you like a game you seem to find excuses to make it seem awesome no matter what goes wrong. And if you dont like it you seem to jump on every negative thing that turn up with it.

#217 7 years ago

Does JJP have a more concrete timeframe for shipping beginning on this machine yet? They said 2 Qtr originally, I think, but I always inferred that was more June than April.

#218 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

you mean borrowed from Bally/williams. I think it takes about 2800 plays for shadow to wear through the sanctum.

I was just told 2800 plays when I asked. Not sure if they reset with every update,so real numbers are hard to know, unless there is log book before each update. Or JJP games don't reset.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Man you are not a fan of dialed in. I figured that out after the first couple negative posts.
If you like a game you seem to find excuses to make it seem awesome no matter what goes wrong. And if you dont like it you seem to jump on every negative thing that turn up with it.

Some people have to be right and/or have other people agreeing with them. My mother is like that and I learned a long time ago to just smile and nod and wait for her to quiet down.

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

I couldn't find a rhythm.

I'm not good enough to get into the zone with this pinball yet... But I did get to play a couple of games with Steve Bowden at expo and wow. The combos he was getting where so satisfying and I wasn't even playing.

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A playfield should not look like that after 28,000 play let alone 2800

#222 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Yup, thankfully this is a test game and JJP can learn from what is occurring on it.

#223 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

should I link more photos ad nauseum of Stern pfs with under 200 plays that are in some cases falling apart? production pfs at that.

We understand your continually guzzling of Stern, but you just look silly when you always neglect to acknowledge this is a P R O T O T Y P E game where they are monitoring and adjusting. It has 10k plus plays on it now with 2800 since the most recent code update.

This game has been built prior to expo, went to expo and other shows, and has been on active route at 257 in between shows and since. Basically 120 days of hard play. Averaging 80 plays per day or 4 hours of play time per day since being on route (seems both likely and reasonable; also as someone that puts my personal machines on route I would be stoked to have any game that has bascially half paid for itself in 4 months.) The game is actually holding up EXTREMELY well given those number of constant plays and that it is a P R O T O T Y P E.

#224 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

That's not a production playfield nor production parts. Test parts are just that...test. I know it's weird for people to understand because Stern doesn't do location testing anymore, but that's the process, and JJP is at least doing it right.

#225 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's not a production playfield nor production parts. Test parts are just that...test. I know it's weird for people to understand because Stern doesn't do location testing anymore, but that's the process, and JJP is at least doing it right.

You say this is a test game that they put out with sub standard game parts so how does this test what will happen to there games

#226 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

You say this is a test game that they put out with sub standard game parts so how does this test what will happen to there games

Not "substandard" parts, TEST parts (which are often one-offs and sometimes hand made). The test location is designed to TEST shot flow, parts durability, parts function, etc in the real world. It's the way it USED to be done. The RIGHT way, instead of having customers do a live, ongoing beta test like Stern does now.

#227 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

should I link more photos ad nauseum of Stern pfs with under 200 plays that are in some cases falling apart? production pfs at that.
We understand your continually guzzling of Stern, but you just look silly when you always neglect to acknowledge this is a P R O T O T Y P E game where they are monitoring and adjusting. It has 10k plus plays on it now with 2800 since the most recent code update.
This game has been built prior to expo, went to expo and other shows, and has been on active route at 257 in between shows and since. Basically 120 days of hard play. Averaging 80 plays per day or 4 hours of play time per day since being on route (seems both likely and reasonable; also as someone that puts my personal machines on route I would be stoked to have any game that has bascially half paid for itself in 4 months.) The game is actually holding up EXTREMELY well given those number of constant plays and that it is a P R O T O T Y P E.

