Stone-Farking-Wheaton-w00tstout-2016-Trooper (resized).jpg
IMG_0052 (resized).JPG
IMG_2140 (resized).JPG
JJP_Wonka (resized).jpg
44 (resized).jpg
33 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jungle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#32 7 years ago

"...sold more in 1 day...it's a hit". I take it you mean $250 down on each game not $9000. The people at shows are not a mirror of likely sales imo. Maybe the UK doesn't matter but if there are more than 5 games in the country by the end of next year I will be surprised.

#33 7 years ago

UK price is £9495 ( $11570 )

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

It's clearly not the price. It's already a big hit with big sales numbers. Why would jjp be interested in price reductions if they're selling as is. If anything they'll make the "quantum city" version and charge even more.
You just need to play one to understand and you'll pay your money.

If you know the sales numbers tell me how many UK sales.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

It's a different ballgame now. Hobbit started shipping in April and never stopped, short of a small delay for Smaug heads. Vendors are paid, parts already ordered for Dialed In. I'm confident in the timing. This isn't much of a preorder as we define them in the past with 'pay us'. $250 refundable. Zero risk or stress. Nobody's applauding that, but it's a big step. Again guys, just go play it, enjoy it at shows, launch parties and you might understand what those at Expo saying they love it are talking about. It's a good PLAYING game. Maybe some of the other stuff might find a way to work out in everyone's favor.

I agree it looks like a good playing game. That is not enough at $9k. It has to tick all boxes. It doesn't so in my opinion very few people are going to travel far to try it anyway. JJP's first two games are very good and match the asking price. As things stand it's clear the vast majority of pinball fans think this is a fail. Look at the poll thread.

#84 7 years ago

Is this a potential problem ? They get 2000 deposits of $250 dollars. They build them and then 80% of customers ( 1600 ) pull out. What happens then ?

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

This games going to build a ton of traction as it goes around to shows...people who play it love it...

And they don't even drop any coins at shows never mind buy the game.

#90 7 years ago

Ok. That's a knee jerk reaction. Be sure to report back when people realize they can get their deposit back.
I suspect you will also have the largest return you have ever seen in a 9mth time. IE when people go back and tell their wives.

"A phone rings and the games called Dialed In. " "Sounds terrible but if it's a few grand...err it's 9k + shipping

#91 7 years ago

Pinball Heaven in UK. How many orders so far ? ( NON- refundable £250 btw )

#94 7 years ago

Sure have as much fun as you can. ( It won't be easy over here at $11500 ) But this thread is essentially about whether JJP is going to SELL this game in numbers that would be considered a success.

#101 7 years ago

But Joe you are in the business. You praise everything to the sky. Absolutely no problem with that. And I know you love the coin-op scene whether it's business or not. I think WOZ and Hobbit are great games. They tick all the boxes and although expensive are in my opinion value for money. Let's see if JJP move on price or give people the option to change to a standard machine. I would tell Jack what I think and how many he is likely to sell in UK/Europe at $11500.

#111 7 years ago

Yes the 20% VAT doesn't help and also with Stern I understand everything has to go via a sole UK importer in London. So Pinball Heaven ( exclusive UK JJP importer ) gets 10% put on Stern games because he can't buy direct.

So the US is still getting a much better deal than us. I do think there is a big opportunity for Heighway with kits at 60% of the game price. As well as space issues for many buyers.

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I enjoyed playing Dialed In, but I will never buy another NIB game from JJP again. I was one of the first people to order a WOZ, and was happy to support Jack's new company. Once he f**ked over all the LE buyers with the "Ruby Red" 75th Anniversary Edition, however, he lost me as a customer for life. The fact that he just did it again with the "Black Arrow" Hobbit shows that he did not even learn from his mistakes.

I was surprised he did that. As you say it involved having big money tied up for years. Jack has been wonderful for pinball but I think we may be coming to the end of a honeymoon era.

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

We just don't want to see companies fail from their own greed. It's happened before.

I still see a tricky future for this game. The WOZ and Hobbit standards have all the gameplay features of the LE's.

I think JJP will have to consider reducing the price of the LE. Because if it stays at 9k the standard can't be too much less unless it's completely stripped down.

Once people have put down $250 when do they have to pay the balance ? I think I heard Jack say a couple of weeks before you get the game. If so they could end up with a warehouse full if large numbers cancel late on.

#185 7 years ago

Why would you want to get say 2k off the cost of a new game when you could likely sell it yourself for probably at least double that ? Unless you think JJP are going to sell you one now for 9k and allow you 5k off a new one in two years. Not very likely.

#191 7 years ago

The pricing and the models/numbers is a real mess. That is unless you think we are in TAF or TZ unit production 5 figures. If the price had been 7.5k 2000 LE's and no more special editions guaranteed he would have had a good chance of actual sales not deposits. Also not giving a number for the collector's edition another mistake.

#196 7 years ago

Jack will only give you 7k for a two year old pinball if a loaf of bread is 1k.

There are 60m. people in Britain. How many Dialed In machines in UK 12 months from now ? I would be confident less than 10.

#212 7 years ago

I don't sell to UK regardless not sure why you would post here.

This is a forum and an ad. But forget the UK I'm really talking about $ price in the US. I just want to see JJP and pinball sell as many games as possible. We will see what Jack does. If he doesn't eat a large slice of humble pie he's heading for trouble. Just my opinion. On the positive side I have seem more videos of the game and have been very impressed by the gameplay and lightshow.

#216 7 years ago

I read the UK pinball forum yesterday and it was unanimous that the NIB pinball business from US firms is now just about dead. Even the sole UK JJP distributor said he was not going to EAG London in January. ( Our biggest amusement machine show ) He has been there the last few years. He reckons that he wouldn't sell to ONE operator. Big taxes and exchange rates are problems but so is the initial cost of games.

#221 7 years ago

Good posts. A nightmare scenario with this payment model is hundreds/thousands canceling in Spring. These days of social media people may get together to make a point. When Jack started many people thought they were a real part of a new adventure. Not just customers in a numbers sense. I believe that feeling has been lost for many first in a small way with the WOZ RR and now with too big a price on game 3. If was mentioned that Stern can stand one machine being a fail. But they release 3+ games a year.

#226 7 years ago

If they were from pinheads wives I would be impressed !

#246 7 years ago

Going by his ad on the website and the "reviews" I will be amazed if there is any move downwards on the price of the LE in the near future. And any artwork changes likely to be just the side cabinet imo.

#250 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Why does this worry you? Don't buy it.
When BM66 and DI begin to accumulate dust in their manufacturer's warehouses pricing will change substantially (not a measly $500), but not before.
For the record, I appreciate Jack and JJP. I hope both are very successful.

I think what you have said should be read by JJP. There are more important things to be concerned about in the world but it would be a shame if the momentum in pinball and particularly JJP is lost because of near crazy levels of optimism from what is a low deposit funding system where the rug can easily be pulled from beneath you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jungle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-limited-edition-jersey-jack-pinball?tu=jungle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.