You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poll-online-vote-icon-outline-style-vector-37101487 (resized).jpg
6d358159cf6422a03be09efd84a3c856.gif
dennis-laugh.gif
proxy-image.gif
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

Looks like one of these will be my next pin.Both are the same price for a real nice one.Dialed In seems like a good bang for the buck game while JP has a better theme and seems like a solid game.Any thoughts on overall gameplay that puts one over the other here.

#2 2 years ago

Dialed In

You'll be glad you did.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

IMO, with Both here a couple years, DI, is pure Fun. It challenges you, it keeps you coming back,
and it rewards you well, for even small things. Classic Williams updated, all rolled into one.

JP premium is a blast, and a Ball Buster. It challenges even some of the Best Players.
With multiple Objectives, it will kick your butt, then let you have a great game, and egg you on for more.

If I played Pinball Occasionally, and only for the Fun, Id keep my DI.
If I am in the mood for serious Pinball, and challenged for my fun, Id keep JP.

After a couple years of play, no kids here except a 3 year old granddaughter, she likes the smiley emoticons on DI, and the T Rex, but goes to JP first of any of 23 games.
I hope she kicks ass in a dozen years.

Edit.....Lloyd beat my post, so add a point, +1, because he is here to help.

#4 2 years ago

Play both, decide. Not more to add, but I own a DI and a JP Pro.

DI is the best (or at least one of the best) "90's" game ever made. I would take it over a MM for example (and did ).

JP is a tough game that after a year of ownership and hundreds of plays I have not "beat". I am not sure I have even made it to the "when dinosaurs ruled the earth" wizard mode. I enjoy that game, but how to play it is not transparent. If you don't try to at least learn the basics, you will be standing there going "I don't get it. This game sucks"

#5 2 years ago

Thread needs a poll…Dialed In has really shot to the top for me after owning it. Best flowing JJP by far with a fantastic layout and toys.

#6 2 years ago

Dialed in for me. JP is badass, but if someone were to give me one, it would be DI.

#7 2 years ago

DI is just a really amazing game with a false bad perception due to theme.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Play both, decide. Not more to add, but I own a DI and a JP Pro.
DI is the best (or at least one of the best) "90's" game ever made. I would take it over a MM for example (and did ).
JP is a tough game that after a year of ownership and hundreds of plays I have not "beat". I am not sure I have even made it to the "when dinosaurs ruled the earth" wizard mode. I enjoy that game, but how to play it is not transparent. If you don't try to at least learn the basics, you will be standing there going "I don't get it. This game sucks"

Have you beat DI’s final wizard mode

#9 2 years ago

I would go with JP premium. I’ve owned both in the the past but JP stayed in my lineup for a while longer because it was such a great challenge and loved the Dino head catching the ball. You have a great lineup with older A titles so I feel like DI might feel a bit like them. If you’re looking for something different but fun and also a great challenge grab that JP premium.

#10 2 years ago

DI!! I’ve owned both. My DICE is still here. JP could have been much better. T-Rex is cool, but DI is loaded and smooth! Easier to understand how to play DI too.

#11 2 years ago

Play both and buy the one you like best.

I just sold my Dialed In this week. The layout is great with excellent flow, it's fun and it's one of the most loaded pins out there. However, after 3 years I wanted a change. Since owning the game I only really seemed to get 1 multiball, the main Quantum City multiball, and on top of that it's only a 2 ball multiball unless you can earn an add a ball. That just became old after a while, especially with the main multiball not being very layered to begin with. Dialed In is still a fun game and is worth the purchase. Be prepared though for non regular pinball players to never play it. For whatever reason I was the only person to ever play it between my friends and family. I think a lot of people don't understand the theme and unfortunately don't give it a chance.

One of the games I'm considering now is Jurrasic Park due to the depth of the game, theme, and the variety of multiballs. Godzilla Premium may win me over though depending on how the code turns out.

#12 2 years ago

Get in on dialed in before it get’s “hobbited” = which is a 6k game that is now 10k+. Dialed in is one of the few that is still under valued. That will change no doubt.

