Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20180717_134823740 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_20180717_105449669 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181019_001746 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181019_001751 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I purchased a gently used DialedIn LE and if I shoot the ball to hard into the open Bob's trap door, this can happen (see pics).
This happens about every other game I play now.
This is one of the first games of the line so maybe they improved the ball stop tab on the mech? I've emailed JJP
but they are busy at Expo so no response yet.

IMG_20181019_001746 (resized).jpgIMG_20181019_001746 (resized).jpgIMG_20181019_001751 (resized).jpgIMG_20181019_001751 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Fixes are well documented in the DI owner thread..try there

#4 5 years ago

My issue I believe is different than what is explained there ( or a least what I read so far).
The ball is hopping over that bent metal stop so it ends up perched past the stop and against the playfield.
Goes past the drop and gets stuck. I usually take a magnet tipped collapsible rod and grab it from the top side but finally lifted up the playfield to see what was really the issue. The trap door opens and shuts fine but when the ball does get lodged back there and the door tries to shut, it can't shut quite all the way. It is about 1/2" from shutting.

#5 5 years ago

My ball was popping out of the hole,where your ball is stuck,and dropping into the lower cabinet. See the tab at the top,where your ball is resting against . I bent this tab outward a little,so that the ball would no longer drop through the hole.Once I did this,my problem was fixed.One night the ball dropped into the cabinet over six times.
I've included a before and after picture of the tab,that I had to bend.
IMG_20180717_105449669 (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_105449669 (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_134823740 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20180717_134823740 (1) (resized).jpg

#6 5 years ago

Thanks Ralphs007,
I will try and bend it now. My pic does look a lot like your "before" pic.
Is yours one of the early DILE's?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Thanks Ralphs007,
I will try and bend it now. My pic does look a lot like your "before" pic.
Is yours one of the early DILE's?

Mine was made in April 2018. I used a large slotted screw driver,to make the adjustment.Just stick it in the opening,and give it a small twist.
Hth
Ralph

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Mine was made in April 2018. I used a large slotted screw driver,to make the adjustment.Just stick it in the opening,and give it a small twist.
Hth
Ralph

Exactly what I used to spread it open some more. Normal first instinct would be to close that gap but that's not right just because it looks right when it's closed.
Played 4 5 ball games after spreading open that gap another 1/4" and no more balls stuck. Can't say with 100% certainty its reliable yet but I did shot about 10-12 trap door shots with no stuck balls so looking good.

Thanks again for responding.

CuJo

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Exactly what I used to spread it open some more. Normal first instinct would be to close that gap but that's not right just because it looks right when it's closed.
Played 4 5 ball games after spreading open that gap another 1/4" and no more balls stuck. Can't say with 100% certainty its reliable yet but I did shot about 10-12 trap door shots with no stuck balls so looking good.
Thanks again for responding.
CuJo

You're welcome.
I've played over 500 games since I opened up the gap in the tab,and it's still working great for me.

#10 5 years ago

I really, really, really hate this mech. I frequently get balls during multiball stuck behind it. I would love to be able to figure out a way to redesign it.

#11 5 years ago

had this issue.. turned out the spring steel flap on the trap door had broken off. once i replaced the trap door, problem went away.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

I really, really, really hate this mech. I frequently get balls during multiball stuck behind it. I would love to be able to figure out a way to redesign it.

This mech. made me regret buying my Dialed In.It's been a real nightmare for me.Two broken trap doors,ball popping out of mech. and dropping into the lower cabinet.Another issue I was having, was the trap door was only raising 3/4",and then the ball would slam into it,and either go in,or bounce back,and roll down the left ramp.
Thanks to a local pinsider (Turtle),who came over and fixed my ramp for me,it's now working like a champ. Thanks again Turtle!

5 months later
#13 5 years ago

Is there no more "elegant" solution for this Issue? I do not want to bend anything. An additional support-bracket (mounted on the screws behind) or so, that prevents the ball goes out there, would be helpful.

#14 5 years ago

Here's my input, trap door didn't work from the get go. I'm not capable to fix it and tried. Mine was NIB. and manufactured in late 2018.

Long story short I had my tech fix it and he removed it took it apart monkeyed with it and fixed it.

My tech is one of the best in Chicago and restored his own Funhouse which he said the trap door is essentially the same.

Never had a problem since. Good luck.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from retrosys:

Is there no more "elegant" solution for this Issue? I do not want to bend anything. An additional support-bracket (mounted on the screws behind) or so, that prevents the ball goes out there, would be helpful.

honestly this is a pretty elegant solution. you are not drilling holes, moving mechs, etc. you are tweaking the metal. that is pretty common in pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-le-issues-w-bob-s-trap-door and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.