Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by oropuro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Anyone experience a heavy amount of audio noise? Seems like interference from something, has a pretty noticeable static noise. Any suggestions in what to look at? doesn't seem to be localized to any one speaker.

#2 5 years ago

Do you have the ground loop isolator on it (should be somewhere by the computer box)? Not sure if they're shipping with them from the factory, but it has been an ongoing JJP problem that a ground loop isolator fixes.

#3 5 years ago

If you don’t have it JJP will send it to you..

#4 5 years ago

I do not believe it has one. I think I know what your talking about, I might have an extra one from my WOZ that was used for the sub that I never had connected. Is it basically a small box that just goes inline with the audio cable?

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

I do not believe it has one. I think I know what your talking about, I might have an extra one from my WOZ that was used for the sub that I never had connected. Is it basically a small box that just goes inline with the audio cable?

On WoZ it went on the 3.5mm headphone jack connector. I don't remember how the audio is set up on Dialed In, so not sure if it's like that or using RCA jacks.

#6 5 years ago

Yes - unplug male cable from pink jack on sound card, plug that cable into female port on isolator, plug male cable from isolator into pink jack.

#7 5 years ago

DI same sound board, just in the backbox

#8 5 years ago

Alright, thank you gentlemen. I'm going to use this extra one I have hanging around.

#9 5 years ago

That did it, thank you all. This game is nuts by the way.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

That did it, thank you all. This game is nuts by the way.

Can you please post a picture of it? I’m having same problem, just got no idea what I’m looking for, or what I’ll need to get to fix it. Thanks!

#11 5 years ago

Mpow Ground Loop Noise Isolator for Car Audio/Home Stereo System with 3.5mm Audio Cable (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019393MV2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_.vtCCb5XBA2R4

Is this something that will work?

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Mpow Ground Loop Noise Isolator for Car Audio/Home Stereo System with 3.5mm Audio Cable (Black) amazon.com link »
    Is this something that will work?

Yeah this is exactly what you need. It drives me nuts that this is a known problem on DI yet JJP is too cheap to just include it from the factory.

#13 5 years ago

Jjp ships you one when you log a ticket.
    Unfortunately theirs isnt best quality and didnt work well on my machine.
    Bought a cheap one on aliexpress and that works better (although also not perfect).

1 year later
    #15 3 years ago

Pictures of this would be niiiice

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-le-auido-noise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.