JP is actually my favorite game but simply b/c the market is sleeping on DI, get DI. It is truly a modern day Williams Bally.

#13 2 years ago

Literally no comparison in my mind. JP all the way. The flow and the combos are second to none. Every ball starts with the greatest skill shot challenge ever. So many things to shoot at and such cool and polished rules. DI has a decent enough playfield, but truly is a cookie cutter combo of every PL game ever made and one of the worst themes imaginable.

#14 2 years ago

Owned both

JP premium by a nautical mile

Dialed in is a great tech demo but the code is incomplete and just bad

JP prem is the best designed game I’ve ever played. The perfect merging of code and layout.

#15 2 years ago

JP premium

#16 2 years ago

This is a really interesting topic due to the fact that I'm in the process of selling my house and when I move I was thinking either pick up a Dialed in limited edition or a premium Jurassic Park. I was really excited on Jurassic Park premium and I played one out a place recently. Maybe the game wasn't set up correctly but the dinosaur rarely caught the ball and it just felt kind of clunky like maybe it wasn't set up properly?
I don't know but I've always liked Pat Lawlor and people that hate on the theme don't get Pat. Everything from Banzai Run, Earth shaker, whirlwind, Safe Cracker, Fun House, Road Show are all original unlicensed themes. That are unique.
Just my 2 cents

#17 2 years ago

Jurassic Park Premium is LIGHT YEARS more fun that Dialed In LE, which out of the 40-something pins I've owned, lasted the absolute shortest. Like 10 days. The design might be ok, but it's the worst theme and worst audio. It's completely soulless and generic and the poorly designed SIM card shot is a huge flaw in the game. The one positive is anytime you flip, you do hit something. No need to aim.

#18 2 years ago

I owned both NIB, and I sold DI after about 6 months. I will admit that theme is important to me, but even ignoring the cheesy theme of DI...I just wasn't having fun playing.

I still have my JP Prem - with the bootleg code that adds movie assets I think it's one of the best pins I've played.

#19 2 years ago

DI for me.I owned both. I sold jp within 6 months seemed to linear or me. Could be my skill level never got far in the game. DI even a bad game I think is fun.

Also against most pins I would choose DI.it's one of my favorite pins. Caution my taste different from the majority on this site.
Good luck.

#20 2 years ago

I’m so very conflicted, wheres the poll?!?!

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Jurassic Park Premium is LIGHT YEARS more fun that Dialed In LE, which out of the 40-something pins I've owned, lasted the absolute shortest. Like 10 days. The design might be ok, but it's the worst theme and worst audio. It's completely soulless and generic and the poorly designed SIM card shot is a huge flaw in the game. The one positive is anytime you flip, you do hit something. No need to aim.

You need to update your previously owned pins I just see a shit ton of Sterns there

#22 2 years ago

As good as everyone says JP is, it is refreshing to see the DI love. I personally really like it, but I haven't played JP yet.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’m so very conflicted, wheres the poll?!?!

The Top 100 rankings is the broadest poll you could ever ask for.

#24 2 years ago

You can't base that a game is great because of a top 100 list. There are a lot of great games with lower rankings because there aren't 3 or 4 variations to average for a score that gets it up there.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

You can't base that a game is great because of a top 100 list. There are a lot of great games with lower rankings because there aren't 3 or 4 variations to average for a score that gets it up there.

Agreed. I have owned/played games that weren't highly rated that I loved. But a poll is something different. If you want to get the most accurate sense of what game would win in a poll, the rankings are literally the answer to that question.

#26 2 years ago

For me, it's Dialed In. I love the quirky theme, the toys, the shots, the modes, the 90s feel. I had a Jurassic Park Premium for about 5 months, and would always walk away from that machine feeling frustrated. The T-Rex toy is one of the coolest mechs in all of pinball, but it just wasn't enough to last in my collection.

#27 2 years ago

I'd say it's close to 50/50.

