You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poll-online-vote-icon-outline-style-vector-37101487 (resized).jpg
6d358159cf6422a03be09efd84a3c856.gif
dennis-laugh.gif
proxy-image.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 2 years ago

I'd say it's close to 50/50.

DI is a packed Lawlor pin. His designs are slow flow, like the popular 90s pins. The game is fun with unmatched multimedia. The modes are great, and the theatre is very cool. It is also less multiball heavy, which matches nicely with 90s style. But the scoring is slightly unbalanced, and the Bob modes and theatre modes are sadly secondary. You also have to remove the protectors and use Mylar instead to avoid the supposed design flaws. The game could be the goat, but they refuse to update the code. Even with these flaws, the game is crazy good. That's how good it is.

JP is like all Elwin pins: it is designed for trap and shoot. If you want to learn to play next-level pinball, his designs are out of this world. You'll get deeper, more balanced rules. It has linear and nonlinear linear progression paired with difficult but crazy satisfying combos. On the down side, the game is more difficult to learn and play, and you have to like controlled gameplay. Plus you have stern cheapness in components (speakers, coil stops, knocker, power source/switch etc). They have gotten better in other areas, but stern cuts corners wherever they can.

If jjp would fix the code on DI, it would be an easy pick!

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Jp. #2 in top 100.

proxy-image.gifproxy-image.gif

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Interweb rules say you cannot use the same meme 2x in one day. Get some fresh material. Like your detailed analysis though.

That laugh will be used more than twice per day in the future. I can promise you that.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

Just curious on DI code needing update. Is it a complete deal breaker? Do you think that it is something that they will fix?
I've played it before but wasn't really sure about what the rules were but thought that it was a high quality game.

As NC_Pin said, if you want to blow up the game, she's a one-trick pony, but there are some other issues.

1. The lower bob target is almost impossible to hit, even for skilled players. The game loves to push the ball to the left (worker dude, center magnets, drone magnet), so the kickback gets used up a lot. I suggested in the google group (where JJP has a presence) that they make the hit/lit bob standups rotate with flipper buttons like Pinball Magic. Other owners supported this idea. This would make the game so much better because once you're left with that bottom bob target, your screwed for relighting kickback or progressing bob until you fluke it. This is such and easy fix in code, but they responded clearly: "NO! this will not happen."

2. The multiballs are practically meaningless. It's just shoot everything for jackpots, which trigger attacks. There is a super and you can stack in a mode, but most just end up using the mbs to collect sims. The attacks are a cool feature, but a super jackpot in the sim that lights after three specific jackpots (ramps?) or something would make it more meaninful. The points would need to be big too in order to complete with modes/bang.

So if the exploit was balanced out of existence, the bob portion was a bit more intuitive to progress and was worth waaay more points and the multiballs were more goal-oriented, the game would be beyond epic. However, these issues are very real in this game. I am an early, instant-order, adopter, and I want to love it to death, but they won't fucking fix it.

Disclaimer: I'm definitely not the only critic, but I am, by far, the loudest about these issues, so take it for what it's worth. I'm frustrated because I've coded pinball, and I'd say it would take me a day or two max to fix these issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Niwot, CO
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-le-or-jurassic-park-premium?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.