Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should Dialed In really be renamed?”

• Yes, keep the name, it was fine. 117 votes
    34%
  • Yes, I didn't get it at first but I like it and think it's fine now. 46 votes
    13%
  • No, it's stupid, but I'm not buying the game anyway so my opinion doesn't matter. 82 votes
    24%
  • No, I think it should change regardless of whether or not I could come up with anything better. 97 votes
    28%

(342 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

drunk-dial (resized).jpg
senior_falls (resized).jpg
grand-theft-auto-5-beach-bikini-babe-wallpaper (resized).jpg
dv1uesz1ovgqtebuzscx (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 11.01.00 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.39.27 PM (resized).png
191285 (resized).jpg
whiny (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Circus_Animal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago

Call it Batman 66 SLE and undercut Stern.

#30 7 years ago

The irony is that if they change the name, the small run of machines already produced as 'Dialed In' will end up being the most valuable due to their rarity.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I don't understand all of the vitriol about the name.
It's a name.
You don't play the name.

I can see why operators would have a problem with it, if it doesn't entice people to play on location. The majority of their customers are not pinball enthusiasts and they rely on things like name and theme to get people to put credits in.

Quoted from PinLen83:

Honestly, I've never understood this mentality. You know, I know, we ALL KNOW that these machines with continually hold their value provided its kept in excellent condition. Whats the difference if you pay $9,000, or $90,000?

There's no guarantee that they will hold their value. Look at how prices have skyrocketed in the last few years for both new and used games. There's no reason they can't move in the other direction just as quickly. Then there's the market value of specific titles; take Ghostbusters. The game is known to have extensive QC problems which will likely make potential buyers wary (even if the machine in question has no apparent issues), forcing down the price on the secondary market. What if Heighway really takes off and full-featured games become readily available for ~$4000? Will people really still pay $9k for Dialed In or Batman? Finally there's the opportunity cost; a $5k game sold in 5 years for $5k frees up $4k to be invested in something that will almost certainly produce a profit without speculating on the price of a single pinball machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 22.50
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Circus_Animal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-keep-the-name-or-change-it?tu=Circus_Animal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.