(Topic ID: 194578)

Dialed in Mirror Blades

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
    20170703_161112 (resized).jpg
    20170708_221450 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Just a heads up for all who want mirror blades on your Dialed in. You can purchase a set of mirror blades for JJP HOBBIT and trim off the back with a pair of snips. The holes line up perfectly for the back box hinge. However you need to trim in 2 spots off the back creating a different angle for a perfect fit. Overall look is great in my opinion. Just a heads up for all who want to dress up there JJP Dialed in.

Not sure as of now if anyone is selling them on there site but at the time when I received my game there were no options available.

Pictures are one with mirror blades and the other without for you to see which one you prefer.

Great Game!
    Still having trouble with the theme but I still keep playing it.

20170708_221450 (resized).jpg20170708_221450 (resized).jpg

20170703_161112 (resized).jpg20170703_161112 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

How was the spacing? It looks like it will be tight on my game and they will scratch when the pf is lifted.

#3 6 years ago

Very tight fit. But I have raised my playfield up and down more then a few times and no scratches have occurred.

#4 6 years ago

FYI, standard WPC mirror blades work just fine in DI and require no modifications to get it to fit correctly.

#5 6 years ago

there goes your reception lol

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from parabol420:

FYI, standard WPC mirror blades work just fine in DI and require no modifications to get it to fit correctly.

Hm, I tried a pair but you would need to hack off a tiny bit in the back, and even then they wouldn't cover everything.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from johninc:

Hm, I tried a pair but you would need to hack off a tiny bit in the back, and even then they wouldn't cover everything.

I get my mirror blades from Cointaker. Perhaps theirs are a bit different size? My WPC set went in without any issues and completely covered the whole area.

2 weeks later
    #8 6 years ago

I installed mirrors blades today and a few issues arose.

1. The hinge bolt holes are way too tight. Had to pound them out and then redrill with a 1/2" spade bit. Much better with a redrilled,.slightly bigger, but still snug hole.
    2. The bw mirrors fit fine on the right, but on the left I had to elongate the hole in the mirror. You need a drill press to do this.
    3. My playfield was so tight on the sides I had to remove the screws holding the mirrors in and instead used carpet tape.

Look great, but far from a standard install. Woz up next.

1 month later
    #9 6 years ago

Any better solutions yet for mirror blades? Would love to add to my DI.

3 months later
    #10 6 years ago

Bump... any better solution to mirror blades for Dialed In?

#11 6 years ago

I ended up buying mine from sidemirrorblades. They are now owned by CT but they should have them. Fit perfectly.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I ended up buying mine from sidemirrorblades. They are now owned by CT but they should have them. Fit perfectly.

What kind did you buy?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-mirror-blades?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.