DI is a packed Lawlor pin. His designs are slow flow, like the popular 90s pins. The game is fun with unmatched multimedia. The modes are great, and the theatre is very cool. It is also less multiball heavy, which matches nicely with 90s style. But the scoring is slightly unbalanced, and the Bob modes and theatre modes are sadly secondary. You also have to remove the protectors and use Mylar instead to avoid the supposed design flaws. The game could be the goat, but they refuse to update the code. Even with these flaws, the game is crazy good. That's how good it is.

JP is like all Elwin pins: it is designed for trap and shoot. If you want to learn to play next-level pinball, his designs are out of this world. You'll get deeper, more balanced rules. It has linear and nonlinear linear progression paired with difficult but crazy satisfying combos. On the down side, the game is more difficult to learn and play, and you have to like controlled gameplay. Plus you have stern cheapness in components (speakers, coil stops, knocker, power source/switch etc). They have gotten better in other areas, but stern cuts corners wherever they can.

If jjp would fix the code on DI, it would be an easy pick!

#28 2 years ago

Jp. #2 in top 100. Great theme, toys and tough game that makes you a better player.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Jp. #2 in top 100.

proxy-image.gifproxy-image.gif

#30 2 years ago

I just bought both, I would say if you are a casual player Dialed In. If you are a tournament player Jurassic Park.

#31 2 years ago

Interweb rules say you cannot use the same meme 2x in one day. Get some fresh material. Like your detailed analysis though.

#32 2 years ago

Just curious on DI code needing update. Is it a complete deal breaker? Do you think that it is something that they will fix?

I've played it before but wasn't really sure about what the rules were but thought that it was a high quality game.

#33 2 years ago

Was a early lover of dile soon as it was announced. Got a early build 4+ years ago( wow can't believe I've had it that long allready..time flys) .and it's been amazing and I love it as much now as I did when I first got it. JP is a cool game with lots of shots but it didn't have that need one more game feeling that many other pins give me.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

Just curious on DI code needing update. Is it a complete deal breaker? Do you think that it is something that they will fix?
I've played it before but wasn't really sure about what the rules were but thought that it was a high quality game.

Code is really good imo.. yea it cld be improved in some areas like most pins buy it's very solid with a lot there. I have yet to see everything even after 4+ years of ownership

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

I don't know Tranq, but he seems well versed in pins and is able to get deep into rules. With that said, he may just be giving a personal opinion regarding code .

#36 2 years ago

Honestly if a theme about mass destruction controlled by a dude in bad jeans and a cell phone is even going head to head with Jurassic frickin Park, then to me that tells me that there must be something really special about DI. I’ve played both. I like both themes, but I honestly get the quirky love DI is getting here. It’s different. The game is unique. It feels classic but new. It’s deeper. It’s got great gimmicks. JP is great, but generic in a way. The premium is the only way to go with the t-Rex head, and raptor pen. Seriously how could a quirky game even compare to JP? Well, it does and it is here. That’s saying something. Tough choices. GL

#37 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:I’m so very conflicted, wheres the poll?!?!

Quoted from TKDalumni:

Thread needs a poll

Exactly!! Where the hell is the poll? OP, are you really going to manually count all these replies?

Dialed In for me.

#38 2 years ago

My reaction when someone says Dialed in is better then Jurassic Park.

dennis-laugh.gifdennis-laugh.gif
#39 2 years ago

I agree with the premium on JP but Di has a better constructed feel, 5.1 sound, invisiglass, powder coating and a shaker with it.

#40 2 years ago

I own both... and they are probably our two favorite games to play.

my 2 cents... you really need to play them both, but especially Dialed In. It will either click for you or it won't... I think most people know within their first 5 games.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

The game can be unbalanced and exploited. You can basically ignore the Bob modes. The main strategy is to light Big Bang, start a disaster, hit Big Bang, and then get the Sim Card..... and repeat. If your goal is to get the highest scores almost everything else can be ignored. I wouldn't recommend playing it that way, but that is a solid strategy for a very high score.

#42 2 years ago

Quoted from zaki:Jp. #2 in top 100. Great theme, toys and tough game that makes you a better player.

