(Topic ID: 174278)

Dialed In now available to play on location at Level 257!

By Tech257

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 371 posts
  • 98 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jar155
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0723 (resized).JPG
IMG_0772 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170222_132105 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170222_131059 (resized).jpg
dialed in (resized).jpg
Stern (resized).JPG
help_ (resized).JPG
IMG_0294 (resized).JPG
IMG_0293 (resized).JPG
1i3ic7 (resized).jpg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0409 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
117ddfd97778a821dfc73584367b1e7967519bb1 (resized).jpg
ff0a39052a343bf2991e510a08c56f1bf3cb53ab (resized).jpg
IMG_3277 (resized).JPG

There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 7 years ago

We are proud to announce that Level 257 now has Dialed In available to be played! Level 257 is located in Schaumburg, Illinois and is attached to the Sears side of Woodfield Mall. Our Arcade has about 90 games including 11 Pinball machines and 2 cocktail tables. Most of our pins cost 1 dollar a play. We also have a Super Selfie League that has open qualifying all month long that culminates on the first Tuesday of the following month. November's tournament will be held on December 6th.

But enough about us...

We are so proud to be working with JJP as a test location for Dialed in! The game as it stands with us is not yet 100% complete, but has had a few new modes added to it since it was unveiled at pinball expo! We are going to work together with JJP and give your feedback directly to them so we can make it the best game it can be! JJP will likely be visiting often uploading new code and making other changes to the game as they are developed. If you haven't had the chance to play the game yourself, if you are considering if it is worth purchasing, or if you just want to get your hands on a brand new machine you owe it to yourself to come visit us at Level 257. We want your feed back, feel free to ask for either Kevin or Jacob (Resident Game Technicians) and let us know what you think.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. We look forward to seeing you!

What a Line Up!What a Line Up!

Check out our playfield camera and league standings board!Check out our playfield camera and league standings board!

Ready to goReady to go

The PlayfieldThe Playfield

Smash this guy to charge your phones battery!Smash this guy to charge your phones battery!

There's a lot of magnetic shenanigans over hereThere's a lot of magnetic shenanigans over here

Rosie the ball diverterRosie the ball diverter

Watch out for spidersWatch out for spiders

The Lock MechThe Lock Mech

Dialed In!Dialed In!

#2 7 years ago

Um.... move that silly ghost busters out of the way. Line up the JJP line up properly!

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Um.... move that silly ghost busters out of the way. Line up the JJP line up properly!

my first thought also, put GB next to GoT and put the 3 JJP in a row.

#4 7 years ago

Nice, game looks sweet, love the playfield camera, wish I had a location like this near me!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I wonder if it was at request of JJP. That Dialed in makes that brand new ghostbusters look pretty aged.

#6 7 years ago

I'm guessing the overhead camera is fixed and you just move the pin you wish to feature to that location.

#7 7 years ago

My friends and I played Dialed In quite a bit today. My one friend played it for the first time and he had a blast. The rest of us played it last at expo. After having a better understanding of the rules, we were all talking about how much more fun the game was than when we played at expo. There were alot of younger kids playing it too which was great! The kids were playing all the machines from Black Knight up to Dialed In.

#8 7 years ago

Just realized from these pics that "armageddon" is misspelled on the playfield insert.

#9 7 years ago

As much as everyone hated on the art, I like the "Dialed In" logo font.

Granted, it looks like they may have squished it under the coin door . . .

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I'm guessing the overhead camera is fixed and you just move the pin you wish to feature to that location.

Camera is internal. Not a topper or anything. It actually sits right under the screen. Hard to see it.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Camera is internal. Not a topper or anything. It actually sits right under the screen. Hard to see it.

He's talking about the streaming webcam level 257 has for games. It's at the end of pin
row.

#12 7 years ago

When you fellas are Ready to Throw down that 250.00 FULLY refundable deposit and lock in a spot for Dialed In LMK.
Remember no sales tax delivered to you fellas outside of IN. Huge $$$$$ savings.
We are as well throwing in a few incentives of our own if you order before 2017.
Call us for details.

Pincades
Chicago Land JJP dist.
219-924-PINS(7467) calls only
219-808-6063 calls or text

#13 7 years ago

I decided to put the pins in chronological order, but thanks for the input!

Gorgar, Black Knight, Mr & Mrs Pacman, The Addams Family, Twilight Zone, Kiss, Wizard of Oz Ruby Red, Game of Thrones, Hobbit, Ghostbusters Priemium, Dialed InGorgar, Black Knight, Mr & Mrs Pacman, The Addams Family, Twilight Zone, Kiss, Wizard of Oz Ruby Red, Game of Thrones, Hobbit, Ghostbusters Priemium, Dialed In

Quoted from Toads:

Yes, our playfield cam is static, I can move any pin I want under it to feature it. I may consider putting something else under it once we aren't the only location in the world to have a Dialed In.

#14 7 years ago

Looking good Tech257- Any plans to add additional pins to the lineup?

#15 7 years ago

Played Dialed In a bunch on Saturday night along with several of the other games, it was great! Definitely will be back again soon. Only downside was the card reader on Hobbit wasn't working so I couldn't play that one.

Weird moment, I was checking out Twilight Zone to compare with the mods I have in mine when the entire plunger came off the machine! Made sure to get a tech over there right away so someone didn't pull it off and lose it!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Tech257:

I guess you're talking about time the arcade acquired the pins because WOZ was before Kiss.

#17 7 years ago

It wasn't before the Ruby Red edition though

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Tech257:

By chronological order do you mean when you received them? WOZ started shipping about two years before KISS and the Ruby Red version about a year before KISS.

#19 7 years ago

A group of us went and played last night from CPA. Eric and Keith were there and brought the new code update. I have to say it's really starting to come together. We had a great time and the pin line up now at Level 257 is pretty awesome.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

By chronological order do you mean when you received them? WOZ started shipping about two years before KISS and the Ruby Red version about a year before KISS.

Thanks for letting me know, we switched WoZ and Kiss. Boy did we look silly.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

least GB can make money. When I was there hobbit was down. Which I can't understand. Don't know how it gets enough plays to break.

#22 7 years ago

Awesome!
Please keep us updated how Dialed In does at your location especially vs the licensed themes.

#23 7 years ago

dialed in played good. All shots were easy to make. Felt good overall.

#24 7 years ago

Had a great time at Level 257 today and Dialed In is VERY smooth and fun! This is the best place in the Chicago area.

15392938_10153912551941695_1562402254380909307_o (resized).jpg15392938_10153912551941695_1562402254380909307_o (resized).jpg

15326346_10153912695006695_1247105966852617362_n (resized).jpg15326346_10153912695006695_1247105966852617362_n (resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago

Let the selfie league scores for Dialed In begin!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnsbit:

Had a great time at Level 257 today and Dialed In is VERY smooth and fun! This is the best place in the Chicago area.

I still want to buy one of those pacman bowling balls. I swear if they sold those, they would sell like hotcakes.

1 week later
#27 7 years ago

Finally got a chance to get up to Level 257 yesterday. Dialed In! is aweeeeesome. Looks way better in person and the game and shots just feels really good. Really not many super frustrating moments that you get with the last few Stern games, honestly. Can't wait to play it more.

#28 7 years ago

Is Level 257 a place you could bring a family with young children (3 and 5) say from 4pm-7pm to get dinner and play pinball?

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Veloso:

Just realized from these pics that "armageddon" is misspelled on the playfield insert.

That is not the only misspell at jjp:

IMG_1171 (resized).PNGIMG_1171 (resized).PNG

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Is Level 257 a place you could bring a family with young children (3 and 5) say from 4pm-7pm to get dinner and play pinball?

I was there last night, there were some young kids in that range there. There's bowling too and the lanes are next to the pinball row.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

That is not the only misspell at jjp:

Yeah, they spelled wiener as winner. Oops.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Absolutely! If they get bored of the location we are attached to woodfield mall, so they can go shop instead.

#33 7 years ago

Brought the family and had a great time... food, pinball, (first time bowling for kids), both giant pac mans, happy kids, happy mom... all good. Only thing that didn't work so well was me getting significant time on dialed in... but I did at least get 3 quick games... and as everyone sad the shots are extremely smooth and it felt great. Looking forward to more time on this at some point in the future.

Pins appeared in great shape (visually, and the two I played).

Also, the manager was extra great - very customer service oriented.

#34 7 years ago

Whoa. Had no idea Dialed In! was here. Definitely gonna check it out next week.

#35 7 years ago

Stopped by Friday afternoon with my son and grandson. They live not far from Woodfield mall and this is cool to have a place to play pins and games. Level 257 is a very nice family friendly place. Got several games in on Dialed in and I really liked the gameplay. The manager came over and we played several games and he gave me a nice tutorial. Very nice young fellow! I got a nice multi- ball and set a high score. New code had just been installed. I like Pat lawlor games and own several. This game is fast and the shots, loops ramps are Pat Lawlor trademark super smooth. This game is used as a test game and is being used to refine the game design according to the manager. I think the two scoop posts are going to be changed to full rubber sleeves which they should be. Also noticed some beginnings of some wear on the unprotected scoop hole. I liked the way you could make the scoop shot by bouncing off the upper right flipper and also the magnets would shoot the ball into scoop. Cool. Stop by and play and enjoy the games.

#36 7 years ago

Stopped in last night put a bout a dozen games on it. Code is coming along nicely. No ball save though??????????
Put up a few long games on hobbit though!!!!!! 2 of the three wizard modes

Pincades
JCT

20161227_202548_1482925697870 (resized).jpg20161227_202548_1482925697870 (resized).jpg

20161227_202534_1482925698672 (resized).jpg20161227_202534_1482925698672 (resized).jpg

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

No ball save though??????????

I am disappointed in you.... Have you EVER played a Pat Lawlor designed game before?

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am disappointed in you.... Have you EVER played a Pat Lawlor designed game before?

Generally correct insinuation.... but Road Show had a ball save

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Stopped in last night put a bout a dozen games on it. Code is coming along nicely. No ball save though??????????
Put up a few long games on hobbit though!!!!!! 2 of the three wizard modes
Pincades
JCT

Just a PSA, Pat is the one coming in and making changes to the game. All the settings are set the way he wants them. He's doing this so he can control the average ball time.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Tech257:

Just a PSA, Pat is the one coming in and making changes to the game. All the settings are set the way he wants them. He's doing this so he can control the average ball time.

Yes I knew that. I under stand that, but from a consumers (average mom dad or kid from a non playing pinball family) perspective I watched 4 different people comment, this is to hard and this game sucks because they lost the ball to fast!!!!

I understand they want it to make money and keep ball times low, but as a Distributor for the Chicago Land Area I want people to get some time on it and like it to buy it!!! Point said!

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Yes I knew that. I under stand that, but from a consumers (average mom dad or kid from a non playing pinball family) perspective I watched 4 different people comment, this is to hard and this game sucks because they lost the ball to fast!!!!
I understand they want it to make money and keep ball times low, but as a Distributor for the Chicago Land Area I want people to get some time on it and like it to buy it!!! Point said!

from expo, I am guessing ball times would be WAY to long without adjustments. It is a longer playing game already. if you want people to like a game enough to buy it then they need to feel like they accomplished something cool in short order. Most of the general public has zero clue or real desire to learn how to play pinball.

Granted, turning on a ball save is a good way to bring in new people and does not impact ball times much (good people rarely use ball save)

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from Tech257:

Just a PSA, Pat is the one coming in and making changes to the game.

So the legend himself comes in to work on the game he designed? Now that is some super awesome white glove service, pride and dedication!

1 week later
#43 7 years ago

Damn I wonder what happened here? Totally worn to the wood.

IMG_7643 (resized).JPGIMG_7643 (resized).JPG

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Damn I wonder what happened here? Totally worn and broken to the wood.

Man those Stern PF's are having such difficulty! Oh wait, its a JJP PF, lovely.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man those Stern PF's are having such difficulty! Oh wait, its a JJP PF, lovely.

Luckily these are prototype games which won't be in production for another 3 months! Plenty of time for them to fix.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Luckily these are prototype games which won't be in production for another 3 months! Plenty of time for them to fix.

Yep, that's what they all say.

#47 7 years ago

JJP ramp issue was found out with the test units and fixed pretty quickly.

Who are we comparing to anyway? Stern? The guys that broke production records while shipping defective playfields?

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Every Lawlor after Addams has ball save.

#49 7 years ago

Just emailed jjp the pic in case they hadn't seen. Got a reply within 5 minutes.

They said that Pat is aware and the pin will not ship with issue.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep, that's what they all say.

As I am sure you know Ice they put these games out for testing (something Stern seems to have stopped doing) to find things like this. If the production games ship looking the same I would be worried but we still have a while just how long remains to be seen!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
There are 371 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-now-available-to-play-on-location-at-level-257 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.