(Topic ID: 174278)

Dialed In now available to play on location at Level 257!

By Tech257

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0772 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170222_132105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170222_131059 (resized).jpg
dialed in (resized).jpg
Stern (resized).JPG
help_ (resized).JPG
IMG_0294 (resized).JPG
IMG_0293 (resized).JPG
1i3ic7 (resized).jpg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0409 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
117ddfd97778a821dfc73584367b1e7967519bb1 (resized).jpg
ff0a39052a343bf2991e510a08c56f1bf3cb53ab (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

GB is a recent release. They tested the premiums new playfields at 257 before being sold to the public. I got one of the first premiums actually sold, and they had it at 257 for weeks.

That is nothing to do with pre-production testing ... and the Premium pfs are the same as LEs, which had already gone out.

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

That is nothing to do with pre-production testing ... and the Premium pfs are the same as LEs, which had already gone out.

yes but they were testing the new playfields for durability before they sent out the actual ones.

#153 2 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

I will route a DI once I see game times in the 2-2:30 time frame. I saw guys at expo play 20 minute games. Not much $ to be made on 20min games

Yeah, sorry about that. I guess I was hogging it. BM66 has similar long ball times. Both have very forgiving outlanes.

#154 2 years ago

Played it Sat night. About 20 games on it.
DI Played good, a lot more code compared to expo imo!
Defiantly lots of magnet wear. I was going to ask the audits, but there was no tech around!
Mechs were working properly.
It is drity! so its had lots of play. Had and seen some long ball times, and scores over a million!
Pincades
JT

#155 2 years ago

Does dialled in have story progression now. I. E. Can you collect sim cards yet to spell out 'dialed in

#156 2 years ago

Not sure how far code is now. But there seems to be a male actor narrating the game which differs from expo. It is a fun game and here are some pics I took. The shooter lane is doing good, scoop is okay, but yeah that magnet is not so great!

IMG_0407 (resized).JPG

IMG_0409 (resized).JPG

IMG_0408 (resized).JPG

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from TiltDis:

Not sure how far code is now. But there seems to be a male actor narrating the game which differs from expo. It is a fun game and here are some pics I took. The shooter lane is doing good, scoop is okay, but yeah that magnet is not so great!

Yep holding up well considering all the play and use of that magnet imo.... a ten cent piece mylar will eliminate that wear

#158 2 years ago

It would be great to get an updated play count from Level 257 at some point. The magnet wear doesn't concern me either, that's easily protected out of the box but I'm glad they chose to run it without protection so we can see how it holds up on its own.

#159 2 years ago

Scoop wear is not ok either.

Wtf. That PF is horrible.

Shooter lane doesn't match the rest of the disaster.

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Really? That's a tiny amount of wear given the amount of plays that pin has likely gotten. Only DI anywhere on location, it must be getting hammered 24/7. Sure there's wear around the magnet and a little at the scoop but these are high-traffic areas. JJP said already they are going to protect the magnet and a Cliffy or Mantis protector would take care of the scoop. No wear reported anywhere else on the playfield and the shooter lane looks pristine.

Would love some new video to see how the code has progressed.

#161 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Likely they made playfields for the prototypes. Mirco playfields like on Hobbit are yet to come.

LTG : )

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Shooter lane doesn't match the rest of the disaster.

With over 10,000 plays,i would say it is doing pretty damn good for a prototype.

#163 2 years ago

I definitely do not see any ghosting inserts or clear coat chipping at the shooter lane at all. Where's the huge crater like dimples at? I don't see any of those either. The magnet wear however, is to be expected without some type of protection and is identical to all other magnet wear I've seen on any other game with magnets, regardless of manufacturer.

#164 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

With over 10,000 plays,i would say it is doing pretty damn good for a prototype.

No way.

And NO WAY, 10k plays are on that. Where TF do you get that from?

The magnet is horrible.