I agree, I've been playing so much Jurassic Park that I've neglected X-MEN LE. I finally played a few games of X-MEN and had a great games on it. At least there are a lot of saved balls in JP and I love saving my balls in games.

#43 2 years ago

Here is some game play footage of dialed in. Lol

Kidding aside Dialed in is a good game. Some people hate the theme. Some people say it gets old in a home collection. Some people are idiots. Just an observation I have made over the year's. But then again people say that about all games.

6d358159cf6422a03be09efd84a3c856.gif6d358159cf6422a03be09efd84a3c856.gif
#44 2 years ago

Falling on the sword for everyone here. If you think Jurassic Park is Better then give me an Up vote. If you think Dialed in is better give me a down vote.

Here is the poll.

Jurassic Park. Up vote

Dialed in. Down vote

And I can't vote because it's my post so put me down for Jurassic.

poll-online-vote-icon-outline-style-vector-37101487 (resized).jpgpoll-online-vote-icon-outline-style-vector-37101487 (resized).jpg

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Interweb rules say you cannot use the same meme 2x in one day. Get some fresh material. Like your detailed analysis though.

That laugh will be used more than twice per day in the future. I can promise you that.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Here is some game play footage of dialed in. Lol
Kidding aside Dialed in is a good game. Some people hate the theme. Some people say it gets old in a home collection. Some people are idiots. Just an observation I have made over the year's. But then again people say that about all games.
[quoted image]

I wanted to play Dialed in at Zapcon in 2019, but never got the chance or at any JJP game still to this day. the lines were always busy. Hopefully Zapcon returns in 2022 in full affect.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from jdzwir123:

As NC_Pin said, if you want to blow up the game, she's a one-trick pony, but there are some other issues.

1. The lower bob target is almost impossible to hit, even for skilled players. The game loves to push the ball to the left (worker dude, center magnets, drone magnet), so the kickback gets used up a lot. I suggested in the google group (where JJP has a presence) that they make the hit/lit bob standups rotate with flipper buttons like Pinball Magic. Other owners supported this idea. This would make the game so much better because once you're left with that bottom bob target, your screwed for relighting kickback or progressing bob until you fluke it. This is such and easy fix in code, but they responded clearly: "NO! this will not happen."

2. The multiballs are practically meaningless. It's just shoot everything for jackpots, which trigger attacks. There is a super and you can stack in a mode, but most just end up using the mbs to collect sims. The attacks are a cool feature, but a super jackpot in the sim that lights after three specific jackpots (ramps?) or something would make it more meaninful. The points would need to be big too in order to complete with modes/bang.

So if the exploit was balanced out of existence, the bob portion was a bit more intuitive to progress and was worth waaay more points and the multiballs were more goal-oriented, the game would be beyond epic. However, these issues are very real in this game. I am an early, instant-order, adopter, and I want to love it to death, but they won't fucking fix it.

Disclaimer: I'm definitely not the only critic, but I am, by far, the loudest about these issues, so take it for what it's worth. I'm frustrated because I've coded pinball, and I'd say it would take me a day or two max to fix these issues.

#48 2 years ago

I’ve had dialed in and I currently have JP3. Dialed in got boring. Longer game times the hard to hit bob target as above and the meaningless multiball apart from using them to bring in a mode. If you have a good game at least for me I never quite felt like I needed to play the game again that night which I can say for WOZ and hobbit too (haven’t really played wonka, pirates or GnR).

Before owning JP3 I had put about 20 games on the pro and a similar number on a premium. The game felt clunky and I wasn’t a fan. I traded an AIQ for it and I started to like it in the home. The sounds are epic and the game I have at least shoots well and I can get into a rhythm with it. There’s always a dinosaur around making noise with adds to the atmosphere and fun. There plenty to do and I think the game is making me a better player.

Go JP3 for my money

#49 2 years ago

Dialed in!

#50 2 years ago

Well there's 2 games I never thought I would see compared

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 16.00
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-le-or-jurassic-park-premium?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.