Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CUJO
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95E6A8A6-1312-4A8A-8370-C6AC21F504AE (resized).jpeg
    20180921_175533 (resized).jpg
    20180920_153618 (resized).jpg

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

JJP Announces Dialed In Manuals are Now available

We’d like to thank all of our customers who purchased Dialed In games and have been waiting to receive the printed manual. We are pleased to announce we will begin shipping the manuals to those who purchased LE and CE models. Standard games do not receive a free printed Manual.

I purchased my game through a Distributor….How do I receive a DI Printed Manual?

Please contact your distributor first to see if they will be sending them directly to you. If they are, you will receive one from your distributor. If they are not, JJP will ship a manual directly to you. But you must request a manual from our Support site. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/ by following the instructions below.

I purchased my game directly from JJP or my distributor told me to request a manual directly from JJP.

To request a DI manual go the JJP web support site https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/
    From the main Support page select the Support Form Icon
    Then Click the Enter Support Form button
    Please fill out all of the information on the form. Please make sure you enter your game serial number
    It is also important in the CASE TYPE field that you select *DI Manual* from the drop down list.
    Then click the Submit button
    A Case number will be generated that you can use for an inquiry; and a manual will be shipped to you.

I am an International customer, how do I request a DI Manual

Please contact your distributor. ALL International DI manual distributions are being handled directly through your distributor. This includes Canadian Customers as well.

Thank You for supporting Jersey Jack Pinball.

For additional questions or support contact JJP Customer Service at 732-364-9900 or email [email protected]

#3 5 years ago

That’s what you get for only spending 8k ya big cheapskate!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

That’s what you get for only spending 8k ya big cheapskate!

I know right!

Luckily I've been making my own in calligraphy. I do one page a day, so i gotta get home and work on Page no 462.

Dammit where did I put my quill

#5 5 years ago

Emails going out this AM to all my customers but to save any of you unnecessary emails and extra work - PinballSTAR does not have any manuals - my customers please follow the instructions to get them sent from JJP as in Jen's post. TY
    Joe Newhart
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    [email protected]

#7 5 years ago

Thanks Joe! Way to be proactive

#8 5 years ago

JY64....you don't own a JJP game yet 95% of the time when in a JJP related thread you complain about them. It's old. Why are you complaing about a very cool extra for LE and CE owners? Ridiculous.

Also, it's been known for well over a year, since the model comparison chart was released that standards do not come with a printed manual.

#9 5 years ago

Great news! Thank you

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

JY64....you don't own a JJP game yet 95% of the time when in a JJP related thread you complain about them. It's old. Why are you complaing about a very cool extra for LE and CE owners? Ridiculous.
    Also, it's been known for well over a year, since the model comparison chart was released that standards do not come with a printed manual.

Is that what that was about? I wasn’t sure if it’s just a Pavlovian response to the acronym “JJP”

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I can't afford a JJP game I just paid the most I ever have for a game an AFM that being said a manual two yr's after the game comes out is ridiculous

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I can't afford a JJP game I just paid the most I ever have for a game an ARM that being said a manual two yr's after the game comes out is ridiculous

The digital version of the manual has been out for a while and was regularly updated. The physical JJP manuals are the best in pinball and more along the lines of a nice book.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The physical JJP manuals are the best in pinball and more along the lines of a nice book.

Better be after this long.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I can't afford a JJP game I just paid the most I ever have for a game an ARM that being said a manual two yr's after the game comes out is ridiculous

The manual includes the game rules as well, which have been updated multiple times. So they waited this long so it’s, you know, correct.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The manual includes the game rules as well, which have been updated multiple times. So they waited this long so it’s, you know, correct.

They should break it in to 2 books then, technical and rules. That way they csn put the manual out to buyers with the game, you know, like every other manual in the history of pinball before this one.
    Actually that's just a guess.... Did WOZ have a wait?
    Ed8t: then again they have the disk already... But still it's just a bad look

#16 5 years ago

This must mean that the final modes are completed and we should be getting a code update soon - I hope!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

They should break it in to 2 books then, technical and rules. That way they csn put the manual out to buyers with the game, you know, like every other manual in the history of pinball before this one.
    Actually that's just a guess.... Did WOZ have a wait?
    Ed8t: then again they have the disk already... But still it's just a bad look

No, WOZ did not have a printed manual right away. The games themselves have a PDF you can look at IN the game, or obviously download from the website. Is Stern still doing printed manuals? AP did not provide them with Houdini either.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

s Stern still doing printed manuals?

I don't think they've done printed in a looong time. That actually is a good thing because those were bottom of the barrel. Like photocopies of photocopies. Online stuff is great though.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think they've done printed in a looong time. That actually is a good thing because those were bottom of the barrel. Like photocopies of photocopies. Online stuff is great though.

