You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poll-online-vote-icon-outline-style-vector-37101487 (resized).jpg
6d358159cf6422a03be09efd84a3c856.gif
dennis-laugh.gif
proxy-image.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clearstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 2 years ago

This is why I think there are two pinball philosophies that exist. While others are not wrong in their assessment of JP vs DI, most make an assumption on these threads everyone is a pinball purest and a pretty good player who can progress a linear game like JP.

I am not saying DI is a top 5 pinball machine of all time, but I am saying JP is NOT a top 5 either.

My issues with it, which might help the OP:

#1 -The lack of real movie assets are a problem that only either Elwin fans, or good pinball players who prefer complex rules- are OK with. For everyone else, it will get frustrating and boring, with no real nostalgic WOW moments. #2 - The game shoots clunky, period. There is "decent" flow, but if we are being honest, unless you own a Pro, the Premium has no flow. #3 - Probably most important, it gets far too repetitive. The atmosphere is world-class for about the first 50 games and that's it...especially if you suck and you cannot progress in the game...it becomes the same game every time you press start.

Now, for a STERN, yes it is a beauty to behold. It is one of the better tables toys wise and theme "under glass" they have made. With that said, JJP theme integration and toys are better almost in every table they have period. It's just a different experience that you can't judge until a JJP sits in your home.

Back to the skill level point. My wife really wanted to like it, but since the game is so linear, she can't even capture two dinosaurs. I understand that's a skill issue for her, but there are pinball tables where you can feel some sense of progression within your first 20-25 games even if you are a bad player. This (JP) is not one of those tables. DI actually is, she is quite good at it ironically.

Oh and did I mention the code? I think I did, but it's worth mentioning again! You get suckered in by the theme, then you find out it's unintuitive. Every single house party I have, folks gravitate toward JP in the beginning, then after they put two games in, no one is playing it. They would rather play Mando, GOTG, The Hobbit, GNR, TMNT you name it...they have no idea what the heck is going on on JP.

With all that, I'd say buy DI, and play JP on location and after $30-40 bucks of play if you still love it...just spend more time at your local bar playing . Unlike DI, that JP table is everywhere!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider clearstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-le-or-jurassic-park-premium?tu=clearstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.