If it's a Micro PF like Lloyd says, "to come" then no biggie

But you guys are F ing crazy if you think this is acceptable

#165 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No way.
And NO WAY, 10k plays are on that. Where TF do you get that from?
The magnet is horrible.

Assuming it is one of the first builds, that is the accurate #.

#166 2 years ago

Either way, I'm afraid DI is going to be a total sales disaster.

2017 will determine it right?

A $5200 Star Wars with an Lcd will destroy this.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Assuming it is one of the first builds, that is the accurate #.

Says who?

#168 2 years ago

Ice give it a rest my gosh it seems like every time I come across a post from you it's negative in some way looking to start an argument....do what you want just gets old in my book...

#169 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Do you remember the jjp lovers that had to bash stern in every stern thread? You've become that same broken record bashing on jjp.

The magnet wear is concerning but without knowing the number of plays you can't really say if it's a huge issue. The scoop has less wear then most modern stern scoops after 500 plays. This is also a test game so who knows we're this playfield was made and if it's to normal standards. Even if it is a normal playfield the whole point of it is to find these issues and fix them before production.

#170 2 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Ice give it a rest my gosh it seems like every time I come across a post from you it's negative in some way looking to start an argument....do what you want just gets old in my book...

NOT giving it a rest. YOU give it a rest.

It is what it is. The sycophants don't like it. Believe what you want to believe.

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Do you remember the jjp lovers that had to bash stern in every stern thread? You've become that same broken record bashing on jjp.
The magnet wear is concerning but without knowing the number of plays you can't really say if it's a huge issue. The scoop has less wear then most modern stern scoops after 500 plays. This is also a test game so who knows we're this playfield was made and if it's to normal standards. Even if it is a normal playfield the whole point of it is to find these issues and fix them before production.

Nope.

I have a Woz, several Stern's and several Bally pins.

The PF is shit. Which doesn't matter if Micro is actually shipping.

The sales of DI is going to be the issue.

When you can buy a $5200 Stern pro with Lcd, tell me how a $9k plus DI pin is gonna survive when JJP is already in the red big time?

Btw, compare factory's and what is going on.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nope.
When you can buy a $5200 Stern pro with Lcd, tell me how a $9k plus DI pin is gonna survive when JJP is already in the red big time?

You just blindly paid 10k for an LE from a company that's having a complete playfield debacle. Do you even think before you type half the time? You keep blabbing about $5200 pros. How many pros are you buying?

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You just blindly paid 10k for an LE from a company that's having a complete playfield debacle. Do you even think before you type half the time? You keep blabbing about $5200 pros. How many pros are you buying?

And it's arriving on Monday. So I actually have a pin. Unlike the mystery BS date that JJP throws out there.

TWDLE, GBLE and now BM66LE.

Keep babbling about your $9k plus DI

Let's see where the sales end up? What do you think.

And only a handful of people even really care about this pin release now.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And it's arriving on Monday.
TWDLE, GBLE and now BM66LE.
Keep babbling about your $9k plus DI
Let's see where the sales end up? What do you think.

Those are not pros. So why are you not buying these super valued $5200 pros that are going to bury jjp?

I think all of the games are way overpriced. I'm buying older stuff and letting you guys blow 100k on limited editions. I think dialed in will sell pretty good though. It's their best game buy a lot and they still found people that would pay 9500 for red woz and 9000 for a hobbit.

#175 2 years ago

Unfortunately jack has basically run his company almost into the ground twice now. Hopefully this will not be the third strike. But the odds are stacked against him.

Hopefully presales are better than the usual pinside suspects would suggest. But i have a bad feeling about this.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Those are not pros. So why are you not buying these super valued $5200 pros that are going to bury jjp?
I think all of the games are way overpriced. I'm buying older stuff and letting you guys blow 100k on limited editions. I think dialed in will sell pretty good though. It's their best game buy a lot and they still found people that would pay 9500 for red woz and 9000 for a hobbit.