You will never hear me making excuses for playfield chipping on a Stern game dimples yes chipping no

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

TEST shot flow, parts durability,

#229 7 years ago

Still looking for new video of new code my biggest gripe on the game at expo was the screen really did nothing and did not get you into the game was like a stagnant image most of the time

#230 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Still looking for new video of new code my biggest gripe on the game at expo was the screen really did nothing and did not get you into the game was like a stagnant image most of the time

I'm sure it does more by now, but even at expo it was dynamically animated to action on the playfield. Different shots/targets force things to happen on the display (like the train, or pops on the roof) and all the modes had specific animation in the city. I thought it was a pretty cool idea, since they don't have movie clips to constantly show or something like that.

#231 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm sure it does more by now, but even at expo it was dynamically animated to action on the playfield. Different shots/targets force things to happen on the display (like the train, or pops on the roof) and all the modes had specific animation in the city. I thought it was a pretty cool idea, since they don't have movie clips to constantly show or something like that.

I know that and saw that but it was still always the same stagnant background image and thought were hobbit shines with the display effects; dialed in fell flat on its face with them; so hoping for a dramatic change here with the new code, because games shoots very good

#232 7 years ago

Yeah yeah, the whole non stop whine and cry about how JJP is the gold standard on quality is an absolute F in g joke. That's my point

Has ZERO to do with DI itself, because I haven't actually played the pin, and unlike a lot of you I can form an objective opinion

So down vote that

#233 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I looked on youtube the other day Buffalo Pinball put out a video 3 months back that tells a lot.Youtube has some 2 month old videos that you notice additions to the graphics in the lcd screen other then that you will have to watch the poor short videos over and over to figure out if there has been rule chang

#234 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah yeah, the whole non stop whine and cry about how JJP is the gold standard on quality is an absolute F in g joke. That's my point
Has ZERO to do with DI itself, because I haven't actually played the pin, and unlike a lot of you I can form an objective opinion
So down vote that

I think JJP is offering the best quality, value and code support out of all the current manufacturers. Have they had issues? Yes. Did they resolve them? Yes. Are they having crazy playfield issues and communicate poorly about issues? No.

I'm just glad that JJP is not releasing games with playfields that chip and resemble the surface of the moon after only a couple hundred plays.

#235 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think JJP is offering the best quality, value and code support out of all the current manufacturers. Have they had issues? Yes. Did they resolve them? Yes. Are they having crazy playfield issues and communicate poorly about issues? No.
I'm just glad that JJP is not releasing games with playfields that chip and resemble the surface of the moon after only a couple hundred plays.

I think you are wrong of course and as usual you have a biased opinion.

Since I own both, I don't have a bias.

Are you glad that once again Jack misrepresented not taking pre orders? When is this pin shipping?

You've heard the inconvenient truths from ops and yet you still have blinders on and zero ability to be objective

But I forget, you can predict the future and you know for a fact what's going to happen

And I actually have fun playing all of my pins, I don't stand around with a magnifying glass and count dimples on my Woz or anything else

#236 7 years ago

Btw, for those of you who that get your feelings hurt about some reality and criticism re JJP, come on over to the BM66 impression thread and dump on it like Panzer did over and over amongst many others, maybe that will make you feel better too, justification?

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is that black mass a magnet?
I am messing..
I rather have a broken JJP pinball than a working Stern.
They are just super cool

#238 7 years ago

I'm sure JJP sees how much ware is around the magnet and will take the proper precautions to remedy it for production. I can't imagine they want to mass produce something that would ware that fast.

#239 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I'm sure JJP sees how much ware is around the magnet and will take the proper precautions to remedy it for production. I can't imagine they want to mass produce something that would ware that fast.

Agreed... a simple cheap price of mylar will fix this issue. It needs it bc of all the action it produces...

#240 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Agreed... a simple cheap price of mylar will fix this issue. It needs it bc of all the action it produces...

