Stone-Farking-Wheaton-w00tstout-2016-Trooper (resized).jpg
IMG_0052 (resized).JPG
IMG_2140 (resized).JPG
JJP_Wonka (resized).jpg
44 (resized).jpg
33 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Everyone keeps talking about it costing $9k, but it's actually more than that since that price does not include shipping.

10K before Christmas?

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Please tone it down or go elsewhere - this thread has been really good - everyone politely expressing their opinion and nobody's argued or been nasty. Chill or go post name calling shit like that elsewhere... Anyone is the hobby is doing good for all of us - including the manufacturers - both JJP and Stern. They all work hard and deliver great products. Is everything perfect no. Give them a chance. 187 bitching threads in my For Sale post just trying to do my job and yours was the first that was distasteful. Everything you buy someone made a buck on it, and I assume you have a job doing something where you or your employer made a buck. Chill out with the name calling, not cool.

There is some truth to what he posted. IF JJP priced DI at a cool million bucks per game obviously they would sell MAYBE 1 or 2, and probably not recoup their development costs and lose money.

Obviously the consensus is 9K for Dialed In seems steep within the US, and is ludicrous internationally considering other countries seem to (Gasp!) pay taxes on their purchases and have the exchange rate to deal with. And the 12K super LE or whatever is just off the charts offensive, along with the limiting the LE's to "only 7K units" (especially IF those somehow sold out another special edition would find its way out).

Did they cross a line? We will have to see. To me the game looks interesting enough that I would happily play it (I enjoy all pinball eras, including the future ). But 9K US converted into Canadian dollars, +12% tax is so far from my price point it is not even funny. May as well be 50K for home users at that point. I am more than priced out.

#208 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Although I sympathize, I don't understand all you UK guys beating up on everyone over here for your own country's taxes. Don't you have elections ? What do you expect a US company to do about UK taxes on imports ? March on Parliament... I know it sucks and I feel bad for you guys. I have to ask is this something new - it seems there's a lot of chatter about it lately but I've never really heard complaints before about this 20% VAT tax. I don't sell to UK regardless not sure why you would post here.

Yeah, that would be the most impressive march on parliament ever... wealthy gentlemen demand pension cuts [or insert other program here] to make their luxury toy purchases less expensive? That's not exactly the stuff revolutions are made of .

#220 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Time will tell what the effect of these high prices will be on pinball, but i see little reason to be complaining. You dont like the price, dont buy it. Enough people share that view, price will fall.

There is no arguing with this logic, but it is at least a bit fun to discuss.

The price is the price; buy it or don't.

But if entire sections of the global market seem to be dropping off, maybe the price really is too high. We'll all find out within a year I guess.

And :

That's a proper level of snarkiness I think?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bc_gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-limited-edition-jersey-jack-pinball?tu=bc_gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.