I agree with the fact that ALL of these games are WAY overpriced! I'm paying it for what i like and its not JJP right now.

So the $5200 pro will sink them. The Red ruby and Hobbit $9k plus days are over. A DI at that price is a non starter and they know it.

Stern is going to crank out 3-5 more pins this year. It's gonna be an avalanche that crushes the higher overhead producers like JJP.

#177 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree with the fact that ALL of these games are WAY overpriced! I'm paying it for what i like and its not JJP right now.
So the $5200 pro will sink them. The Red ruby and Hobbit $9k plus days are over. A DI at that price is a non starter and they know it.

Are you sure those days are over? People are making videos begging for someone to take their 15k for a game. You just proved with your BM66 purchase that those days are likely just beginning. You know stern is looking to cash in again with Elvira. 29 years of Elvira plus 31 years of stern, plus another 20 SLEs because we can.

#178 2 years ago

JJP is clearly in a stronger position than they have ever been.

They have 2 lines producing WOZ and TH which are still selling.

Now they have a third game Dialed In which:
- is built on a completely redesigned and superior system
- has multiple (5) prototypes which they have had on test since October
- was designed and is still being tweaked by probably the best pinball designer ever
- has very playable code which is being updated regularly
- is almost universally loved by everyone who plays it
- has had very few issues (far less than WOZ and TH)
- and yet is not due for release for another couple of months.

Seriously, people should at least play Dialed In before they start predicting JJP's demise.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Nope.
Btw, compare factory's and what is going on.

Let be real here. Stern still is having playfield issues on B'66, and just had almost a YEAR of horrible PF issues with GB and whatever they re-ran during that time. Production JJP playfields KILL Stern in the quality department. And on shooting, I'll take what Dialed In has over the dead shot party of B'66 any day. Considering it's a thin reskin of BDK, it's astounding they didn't clean up the shot geometry basically at all. It's one dead shot after another, and keeping the ball on the left ramp is a chore I shouldn't have to think about. At least JJP is doing the tried and true method of TESTING their pins ON LOCATION well before release to work the bugs out. Those days seem to be gone at Stern.

And maybe a bottom tier Stern Star Wars will be great. But then again, who knows? If it shoots like BM'66 that ain't happening. We'll know when they're both out and people can judge which is more FUN, because that determines the keepers and the ones you send down the road.

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Let be real here. Stern still is having playfield issues on B'66, and just had almost a YEAR of horrible PF issues with GB and whatever they re-ran during that time. Production JJP playfields KILL Stern in the quality department. And on shooting, I'll take what Dialed In has over the dead shot party of B'66 any day. Considering it's a thin reskin of BDK, it's astounding they didn't clean up the shot geometry basically at all. It's one dead shot after another, and keeping the ball on the left ramp is a chore I shouldn't have to think about. At least JJP is doing the tried and true method of TESTING their pins ON LOCATION well before release to work the bugs out. Those days seem to be gone at Stern.
And maybe a bottom tier Stern Star Wars will be great. But then again, who knows? If it shoots like BM'66 that ain't happening. We'll know when they're both out and people can judge which is more FUN, because that determines the keepers and the ones you send down the road.

Well said. A year ago I was a Stern fanboy and bashing JJP. Still a big fan of Stern, but the last year they have disappointed me. Jack stepped it up with Dialed In and Stern laid an egg with Batman, GB issues, play fields. Still not sold on the Dialed in theme or artwork, but what's most important is how it shoots. It shoots great, Batman shoots like a defective zizzle.

#181 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well said. A year ago I was a Stern fanboy and bashing JJP. Still a big fan of Stern, but the last year they have disappointed me. Jack stepped it up with Dialed In and Stern laid an egg with Batman, GB issues, play fields. Still not sold on the Dialed in theme or artwork, but what's most important is how it shoots. It shoots great, Batman shoots like a defective zizzle.

