Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Should Dialed In really be renamed?”

• Yes, keep the name, it was fine. 117 votes
    34%
  • Yes, I didn't get it at first but I like it and think it's fine now. 46 votes
    13%
  • No, it's stupid, but I'm not buying the game anyway so my opinion doesn't matter. 82 votes
    24%
  • No, I think it should change regardless of whether or not I could come up with anything better. 97 votes
    28%

(342 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

drunk-dial (resized).jpg
senior_falls (resized).jpg
grand-theft-auto-5-beach-bikini-babe-wallpaper (resized).jpg
dv1uesz1ovgqtebuzscx (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 11.01.00 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 5.39.27 PM (resized).png
191285 (resized).jpg
whiny (resized).jpg
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago

The longer I think about it, the nicer the name Dialed In sounds to me. There was a pinball called Who Dunnit, so why not Dialed In?

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

The longer I think about it, the nicer the name Dialed In sounds to me. There was a pinball called Who Dunnit, so why not Dialed In?

WhoDunnit was also a 70s British TV game show. Dialed In would make more sense if we used the term back in the 70s when there were rotary phones.

#104 7 years ago

Buy one and call it whatever you want.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

Buy one and call it whatever you want.

I smell a "Quantum City" alternate backglass brewing right about now.

#106 7 years ago

The more i look to the artwork the more i dislike this guy holding the smartphone as If he was holding the ultimate power in his hand.
Hard to not think to a phone cell theme...

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

The more i look to the artwork the more i dislike this guy holding the smartphone as If he was holding the ultimate power in his hand.
Hard to not think to a phone cell theme...

the point is that it *is* a super powerful phone.

#108 7 years ago

A super powerful phone for What?

#109 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

A super powerful phone for What?

Controlling quantum city!

#110 7 years ago

The theme is what sucks, not the name. They could call it James Bond or The Beatles, but it will still be a game with ringing cell phones and selfies.

#111 7 years ago

Did JJP give a date for the new name announcement?
Is this still a thing or just a rumor?

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I don't believe he said a date but he did say the name will change but will include dialed in, he stated this on the buffalo twitch stream.

#113 7 years ago

drunk-dial (resized).jpgdrunk-dial (resized).jpg

#114 7 years ago

Any word, didnt they say it would be announced soon? Quantum city would be much better, dialed in could be a wizard mode or something your working towards to keep the inserts vaid

#115 7 years ago

Lifeline. It's gonna be lifeline.

#116 7 years ago

I think they have probably abandoned the idea to change the name. Maybe they noticed that people were warming up to it. The polls on here showed about a 50/50 split for and against fhe name and the outrage on here died down pretty quick.

#117 7 years ago

I posted this in the other DI thread, but here ya go:

Last year, a 14 year-old cousin from out-of-state visited and spent some time in the game room.

On my wall is a nostalgic 1960's style vertical-type coin-op rotary phone (i.e., akin to the ones that once were housed in what we oldsters call a phone 'booth').

He asked what it was - I TOLD him it was a phone, and then (without thinking for a second), asked if he wanted to dial his mother and say hello.

His response?
"What is 'dial', and why do I have to do that, to talk to my Mom?"

Then it hit me - the kid has only EVER known cellphones. MY phone is a frickin' oddity to him, never before seen or touched. (His follow-on remark was even funnier: "Why do I have to put my finger in a hole??").

His age is the on-location demographic for alot of the market for this new game.
To hit that, this title needs seriously re-worked (from my viewpoint as a marketing and trends guy with 35+ years experience).

End of my comment.
LOL.

#118 7 years ago

What rock was that kid living under in that other state? Nothing wrong with saying one is "dialing" a keypad. It's part of the definition, look it up. Clock and watch faces are also called dials, as are analog meter faces.

Landlines still have that hum called a dial tone.

And a pinball set up and tweaked to work well is said to be dialed in! It's actually a clever name! I bet Jack doesn't change it after all, what would he tell those who have ordered it?

#119 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I don't believe he said a date but he did say the name will change but will include dialed in, he stated this on the buffalo twitch stream.

that seems logical that the new name (if there is one) will include "Dialed In" otherwise jjp should have changed his artwork
what will be the new name? is it the final artwork? don't know when we get some news?

#120 7 years ago

The live stream at Pinstar Amusements over the weekend, Jack stated the name is staying the same. I agree with this. Pat designed the game, so it is his decision to keep the name. I hope people can just move on from this already.

#121 7 years ago

Call me Dialed out! Just waiting for game #4 now. Hopefully a little more thought will go into the name.
I have to say, Jack and Pat just phoned this in this time. Lack of research shows the reaction globally.

#122 7 years ago

If you weren't buying Dialed In because of the name and then Jack changed it to "Quantum City" and now ur in, well that would be up there with the stupidest things I've ever heard, PF art changes or better toys, code revision OK but the name? Stupid.

#123 7 years ago

It's the whole theme, not just the name.
The dumb name is only part of the problem.
Those 2 character toys are just lame, as well as the supporting animations in ball modes. The list of mistakes is rather long.

#124 7 years ago

I wouldn't think that its stupid, as mentioned above more than changing the name its about refocusing the theme more on the fact your saving the city from an evil corporation rather than being about phones. And with how much these cost, I'm sure people are much more critical of if its not exactly what you want, or something bugs you about it - such as the title.

The other thing to think on is those of the 33% who are fine with the name, who were going to will probably buy it if the name changes anyways. Where as the 28% people who voted to change will probably not buy it if it doesn't.

#125 7 years ago

Forget the name...everyone I spoke to who played it said it was a blast!

#126 7 years ago

This thread amuses me. Just phoned this in - I see what you did there. 37 months the game was in development. Heck of a long phone call.

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

37 months the game was in development. Heck of a long phone call.

Maybe Pat had to telecommute over a Dial Up?

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

You can find what you are looking for hear and no I will not say the min mark for news. Pat calls in as well as 3 hr game play and jack making announcement

1 week later
#129 7 years ago

We talked to Jack in person at the IAAPA show in Orlando.
Were told flat out that no name change is coming.
We did not push it after that. It is his company so we will just have to deal with it.

#132 7 years ago

Dialed In made an appearance today at the Silverball Museum in Delray Beach Florida

#133 7 years ago

Good to hear JJP not caving to a bunch of wackos. It's Pats new babies name, and is really disrespectful, petty and dumb.
I can bet it would not change sales one bit anyhow.
Now got to go back to watching bob ross Ruin his paintings with big happy trees! . RUINED!! Now beat the devil out that brush Bob!!!

#134 7 years ago

The game is incredible. I would not change the name either. Theme is pretty cool in person.

#135 7 years ago

Keep the name ,lower the price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-keep-the-name-or-change-it/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.