Oh yeah! I remember thinking what a jerk the guy I bought my LOTR from was, trying to pass off that crap as the original manual, and then a friend showed me his manual - same crappy thing!

#20 5 years ago

Manual at delivery or not, I've got an amazing pin at home. Thanks JJP!

#21 5 years ago

These manuals will be nice bound glossy high quality - befitting a JJP game. Worth the wait!

#22 5 years ago
    20180920_153618 (resized).jpg20180920_153618 (resized).jpg
    #23 5 years ago

Great update. Only concern is using the support portal. A lot of times there is no response when using the portal. Usually have to call to request parts or support.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:

This must mean that the final modes are completed and we should be getting a code update soon - I hope!

I don't see any more code with the rules finished except for bugs

#26 5 years ago

for my customers. you will receive this email from me. if you have any questions please let me know. if you didn't receive an email let me know.

Dear Dialed In owner. Please see the notice below. You will need to follow the instructions below and then JJP will send out your manual. If you would prefer not to do this, please send me your serial number and I will take care of it for you.

thank you for your patience in all of this

if you have any questions please let me know

Christopher

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from knobstone:

Great update. Only concern is using the support portal. A lot of times there is no response when using the portal. Usually have to call to request parts or support.

I used the portal, got a response and my manual is on the way

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

That's not true. Theater multiball is a new mode coming to the game and more animations will be released as well.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Go away

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Go away.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Hard to understand your position when it doesn’t appear you even own the game?

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's not true. Theater multiball is a new mode coming to the game and more animations will be released as well.

First the two yr wait seemed ridiculous then the printed rule set made it seem logical. Now you want the printed rules as well as continuing to add to the rules with code we are back to ridiculous

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hard to understand your position when it doesn’t appear you even own the game?

My god man do you really think every person with a comment on DI DP SW owns the game this is not a club thread. I could not count the comments on DP bobblehead when it first came out lol

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

When you read page A-28 of the online manual, you will know that you are wrong.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from JWJr:

When you read page A-28 of the online manual, you will know that you are wrong.

Show link manual I found has no A-28 http://159.203.76.48/di/DI_Manual%201_0%20June%202017.pdf

#36 5 years ago

So what is the scenario then if you buy a Dialed In LE from an original owner that purchased one direct from JJP on the pre-order?
    Can that new owner get the manual?

#37 5 years ago

JJP manuals are worth the wait + it gives them time to update rule sets, and other items....if u really want to stare at the manual u can always pull it up on the screen or read the online version....u really don't need a print version, but its nice to have.

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from CUJO:

So what is the scenario then if you buy a Dialed In LE from an original owner that purchased one direct from JJP on the pre-order?
    Can that new owner get the manual?

Since you are required to supply your serial number for verification, I would think whomever currently owns the serial number is entitled to the manual. Best to just call Frank at jjp and discuss it with him.

#39 5 years ago

If you have a pin and a serial number (LE or CE) you can request a manual. Don't have to be the original owner.

#40 5 years ago

Did JJP give manuals to TH LE buyers too? I never got one.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

No, it was not a Hobbit LE or WOZ ECLE included item.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from clg:

Nope, although man that would be very cool!

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nope, although man that would be very cool!

I think build of materials likely affects what is and what is not included with games. Hobbit LE has a far superior powder coat, in my opinion, but Dialed In LE comes with a printed manual. Personally I would rather have a higher quality powder coat.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Stern online stuff is photocopy half of the time, not even an indexed .pdf. Also doesn't include schematics.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Stern online stuff is photocopy half of the time, not even an indexed .pdf. Also doesn't include schematics.

I only knwo the games I have and have looked at like RBION, all legit with schematics

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/230/rip/448/Ripleys_Manual.pdf

#46 5 years ago

If I have to hand over the manuals when we sell a game, then I guess I'm not selling.

20180921_175533 (resized).jpg20180921_175533 (resized).jpg
    #47 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I only knwo the games I have and have looked at like RBION, all legit with schematics
    http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/230/rip/448/Ripleys_Manual.pdf

What's sad is prices are now double from the Ripleys era yet the manuals now contain far less I guess Stern figures who needs a manual when you can just buy a $400 replacement node board instead, lol.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What's sad is prices are now double from the Ripleys era yet the manuals now contain far less

The none Spike 2 schematics are complete recock for sure, so lame. Their little secretive/pump and dump replacement node board scheme is also weak.
    Being bound in leather is great for collectors more than players for sure, I just need to know how to fix the damn things, not sit around and thumb through them all night.

#49 5 years ago

Hi @kingbw. Can we be friends?

#50 5 years ago

That's the "1.0" version. The current version is "3.1".

http://159.203.76.48/di/DI_Manual%203_1%20May%202018.pdf

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-manuals?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.