I consider myself just a fan of good pinball, and will compliment or deride any manufacturer as warranted. There's good and bad with literally every pinball manufacturer, and as fans we just have to hope the good outweighs the bad in the long run.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Production JJP playfields KILL Stern in the quality department. And on shooting, I'll take what Dialed In has over the dead shot party of B'66 any day. Considering it's a thin reskin of BDK,

Not even remotely close to BDK reskin but i get the need to use that talking point in Stern bashing along with the PF issues they are having.

BM66 "shoots" great.

It's not the first time in their 30 year history and probably won't be the last.

As for the $9k plus pins I believe they sold 80 SLE's and 240 LE's.

I wonder how many DI's JJP expects to sell in the range of $8300-$9300 delivered?

The secondary market of Woz and Hobbits are $$$ losers for the Nib buyers. Same thing will apply to every $9k plus pin including Sterns.

While people continue to whine about pricing increases, Stern pinball is still the only place you can buy a pin for $5200.

There will also be plenty of chances to spend $8k plus on 2017 LE pins too, let's see how DI actually does sales wise IF it ever starts shipping in the first half of the year.

I too am a fan of all pinball.

#183 2 years ago

And since you brought it up.

"You know I'm buying those armor upgrades whenever/if possible!
Also- About 6-7 ppl saw and played my BM66LE for their very first time last night on the stream. Every single person enjoyed it, said it was beautiful, and confirmed it felt nothing at all like BDK. (No disrespect to BDK).
The sky's the limit with the code and the villains, gadgets, tvs, sub-villains, etc etc, hundreds of episodes of corny dialogue for clips and call outs. Makes me wet just thinking about it. Love knowing that it will for sure get done too."

#184 2 years ago

So Ice what were you drinking while posting last night?

#185 2 years ago
Quoted from clg:

So Ice what were you drinking while posting last night?

Haha. Yep. Little Karbach Hopadillo brewskies

How did you know

Excellent BM66 stream last night by GAP!

#186 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

A new Star Wars pin sounds amazing. A new Star Wars pin that lacks unique code, has playfield issues, has mechanical issues, doesn't feature substantial code updates, etc...doesn't.

I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan, it's my favorite movie of all time...but I won't drop $5k-$8k simply on theme alone. These crazy NIB prices need to be justified by quality, gameplay features, and regular substantial (not just bug fixes) code updates.

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A new Star Wars pin sounds amazing. A new Star Wars pin that lacks unique code, has playfield issues, has mechanical issues, doesn't feature substantial code updates, etc...doesn't.
I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan, it's my favorite movie of all time...but I won't drop $5k-$8k simply on theme alone. These crazy NIB prices need to be justified by quality, gameplay features, and regular substantial (not just bug fixes) code updates.

And yet Stern will sell thousands of Star Wars pins, along with the other releases scheduled for 2017. Because it's Ritchie, will have great code and is a fantastic theme. Simple as that

And GB is a great pin with excellent code and unique packed layout

If you want to justify paying $9k in YOUR mind for a JJP DI, that's on you, go for it

Thousands of people disagree with your reasoning when it comes to Stern, including me

#188 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And yet Stern will sell thousands of Star Wars pins, along with the other releases scheduled for 2017. Because it's Ritchie, will have great code and is a fantastic theme. Simple as that
And GB is a great pin with excellent code and unique packed layout
If you want to justify paying $9k in YOUR mind for a JJP DI, that's on you, go for it
Thousands of people disagree with your reasoning when it comes to Stern, including me

You are sure hitting that Stern kool-aid hard, lol.

1i3ic7 (resized).jpg

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BM66 "shoots" great.

Compared to WHAT? It has the most dead shots of any pin I've played in the last few years, at least. The left and right orbit shots are a rattle-y mess. Very hard to make a clean orbit shot, left or right, and that should be one of the easiest shots of all in a pin. Lazy Susan promotes dead shots, too. Left ramp has constant problems with the ball flying off the rails. It does not shoot great by any normal definition.