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think you are wrong of course and as usual you have a biased opinion.
Since I own both, I don't have a bias.
Are you glad that once again Jack misrepresented not taking pre orders? When is this pin shipping?
You've heard the inconvenient truths from ops and yet you still have blinders on and zero ability to be objective
But I forget, you can predict the future and you know for a fact what's going to happen
And I actually have fun playing all of my pins, I don't stand around with a magnifying glass and count dimples on my Woz or anything else

Well let's face it, you aren't exactly "playing" your B66....you know, the one that was a disaster NIB? Biased opinions? Get a grip, you come into JJP threads throwing your negativity around and say "I own both so I'm objective". It's a joke. The majority want both companies to do great while fixing the issues they do have, but your incessant trolling from thread to thread is quite lame and becoming pretty pathetic.

#242 7 years ago

For the holy love of god can the next person that plays this pin please record a gameplay video of the new code instead of taking a picture of the magnet!

#243 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The point is these are the kinds of issues that a test machine turns up. I'd be shocked to learn that they didn't fix the playfield magnet/clearcoat issue for the mass release of the game.

#244 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw, for those of you who that get your feelings hurt about some reality and criticism re JJP, come on over to the BM66 impression thread and dump on it like Panzer did over and over amongst many others, maybe that will make you feel better too, justification?

It's an impression thread... I don't post in owner threads / members only threads if I don't own the game. If I have in the past I apologize as I don't think it's cool to post negative comments, or at all, in those threads as they are intended for owners.

My impression of Batman 66 is that I think the game is overpriced for what's being offered, the severe dimpling on some games is ridiculous (as is Stern's handling of playfield issues), and that the whole Super LE concept and video application to buy one leaves bad taste in my mouth. The game looks cool, it's just too bad that Stern decided to jack up the prices for this one and is continuing to ship games with quality issues.

To your other post about me being biased towards JJP I currently own a Star Trek Pro (great game) and bought a NIB ACDC Premium and Metallica in the past. I don't have a problem with quality of any of those games. I do have a problem with Stern taking forever with code updates, stripping out features, and not communicating well about playfield issues all while having the nerve to keep raising prices.

Here's my post from the impression thread.

Stern (resized).JPGStern (resized).JPG
Here's the post I did make in a Batman 66 club thread. My mistake, I was just trying to offer someone advice regarding preventing wear around magnets.

help_ (resized).JPGhelp_ (resized).JPG

#245 7 years ago

Just alittle game play for you guys.
I will post another and also will add some after the weekend
Pincades
JT

#246 7 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Well let's face it, you aren't exactly "playing" your B66....you know, the one that was a disaster NIB? Biased opinions? Get a grip, you come into JJP threads throwing your negativity around and say "I own both so I'm objective". It's a joke. The majority want both companies to do great while fixing the issues they do have, but your incessant trolling from thread to thread is quite lame and becoming pretty pathetic.

Go back 5-6 yrs ago and read the JJP threads

I want all companies to be great because I love pinball

I'm tired of the non stop Stern bashing as if they are complete garbage while touting JJP as being the great pillars of honesty, quality and greatness

Hang around a while, you'll get it

#247 7 years ago

Code up date is supposed to be this weekend.
Pincades
Chicagoland JJP Dist.

#248 7 years ago

I have some of the same problems you do with Stern Panzer.

I defended you many times if you recall on "toy gate"!

You can't give one guy a pass while slamming another one, you know better.

That said, based on the lack of commentary in the DI threads I'm not sure many people even care. Yes of course there are some and once it gets out there and Keith does his thing it could be great.

I dropped out of Hobbit for a different reason, couldn't take the delay again after Woz, and I was fully paid.

As a huge fan of Lawlor I was expecting to buy this pin, theme alone nixed it for me. Nothing else.

I'm gonna continue to point out the BS though.

#249 7 years ago

Interesting to see how low this game scores, and how little emphasis goes into your scoring. It seems to highlight the adventure of the game and how far you progress instead. I like that.

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Just a little game play for you guys.
I will post another and also will add some after the weekend

Thankyou!

Lots of nice new details in that video. I love the drone dropping off the wooden crate which then drops down into the Einstein theatre. I also like how the train appears on the LCD as the ball is moving along the habitrails.

Looking forward to your next video.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-now-available-to-play-on-location-at-level-257/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.