• Latest reply 3 years ago by 0rounder0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jumpstart (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I had posted this before but never got it resolved, when I turn on the game the screen says no signal and then goes into power save mode, I have looked for
a reset button on the computer but cant find it.

Thank You

John

#2 5 years ago

Might not have a reset button.

Try briefly shorting pins 6 and 8 on JFP1 on the motherboard.

LTG : )

jumpstart (resized).jpgjumpstart (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try briefly shorting pins 6 and 8 on JFP1 on the motherboard.

Pins 6 & 8 would turn it on if shorted briefly, turn it off if shorted for four seconds.
Pins 7 & 5 would reset it, if it's on.

If you have an old computer case laying around you can scavenge a power or reset button from it and use it on the JJP motherboard.

1 year later
#4 3 years ago

Did pins 7 + 5 resolve the issue with a reset? I'm experiencing the same problem and was wondering if this helped or if there was something else you did to fix the issue? Any info / suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from 0rounder0:

Any info / suggestions would be appreciated.

Butch's video.

LTG : )

#6 3 years ago

Hi All, I resolved the issue I was having and just thought I'd post about it in case anyone else experiences the same issues down the road. For me it started a few days ago, the game was playing as normal then out of nowhere it started glitching out. It made a series of loud repeating sounds then the next day it would not boot up. It would display "No signal" on the screens. The issue on my end was software related, not hardware. I resolved it by creating a Boot USB with the full install software offered on the JJP website. Once that was ready I opened the coin door and inserted the usb in the dongle and powered it up. This reinstalled the factory software and when it was done the game booted up and played perfectly again without any issues. I then upgraded it to the latest software (v1.73 at this time) and have played a bunch of games on it without any issues. Hope this info might help someone else with similar issues down the road. Cheers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-not-booting-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.