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Compared to WHAT? It has the most dead shots of any pin I've played in the last few years, at least. The left and right orbit shots are a rattle-y mess. Very hard to make a clean orbit shot, left or right, and that should be one of the easiest shots of all in a pin. Lazy Susan promotes dead shots, too. Left ramp has constant problems with the ball flying off the rails. It does not shoot great by any normal definition.

Compared to all the other pins I own and play all the time.

I heard the same BS with TWD early on

This pin will be special when it's done

Yes Panzer, I'm guzzling that kool aid! Tastes great

#191 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Compared to all the other pins I own and play all the time.
I heard the same BS with TWD early on
This pin will be special when it's done

I can buy that if you're talking about the software, but even with good software, the DESIGN geometry is just crap. You won't be able to fix the rattling left and right orbit shots and the ball flying off the left ramp (unless they do a service bulletin and provide a shield). So even with awesome software, it will still have a lot of dead shots.

#192 2 years ago

I thought this thread was about the DI on test. There are plenty of other threads more relevant for SW, BM66, etc...

#193 2 years ago

the guy who maintains the Level 257 games is here. I'm sure he can tell you how many plays are on that game. I'm sure it's a shitload.

How easy some people forget how fast TAF's Chair scoop started showing signs of wear. Or JPs bunker. And shooter lane ware is just laughable. The shit you guys worry about that doesn't matter. Of course the shooter lane wears. 90% of every playfield that goes through my door has shooter lane wear. And I have around 2 to 3 a week come through here. Shooter lane wear is like tire ware on a car. It happens and going to happen. THere is no way to design it otherwise. If it gets enough play, it's going to happen.

If wear and tear is unacceptable to you. There are plenty of hobbies like coin collecting, comics, stamps for you to indulge in. Enjoy your life of collecting dust.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the guy who maintains the Level 257 games is here. I'm sure he can tell you how many plays are on that game. I'm sure it's a shitload.

So, did you ask him? How many plays!?

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

How easy some people forget how fast TAF's Chair scoop started showing signs of wear. Or JPs bunker. And shooter lane ware is just laughable. The shit you guys worry about that doesn't matter. Of course the shooter lane wears. 90% of every playfield that goes through my door has shooter lane wear. And I have around 2 to 3 a week come through here. Shooter lane wear is like tire ware on a car. It happens and going to happen. THere is no way to design it otherwise. If it gets enough play, it's going to happen.
If wear and tear is unacceptable to you. There are plenty of hobbies like coin collecting, comics, stamps for you to indulge in. Enjoy your life of collecting dust.

Was going to check out the updates last night on the DI, But they were closed for a private party!!!!!
The Shitty part was it wasnt posted on there website they were closed for a pp.
FYI if your not 30 min or less away check it out first!!!! Ill get some more input in the next few days and post some updates on the game.

Probably start a new thread, since some like to make this a bashing thread. Imagine that

#197 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Was going to check out the updates last night on the DI, But they were closed for a private party!!!!!
The Shitty part was it wasnt posted on there website they were closed for a pp.
FYI if your not 30 min or less away check it out first!!!! Ill get some more input in the next few days and post some updates on the game.
Probably start a new thread, since some like to make this a bashing thread. Imagine that

Would love to hear about the code updates I know at expo the screen was very lacking of animations. Hoping the code development is fixing that along with some more different multiballs and deeper rules

#198 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Hah! Agree. I also think it's smart for JJP to not mylar everything on a prototype game. Let it wear! Find out where the sensitive spots are. The point of a prototype game is to gather information -- seems like they have.

#199 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Agreed! Can't believe people are now bashing Level 257 on Pinside for hosting private parties!

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We've also seen pictures of Stern games with completly shot playfields. It doesn't mean that all Stern playfields wear the same. These have to be one offs or are games that were not maintained properly.

Wow.. how does it get THAT BAD!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burrillville, RI
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 279.95
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 21.00
$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside